Read 3170301 times

• gprinziv
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2017, 10:47:15 am
    • Sangju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #5020 on: April 24, 2017, 07:54:34 am »
First and 6th periods switched, AGAIN.

This time, they waited all 30 minutes I was in the room with them after the staff meeting to tell me after the bell for class to start ****** RINGS. I'm already stressed out enough as it is and completely on edge and now I just want to burn everything to the goddamn ground, ugh.

All my other new arrivals say this is the best decision they've ever made, **** it. This is the worst one I've made. I'm miserable.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #5021 on: April 24, 2017, 08:25:22 am »

This time, they waited all 30 minutes I was in the room with them after the staff meeting to tell me after the bell for class to start ****** RINGS. I'm already stressed out enough as it is and completely on edge and now I just want to burn everything to the goddamn ground, ugh.

All my other new arrivals say this is the best decision they've ever made, **** it. This is the worst one I've made. I'm miserable.
Sorry to hear that things aren't going well. It can be pretty overwhelming at first!

Short notice schedule changes are pretty frequent at my schools too. I find that having all the lessons planned out the week before more or less kills the stress those changes cause. Sudden schedule change? Meh, no problemo: everything's already prepared so all I need to do is wander over to a different classroom.
   Some teachers prepare their lessons a month in advance, but I feel that that's going a weeee bit overboard...

• Pecan
  • The Legend

• December 27, 2010, 09:14:44 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #5022 on: April 24, 2017, 08:50:56 am »

I sympathize that you don't like sudden changes, but what about making sure your materials for Monday are ready on Friday before you finish work? Every teacher I know, including myself, makes sure that Monday's stuff is prepped and ready to go before leaving for the weekend, so that if there's some sort of sudden schedule change, there's no drama or stress about it.
That would make too much sense ;)

• gprinziv
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2017, 10:47:15 am
    • Sangju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea
« Reply #5023 on: April 24, 2017, 09:34:01 am »

Sorry to hear that things aren't going well. It can be pretty overwhelming at first!

Short notice schedule changes are pretty frequent at my schools too. I find that having all the lessons planned out the week before more or less kills the stress those changes cause. Sudden schedule change? Meh, no problemo: everything's already prepared so all I need to do is wander over to a different classroom.
   Some teachers prepare their lessons a month in advance, but I feel that that's going a weeee bit overboard...

Oh, I plan my lessons in advance for every class, including these ones where I teach straight out of the book, but that still doesn't mean I'm OK with being told I'm teaching a class AFTER that class starts.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #5024 on: April 24, 2017, 09:39:26 am »
I'm doing the classic Kevin thing where I fall in love with someone even though I shouldn't.

But she's the most beautiful woman I've ever met and it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, right?

---------------------------------------------------------
ALSO

Uggghhhhhhh, you know those nightmares that are physical too? And they're not too weird, so they feel real?
So I wake up in bed, and there's this super loud rock music playing directly outside my window. This window doesn't go to the outside world, it goes into the hallway that's behind my apartment. It's like the rock music from Mad Max: Fury Road.
Anyway my window is pitch black, which makes no sense because the hallway is always lit, 24/7. A Korean voice appears, it's loud, and it's ranting, not screaming, but it just gets louder and louder and I try to see out the window but it's just blackness.
Tightness grips my chest, like there's a teenage track athlete sitting right on my heart.
I wake up (for real this time), in the same place, in the same darkness, with that window above my head, but the light is on, just like it should be. But the tightness remains, even if only for a few seconds. That physical fear, that pain, came over, into the real world. I will never know why, but it's the scariest ****** thing ever.,

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #5025 on: April 24, 2017, 09:42:57 am »
I'm doing the classic Kevin thing where I fall in love with someone even though I shouldn't.

But she's the most beautiful woman I've ever met and it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, right?

Bruh, just the one date, right?  Chill, man.   :laugh:  You remind me of my friend who starts imagining potential marriage and a future after just barely getting to know a gal.  He's such a romantic. 

Also, Mad Max: Fury Road is a baller film.  I need to watch that again.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #5026 on: April 24, 2017, 10:16:02 am »
It's my last week here, and final day at my main school. I decide to have a little farewell 'party' with the students, all my co-teachers say its a great idea, and a nice fun way to end my time here.
Get to the class I just had. The co-teacher, who doesn't speak much English, gets a call on her cellphone, tells the students they have to be silent while she's on the phone, and tells me: "You no make noise." She then decides to take a 20 minute phone call, in the middle of the classroom. At the end, she steps outside the classroom to say thank you to the caller, then goodbye and hangs up. >.<

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #5027 on: April 24, 2017, 10:24:29 am »

Bruh, just the one date, right?  Chill, man.   :laugh:  You remind me of my friend who starts imagining potential marriage and a future after just barely getting to know a gal.  He's such a romantic. 

