Read 1443725 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #9800 on: April 25, 2019, 01:46:47 pm »
Someone keeps peeing in my building's stairwell, so it's really common for me to be walking into what smells like a rotten hamster cage these days. The owner comes in to clean the stairwell once a week, and we'll be good for maybe a day or two before the Mad Pisser strikes again.

It's been going on for around 2-3 months now, and the owner has put up signs about it, but there aren't any cameras in my building, so here we are. And with the weather warming up, the smell has only gotten stronger.

I personally think it's my fucktard neighbor, but I blame everything on him, and the answer isn't always 'C', right? Right!?

The culprit will likely be the same person who smokes in the stairwell. Why not just go to Diaso and buy a couple CCTV stickers and stick them around the patch your neighbor likes to piss.
Who is here in 2019?

« Reply #9801 on: April 25, 2019, 02:04:30 pm »
Someone keeps peeing in my building's stairwell, so it's really common for me to be walking into what smells like a rotten hamster cage these days. The owner comes in to clean the stairwell once a week, and we'll be good for maybe a day or two before the Mad Pisser strikes again.

It's been going on for around 2-3 months now, and the owner has put up signs about it, but there aren't any cameras in my building, so here we are. And with the weather warming up, the smell has only gotten stronger.

I personally think it's my fucktard neighbor, but I blame everything on him, and the answer isn't always 'C', right? Right!?

The culprit will likely be the same person who smokes in the stairwell. Why not just go to Diaso and buy a couple CCTV stickers and stick them around the patch your neighbor likes to piss.

They also sell fake CCTV cameras that are stick on, and they cost around 5,000 won. It may be worth it to get one, but it will look suspect if they aren't at the building entrance and in other places.

« Reply #9802 on: April 25, 2019, 02:05:48 pm »

That would be my neighbor, lol. But there's never any evidence, so the building's stuck with him. Also, he never pees in the same spot. Sometimes it's hard to figure out exactly where it's been done because the smell just drafts everywhere, and the color of the walls and floor kind of masks it.

The owner already has plaques bolted to walls saying there are CCTV cams, but everyone knows there aren't any.

« Reply #9803 on: April 25, 2019, 02:10:29 pm »

That would be my neighbor, lol. But there's never any evidence, so the building's stuck with him. Also, he never pees in the same spot. Sometimes it's hard to figure out exactly where it's been done because the smell just drafts everywhere, and the color of the walls and floor kind of masks it.

The owner already has plaques bolted to walls saying there are CCTV cams, but everyone knows there aren't any.

you can one of two things, first, maybe your neighbour thinks he's a cat marking his territory, so all you need to do it piss all over the place too, marking it out as your territory.

or second, buy a tiger, and housetrain it to just hang around your block.  can't be too hard. 

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #9804 on: April 25, 2019, 02:29:26 pm »
or second, buy a tiger, and housetrain it to just hang around your block.  can't be too hard. 

Piece of piss
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #9805 on: April 25, 2019, 02:38:17 pm »

Piece of piss

right, a chair, whip and a few bags of 고래밥 should do it. 

« Reply #9806 on: April 25, 2019, 02:48:29 pm »

Piece of piss

Classic
Who is here in 2019?

« Reply #9807 on: April 25, 2019, 03:32:16 pm »
you can one of two things, first, maybe your neighbour thinks he's a cat marking his territory, so all you need to do it piss all over the place too, marking it out as your territory.

You think maybe I should just start pissing on his door? Squirt a few drops onto his keypad, too, for good measure? Either he'll finally get the message and stop urinating in the stairwell, or he'll declare war and start pissing on EVERYONE'S doors. But then I'd feel bad if it weren't really him. 

Would probably work out anyway because I think the landlord would finally install cams.

