Read 3337428 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #6240 on: July 28, 2017, 12:48:39 pm »
Anyone get a G-Chock battery replaced without the warranty card? I could do it myself, but it takes a pretty specific battery, and I haven't found one. I don't want to just take it to the normal jewelry watch guy, and was told by the G-Shock store that I shouldn't as they have had quite a few cases where they don't do it correctly. They also said that they could change it if I had the warranty card (bought in America, so need the actual card). If not, does anyone know of a battery shop or something of the sort? This also needs to fit in this thread, so... &#^@* *&$&#^. Why can't they just put a battery in it in exchange for money? Wasted my time going to the damn place! Also, once with a really cheap watch I went to a small local spot to change the battery, and I swear they put in a used one, because it died like 2 months later...

« Reply #6241 on: July 28, 2017, 01:00:14 pm »
You are a miserable old git. There is a small part of me that feels sorry for you at times, because I think you may be a bit of a Billy no-mates. The feeling passes rather quickly.

It's the ranting and venting thread. Don't take me too seriously on this. I fully realize how utterly ridiculous it is.

I just say someone mention smores on another thread and I decided to go off on them. Literally barf inducing food that comes from the same part of the mind that gave us Snickers pie and throws bacon, chicken breast, cheese, and ranch dressing on a salad.

[quote author=Chinguetti link=topic=99098.msg719971#msg719971 date=1501217216
My personal menu: Fish, campfire biscuits with honey butter (don't want the honey butter, don't use it), whatever veggies or FRESH fruit that are handy. S'mores are for dessert.

If you don't want the added sugar, don't eat it, but I've done just fine eating the occasional s'more and I've kept myself fit and healthy without any issues. Never eating sweets =/= healthiest person present.

Dried fruits and nuts are for snacking. I'm not going to pretend I'm in a game of survivor and include it as part of an actual meal.
[/quote]

You're right on the fresh fruit. Honestly I have no idea why I said dried. It's camping, not survivor. That being said, I'd much rather have fresh fruit and nuts as a dessert than Smores, Snickers Pie, or hard icing cavities on a plate cake.

And s'mores are way better than hershey's syrup mixed with canned whipped cream.

Two graham crackers do not make a pile of preserved sugar better.

Then again, I'm not in the norm. I usually don't even put syrup on my pancakes.

« Reply #6242 on: July 28, 2017, 01:12:57 pm »
You're right on the fresh fruit. Honestly I have no idea why I said dried. It's camping, not survivor. That being said, I'd much rather have fresh fruit and nuts as a dessert than Smores, Snickers Pie, or hard icing cavities on a plate cake.

Would you eat a s'mores cake, as long as it didn't have icing on it?

And that reminds me, I need to buy some fresh tangerines for a cake I'm going to make for the principal of my school, lol. No icing on that one, just some lightly-sweetened garnish.

And s'mores are way better than hershey's syrup mixed with canned whipped cream.

Two graham crackers do not make a pile of preserved sugar better.

Then again, I'm not in the norm. I usually don't even put syrup on my pancakes.

I have a friend who doesn't eat any sugar unless it's in very small moderation, too, because she honestly doesn't like it. She's kind of a fussy eater in general, though, there's a lot she won't eat, doesn't matter how healthy or unhealthy it is, lol.

But a life without access sugar isn't a bad one. It's true that a lot of people really do need to cut back on it.

Do you put anything on your pancakes, or do you just eat them plain? What about compote?

I made pancakes once and forgot I didn't have any syrup. I just used them to wrap up my eggs and bacon and ate it all like a breakfast burrito. Was good.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:19:57 pm by Chinguetti »

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #6243 on: July 28, 2017, 01:17:05 pm »
When I was a kid, I met a girl who didn't like chocolate.  To each their own, but...

Flummoxed, I tell you. 

« Reply #6244 on: July 28, 2017, 01:46:29 pm »
When I was a kid, I met a girl who didn't like chocolate.  To each their own, but...

Flummoxed, I tell you.

Same.

I also knew a person who liked to put ketchup on his twinkies.

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #6245 on: July 28, 2017, 02:00:41 pm »

Flummoxed, I tell you.

Same.

Wtf, that's not a potato

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #6246 on: July 28, 2017, 02:02:24 pm »

I hope you called the police.

« Reply #6247 on: July 28, 2017, 02:11:07 pm »

Could you, would you,
with a goat?

