Read 3537438 times

• VanIslander
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #14420 on: January 12, 2023, 09:03:26 am »
Mr. C (and Toiling Ajumma a.k.a. KG) purposefully ignores the meaning of the comma, misreading the sentence in a Beavis&Butthead way: https://youtu.be/SL1sLcV4vr4
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:06:31 am by VanIslander »
Help others, especially animals. Say what you think, being considerate of others. Appreciate more than deprecate. Teach well and jump on teachable moments. Enjoy Korea as it is, without changing it. Yet, at times, change your life for the better. "The most important [thing] is to have a good day."

« Reply #14421 on: January 12, 2023, 09:05:56 am »
Mr. C (and Toiling Ajumma a.k.a. KG) purposefully ignores the meaning of the comma, misreading the sentence in a Beevis & Butr way

I think you need to be more careful with your writing. Your sentences are easily misconstrued. I'm sure there is a poster on here who once wrote for a newspaper, perhaps, you can get some tips from them. Good luck, Van!

• VanIslander
  • Fanatical Supporter!

more
« Reply #14422 on: January 12, 2023, 09:10:05 am »
I think you need to be more careful with your writing. Your sentences are easily misconstrued. I'm sure there is a poster on here who once wrote for a newspaper, perhaps, you can get some tips from them. Good luck, Van!

"Yeah, like, i mean, it's not like our job is about teaching the English language?"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:12:17 am by VanIslander »
Help others, especially animals. Say what you think, being considerate of others. Appreciate more than deprecate. Teach well and jump on teachable moments. Enjoy Korea as it is, without changing it. Yet, at times, change your life for the better. "The most important [thing] is to have a good day."

• VanIslander
  • Fanatical Supporter!

more
« Reply #14423 on: January 12, 2023, 09:33:18 am »
Mods will discuss the use of other languages on this forum.

« Reply #14424 on: January 13, 2023, 07:51:33 am »
Raining quite hard this morning. Of course, I'm a real man and don't need an umbrella. Every man I passed had a look of weakness and submission in their eyes. And the women were giving me the eyes. A few even unlinked arms with their boyfriends after seeing a real alpha man walking in the rain. However, now that I'm at my desk I'm shivering a little from being wet and cold. The price of being a real man.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #14425 on: January 13, 2023, 07:59:30 am »
Mr. C (and Toiling Ajumma a.k.a. KG) purposefully ignores the meaning of the comma, misreading the sentence in a Beavis&Butthead way: https://youtu.be/SL1sLcV4vr4

Your sentence was ungrammatical.  I pointed that out to humerous effect.  That is all.

• VanIslander
  • Fanatical Supporter!

more
« Reply #14426 on: January 13, 2023, 08:21:08 am »
Your sentence was ungrammatical.  I pointed that out to humerous effect.  That is all.
Humorous?

As a professional English language teacher you should know full well: that sentence had an ellipsis. Online communication follows the rules of conversation more than book publishing.

Factory workers punch clocks, and 7-Eleven workers [do likewise].

Applying the charity principle of interpretation - and moving with the serious part of one's thinking - results in a clear reading of its meaning.

Yanking chains is your lot?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 08:24:10 am by VanIslander »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #14427 on: January 13, 2023, 08:50:18 am »
Humorous?

As a professional English language teacher you should know full well: that sentence had an ellipsis. Online communication follows the rules of conversation more than book publishing.

Factory workers punch clocks, and 7-Eleven workers [do likewise].

Applying the charity principle of interpretation - and moving with the serious part of one's thinking - results in a clear reading of its meaning.

Yanking chains is your lot?

Dude, your sentence was ungrammatical. Admit so, or be a child.

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• September 06, 2022, 09:12:01 pm
    • Anyang
    more
« Reply #14428 on: January 13, 2023, 09:45:11 am »
Raining quite hard this morning. Of course, I'm a real man and don't need an umbrella. Every man I passed had a look of weakness and submission in their eyes. And the women were giving me the eyes. A few even unlinked arms with their boyfriends after seeing a real alpha man walking in the rain. However, now that I'm at my desk I'm shivering a little from being wet and cold. The price of being a real man.

I usually use a newspaper. Like my father, and his father before him.
World Famous Youtuber and Beer Expert. Friends with people in high places. If you need help, just ask me. I probably know someone very influential who can help.
Humble as hell and a hurricane in the sheets.
- Kevin C Grabb

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
    more
« Reply #14429 on: January 13, 2023, 10:17:11 am »
Factory workers punch 7-Eleven workers?  That's assault, that is!

Mr. C? More like............... Mr. Comedy!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 10:44:26 am by ToilingAjumma »
World Famous Youtuber and Beer Expert. Friends with people in high places. If you need help, just ask me. I probably know someone very influential who can help.
- Kevin C Grabb

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #14430 on: January 13, 2023, 10:42:23 am »
Mr. C? More like............... Mr. Comedy!

They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian.  Well, they're not laughing now.

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
    more
« Reply #14431 on: January 13, 2023, 11:15:51 am »
They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian.  Well, they're not laughing now.

- Kevin C Grabb

« Reply #14432 on: Yesterday at 08:30:07 am »
I think I forgot to turn on "외출" before leaving for work today.