« Reply #9808 on: April 26, 2019, 07:16:41 am »

You think maybe I should just start pissing on his door? Squirt a few drops onto his keypad, too, for good measure? Either he'll finally get the message and stop urinating in the stairwell, or he'll declare war and start pissing on EVERYONE'S doors. But then I'd feel bad if it weren't really him. 

or you and the tiger, who are now good mates and have a bit of camaraderie going, could do something a bit different.  in a well choreographed piece, you could wait outside for your neighbour, when you can see him, get your tiger to piss on the stairs at which point you give it a smack and wrestle with it a bit.  eventually, the tiger concedes. at that instant, as your neighbour passes, you look him deep in the eyes and say 'that's what happens when you piss on MY stairs'.  He'll scoot off, shit scared, probably pissing himself in the process.  job done. 

disclaimer-no animals were hurt in the making of this scenario

« Reply #9809 on: May 02, 2019, 10:36:35 am »
I'm feeling really unmotivated.  I know I shouldn't feel like this but I can't help it  :sad:...

For the past five years I've taught early morning English classes every day (in the classroom before 8am) for a special program where the students get the chance to live and work in Australia.  At the beginning there was some coteaching but over the years that slowly stopped to the point where I am now.  I do all the planning, teaching, preparing them for their interview, even summer and winter camps are usually taught solely by me.  My coteachers handle the paperwork.

If the students pass (100% success rate so far since I've been here) my coteacher also gets the chance to go to Australia for three months to help with the program.  So far three have gone to Australia.

I can't help feeling a little bit bitter about seeing them travel to Australia kind of off the back of my work.  I know I shouldn't feel like this but I can't help it and it's getting me down lol

« Reply #9810 on: May 02, 2019, 10:56:26 am »
I'm feeling really unmotivated.  I know I shouldn't feel like this but I can't help it  :sad:...

For the past five years I've taught early morning English classes every day (in the classroom before 8am) for a special program where the students get the chance to live and work in Australia.  At the beginning there was some coteaching but over the years that slowly stopped to the point where I am now.  I do all the planning, teaching, preparing them for their interview, even summer and winter camps are usually taught solely by me.  My coteachers handle the paperwork.

If the students pass (100% success rate so far since I've been here) my coteacher also gets the chance to go to Australia for three months to help with the program.  So far three have gone to Australia.

I can't help feeling a little bit bitter about seeing them travel to Australia kind of off the back of my work.  I know I shouldn't feel like this but I can't help it and it's getting me down lol

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I really hate seeing people get credited and rewarded for other people's hard work. It's a sore spot for me, too, and one of my biggest peeves about my job here because it's just so integrated into how the system works. I try not to think too much about it, but sometimes it's just so hard, especially when the person being rewarded isn't even making any effort to deserve at least some of that credit.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 11:15:32 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #9811 on: May 02, 2019, 11:07:37 am »
Who the #%$^ needs to have their alarm go off for a full hour in the morning and have vibrations on?!?!?!?! I can't hear a damn thing but my last hour of supposed sleep time was just laying there listening to the buzzing. Every while it would go off them back on again..... I just got over the flu (off Monday and Tuesday) and this was the last thing I needed.

Must have got a new neighbour because this never happened the last yr and 3 months. But it has happened on a few occasions in the past few weeks.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #9812 on: May 02, 2019, 11:43:04 am »
I just don't get the incessant need to be friends with the foreign teacher. If it looks like I'm busy, sleeping or just doing literally anything else, why force a conversation? Why do you need to know everything? Does it even look/sound like I want to be a part of the conversation when we start talking???

Especially today with a substitute who's only going to be here for like two days.

I get it. Culture of having to know all the details, but some days I would just like to have my conversations limited only to my students and CT in class time. Too tired for this *sigh*
The World Ends With You

« Reply #9813 on: May 02, 2019, 12:20:38 pm »
Who the #%$^ needs to have their alarm go off for a full hour in the morning and have vibrations on?!?!?!?! I can't hear a damn thing but my last hour of supposed sleep time was just laying there listening to the buzzing. Every while it would go off them back on again..... I just got over the flu (off Monday and Tuesday) and this was the last thing I needed.

Must have got a new neighbour because this never happened the last yr and 3 months. But it has happened on a few occasions in the past few weeks.

