Read 3078892 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #13720 on: May 13, 2022, 01:45:27 pm »
My gym's recently hired a trainer that keeps harassing me over stupid shit. It started off small, but it very quickly escalated into him following me around and trying to find any little reason to interrupt my workout. When I'd show or voice my irritation with him, that seemed to only egg him on.

I finally just started flatout ignoring him. That seems to be working for the most part, but I'm gonna start going in the early mornings just to avoid him until I can finally complain to one of the gym managers.

« Reply #13721 on: May 17, 2022, 11:28:39 am »
The mother of one of my students punished him a couple weeks ago by not allowing him to go to one of his soccer matches. He is still angry towards her about it. Being the leader and overall saint that I am, I sat him down and discussed the issue with him.

"You shouldnt hold grudges towards your mother. My father held grudges. I always hated him for that."

The ensuing confused stare and awkward silence told me that he understood.
Join the WhenInRome Fan Club!
Shout out to Mr. DeMartino... the first member. Thank you my son! ;)

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #13722 on: May 17, 2022, 02:53:55 pm »
The ensuing confused stare and awkward silence told me that he understood.
If your RL persona is anything like your online one, I suspect that most everything you say is met with this reaction :wink:

Internet explorer is being permanently retired this July.
Nothing will work on Explorer anymore.
Cool.
Log into Edge (hate it, but less so than IE), then into NEIS. Up pops this notification that in order to do anything on NEIS, I must first download what is, in effect, an Internet Explorer emulator.

W.
T.
F.

>:(

« Reply #13723 on: May 17, 2022, 04:01:43 pm »
Don't you sass me. I don't like bein' sassed.
Join the WhenInRome Fan Club!
Shout out to Mr. DeMartino... the first member. Thank you my son! ;)

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #13724 on: May 19, 2022, 09:30:33 pm »
The mother of one of my students punished him a couple weeks ago by not allowing him to go to one of his soccer matches. He is still angry towards her about it. Being the leader and overall saint that I am, I sat him down and discussed the issue with him.

"You shouldnt hold grudges towards your mother. My father held grudges. I always hated him for that."
It bears repeating for priceless film-worthy ironic and dramatic purposes: "My father held grudges. I always hated him for that."

Footnote: my dad never let me go to sleep angry at him. Even if it took an hour, he would, joke, tickle, reason, bargain, hug or w.h.y. to ensure he could say good night with a kiss on the cheek and a smile on the face. Gawd I miss him.

« Reply #13725 on: May 20, 2022, 07:45:11 am »
It bears repeating for priceless film-worthy ironic and dramatic purposes: "My father held grudges. I always hated him for that."

Or even TV worthy, at least that's what the community thinks. 

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #13726 on: May 20, 2022, 08:33:55 am »
Why don't people see how affectionate and friendly cats can be? If you are in their trust tree, you're golden.

The Lion Whisperer gets millions of views with his youtube jaunts with lions, cheetahs, leopards, black panthers and hyenas (genetics show they're closer related to cats than dogs, despite Disney depictions).

For example, 32 million views of:
https://youtu.be/IChRNbuHHWE

But after weeks, he has only 160-odd thousand views for his answer to the burning question:

"Why don't the lions eat me?"
https://youtu.be/OrlteDoqGo8

The question itself made me eagerly click it.
The answer was a head nod.
(Yet how could millions watch him alongside the dangerous big cats and not want to know why: why he is never attacked; or, at least, why he thinks he is as safe as he looks).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 09:04:24 am by VanIslander »

• Rye
  • Veteran

• March 20, 2022, 03:43:11 pm
    • A side street near Cheongju
« Reply #13727 on: May 20, 2022, 10:06:41 am »
Footnote: my dad never let me go to sleep angry at him. .

You know, I reckon your dad was right. I do the same. I never go to sleep on an arguement with my wife. I make sure everything is hunky-dory, even if I have to back off something I know I'm 100% on. It's a shit feeling starting a new day with an old problem.

As for the video, I get what he said, but cats, while maybe they don't want to eat you, can give you a fair going over when they are annoyed with you. Annoyed lions could inflict life altering injuries or worse. Geez, I wouldn't trust hanging out with them.