Read 755 times

Any reason why an E-2 visa could be rejected?
« on: July 22, 2016, 06:42:26 am »
I am currently on an E-2 visa,however my contract has expired.
I have new E-2 visa documents to apply for a new E-2 visa.
My plan was to change to a tourist visa and then apply for a new E-2 visa once I secure a job.

My plan was to apply for a tourist visa,then do a visa run once getting a job.

This is because I have already paid for the new E-2 visa docs to be processed,and it seems like a waste to spend money on a D-10 visa,then spend more money to transfer that visa to an E-2 visa(around 260 000 won for both processes).

Another implication may be that if my previous public school catches wind of the situation they may ask for my exit allowance back.

I don't mind spending the money to go to another country for a visa run as it will be a mini vacation.

Any insight and thoughts on this?

My only fear is that for some reason my E-2 visa application will be cancelled if I don't convert to an E-2 visa.
Do you want a 5-10 Dollar discount on your first purchase from iherb.com?Use this code KSZ711 when you make a purchase.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: Any reason why an E-2 visa could be rejected?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 07:08:56 am »
You are not legally permitted to look for work on a tourist visa.

That is what the D-10 is for.  It lets employers know that you are admissible.

• outsider
  • Veteran

• July 03, 2014, 04:19:05 am
    • Bucheon
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 07:36:39 am »
I am currently on an E-2 visa,however my contract has expired.
I have new E-2 visa documents to apply for a new E-2 visa.
My plan was to change to a tourist visa and then apply for a new E-2 visa once I secure a job.

My plan was to apply for a tourist visa,then do a visa run once getting a job.

This is because I have already paid for the new E-2 visa docs to be processed,and it seems like a waste to spend money on a D-10 visa,then spend more money to transfer that visa to an E-2 visa(around 260 000 won for both processes).

Another implication may be that if my previous public school catches wind of the situation they may ask for my exit allowance back.

I don't mind spending the money to go to another country for a visa run as it will be a mini vacation.

Any insight and thoughts on this?

My only fear is that for some reason my E-2 visa application will be cancelled if I don't convert to an E-2 visa.

I have been on an F visa for a little while but I have done the whole E2 - D10 - E2 visa shuffle before and its nowhere near 260 000.  If memory serves its 30 000 won to change to a d10 and another 30 000 to go back to e2 later.

Things change quickly I know.  But, not THAT quickly.   Where are you getting your information?

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 07:48:50 am »

I have been on an F visa for a little while but I have done the whole E2 - D10 - E2 visa shuffle before and its nowhere near 260 000.  If memory serves its 30 000 won to change to a d10 and another 30 000 to go back to e2 later.

Things change quickly I know.  But, not THAT quickly.   Where are you getting your information?
[/quote]

From this website:

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=73456.0
Do you want a 5-10 Dollar discount on your first purchase from iherb.com?Use this code KSZ711 when you make a purchase.