Read 1441403 times

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #9340 on: December 21, 2018, 12:55:28 pm »
Anyone else finding waygook to be acting real shitty the last few days?
The joys of fauxtherhood

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #9341 on: December 21, 2018, 02:07:28 pm »

If you mean server issues and failure to load properly: Yes.

If you mean lack of interesting threads or saucy drama: Also yes.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #9342 on: December 21, 2018, 03:07:23 pm »

If you mean server issues and failure to load properly: Yes.

If you mean lack of interesting threads or saucy drama: Also yes.

Those work together, I can't post shit if it's always down.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #9343 on: January 02, 2019, 01:16:53 pm »
Ok, I seriously don't get why the admins need a reason for EVERY single day you choose to take a vacation day.

Maybe I have a trip. Maybe I just don't feel like coming in that day. They act like you're taking one of those suspicious "sick" days. Why give me grief over time I'm SUPPOSED to have off?

A guy can't take time off to play KH3 in peace :rolleyes:
The World Ends With You

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #9344 on: January 02, 2019, 01:58:52 pm »
It's because you're not supposed to leave the country without permission. They're just checking where you'll be.

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #9345 on: January 02, 2019, 02:09:22 pm »
It's because you're not supposed to leave the country without permission. They're just checking where you'll be.

I get that, but if I ask for TWO days off that are in the middle of the week, there's no way I'm leaving the country unless I'm some sort of madman.
The World Ends With You

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #9346 on: January 02, 2019, 02:11:06 pm »
I think they do need to know where you're going to be during your vacation, but I'm not sure it's because you "need permission" to leave the country. I don't think they can tell you "no, you can't go abroad during your vacation." I'd be pretty surprised if they had that sort of authority.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #9347 on: January 02, 2019, 02:15:34 pm »
I think they do need to know where you're going to be during your vacation, but I'm not sure it's because you "need permission" to leave the country. I don't think they can tell you "no, you can't go abroad during your vacation." I'd be pretty surprised if they had that sort of authority.
i once had a korean co-worker who was planning to go to south america for travels during her break. she told me she had to report this to the principal, and he refused to let her go there. i have no idea if this was the whole story, and it still confuses me now, but she was ballin her eyes out as she said she had to spend her vacation at home instead

« Reply #9348 on: January 02, 2019, 03:52:45 pm »
Has anyone else been getting that George Clooney Nescafe ad on YouTube? It comes up almost every time. It's the one where he is a knight and slays the dreaded dragon. Man that ad is so bad and cheesy that it's almost good. If cheesy and memorable was their purpose then they really achieved it. I really should get the no ads version of YouTube.

I always get the ad of some Korean man and his baby. D:
I get either that or Beckham at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.

So who is the Tyler guy I'm seeing on my screen and in the subway station? Is he our own beloved tylerthegloob? Is he actually a really good teacher? Is he some mascot whipped up by a hagwon? Is he some tv reality guy who got famous? Is he the next Sam Ham and someone we should all be wishing stinging insects and sunburn on? What's his deal?

« Reply #9349 on: January 02, 2019, 05:58:33 pm »
Has anyone else been getting that George Clooney Nescafe ad on YouTube? It comes up almost every time. It's the one where he is a knight and slays the dreaded dragon. Man that ad is so bad and cheesy that it's almost good. If cheesy and memorable was their purpose then they really achieved it. I really should get the no ads version of YouTube.

So who is the Tyler guy I'm seeing on my screen and in the subway station? Is he our own beloved tylerthegloob? Is he actually a really good teacher? Is he some mascot whipped up by a hagwon? Is he some tv reality guy who got famous? Is he the next Sam Ham and someone we should all be wishing stinging insects and sunburn on? What's his deal?

**** that guy

edit: lel. no he isn't me, but i've had a few koreans say i must be really smart because the (one) tyler they know is super smart. coincidentally i AM super smart  :wink:  :wink: from what i know he got super famous here a few (or many) years ago thanks to TV. iirc he worked for the govt (either state department or korean embassy before coming here and getting famous). i see his youtube ads so i guess he teaches english, too?

but, we are natural enemies, right? same name, i'm an e2 foreigner and he's a tv foreigner. he's fluent and i'm ...not fluent. shit, he's better than me (but i have HAIRRRR)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:05:09 pm by tylerthegloob »

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #9350 on: January 02, 2019, 10:17:17 pm »

He was on Abnormal Summit (the show with all the foreigners talking as a panel about a variety of topics).

