A holiday must be around the corner...

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8781 on: September 20, 2018, 08:06:42 am »
cowboy -
  i agree 1000000% with what zola said about you. but you're the one that's fed up with other people's posts? the same guy that does this kinda sht:
  1) "Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic" - this is such a weird & pathetic way to title a thread. i get what you're trying to do - bump it a few times a month so it shows up and everyone sees it and remembers how RAndom & quirky you are. it's the corniest sht i've ever seen in my entire life.
    1a) do you really refer to what 99% of what most adults do as "LiFEhACks"? it's soooo cool...it's like you're speaking internet!
  2) do you seriously use "based" in conversations with other human adults? HOW OLD ARE YOU?
  and a footnote for anybody that gives a sht...the term "based" got popular because of a rapper named LIL B. people referred to him as "The Based God". it was just a nonsense nickname. it was KINDA cool and funny like 5 years ago. if you have free time....listen to ANY of his songs or ANY of his videos and check him out (spoiler - he's weird and random. cowboy tries to act and talk like him and it's CORNY)
  3) when you go out to lunch or dinner with your gf, friends, or colleagues, do you sreeeeeeeeeeeeeeech like you do on here when somebody orders a dessert or something sweet? your gf has to find that HILARIOUS i bet.

But serious, with dozens of posters of waygook that do nothing but sh!tpost, you have to single out Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt to vent at for ruining the vibe? Weird.

« Reply #8782 on: September 20, 2018, 08:08:30 am »
I've just watched 20 seconds (had to turn it off) of a lil b song called based kimchi or something and It explains a lot of why waygook.org moderator user #basedcowboyshirt is the way he is.

Who is here in 2019?

« Reply #8783 on: September 20, 2018, 08:22:45 am »
The incredibly annoying 6-1 teacher wanted to reschedule a class, this time for a good reason, and this time with advance notice.

I told her "목요일, 1st period" to avoid any confusion with days, since she's scatterbrained enough to mix stuff up in her head, and I thought she might get her days confused in English. I get to her class today and she apparently expected me yesterday, when I went to my travel school. She said 목요일 means Wednesday. My head is about to explode at how none of this makes any sense whatsoever.

« Reply #8784 on: September 20, 2018, 08:25:24 am »
The incredibly annoying 6-1 teacher wanted to reschedule a class, this time for a good reason, and this time with advance notice.

I told her "목요일, 1st period" to avoid any confusion with days, since she's scatterbrained enough to mix stuff up in her head, and I thought she might get her days confused in English. I get to her class today and she apparently expected me yesterday, when I went to my travel school. She said 목요일 means Wednesday. My head is about to explode at how none of this makes any sense whatsoever.

At least you get Mondays off.
Who is here in 2019?

« Reply #8785 on: September 20, 2018, 08:30:38 am »
I've just watched 20 seconds (had to turn it off) of a lil b song called based kimchi or something and It explains a lot of why waygook.org moderator user #basedcowboyshirt is the way he is.

:laugh:

3) when you go out to lunch or dinner with your gf, friends, or colleagues, do you sreeeeeeeeeeeeeeech like you do on here when somebody orders a dessert or something sweet? your gf has to find that HILARIOUS i bet.

You mean "significant other".  He'll never ever use the word "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" for some reason.  I don't know if he's ashamed of being straight or gay.  Another one of his whacky (annoying) affectations I suppose.

« Reply #8786 on: September 20, 2018, 08:42:36 am »

:laugh:

You mean "significant other".  He'll never ever use the word "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" for some reason.  I don't know if he's ashamed of being straight or gay.  Another one of his whacky (annoying) affectations I suppose.

It'd be funny if his "significant other" was a rabbit or something.

« Reply #8787 on: September 20, 2018, 10:06:37 am »
Have you ever been out with a bunch of foreigners not necessarily mates and you're all having a bit of banter and then you end up with a couple or trio of saffers who just switch to Afrikans and have a conversation among themselves while you stand there like a wet lettuce?

I never had the urge to switch a conversation to French or Korean when I meet a Canadian or English/Korean speaking person when everyone in the room is speaking English.

Why do they/you do it?

I have tons of friends and my reaction is...well I don't have a reaction because I grew up in a very multicultural city and am used to being around people who don't speak English and will speak a different language.

Might as well complain about a bunch of Americans being together and suddenly talking about College Football.

« Reply #8788 on: September 20, 2018, 10:10:58 am »
For those of you ripping on basedcowboy, you guys sound like a bunch of high schoolers.