Nah, not marriage. Just insane lust coupled with a cold bedroom. Simply stunning though.
Just sucks having a warm person next to you for three years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stlKHh_f0-0

Ah, shit. I wrote Kevin, hahahaha NO! Just CO2. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:28:31 am by CO2 »

• Lurch
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2011, 08:31:17 am
    • Chungju
« Reply #5028 on: April 24, 2017, 01:17:09 pm »
The soap they use in our staff room sink where I often wash my hands is like a bar of hard plastic. I scrub and scrub and there's no lather. I mean, I guess it'll last a long time, but is it actually doing anything?

• Pennypie
  • Expert Waygook

• July 26, 2014, 08:16:47 pm
    • Koreaaa
« Reply #5029 on: April 24, 2017, 02:27:32 pm »
For the first time I've had one of those classes that I see other people talking about. I feel bad for judging some of those teachers or assuming it wasn't as bad as they said it was. It is as bad.

3rd graders, after school. Some were on their phones, talking when I was talking, ripping up my paper.

I may have been partially to blame because I was a bit messy today.

However this is the first time, even though I have experience teaching alone, that i've felt a total lack of respect from some of them.

:sad:

• HaLo3
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 02, 2014, 08:19:08 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #5030 on: April 24, 2017, 03:14:25 pm »

I read a book last month about a kid who did that, fall in love with every girl who looked at him. It didn't end well.

@Pennypie- What level grade 3? High school, or just really bad elem. third? :shocked: I teach at a high school and while most of them are great, some of them are just... horrendous.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #5031 on: April 24, 2017, 03:24:00 pm »
I read a book last month about a kid who did that, fall in love with every girl who looked at him. It didn't end well.

Things rarely do for me. Being a hopeless romantic/eternal optimist sounds good on paper, hahaha. I'm trying to stay calm about everything, she's just so goddamn hot and cool.

« Reply #5032 on: April 24, 2017, 03:26:38 pm »

Nah, not marriage. Just insane lust coupled with a cold bedroom. Simply stunning though.
Just sucks having a warm person next to you for three years.

Ah, shit. I wrote Kevin, hahahaha NO! Just CO2.

I am glad you are meeting the dimepieces.  If one of them has a friend holler at your boy.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #5033 on: April 24, 2017, 03:32:41 pm »
Awww. Waygook.org user CO2 is such a QT.

I love how you refer to all of us as "waygook.org user X"

Like............... the Borg. hahahahaha

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #5034 on: April 24, 2017, 03:37:21 pm »
Awww. Waygook.org user CO2 is such a QT.

I love how you refer to all of us as "waygook.org user X"

Like............... the Borg. hahahahaha

We are the waygook. 

Or like a drug.  We are all waygook... users...  :P

• HaLo3
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 02, 2014, 08:19:08 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #5035 on: April 25, 2017, 08:59:01 am »

Things rarely do for me. Being a hopeless romantic/eternal optimist sounds good on paper, hahaha. I'm trying to stay calm about everything, she's just so goddamn hot and cool.
Well, just don't travel to the Dominican for her (or I suppose Indonesia in this case?) and you won't end up like the book character. Good luck though!

« Reply #5036 on: April 25, 2017, 12:15:07 pm »

• JNM
  • Waygook Lord

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #5037 on: April 25, 2017, 03:36:47 pm »

• denimdaze
  • Expert Waygook

• December 30, 2010, 04:46:58 pm
    • USA
« Reply #5038 on: April 26, 2017, 08:33:20 am »
I seldom need my email at school, but the one day I do is the day it won't load!
 >:(

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• Korealand
« Reply #5039 on: April 26, 2017, 08:57:19 am »
At one of my schools I can't enlarge Youtube videos to full screen on the computer.  And for some reason I'm not even able to download chrome.  CoT at that school is slightly technologically challenged so she's no help (everything is in Korean).

Also at the school where I have to go from classroom to classroom, I vaguely judge the teachers by whether his/her computer has chrome or not.  Hahahah