The guy's Korean is off the charts, he speaks it better than a lot of Koreans do, I'm not even kidding.
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #9351 on: January 03, 2019, 06:57:56 am »

**** that guy

edit: lel. no he isn't me, but i've had a few koreans say i must be really smart because the (one) tyler they know is super smart. coincidentally i AM super smart  :wink:  :wink: from what i know he got super famous here a few (or many) years ago thanks to TV. iirc he worked for the govt (either state department or korean embassy before coming here and getting famous). i see his youtube ads so i guess he teaches english, too?

but, we are natural enemies, right? same name, i'm an e2 foreigner and he's a tv foreigner. he's fluent and i'm ...not fluent. shit, he's better than me (but i have HAIRRRR)

Stinging insects and sunburn it is.

« Reply #9352 on: January 07, 2019, 01:59:47 pm »
So sitting here desk warming when Admin comes in with some forms I need to fill out (Repot of Deduction)  Okay easy... NOT!  I have ZERO idea what it is that I'm supposed to do with this.  Name (easy) ARN (easy) the rest... NO EFF'ING IDEA!  I've never asked for a paystub but know what I make because it's in my account every month.  Are they paying taxes?  Yes, it reflects in my account.  I have nothing to claim, other than income, but stupid me, thought that the school or the PoE would take care of this for me.  I don't even know how to get this information for my pay.  If some one gives me the NIES (or whatever the site name) don't.  I've tried since day one to access that site and it's going on a year and I still can't log in. 

My main Teacher isn't here, of course... so no help there.  I wish they would have given me this paper work to do while my teachers were around, so in case I needed help....   :rolleyes: 

Oh! and he needs me to return it to him today... FML

« Reply #9353 on: January 07, 2019, 02:19:07 pm »
Maybe they are getting you to sign a paper that says it is okay for them to get the information for you. If it is taxes, you will have to sign in using your bank special certificate. Then you just print out the pages with all the info. Weird they would be doing it already. Usually the end of Feb.

« Reply #9354 on: January 07, 2019, 02:25:58 pm »
Maybe they are getting you to sign a paper that says it is okay for them to get the information for you. If it is taxes, you will have to sign in using your bank special certificate. Then you just print out the pages with all the info. Weird they would be doing it already. Usually the end of Feb.

Yea.. I was thinking "wait a sec. it's Jan."  either way, it's a claim form and I have nothing to claim minus taxes.  I was told they would take care of the rest (income, taxes etc)  so yay, I think.  :huh: 

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #9355 on: January 07, 2019, 02:35:51 pm »
But, you'll want to have the form printed out for the taxes.  In Korea all the times you used your bank card for shopping is totalled up as is any medical costs and will help reduce your tax bill.  Don't be surprised when you owe more money.  The form you get through the digital certificate helps defray that cost.  I only had to pay an extra 40 something last year.  That was lower than quite a few others I know.  You want that paper unless you've never gone to a doctor or use cash exclusively. 

« Reply #9356 on: January 07, 2019, 02:53:45 pm »
But, you'll want to have the form printed out for the taxes.  In Korea all the times you used your bank card for shopping is totalled up as is any medical costs and will help reduce your tax bill.  Don't be surprised when you owe more money.  The form you get through the digital certificate helps defray that cost.  I only had to pay an extra 40 something last year.  That was lower than quite a few others I know.  You want that paper unless you've never gone to a doctor or use cash exclusively.

From what I was reading on the form, unless I spent over a certain amount on my debit (bank card) there is nothing for me to claim.  Only time I really used my card was for groceries and it wasn't all that much.  I also used my bank card to pay for the prescriptions I was given when I had flu, which was a whopping 9,000 won.  I paid cash at the clinic.  98% of the time I used cash. (gas for the car, entertainment, lots and lots of coffee...) So unless the PoE hasn't been paying my taxes correctly, I don't see how I would owe anything.  And if I do, then I'll pay it. 

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
« Reply #9357 on: January 07, 2019, 03:00:09 pm »
It has nothing to do with someone not paying your taxes correctly, although that would obviously be a problem.  Over the last several years they do a final assessment and your average teacher will owe.  It's not uncommon for the bill to run into the hundreds of thousands, even if you paid properly each and every month.  Doesn't cost anything to do the digital certificate but if don't think it will affect anything I suppose you don't have to go to the minimal bother of getting it. 

« Reply #9358 on: January 07, 2019, 03:05:50 pm »
It has nothing to do with someone not paying your taxes correctly, although that would obviously be a problem.  Over the last several years they do a final assessment and your average teacher will owe.  It's not uncommon for the bill to run into the hundreds of thousands, even if you paid properly each and every month.  Doesn't cost anything to do the digital certificate but if don't think it will affect anything I suppose you don't have to go to the minimal bother of getting it.

Side question to this: If you are an American and filled the 8802 form to not pay double taxes, does this apply to you? Since I'm technically paying "American taxes" will I need to submit this information? I've been to the doctor a few times and always use my card when purchasing.

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
« Reply #9359 on: January 07, 2019, 03:21:31 pm »
I'm not American so I won't add to any confusion on that count.  I would assume it wouldn't apply to you in that instance but wait for some fellow Americans to weigh in.