Read 2178345 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #12740 on: November 26, 2020, 10:54:34 am »
Just got my heart shot down, but I knew that it was coming.  Being gay in Korea is so so hard (as it is everywhere), but at this moment!  Holy!  I will never again be someone's secret, as I have been for the past three relationships!  I do wish I could smoke a j here legally! 

no matter what....never be a secret....gay, straight, bi, never let yourself be with someone that wants to hide you.....you can't be yourself that way and will always be made to feel like you arent worthy enough
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 10:56:32 am by nightninja »

« Reply #12741 on: November 26, 2020, 10:55:07 am »
Sometimes I wonder if I should take up vaping again

Please donít  :sad:

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #12742 on: November 26, 2020, 04:46:41 pm »
no matter what....never be a secret....gay, straight, bi, never let yourself be with someone that wants to hide you.....you can't be yourself that way and will always be made to feel like you arent worthy enough

^ This.

« Reply #12743 on: November 26, 2020, 09:01:35 pm »
At this point, I'm considering wearing a t-shirt to the gym that says "Wear your damn mask properly, you asshole!" (in Korean).

It's a popular gym and for every person you ask to wear their mask properly, 3 more will walk in wearing it around their chin. Last thing I want to do is to walk around like some kind of cop and ruin my session by telling everyone to cover their stupid grin. I try not to bother when there aren't many people in the gym, but when it's busy (in the evenings), it's incredibly irritating to see people leaving their noses and mouths exposed. This is a gym where the windows are closed and everyone's breathing heavily.

I spoke to the owner and he told his staff to tell people to wear their masks properly, but he's rarely there and the 20 something staff seem to not give a crap/are too chicken to tell people to wear their masks properly. I'm pissed because my membership is paid for the next few months and I really do need to lift heavy for a while. so i can't just leave.

Why are people so stupid/selfish/irresponsible?

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #12744 on: November 27, 2020, 11:24:54 pm »

Absolutely! I will never do this again~ I just put up with it because I know Korean women do this with Korean men...BUT being a woman I was introduced as the "best friend" and met 2/3 of the families and grew attached. We also could show great affection with each other and not raise any suspicion.  We went on family vacays together, slept in the same bed......etc... 

I was broken up with last week because she said she could NEVER do THAT to her family....(they are quite wealthy and she didn't want her parents to suffer the ridicule of their friends).... I get it..but I always hoped that she would be stronger.   She told me that she will marry one of the sons of her parents' friends soon (apparently she started dating with him for two months) and hoped I would attend their wedding next year in April.  Her parents and sister love me so much and want me to attend.
No regret.  Just done, and a punch to the gut.  We have been together for about a year......

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #12745 on: November 28, 2020, 09:03:47 am »

Why are people so stupid/selfish/irresponsible?
i probably mutter under my breathe "what the **** are you doing...." about 8 times a day. not just in korea, just generally. but yeah, i'd like to know what truly goes on in these people's peabrains

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12746 on: November 28, 2020, 12:41:28 pm »
korean parents are so mental.

i do a skype group class every week. last week, one kid forgot to turn her mic off and asked her mum in korean "what is cucumber in english?". this has happened once in........8 classes.

well, the other parents heard her say this and are now really annoyed about it.

apparently it's a big deal and they want her out the class now. they're apparently annoyed at me for not telling her to speak english, even though she was talking to her mum. ughhh.

this shit is exactly why i couldn't deal with opening my own study room or whatever. christ
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:47:50 pm by oglop »

« Reply #12747 on: November 28, 2020, 03:52:48 pm »

i do a skype group class every week. last week, one kid forgot to turn her mic off and asked her mum in korean "what is cucumber in english?". this has happened once in........8 classes.

apparently it's a big deal and they want her out the class now. they're apparently annoyed at me for not telling her to speak english, even though she was talking to her mum. ughhh.

this shit is exactly why i couldn't deal with opening my own study room or whatever. christ

I'm more surprised that only one student spoke Korean once during the entire class.

« Reply #12748 on: November 28, 2020, 05:11:32 pm »

Friend and his wife run a hagwon. Dealing with parents is their biggest headache.

