Read 1730047 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #9540 on: March 18, 2019, 08:51:44 am »
Woke up super late this morning, pretty sure I turned my alarm off in my sleep because I went to bed really late and set the phone too close to my bed.

Had no time for breakfast, had to brush my teeth at school, and I forgot my allergy meds today. I feel like shit.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Tampa, FL
« Reply #9541 on: March 18, 2019, 12:00:59 pm »
The VP decided it was alright for him to lock the bathroom door while he brushed his teeth...

Nevermind anyone else who might need to go in... Especially when it's the only bathroom with toiler paper
The World Ends With You

« Reply #9542 on: March 18, 2019, 12:03:42 pm »
The VP decided it was alright for him to lock the bathroom door while he brushed his teeth...

Nevermind anyone else who might need to go in... Especially when it's the only bathroom with toiler paper

go and brush your teeth while sat at his desk, wait for him to come back, but don't move, leave him waiting for a couple of minutes, see what he does.

« Reply #9543 on: March 18, 2019, 02:23:05 pm »
I'd like to take this opportunity to reiterate how much I hate 회식 (hweishik). Two staff dinners during graduation week, another one this past Thursday, and yet another scheduled for next week.

I can't wait to work for myself oneday (possibly gongbubang) so I can be rid of this awful tradition.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #9544 on: March 18, 2019, 02:43:51 pm »
I'd like to take this opportunity to reiterate how much I hate 회식 (hweishik). Two staff dinners during graduation week, another one this past Thursday, and yet another scheduled for next week.

I can't wait to work for myself oneday (possibly gongbubang) so I can be rid of this awful tradition.

I don't mind mine at my current school. The only thing I hate is sitting on the floor, cause my legs get super sore after a small time, and they get uncomfortable when I need to stand and stretch my legs until they feel better haha

« Reply #9545 on: March 18, 2019, 04:49:18 pm »

I don't mind mine at my current school. The only thing I hate is sitting on the floor, cause my legs get super sore after a small time, and they get uncomfortable when I need to stand and stretch my legs until they feel better haha

My school always, always have their 회식's at the same two restaurants.

Both of those restaurants have done away with the floor seating this year and replaced them with chairs. It was a happy surprise for me. The tables that go with floor seating are normally too low for me to sit comfortably for long periods of time.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #9546 on: March 18, 2019, 09:34:20 pm »

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Tampa, FL
« Reply #9547 on: March 19, 2019, 07:52:33 am »

Your school gets TWO restaurants???  :cry:
The World Ends With You

« Reply #9548 on: March 19, 2019, 08:22:55 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk7415TiytI

Whenever I get to school, I find the aircon set to 30 f*cking degrees, at this time of the year. The 4th floor afterschool area at my Monday school is a very large open plan multipurpose area, about 150m2 (maybe larger). This teacher is the only one in the room, using the computer and has the aircon blasting at 30. My CT on Wednesdays and Thursdays leaves the aircon going while she opens all the windows during lunchtime. 

My dry cleaner puts my clothes on these rubbish little plastic wire hangers, they use some card for the shoulder area. He's quite popular in the area and must go through at least 1000 of these hangers a day. Yesterday, I tried returning the hangers from the previous time I collected my clothes. They were neatly bundled and completely new. He refused to take them back, I didn't want any money or discounts, I just thought it a terrible waste throw away all those plastic hangers every time.

My apartment overlooks a small field, it's just a vacant lot owned by the university who apparently keeps it as a nature reserve. There're a few trees and bushes and a few birds nest there. It's been pretty much clean, that is until a few days ago, somebody decided to dump some styrofoam in the middle of the ONLY piece of open greenery in a 10km radius.

Now, the government, in all it's wisdom, believes installing air purifiers everywhere is going to solve the problem. Yeah, let's just jack up the already ludicrous energy demand on the coal plants.

I've finally got my exit plan in place. This selfish mentality of mindless waste isn't going to change anytime soon, people will still be choking away and bitching that it's all China's fault in 30yrs time.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #9549 on: March 19, 2019, 08:28:59 am »

Both of those restaurants have done away with the floor seating this year and replaced them with chairs. It was a happy surprise for me. The tables that go with floor seating are normally too low for me to sit comfortably for long periods of time.