Would you, could you,
on a boat?

I missed waygook.org user kyndo. He's better at this kind of stuff...  :sad:

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #6248 on: July 28, 2017, 02:12:51 pm »

Could you, would you,
with a goat?

Would you, could you,
on a boat?

I missed waygook.org user kyndo. He's better at this kind of stuff...  :sad:

No I would not,
in a moat. 

Are you gonna
be a gloat?

Did something happen to kyndo?  Or is he just on vacay

« Reply #6249 on: July 28, 2017, 02:17:34 pm »
Did something happen to kyndo?  Or is he just on vacay

I'm sure he'll show up randomly one day and give us a Kyndo Surprise

« Reply #6250 on: July 28, 2017, 02:22:40 pm »

A graham cracker bottom, predominantly chocolate cake (not too sweet), with sparing use of marshmallow would be tolerable.

Really, I'd like something no sweeter than a Misura plumcake or something along those lines. Even that is sort of pushing it sometimes.

Tangerine cake actually sounds lovely. If it was just cake with tangerines in it and a negligible amount of icing.

Do you put anything on your pancakes, or do you just eat them plain? What about compote?

I like them plain. No butter even. If people throw fruit in them they're okay I guess. Same with waffles and donuts.

I don't always abhor sweets. I can't get over Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, and Ginger Ale, but I also have trouble drinking even a 12 oz. can these days. I don't mind fruit either. It's also sweets, not sugars, as I can inhale pasta with the best of them. I think its something I picked up from my parents. They never added sugar to their tea or coffee and seldom drank sodas. As a child I always liked sweet iced tea, now I can't stomach the stuff except once in a great while.

One annoying thing about it is that I'll order bottled water at fast food places, and if they don't have that, Coke Zero, and people look at me like I'm ridiculous for getting that at a fast food place. I'm not trying to be healthy, I just don't like the sugar.  :sad:

« Reply #6251 on: July 28, 2017, 02:23:42 pm »

That... That's no potato! :shocked:

« Reply #6252 on: July 28, 2017, 03:05:02 pm »
It was soap, you guys. Not soup. Thanks for being there during this trying time.

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• October 14, 2016, 10:29:17 am
    • Korea
« Reply #6253 on: July 28, 2017, 03:09:49 pm »
It was soap, you guys. Not soup. Thanks for being there during this trying time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :laugh: :cry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I am so relieved.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

« Reply #6254 on: July 28, 2017, 03:19:05 pm »

Kinda sad now... but I will use that "soup" on my gf and see how it goes just for fun.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

« Reply #6255 on: July 28, 2017, 03:28:54 pm »

i think I just saved your relationship~ :azn:

« Reply #6256 on: July 28, 2017, 03:34:28 pm »

i think I just saved your relationship~ :azn:

Probably. But I for sure feel better knowing I don't smell like soup.

« Reply #6257 on: July 28, 2017, 04:18:12 pm »
:laugh:

I shit you not, he was the police. xD Officer of 7 years, at the time.

Apparently, he'd done it on a dare back in his grade school days and never stopped doing it because I guess he liked it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:21:01 pm by Chinguetti »

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #6258 on: July 28, 2017, 06:10:11 pm »

Flummoxed, I tell you.

Yeah, I've known a few people who don't like chocolate (I actually dislike white chocolate, personally -- but milk chocolate and dark chocolate are great). I've also known someone who didn't like ice cream (she said she didn't like the taste and that it made her sick if she ate it), and another person who didn't like sugar/sweet foods. I've also known someone who didn't like almost every food there is. Oh, and I've also known a few Koreans who don't like kimchi, haha. 

« Reply #6259 on: July 28, 2017, 07:55:52 pm »
got served a brocolli, tomato, orange, banana, chicken and green leaf salad, with a sesame dressing at a restaurant yesterday  :huh:

I had a ham and cheese sandwich from the joriwon the other day, which would have been fine had they not stuck some canned strawberries between the lettuce and bread. Jam and spam street toast I can dig; there was just something off about this taste. Didn't stop me from downing it all, tho!

And on my birthday I went to a new Italian restaurant that opened up near my home recently. We ordered a blueberry salad off the menu thinking it looked novel enough to try. It came out and they had obviously used frozen blueberries; They were still frozen upon serving. :rolleyes: