Read 1934077 times

• sbk
  • Veteran

• March 22, 2016, 02:44:47 pm
    • seoul
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #9400 on: January 28, 2019, 02:42:06 pm »
Why do the newer subway trains (line 2) have no overhead bag rack anymore? There are also less solid surfaces to hang onto now. Maybe people dropped their bags on people sitting below.
that's what i said! there's also less seats than before. great way to solve the overcrowding issues, guys. install less seats and have nowhere to put your luggage

Also, the screens that show what staion you are at are hard to see when you are seated in a train full of people. They also show ads between stations which is a bit annoying. I just want to see quickly what staion is next. The older trains have the next station sign or tv on the roof in the middle of the isle not on the wall above every second door. Harder to get a clean line of sight.

« Reply #9401 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:11 am »
They also show ads between stations which is a bit annoying.
Those ads help keep our fares low. I say the more the merrier. Maybe put ads in a few more places. I mean, if it wasn't for those ads, they'd probably jack the fares up by 150 won and then the skinflints would come out and howl and moan about how they're suffering and rant about the elderly on the trains and how 150 won a ride is a crippling expense.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #9402 on: January 29, 2019, 09:45:30 am »
Those ads help keep our fares low. I say the more the merrier. Maybe put ads in a few more places. I mean, if it wasn't for those ads, they'd probably jack the fares up by 150 won and then the skinflints would come out and howl and moan about how they're suffering and rant about the elderly on the trains and how 150 won a ride is a crippling expense.
Understood, but they could keep the “next station” info up when they show them, though... as a PIP or subtitles. That’s info that people expect to have at-a-glance.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #9403 on: January 29, 2019, 11:47:01 am »
Those ads help keep our fares low. I say the more the merrier. Maybe put ads in a few more places. I mean, if it wasn't for those ads, they'd probably jack the fares up by 150 won
Hey, something on which we agree!
and then the skinflints would come out and howl and moan about how they're suffering and rant about the elderly on the trains and how 150 won a ride is a crippling expense.
Now you go and ruin it!  I just don't care about people moaning on waygook.org.  Why on earth do you?
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #9404 on: January 29, 2019, 02:21:57 pm »
Why do the newer subway trains (line 2) have no overhead bag rack anymore? There are also less solid surfaces to hang onto now. Maybe people dropped their bags on people sitting below.
that's what i said! there's also less seats than before. great way to solve the overcrowding issues, guys. install less seats and have nowhere to put your luggage

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #9405 on: January 29, 2019, 03:30:00 pm »
sorry, sir. fewer*. i was in rant mode

i will make fewer mistakes in the future and make less of a tit of myself

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #9406 on: January 29, 2019, 03:40:53 pm »
King Stannis of the House Baratheon, the First of His Name, The King in the Narrow Sea, Warrior of Light, The Lord's Chosen, Son of Fire, The Prince That Was Promised hereby grants you, Lord Oglopof house Waygook, a place in the King's Guard for your continued correct usage of English grammar.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #9407 on: January 29, 2019, 04:25:39 pm »
Lord Oglopof house Waygook
excuse me but there should actual be a space between oglop and of

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #9408 on: January 29, 2019, 09:48:11 pm »
King Stannis makes no mistakes.

He is king, the chosen one, and is therefore right by default.

For the night is dark, and full of grammar errors.  :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:02:43 pm by waygo0k »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #9409 on: January 30, 2019, 07:32:48 am »
Lord Oglopof house Waygook
excuse me but there should actual be a space between oglop and of
actually
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #9410 on: January 30, 2019, 03:27:20 pm »
I was looking at my bank account and noticed some extra $$ (won) sitting in it.  Okay, yay me!  But then I got curious as to what it was and from whom.  Apparently it was from my winter camp.  Again, yay, got paid.  But then I thought, "Why is it this amount, and why is it so little?!"  So I went and looked back at my two summer camps and noticed the same thing.  It was between 90,000 and 100,000 won.   :huh:  Seriously whaaaat?!  Put the car in park, Clark!  I only get paid 90,000 ~ 100,000 for doing a camp? 

Here's the gripe:

Yes, the pay is BS (not to mention I had to cover for the two-pump-chump that lives upstairs), and depending on each M/PoE the pay will differ, but what the f*ck happened to the 440,000 won I was given as a budget?  In total, my supplies only cost 120,000 won.  WTF happened to the other 320,000 won?  And also, if I was paid only 90,000 for this winter camp, that means hourly is 5,625 won?!  Someone f*king explain this to me.  If this is norm for camps, no wonder no one wants to do them.  OH!  and I noticed I was only paid for ONE of my summer camps. 

Before anyone says "It was in your monthly paycheck."  Nope!  My pay hasn't budged for the entire year I've been here.  Same amount on the same day. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #9411 on: January 30, 2019, 03:35:25 pm »
I think Korean teachers get paid 1m for doing camp (at least, at my old school they did). Yes, I know that they just sit in the office the entire time and go home early, and don't actually help with anything.

« Reply #9412 on: January 30, 2019, 03:42:59 pm »
I think Korean teachers get paid 1m for doing camp (at least, at my old school they did). Yes, I know that they just sit in the office the entire time and go home early, and don't actually help with anything.

The CoTs I had were pretty helpful minus the one 3rd grade CoT that just shuffled her feet and signed the entire time. But not 1m helpful!  I really want to bring this up to my main teacher, just to see what she has to say, but at the same time I don't.  It's more curiosity as to why I got paid so little and where TF did all the extra won go?   

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #9413 on: January 30, 2019, 05:58:49 pm »
And also, if I was paid only 90,000 for this winter camp, that means hourly is 5,625 won?!  Someone f*king explain this to me.  If this is norm for camps, no wonder no one wants to do them.

Maybe that money was from a tax readjustment? Or the part of the camp outside of standard school hours, for example Saturday?

Foreign teachers do the camps for free. Only Korean teachers are paid. It's a contractual difference.

« Reply #9414 on: January 31, 2019, 09:02:44 am »
And also, if I was paid only 90,000 for this winter camp, that means hourly is 5,625 won?!  Someone f*king explain this to me.  If this is norm for camps, no wonder no one wants to do them.

Maybe that money was from a tax readjustment? Or the part of the camp outside of standard school hours, for example Saturday?

Foreign teachers do the camps for free. Only Korean teachers are paid. It's a contractual difference.

He is totally correct. We do not get any extra (or maybe a tiny bit) for doing camp at our main school. We do get a small amount for doing it at another school. The camp part is in our contracts. They have made it so pretty much if we are not on the vacation time they can make us do anything.

Also, that other camp money probably went to buying snacks for the kids or buying the group lunch on the last day of camp. They usually try and spend all the money they get. None of it can be alloted to pay you though. Then teachers would just use least money as possible to pocket the money.

« Reply #9415 on: January 31, 2019, 09:53:22 am »
King Stannis of the House Baratheon, the First of His Name, The King in the Narrow Sea, Warrior of Light, The Lord's Chosen, Son of Fire, The Prince That Was Promised hereby grants you, Lord Oglopof house Waygook, a place in the King's Guard for your continued correct usage of English grammar.

Small rant: HBO got it wrong (and possibly GRRM, I don't know- the man's worldbuilding is terrific. His writing? Oy). Stannis had tons of Charisma, perhaps only exceeded by Tywin. He was meant not to have any, but he was a lot better than most of the other crowd.

Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Daenerys, and all the other crappy heroes we had shoved down our throats are a bunch of lame.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #9416 on: January 31, 2019, 11:07:30 am »

He is totally correct. We do not get any extra (or maybe a tiny bit) for doing camp at our main school. We do get a small amount for doing it at another school. The camp part is in our contracts. They have made it so pretty much if we are not on the vacation time they can make us do anything.

Also, that other camp money probably went to buying snacks for the kids or buying the group lunch on the last day of camp. They usually try and spend all the money they get. None of it can be alloted to pay you though. Then teachers would just use least money as possible to pocket the money.
I was basically told the principal pocketed the cash himself. I received no budget, but was told I was supposed to. One time I did receive a budget, but most of it was spent by the Korean teacher on snacks, 90% of which she took home, thinking I didn't know  :rolleyes:

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #9417 on: January 31, 2019, 11:11:23 am »

Small rant: HBO got it wrong (and possibly GRRM, I don't know- the man's worldbuilding is terrific. His writing? Oy). Stannis had tons of Charisma, perhaps only exceeded by Tywin. He was meant not to have any, but he was a lot better than most of the other crowd.

Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Daenerys, and all the other crappy heroes we had shoved down our throats are a bunch of lame.

I disagree. I thought Stannis had all the charisma of a toaster oven. He was a really interesting character, but not especially charismatic. I think that both the characters you mentioned were deeply flawed, and in my opinion, it's those flaws that make them interesting and sympathetic. GRRM is great at writing characters that aren't overly black or white: morality in 50 shades of gray.  :wink:

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #9419 on: February 10, 2019, 09:03:44 pm »
Putting an hour and a half worth of vids on here is pretty bold. God, I put 7 min videos I made in the Blog section and no one cares. hahahaha Good luck.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?