My schools always choose a different restaurant each time, well, almost always. I think, in almost 2 years, we have only been to the same place twice.
But, no matter where we go, we always get the heated floor, sitting on the floor rooms / areas of the restaurant.
In 1 place, the principal got me an empty beer crate to sit on 1 time though, as he knew my legs would get sore really quick lol.

« Reply #9550 on: March 19, 2019, 08:37:31 am »
It annoys me that even though the desks in our office are ABSOLUTELY HUGE (honestly they couldn't be bigger), my coworker's stuff always ends up on mine.  It is ridiculous.

I think she's covertly trying to build Dwight's megadesk  ;D

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #9551 on: March 19, 2019, 08:40:57 am »
It annoys me that even though the desks in our office are ABSOLUTELY HUGE (honestly they couldn't be bigger), my coworker's stuff always ends up on mine.  It is ridiculous.

On the desk next to mine, there is a big jar of new pens, and it is a desk that isn't used by anyone.
Yet, people keep taking my only pen (which was a gift from someone, and is sorta fancy) and it ends up missing for days - weeks at a time. Last time someone returned it (while I wasn't at my desk) it showed up broken a bit >:(

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Tampa, FL
« Reply #9552 on: March 20, 2019, 07:53:14 am »

On the desk next to mine, there is a big jar of new pens, and it is a desk that isn't used by anyone.
Yet, people keep taking my only pen (which was a gift from someone, and is sorta fancy) and it ends up missing for days - weeks at a time. Last time someone returned it (while I wasn't at my desk) it showed up broken a bit >:(

I literally get my new desk at my new school, and it has a bunch of new staplers, scissors, highlighters, pens, you name it. "These are for you." they tell me.

Come back the next week to find half of it gone.  :laugh:

What can ya do?
The World Ends With You

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #9553 on: March 20, 2019, 09:32:37 am »
My rant...people who self-identify as liberals yet tear apart and insult anyone with a differing opinion usually with "phobe" or "racist" or "bigot" attached somewhere.

Generally speaking,Liberals are the most closed-minded people I have ever met . Especially these days. Most can be found blindly giving Obama a pass on everything including being a bit of a racist (he dumped his white girlfriend for Michelle cuz it played better to the public) while universally trashing Trump or his wife, or his kids, for anything from opinions to shoes.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #9554 on: March 20, 2019, 09:46:55 am »
Trump's shoes SUCK
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #9555 on: March 20, 2019, 10:27:02 am »
My rant...people who self-identify as liberals yet tear apart and insult anyone with a differing opinion usually with "phobe" or "racist" or "bigot" attached somewhere.

Generally speaking,Liberals are the most closed-minded people I have ever met . Especially these days. Most can be found blindly giving Obama a pass on everything including being a bit of a racist (he dumped his white girlfriend for Michelle cuz it played better to the public) while universally trashing Trump or his wife, or his kids, for anything from opinions to shoes.

What? They have been married since 1992 and started dating 3 years prior. He didn't even serve until 1996, that's quite the long game to get married for.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #9556 on: March 20, 2019, 10:30:46 am »

What? They have been married since 1992 and started dating 3 years prior. He didn't even serve until 1996, that's quite the long game to get married for.

The same news source that LIC is referring to also states that Mr. Obama is covertly homosexual, and only married his wife so that the Kenyan gay-police wouldn't imprison him.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #9557 on: March 20, 2019, 11:00:31 am »
Heard a rumor that Obama was sucking off or getting sucked off in the back of a limo. Think Chester Jim told me.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #9558 on: March 20, 2019, 11:31:21 am »

But, he was an activist in the Chicago black community before he served.  I've heard that he felt dating a white woman was not good for his image as a black activist a number of times and it makes sense.  No idea whether it's true or not.  And I'm absolutely not a Trump fan. 

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #9559 on: March 20, 2019, 02:05:28 pm »

But, he was an activist in the Chicago black community before he served.  I've heard that he felt dating a white woman was not good for his image as a black activist a number of times and it makes sense.  No idea whether it's true or not.  And I'm absolutely not a Trump fan.
"I've heard..." doesn't really cut it, though, does it?