« Reply #8789 on: September 20, 2018, 10:21:44 am »
Have you ever been out with a bunch of foreigners not necessarily mates and you're all having a bit of banter and then you end up with a couple or trio of saffers who just switch to Afrikans and have a conversation among themselves while you stand there like a wet lettuce?

I never had the urge to switch a conversation to French or Korean when I meet a Canadian or English/Korean speaking person when everyone in the room is speaking English.

Why do they/you do it?

I have tons of friends and my reaction is...well I don't have a reaction because I grew up in a very multicultural city and am used to being around people who don't speak English and will speak a different language.

Might as well complain about a bunch of Americans being together and suddenly talking about College Football.

They're all English teachers Tino. Have you not got your reading glasses on today?

You normally put up a better defence than that but you've embarrassed yourself here.
Who is here in 2019?

« Reply #8790 on: September 20, 2018, 10:46:02 am »

They're all English teachers Tino. Have you not got your reading glasses on today?

You normally put up a better defence than that but you've embarrassed yourself here.
Yeah, and my friends back home all spoke English as well.

I don't know why your friends speaking a different language makes you uncomfortable and insecure.

« Reply #8791 on: September 20, 2018, 10:55:22 am »
As far as the negativity, I just don't get why people go to different places and then complain that people aren't the same as back home. Like seriously, why did you travel?

Fact is, a lot of people just aren't cut out for leaving their own culture.

« Reply #8792 on: September 20, 2018, 11:01:20 am »

Yeah, and my friends back home all spoke English as well.

I don't know why your friends speaking a different language makes you uncomfortable and insecure.

It makes me neither of those things I just think it's incredibly rude and ignorant.

When you can't defend you deflect. Shāh māt.

Who is here in 2019?

« Reply #8793 on: September 20, 2018, 11:04:02 am »
I don't think there's anything that makes me as instantly angry than when someone pushes past and their bag or something pulls on my headphone cable. That feeling when your entire head suddenly gets yanked down is so irritating.

Lifehack 29: Wear headphones with cables tucked under your clothes to avoid someone's bag catching the cable and yanking your head.
Who is here in 2019?

« Reply #8794 on: September 20, 2018, 11:30:13 am »
I don't think there's anything that makes me as instantly angry than when someone pushes past and their bag or something pulls on my headphone cable. That feeling when your entire head suddenly gets yanked down is so irritating.

word!

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #8795 on: September 20, 2018, 11:51:07 am »

cowboy -

i agree 1000000% with what zola said about you. but you're the one that's fed up with other people's posts? the same guy that does this kinda sht:

1) "Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic" - this is such a weird & pathetic way to title a thread. i get what you're trying to do - bump it a few times a month so it shows up and everyone sees it and remembers how RAndom & quirky you are. it's the corniest sht i've ever seen in my entire life.

1a) do you really refer to what 99% of what most adults do as "LiFEhACks"? it's soooo cool...it's like you're speaking internet!

2) do you seriously use "based" in conversations with other human adults? HOW OLD ARE YOU?

and a footnote for anybody that gives a sht...the term "based" got popular because of a rapper named LIL B. people referred to him as "The Based God". it was just a nonsense nickname. it was KINDA cool and funny like 5 years ago. if you have free time....listen to ANY of his songs or ANY of his videos and check him out (spoiler - he's weird and random. cowboy tries to act and talk like him and it's CORNY)

not based. who writes a 3 point essay (NUMBERED) about why someone else annoys them on the internet? cowboy is one of the lesser annoying posters. it's people who throw shitfits about silly things like using the word based that annoy me more.

I'd rather have someone roleplaying as Lil B than someone who derails every thread with a pointless argument. Admittedly though, the amount of Korean threads has definitely gone up lately
The World Ends With You

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #8796 on: September 20, 2018, 12:00:56 pm »
I'm so sick of the miserable people on here who constantly just make topics like "Korea is ______" or "Koreans d _____ don't you hate it?"

It's just unending negativity. And most of it is stupid stuff that might be worth making an offhand mention of, but certainly not a topic that sticks around for a few days.

Like, venting is fine. It's necessary. But when it becomes this habitual, pathological need to have a giant negativity circlejerk all the time, there's something wrong.

Let's look at what you're saying:

I'm so sick of the miserable people on here who constantly just make topics like "Korea is ______" or "Koreans d _____ don't you hate it?"

