Read 3269331 times

• Augustiner
  • Super Waygook

• December 06, 2021, 01:18:06 pm
    • Anyang
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #13960 on: June 24, 2022, 12:51:03 pm »
That would be nice, but I don't see the demographics here changing. I also choose to believe that most posters here are just shooting the shit to pass time, and noone is actually forming opinions or getting their information from anything posted here. (I hope so anyway)

DMart takes himself far too seriously on here.  He takes the whole site far too seriously.  I don't think this is a place for him to just shoot the shit.  It means a lot more than that to him.  That's why he gets so worked up.  I'm not even sure what got him all riled currently.  Still seems to be stuck on that BTS conversation. 

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #13961 on: June 24, 2022, 01:03:07 pm »
Once upon a time, serious discussions existed on Daveís. Unfortunately, one poster in particular, has BSed his way through the best part of a decade from there to here, ultimately, killing off the discussion.

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2022, 03:43:11 pm
    • A side street near Cheongju
« Reply #13962 on: June 24, 2022, 01:23:42 pm »
I don't even try to get into or initiate any indepth conversations. It's just easier for me to keep it shallow and light, complain a little, make a comment, enjoy a bit of humor, and talk about TV, books, and movies. Every time, I get a little deeper or disagree with something...Bingo! I can't be stuffed anymore, feeding disagreeable people. All the above comments are spot on, I don't need to add to them.

• Bakeacake
  • Super Waygook

• July 12, 2010, 01:35:40 pm
    • Pohang South Korea
« Reply #13963 on: June 24, 2022, 01:28:00 pm »
lets not forget.  he couldnt fathom a world in which Tucker Carlson didn't exist.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #13964 on: June 24, 2022, 02:01:41 pm »
I don't even try to get into or initiate any indepth conversations. It's just easier for me to keep it shallow and light, complain a little, make a comment, enjoy a bit of humor, and talk about TV, books, and movies. Every time, I get a little deeper or disagree with something...Bingo! I can't be stuffed anymore, feeding disagreeable people. All the above comments are spot on, I don't need to add to them.

Iím just here for laughs and TV/Movie recommendations.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #13965 on: June 24, 2022, 02:03:47 pm »
lets not forget.  he couldnt fathom a world in which Tucker Carlson didn't exist.

Why would anyone want to imagine such a terrible version of our world?
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" - hangook77

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #13966 on: June 24, 2022, 02:10:57 pm »
Iím just here for laughs and TV/Movie recommendations.

And I promise to keep on delivering plenty  :wink:. My ex brother-in-law reckons my recommendations suck big time. Mind you, he ate meat and 3 vege, and drank 6 + pints, every day of his life. Says it all  :lipsrsealed:
BTW, Only Murders in the building S01 is good. Up to ep 3. (sorry off topic)

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13967 on: June 24, 2022, 02:18:34 pm »
And I promise to keep on delivering plenty  :wink:. My ex brother-in-law reckons my recommendations suck big time. Mind you, he ate meat and 3 vege, and drank 6 + pints, every day of his life. Says it all  :lipsrsealed:

Sounds like a choice bloke! It was my diet for about 18 months after returning from Korea until I got over it.

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #13968 on: June 24, 2022, 02:25:32 pm »
Sounds like a choice bloke! It was my diet for about 18 months after returning from Korea until I got over it.

He actually was a good guy. He'd be late 70s now and probably still sitting in the same pub and eating the same dinner.
But yeah, I should be careful. As much as I love food; meat, potatoes, vege, and gravy is my go to twice a week, more in winter.

« Reply #13969 on: June 24, 2022, 04:53:26 pm »
Yeah, I like reading through DeMart's ramblings often. They're a wild ride. But if he doesn't think he's a massive reason that people might be turned off from commenting, he's absolutely delusional.
Oh for sure, on the politics stuff and some of the classroom stuff and a bit of the Korea living stuff and the argumentative tone in general and penchant for long-winded arguments that are drawn out to the bitter end.

That being said, there's a fair amount being said here that I don't think would go over well AT ALL if spoken outloud in public amongst an average group of NETs in 2022.

Like seriously "The only people who listen to Kpop are young girls and gay men"

Would you say that out loud in public amongst a mixed NET crowd in 2022? Sorry, I just don't see that kind of comment going over well AT ALL

And I think people would start to give you some side glances if you kept saying stuff like this - "Korean food is just a bunch of weeds and rotten meat" "Koreans have no critical thinking skills"  "Koreans can't walk." "Why do Koreans...???" Like maybe one gripe or frustrated question, but a nonstop string? Not to mention some of the comments about rap music/black people, Muslims, etc.

Call me crazy, but I think the terms "racist" "haters" "complainers" and "homophobic" would likely show up more in a poll of random NETs as to why people don't chat here than "Mr.DeMartino"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 05:31:44 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13970 on: June 24, 2022, 05:18:12 pm »
Oh for sure, on the politics stuff and some of the classroom stuff and a bit of the Korea living stuff and the argumentative tone in general and penchant for long-winded arguments that are drawn out to the bitter end.

That being said, there's a fair amount being said here that I don't think would go over well AT ALL if spoken outloud in public amongst an average group of NETs in 2022.

Like seriously "The only people who listen to Kpop are young girls and gay men"

Would you say that out loud in public amongst a mixed NET crowd in 2022? Sorry, I just don't see that kind of comment going over well AT ALL

Except nobody actually said that other than you. It's just another made up quote of yours
That said, Luv ya Marti  :-*
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 06:11:53 am by Adel »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #13971 on: June 24, 2022, 06:27:53 pm »

Savant, gogators!, Mayor Haggar, Adel, Augustiner, SPQR and a few others sit down for a meeting

Now I feel really left out.

« Reply #13972 on: June 25, 2022, 12:54:08 pm »
Now I feel really left out.
Why? Plenty of arguments, but you don't constantly gripe about Korea, don't whine that people like different music, seem to actually have some awareness that people of different backgrounds have different experiences and tastes (i.e. if a black colleague of yours said they don't know anything about The Beatles, your response wouldn't be incredulity and accusations of lying), and I don't think you'd go on about how BTS fans are either girls or gay while claiming you're tolerant. Like, if someone in your classroom said they like BTS and someone said "gay", I think you'd take a real dim view of that for reasons of homophobia and bullying, whereas I think some of those characters would probably laugh along. I also think if people were saying such things over beers, you wouldn't be joining in such mockery. I also think you'd genuinely want female and minority voices and would agree their absence has problems and is likely resulting in a distorted view and echo chamber.

There is a reason you were left out and it's a darn good one.

• Augustiner
  • Super Waygook

• Anyang
« Reply #13973 on: June 25, 2022, 01:05:21 pm »
Why?

Because to be in the list is a compliment and indicates that you are among the posters that get your posts are usually ignorant and dishonest and unnecessarily vitriolic.  Iím grateful you included me, and Mr. C is understandably slighted by the fact you left him out. He also views you as someone that turns people off the site for a whole host of reasons. 

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #13974 on: June 25, 2022, 01:24:13 pm »
Geez Marti, now that Aristocrat has gone, you're playing the Mr C card. Poor old late middle age Mr C, I bet he has something serious to say about this...and it won't be nice  8)

Sorry, I'm bored  :-[

• Augustiner
  • Super Waygook

• Anyang
« Reply #13975 on: June 25, 2022, 01:27:38 pm »
Geez Marti, now that Aristocrat has gone, you're playing the Mr C card. Poor old late middle age Mr C, I bet he has something serious to say about this...and it won't be nice  8)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I thought the exact same thing. Marti always tried to suck up to aristo for some reason and now heís trying it with Mr. C.  Aristo wasnít buying it and Iím guessing Mr. C wonít either.

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13976 on: June 25, 2022, 01:31:38 pm »

I reckon your just trying a bit harder to make it onto Marti's strawmen list!  :rolleyes:

• Rye
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #13977 on: June 25, 2022, 01:33:08 pm »
Ahhh...shit! Found out! New strategy!

« Reply #13978 on: June 25, 2022, 01:57:48 pm »
Because to be in the list is a compliment and indicates that you are among the posters that get your posts are usually ignorant and dishonest and unnecessarily vitriolic.
Yeah, first thing that jumps to people's minds when they think of posters like gogators!, MayorHaggar, SPQR and Adel- calm, reasoned, mild-mannered, non-opinionated.

Lol. Instead of the Aristocrats joke, it's Marti's Aristocrat card.

Seriously, though, there is a real difference in personality and such in Mr. C. vs. some of the other people I mentioned. I think most posters on here can see that.

But believe it or not, I actually take care to listen to each person's opinion each post at a time and try to avoid prejudgment (hence why you'll see me from time to time agree with posters). I also try to avoid taking a debate over one issue with a poster into a different issue. The two big arguments me and Mr. C have had have been around politics (IMO opinion Trump completely did a number on him) and there was one with classroom management. Maybe a few others, but mostly it's revolved around politics. On the other hand, some posters seem to see my name on a post and just leap in

Case in point here- What the f*ck does any of this have to do with Augustiner? Why does he feel the need to get involved? Is anything I said about Mr. C untrue? Does he think Mr. C can't respond for himself?

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13979 on: June 25, 2022, 02:13:14 pm »
Yeah, first thing that jumps to people's minds when they think of posters like gogators!, MayorHaggar, SPQR and Adel- calm, reasoned, mild-mannered, non-opinionated.
Lol. Instead of the Aristocrats joke, it's Marti's Aristocrat card.

Seriously, though, there is a real difference in personality and such in Mr. C. vs. some of the other people I mentioned. I think most posters on here can see that.

Marti' I sure most posters here will acknowledge that your idea of reasoning is piling one fallacy upon another. A lot of us just ignore you most of the time due to an energy deficit in challenging Brandolini's law. Other than that you do provide a degree of unintentional comic relief.