This sounds like me. I did arrive here 3 months ago. I don't have the sound on, but I do have my vibration on, and it does go off every 10 mins, and I keep putting it off and then waking up and putting it off.  But this only allows me to do it 3 times.
And I doubt the person below me can hear it, but it is annoying.  Sorry! Hope you feel better soon.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #9814 on: May 02, 2019, 12:56:38 pm »
Why do all the PA systems in every school I've taught at have to be cranked up to 11!
8:45AM, quietly listening to the birds outside and preparing for a free 1st period as the students are practicing for tomorrow's Sports day. An otherwise peaceful morning is interrupted by the obnoxious speaker "pffft! pffft! 아! 아! 아! 아! 아! 아! 아! 아! pffft! pffft! 아! 아! 아! 아! 아! 아! 아! 아!" blaring at insane volumes. Yes, it's important that every speaker in the school blares the VP screaming instructions to the students, on the field.

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #9815 on: May 02, 2019, 12:59:21 pm »
Latest K-MIL rant. She always annoys me on the discussion about food. Yesterday, I didn't want to eat the baby octopus in a restaurant and suddenly "He doesn't like seafood" she says to everyone at the table. I do love eating fish (Cod, Mackerel, Salmon) and can eat crab and lobster (though not part of my diet).

« Reply #9816 on: May 02, 2019, 01:38:06 pm »
Latest K-MIL rant. She always annoys me on the discussion about food. Yesterday, I didn't want to eat the baby octopus in a restaurant and suddenly "He doesn't like seafood" she says to everyone at the table. I do love eating fish (Cod, Mackerel, Salmon) and can eat crab and lobster (though not part of my diet).

Did you bother correcting the table and explaining that you do like most fish-type seafood, but just don't like octopus? Or did you just feel annoyed about it and keep it to yourself?

• debbiem89
  • Expert Waygook

• August 30, 2016, 09:42:49 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #9817 on: May 02, 2019, 02:35:24 pm »
I just don't get the incessant need to be friends with the foreign teacher. If it looks like I'm busy, sleeping or just doing literally anything else, why force a conversation? Why do you need to know everything? Does it even look/sound like I want to be a part of the conversation when we start talking???

Especially today with a substitute who's only going to be here for like two days.

I get it. Culture of having to know all the details, but some days I would just like to have my conversations limited only to my students and CT in class time. Too tired for this *sigh*

I mean I have the opposite problem in my latest school. I'm literally a ghost. NO ONE makes any effort to talk to me. If I make a conversation I get an answer but that's it. They aren't busy, they sit and INCESSANTLY chat to each other all day. They're all English teachers in my office but I get nothing. Usually on a Monday I will ask how their weekends were...one will say "Good, thanks" then turn to the other teacher and tell her all about her weekend in Korean LOL...like it was my question but sure.

I feel bad for my new main CoT he's not really aware that I have the plague and that no one includes me. One day he happily informs me that we're going to a restaurant for lunch, only to have one of the others rush out on her phone suddenly. He awkwardly tells me that she didn't make a reservation for me so quickly had to go do it.

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #9818 on: May 02, 2019, 03:03:19 pm »

Did you bother correcting the table and explaining that you do like most fish-type seafood, but just don't like octopus? Or did you just feel annoyed about it and keep it to yourself?

It was brought up in conversation before. They knew I don't care to eat any dish with baby octopus prior to going to this restaurant but a dish containing them was ordered anyway. I stated that I like a lot of fish food but of course, it goes on deaf ears.

« Reply #9819 on: May 02, 2019, 03:08:38 pm »
I get ignored, but not left out. Two of my coTs are very good about sitting with me so that I'm not sitting in total silence during dinners, though.

@Savant: Do you think your MIL is that dense (I say this because it's pretty dense to assume someone hates all seafood just because they state they don't like one thing) and forgetful, or do you think it's a case of passive-aggressive needling to try to get you to not be "picky" about your food? Or is it possible that she was just using it as an excuse for the rest of the table so that they don't bother you with your own food choices?