Read 2621593 times

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Gimhae, South Korea
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8020 on: May 25, 2018, 07:53:30 am »
Not sure if I didn't enjoy Solo last night because it wasn't that good, or because the Koreans behind me were talking and chewing with their mouths open  :undecided:
The World Ends With You

« Reply #8021 on: May 25, 2018, 08:03:28 am »
You'll have to see it again to find out :afro:

• Bingsu
  • Veteran

• March 08, 2017, 12:32:17 am
    • United States
« Reply #8022 on: May 25, 2018, 08:10:47 am »
I feel horrible and I want to play with the kittens but stella will not let me

this is a travesty

i demand justice and small kittens

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• October 14, 2016, 10:29:17 am
    • Korea
« Reply #8023 on: May 25, 2018, 08:23:21 am »
In all my years I have never had a semester that seemed as long as this one does. It feels like the last 3 months have taken a year to pass....

Also I am a cat person - congrats Bingsu on being a kitten Grandma
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

« Reply #8024 on: May 25, 2018, 08:55:57 am »
Being made to wear cheap, uncomfortable, industrial-smelling t-shirts for English camp.

They're pointless and a waste of resources. And yet some places still insist on them because **** you, that's why.

« Reply #8025 on: May 25, 2018, 11:38:50 am »
Being made to wear cheap, uncomfortable, industrial-smelling t-shirts for English camp.

They're pointless and a waste of resources. And yet some places still insist on them because **** you, that's why.

Same.... and being the big, western guy who can't wear Korean sizes.... it always turns out interesting.  :rolleyes:

« Reply #8026 on: May 25, 2018, 01:00:09 pm »

Same.... and being the big, western guy who can't wear Korean sizes.... it always turns out interesting.  :rolleyes:

Knew a guy who was well over 6 feet tall, had a large build... and the biggest size they could get him was 110. xD He got exempt from wearing the stupid shirt.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #8027 on: May 25, 2018, 01:08:50 pm »

Knew a guy who was well over 6 feet tall, had a large build... and the biggest size they could get him was 110. xD He got exempt from wearing the stupid shirt.

Excellent reason to bulk up!

« Reply #8028 on: May 25, 2018, 01:18:14 pm »

Excellent reason to bulk up!

#lifegoals

« Reply #8029 on: May 25, 2018, 01:22:10 pm »

Just refuse. What are they really going to do about it?

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Gimhae, South Korea
« Reply #8030 on: May 25, 2018, 01:24:08 pm »
*Two females students (who are notorious at this school) become so disruptive that the class next door takes notice as well*

:-* Coteacher: I don't know why they're like this.
 :lipsrsealed: Me: There's no proper punishment.
 :-* Coteacher: I just don't understand.

:rolleyes:
The World Ends With You

« Reply #8031 on: May 25, 2018, 01:25:59 pm »

Outright refusal can lead to drama, so I don't refuse this kind of stuff.

But I do just "forget" where I put the shirt after day 1.

« Reply #8032 on: May 25, 2018, 03:09:38 pm »

Outright refusal can lead to drama, so I don't refuse this kind of stuff.

But I do just "forget" where I put the shirt after day 1.

Don't overestimate the wrath of your co-workers.

6yrs of blank refusals to name tags, t-shirts and other degrading BS and I'm still here.
Blank refusal seems to leave people confused and mildly dumbstruck. By the time they're about to protest, I've usually walked away and they seem reluctant to pursue the issue... it's actually kind of amusing.

« Reply #8033 on: May 28, 2018, 08:18:41 am »
So last year my school had a major problem with students smoking on campus, which they've effectively tackled this year, and the number of incidences have dropped dramatically.

Coincidentally, the kids are now all chewing gum. And they're spitting it out ****** everywhere. It's like trying to walk through a minefield, now.

« Reply #8034 on: May 28, 2018, 08:28:25 am »
So last year my school had a major problem with students smoking on campus, which they've effectively tackled this year, and the number of incidences have dropped dramatically.

Coincidentally, the kids are now all chewing gum. And they're spitting it out ****** everywhere. It's like trying to walk through a minefield, now.

Coincidence...?

« Reply #8035 on: May 28, 2018, 08:31:33 am »
6yrs of blank refusals to name tags, t-shirts and other degrading BS and I'm still here.
Blank refusal seems to leave people confused and mildly dumbstruck. By the time they're about to protest, I've usually walked away and they seem reluctant to pursue the issue... it's actually kind of amusing.

nametags prevent mass killings

• Bingsu
  • Veteran

• United States
« Reply #8036 on: May 28, 2018, 08:48:34 am »
We have name tags and mine says I'm a scholarship student so my younger kids don't call me "teacher" anymore. It's always a super mocking tone when they say "장학생" so I just stopped wearing my tag altogether. Nobody said anything to me about it so I guess refusal does work lol

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Gimhae, South Korea
« Reply #8037 on: May 28, 2018, 08:51:38 am »
I was given a name tag a few weeks ago (after being the only one to not receive one from the beginning of the semester). I wore it for one day, forgot about it and haven't worn it since. Nobody has said anything to me about it either.
The World Ends With You

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #8038 on: May 28, 2018, 10:47:19 am »
Switching between a Windows and Mac, using the same monitor and (Apple) keyboard means I get {Ctrl} and {Command} right less that 50% of the time.

I need to get the printer drivers set up on my work laptop!

• Bingsu
  • Veteran

• United States
« Reply #8039 on: May 28, 2018, 12:32:03 pm »
I really don't know how much more of this I can take. Took  Friday off for bed rest, came back today feeling a little bit better knowing that I had to come prep my materials and clean my classroom for my open class tomorrow, and as I'm cleaning two boys just frisbee the bathroom sign into my room and throw a bloody tissue in my room too. They actually broke the sign off of the wall to hurl it into my classroom. Went to go see what happened and just see them taking off down the hall. There's no CCTV and I have no clue who they were.

I really have no idea what I did to deserve being disrespected constantly by these kids. If I knew what I did and I knew I deserved it I could handle it but I can't think of anything I've done to anybody.