What's happening there is that one "alpha mom" has become the de facto leader of all the other moms, think Hilly Holbrook in 'The Help'. The alpha mom will then persuade the other moms to gang up and complain about any parent or student she doesn't like... and they do it.

Dealing with adults who act like pubescent 6th graders is one thing I'd never be able to tolerate.

It's mental that these adults pay you to teach their kid then go on to lecture you on how to do your job as if they have the first clue. Just teach your kid yourself if you think you can do better.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12749 on: November 28, 2020, 05:26:50 pm »

It's mental that these adults pay you to teach their kid then go on to lecture you on how to do your job as if they have the first clue. Just teach your kid yourself if you think you can do better.
i agree with all your points but this is what galled me the most. i was trying to explain this to my wife (who was dealing with the mums) and she just goes back to the point of "yes but this is korea", like that's some kind of answer or normal explanation

i actually really like the kids and the class pays insanely well, so i want to keep it going. that's why i usually give my wife 25% of the money i get from the class because i feel bad she has to deal with the BS from the parents (they are also her old students, so they all know each other, and that's kind of how i got the job)

but jesus christ

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #12750 on: November 30, 2020, 05:28:43 am »
i agree with all your points but this is what galled me the most. i was trying to explain this to my wife (who was dealing with the mums) and she just goes back to the point of "yes but this is korea", like that's some kind of answer or normal explanation

i actually really like the kids and the class pays insanely well, so i want to keep it going. that's why i usually give my wife 25% of the money i get from the class because i feel bad she has to deal with the BS from the parents (they are also her old students, so they all know each other, and that's kind of how i got the job)

but jesus christ

Actually he has nothing to do with it.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #12751 on: November 30, 2020, 07:38:22 am »
Actually he has nothing to do with it.
Did you quote him and italicise  it and bold it simply to tell him Jesus didn't cause the mother to be like that?

Jesus Christ............. .......
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #12752 on: November 30, 2020, 07:44:43 am »
Did you quote him and italicise  it and bold it simply to tell him Jesus didn't cause the mother to be like that?

Jesus died for our sins and yet oglop shows no respect and blames him for these mothers' petty complaints

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #12753 on: November 30, 2020, 07:53:06 am »
Jesus died for our sins and yet oglop shows no respect and blames him for these mothers' petty complaints

+1

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #12754 on: November 30, 2020, 07:56:35 am »

I think you are intelligent enough to know my true meaning. In case you missed it, I was objecting to using Jesus' name like this. It is unnecessary and disrespectful to those who follow the Christian faith.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #12755 on: November 30, 2020, 07:57:24 am »

I think you are intelligent enough to know my true meaning. In case you missed it, I was objecting to using Jesus' name like this. It is unnecessary and disrespectful to those who follow the Christian faith.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #12756 on: November 30, 2020, 07:59:14 am »

That's if JC was even real. :O

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #12757 on: November 30, 2020, 08:00:59 am »
Well, I find it disrespectful that you believe in something that says I'll be burned for eternity for not believing the stories that you believe in.

I think most of us can agree on who is being more respectful here. You know, the guy who doesn't think you'll be tortured for all eternity?

Just my thoughts on the matter. Jesus Christ.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #12758 on: November 30, 2020, 08:07:24 am »
Well, I find it disrespectful that you believe in something that says I'll be burned for eternity for not believing the stories that you believe in.

I think most of us can agree on who is being more respectful here. You know, the guy who doesn't think you'll be tortured for all eternity?

Just my thoughts on the matter. Jesus Christ.

You know I don't happen to believe in the Islamic faith or Buddha etc, but I have enough respect for them not to use their God's name in a way that offends them.  It is called respect.

You have a right to believe what you want, but just be a little more respectful to those who have different beliefs. By the way your definition of God is so way off.  Anyway, I don't want to get into a flame war, I am just asking for a little respect. Not so hard actually.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #12759 on: November 30, 2020, 08:09:43 am »
I could not care less, actually. I'll keep using Jesus as a pejorative, so............. you can deal with that or you can whine about it every time someone says it. Balls in your court.