We're approaching the final lap of a long year, people are tired and frustrated. Waygook.org is no longer a place to share lessons or one of the few places to ask for help, local FB groups, Google and logic are there too.
This site has become a place for foreigners to relieve stress through writing.
The real question is, why do you take this site so seriously? It's just a past-time.

Your mistake is to assume the people who make these types of threads are miserable. Living in a foreign country with a different culture is a rewarding, but frustrating experience. To me, Waygook.org is a tool, nothing more. It's something I use when I'm feeling bored frustrated, as getting my frustrations out into words is quite therapeutic. When I'm happy, I usually don't post, I enjoy my happiness in the real world. More often than not, this site will see me when I'm at my worst. That doesn't mean I'm miserable.

It's just unending negativity. And most of it is stupid stuff that might be worth making an offhand mention of, but certainly not a topic that sticks around for a few days.

So what? If you're looking for something positive and with my substance go read a book or watch Teletubbies. When people go to a Mcdonalds they don't complain about the absence of a wine list.

Like, venting is fine. It's necessary. But when it becomes this habitual, pathological need to have a giant negativity circlejerk all the time, there's something wrong.

I agree, but again, you've forgotten why people use this site. Do people usually go to a psychologist when they're happy? No, they go when they're miserable and need to get things off their chest so they can be happier and more productive outside the office.

Don't take this site so seriously.

• apancoe
  • Veteran

• March 02, 2011, 08:44:40 am
    • south korea
« Reply #8797 on: September 20, 2018, 12:07:36 pm »
For those of you ripping on basedcowboy, you guys sound like a bunch of high schoolers.

demartino -

i think i know why you have 5254 posts and a majority of them are like this...reprimanding the youngsters, explaining things to lib-rules, and talking down to almost everybody.

it's because you think you're better than us because you've been here longer or you're older or whatever. but you aren't though. we're all here teaching English which means you're the same as us and that probably killllllllllls you on some weird ego/pride level. so you take every chance you get (evidenced by your FIVE THOUSAND POSTS) to try and put these little millennials in their place.  blow. me.

we're both teaching Engilsh in Korea so miss me with all your old man bullsht like we should automatically respect or listen to anything you say.
too many blueprints & not enough architects

• apancoe
  • Veteran

• March 02, 2011, 08:44:40 am
    • south korea
« Reply #8798 on: September 20, 2018, 01:10:35 pm »

Let's look at what you're saying:

Your mistake is to assume the people who make these types of threads are miserable. Living in a foreign country with a different culture is a rewarding, but frustrating experience. To me, Waygook.org is a tool, nothing more. It's something I use when I'm feeling bored frustrated, as getting my frustrations out into words is quite therapeutic. When I'm happy, I usually don't post, I enjoy my happiness in the real world. More often than not, this site will see me when I'm at my worst. That doesn't mean I'm miserable.

Oh. I'm sorry. I wasn't using 'miserable' in the sense of someone being unhappy. I was using it in the sense of describing something small, meager or inadequate.

what?? so you're saying you didn't mean miserable or unhappy but rather:

I'm so sick of the small people on here who constantly just make topics like "Korea is ______" or "Koreans d _____ don't you hate it?

I'm so sick of the meager people on here who constantly just make topics like "Korea is ______" or "Koreans d _____ don't you hate it?

I'm so sick of the inadequate people on here who constantly just make topics like "Korea is ______" or "Koreans d _____ don't you hate it?

cowboy - why are you the way that you are?

aristocrat made a pretty decent point so you automatically go into survival mode and trip allllll over yourself back pedaling and word vomiting instead of being like...ahh cheers man, i didn't look at like that.

JESUS
too many blueprints & not enough architects

« Reply #8799 on: September 20, 2018, 02:57:09 pm »
we're both teaching Engilsh in Korea so miss me with all your old man bullsht like we should automatically respect or listen to anything you say.
How many posters here had an "I hate Koreans" phase BEFORE they even came to Korea?

I'm just trying to point out things that if you accept them, can make living here easier. If you rant about this and that and get frustrated, it DOES help to think about similar phenomenon back home and realize that part of this is just how people are and life goes on.

Does the ranting and the raving and the hating make your life any better? Has it helped you? Judging by how miserable a lot of the haters come across as, it hasn't. And science backs this up- venting just breeds more anger and frustration.

And yes, I do teach. I also have another career, and it's a career, not a job. So yes, I did get out of the teaching game in part, but I won't pretend I'm doing as well as some of the posters on here. Hats off to them. Check my posts- I always love it when people go out and get paid and make their dough.