Read 1485407 times

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #10300 on: September 06, 2019, 02:17:47 pm »
if i hear one more ****** kid shout "i hate japan" today i'm going to ****** snap

It's incredibly annoying... and disturbing to think that this little piss-ant who can barely point to 3 countries on a map already has such an intense political opinion. The students were finding/creating the most obscure references to Japan in my PPTs, their brains just can't shut it out.

Either way, I had to tell them to STFU and that unless it's in the context of education, politics and Religion are not t be discussed in class. It's been pretty smooth sailing since I told them that.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10301 on: September 06, 2019, 03:01:21 pm »
if i hear one more ****** kid shout "i hate japan" today i'm going to ****** snap

are you teaching elementary? i've read a lot on here recently about students talking about japan but none of my students have said anything
Yeah. Even did a bycket list lesson yesterday. The most common one, among all classes? "I want to kill Abe" or "I want to bomb Japan" . Absolutely ****** nuts. They're grade 4...

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10302 on: September 07, 2019, 08:09:09 pm »
In the video, a young Korean man and a Japanese woman ― a couple who run the One's Film YouTube channel ― walk viewers through how they were barred recently from their trip to Ulleung Island

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2019/09/356_275138.html

The video ended with the Korean boyfriend saying he did not want his girlfriend to face discrimination in Korea.

The couple's video, however, did not receive much sympathy from viewers. The comments section for the video was flooded with posts attacking the couple for not accepting the ban.

« Reply #10303 on: September 09, 2019, 11:20:49 am »
I don't know why all of the messed up shit happens during times when I'm busiest and grumpiest.

Why can't it ever happen when I've got nothing better to do and had plenty of sleep the night before?

**** you, universe. But at least you didn't ruin my sandwich.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #10304 on: September 09, 2019, 11:35:09 am »
I don't know why all of the messed up shit happens during times when I'm busiest and grumpiest.

Why can't it ever happen when I've got nothing better to do and had plenty of sleep the night before?

**** you, universe. But at least you didn't ruin my sandwich.

But the universe, did in fact, also ruin her sandwich.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10305 on: September 09, 2019, 11:41:33 am »
In the video, a young Korean man and a Japanese woman ― a couple who run the One's Film YouTube channel ― walk viewers through how they were barred recently from their trip to Ulleung Island

The video ended with the Korean boyfriend saying he did not want his girlfriend to face discrimination in Korea.

The couple's video, however, did not receive much sympathy from viewers. The comments section for the video was flooded with posts attacking the couple for not accepting the ban.

korean netizens are insane

« Reply #10306 on: September 09, 2019, 11:41:46 am »
The first season of Stranger Things was a great little standalone story.

The second season was also good, but nowhere near as enjoyable as the first.

The third season - ugh. I wanted to like it, I really did, but it was... not good. It had none of the tension or spookiness that the first two seasons had.

« Reply #10307 on: September 09, 2019, 12:38:12 pm »

That's because they have the impenetrable shield of patriotism behind them and if you call them a turnip they'll sue you for hurting their feelings. Easy game really isn't it?
Who is here in 2019?

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #10308 on: September 09, 2019, 02:57:35 pm »

That's because they have the impenetrable shield of patriotism behind them and if you call them a turnip they'll sue you for hurting their feelings. Easy game really isn't it?

It'd only be easy to sue you if you are in Korea though. :p If you do it from your home country, they won't be able to :P

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10309 on: September 12, 2019, 04:30:45 pm »

are you teaching elementary? i've read a lot on here recently about students talking about japan but none of my students have said anything
Me too neither.

One of my colleagues has a daughter in univerrsity in Japan, and the other teachers seem more jealous than anything.

A large proportion of Koreans are in fact boycotting Japan. Look at this:

"As a trade spat between the two countries drags on, travel between them is dropping -- and so are flight prices."

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/japan-korea-flights-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10310 on: September 13, 2019, 09:36:27 am »
any other people here married to koreans who don't really like chuseok?

listening to everyone trying to break the sound barrier just by chewing, being forced to sit around all day watching god-awful korean tv, getting moaned at for not having a baby yet, getting told by my wife to speak more with the in-laws despite them speaking korean like machine guns about topics i don't know anything about

ughhhhh

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10311 on: September 13, 2019, 03:55:32 pm »
Pasta in general is just kind of gross. Unless it's like, really really good pasta.

How about this ASMR pasta?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiIC7zvSfAc

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10312 on: September 13, 2019, 05:24:18 pm »

listening to everyone trying to break the sound barrier just by chewing, being forced to sit around all day watching god-awful korean tv, getting moaned at for not having a baby yet, getting told by my wife to speak more with the in-laws despite them speaking korean like machine guns about topics i don't know anything about

ughhhhh
I donít think anybody likes it, regardless of marital status or nationality.

Maybe foreigners who enjoy a day quiet day alone without crowds or interruptions.

• stoat
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #10313 on: September 13, 2019, 06:44:13 pm »

ughhhhh

Pros - no cooking to do, three heavy meals a day, grandmother on hand to look after kid, parents in law have a nicer flat
Cons - mealtime manners,  chewy Kalbi, constant Korean TV

Pros have it just.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10314 on: September 13, 2019, 07:33:59 pm »
i'd put "3 heavy meals" as a con. i always get complained at for not eating enough. haha. and yeah, galbi is always chewy and rough (and the sauce is always overly-sweet). i wish slow-cooking was a thing here

• AWVM_HXE
  • Adventurer

• June 15, 2016, 06:07:37 pm
    • Asia-Pacific Region
« Reply #10315 on: September 13, 2019, 09:35:03 pm »

• stoat
  • Veteran

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #10316 on: September 14, 2019, 07:47:34 am »
"No cooking to do"? https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/all-set-to-tackle-every-married-womans-biggest-nightmare-in-south-korea

I believe someone's privilege is sticking way out...

My wife hasn't had to do any either, so I guess we both have 'guest privilege.'  Korean women complain far too much about holidays IMO. Having to do a bit of cooking and cleaning once or twice a year is hardly a 'nightmare.'  Not like having to give up two years of your life for military service is. What they're probably objecting to most is having to be bossed about by their mother in laws.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10317 on: September 14, 2019, 12:04:26 pm »
"No cooking to do"? https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/all-set-to-tackle-every-married-womans-biggest-nightmare-in-south-korea

I believe someone's privilege is sticking way out...

My wife hasn't had to do any either, so I guess we both have 'guest privilege.'  Korean women complain far too much about holidays IMO. Having to do a bit of cooking and cleaning once or twice a year is hardly a 'nightmare.'  Not like having to give up two years of your life for military service is. What they're probably objecting to most is having to be bossed about by their mother in laws.
Wives of eldest sons apparently have the worst time.

• Lazio
  • Veteran

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #10318 on: September 14, 2019, 03:01:39 pm »

ughhhhh

Just came back from a 2 night camping trip. My in-laws dont really care about the holidays. We never do the traditional rituals and whatnot. Also, my wife is an only child so when we go over, it's just us and them. In fact, the holidays are no different from any other time we visit them, maybe once a month on average. We arrive there around lunchtime, eat, talk etc. Sometimes we stay untill dinner and then come back home. Perhaps the meals are a bit more special during the holidays, with the chevy beef and such :)

• AWVM_HXE
  • Adventurer

• June 15, 2016, 06:07:37 pm
    • Asia-Pacific Region
« Reply #10319 on: September 15, 2019, 04:57:27 am »
Nice dodge, stoat! I entirely believe you've never heard about post-holiday syndrome before.

waitwait look at me believing

I'm doing it so hard!!!!