Read 1732 times

NH bank- can I get a statement of money deposited?
« on: July 21, 2016, 09:25:49 am »
I feel like my school isn't paying me properly for my afterschool classes. Sometimes when i ask them for a printout of my wages, the office staff act like it's a big hassle. But the printout doesn't mean the money actually went into my account. They have made errors in the past. Also, sometimes friends "send" me money when they owe me for something I paid for, e.g. a trip. I don't doubt them but I just want to double check everything.

I'm with NH bank. Is there an easy way for me to get a copy of money paid into my account? I don't have internet banking and to be honest, I don't want to go through that hassle as I heard it's an ordeal. I just want a simple statement. Does anyone know if it's possible?

• JackRoxby
  • Veteran

• May 10, 2016, 07:34:49 pm
    • south korea
Re: NH bank- can I get a statement of money deposited?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 09:29:05 am »
Do you have the pagebook thing?

Pretty sure you can take it to an ATM insert it and it prints all your transactions straight onto it.  I haven't used it yet but I have seen others use it. Also, you are correct, the internet banking is ridiculous.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 09:30:21 am »
Step 1) Insert your bank book into the ATM.
Step 2) Select "Update bank book" from the ATM menu.  The ATM will print your transactions in your bank book.

You're welcome.

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:35:59 am »
Wow, are you guys serious? I never knew that!! I'll try it today. But will it print out every single transaction I have made in the past 11 months? I have made a lot of trips to GS25 for my sugar fix! Will all of these get printed out too? My bank book doesn't have enough pages for all that

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 09:37:14 am »
Step 1) Go to bank
Step 2) Ask for a new bank book because your current one is full

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 11:51:08 am »
OP here. I tried it last night with the bankbook but it only printed 2 lines if information- The total income I have received and the total that I have spent since I opened my account.

So I googled it and found that the Korean language menu has more options.

Balance Inquiry 예금조회
In English, you have only the option of seeing your balance, whereas in Korean you can see the transactions over a period of time – you select the time frame.
① Insert your Passbook or card, enter your pin code when you see 비밀번호를 입력하세요 (Enter your PIN CODE, aka secret number) message and the key board appears on the screen
② You will see a number of time period options: 당일 (Today), 1주일(1week), 15일 (15days), 1개월 (1month), etc. Once you’ve selected your option, the transactions in your account during that period will appear on the screen.
③ Press 확인 (Confirm) to end the process.

So I found that option but then there were about 10 more unfamiliar options when I entered the next screen and I didn't know what to do because there was someone behind me, so I just left the ATM. I need to try again tonight  :sad:

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 12:35:26 pm »
Then you should go into the branch.

I have NH.  I put my book in, select update passbook (Korean, or English, it doesn't matter.  Korean is easy- it's the same text that is printed on the slot you put your book in).  It prints a bunch of lines (and it even turns the pages inside the machine).

So, go into the branch.  Give them the book and ask them to update it.  In the future, update it yourself more regularly.

• JackRoxby
  • Veteran

• May 10, 2016, 07:34:49 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 12:47:14 pm »
Just go into the bank and ask them to do it for you or at least show you how to do it.

• Pennypie
  • Expert Waygook

• July 26, 2014, 08:16:47 pm
    • Koreaaa
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 12:54:42 pm »

I have NH.  I put my book in, select update passbook (Korean, or English, it doesn't matter.  Korean is easy- it's the same text that is printed on the slot you put your book in).  It prints a bunch of lines (and it even turns the pages inside the machine).

So, go into the branch.  Give them the book and ask them to update it.  In the future, update it yourself more regularly.

Can you choose how much it updates? Is there a stage where you can select something?

I've always seen the update passbook thing but I always had online banking til I moved schools. I hate the idea of standing there forever whilst it prints years of transactions.

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 01:43:09 pm »

Can you choose how much it updates? Is there a stage where you can select something?

I've always seen the update passbook thing but I always had online banking til I moved schools. I hate the idea of standing there forever whilst it prints years of transactions.
As far as I know there is no option to choose how much to update.  I always update mine fairly regularly, usually after I get paid, so I have never had any significant backlog.  So, I put the book in, push one button (Update bank book), and that's it.  No options, no choices.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 01:48:39 pm »
OP here. I tried it last night with the bankbook but it only printed 2 lines if information- The total income I have received and the total that I have spent since I opened my account.

So I googled it and found that the Korean language menu has more options.

Balance Inquiry 예금조회
In English, you have only the option of seeing your balance, whereas in Korean you can see the transactions over a period of time – you select the time frame.
① Insert your Passbook or card, enter your pin code when you see 비밀번호를 입력하세요 (Enter your PIN CODE, aka secret number) message and the key board appears on the screen
② You will see a number of time period options: 당일 (Today), 1주일(1week), 15일 (15days), 1개월 (1month), etc. Once you’ve selected your option, the transactions in your account during that period will appear on the screen.
③ Press 확인 (Confirm) to end the process.

So I found that option but then there were about 10 more unfamiliar options when I entered the next screen and I didn't know what to do because there was someone behind me, so I just left the ATM. I need to try again tonight  :sad:
This is not what you want.  You don't want to see the transactions on the screen.  You simply want to update the bank book.  There is a single button for this.  It is the same in Korean and English, and there are no options.