Read 1020 times

• raysmith
  • Super Waygook

• August 16, 2012, 07:01:58 am
    • Korea
I need to do an urgent international bank transfer from a foreign bank account to someone else's Korean Bank account.

My bank (in my home country) tells me that I need the BSB or Branch number of the Korean account to do the transfer.

However, my Korean friend is just giving me a 13 digit account number (bank name is Nonghyup)

Does part of this 13 digit number contain the BSB or branch number?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:41:19 pm by raysmith »

• JackRoxby
  • Veteran

• May 10, 2016, 07:34:49 pm
    • south korea
You normally need the IBAN code to do international transfers and the address of their local branch. If they have online banking their IBAN code should be on there somewhere.

I just did a quick google search on BSB and this came up

BSB (Bank-State-Branch) is a six digit number that identifies banks and branches in Australia. Your account number is unique to you and itís how your account is identified. To make a funds transfer, youíll need both your recipientís BSB and account number. Similarly, to receive a transfer, the payer will need your BSB and account number.

Call the Korean bank and ask for it.

• raysmith
  • Super Waygook

• Korea
You normally need the IBAN code to do international transfers and the address of their local branch. If they have online banking their IBAN code should be on there somewhere.

I just did a quick google search on BSB and this came up

BSB (Bank-State-Branch) is a six digit number that identifies banks and branches in Australia. Your account number is unique to you and itís how your account is identified. To make a funds transfer, youíll need both your recipientís BSB and account number. Similarly, to receive a transfer, the payer will need your BSB and account number.

IBAN code?  Is that what we call a "Swift code"?  I have that bit.  Good point about the branch address.  Thanks.

My question is,  "Does part of the 13 digit account number they have provided me contain the BSB or branch number?"

• raysmith
  • Super Waygook

• Korea
Please disregard my posts above.

I think I've sorted it out.  Thanks for the responses.

I hope Mr Pink didn't see this

• Imogen1991
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 18, 2015, 12:26:47 am
    • Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Just as a heads up, in case it happens to you, both times I've done international transfers to my KEB account I've needed to call the bank to have the funds released to me, even after receiving a text notification that it had been deposited.