Read 3173256 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #13520 on: December 02, 2021, 09:53:53 am »
I am ranting and venting that my other thread wasn't approved. I just wanted to let you all know that you can see rates that your place of work may be charging. Maybe you rant/vent that you aren't making or being offered enough. Well, you can get some data about a lot of Hakwons in different areas, here. This may help you with negotiations, or rant that they are raking it in off your back...

https://allhakwon.com/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:23:26 am by lifeisgood6447 »

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #13521 on: December 02, 2021, 12:50:56 pm »
Except folks with the vaccine still get covid.

Maybe because vaccinated folks need more booster doses?
___________________ _________________

“It's urgent to finish the third shot vaccination early,” said President Moon Jae-in. “A third shot is not an optional shot but a basic shot, and people need to realize that an inoculation will only be complete if they receive a third shot.”

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/11/29/national/socialAffairs/covid19-booster-shot-home-treatment/20211129192337531.html

With the new measure, people will be required to get booster shots every six months.
___________________ __________________

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #13522 on: December 02, 2021, 12:55:03 pm »
Honestly it wasn't a story. It was more like "Let's tell a sequence of vaguely connected absurdities."
The dream sequence actually ALMOST flows:

With minimum editing for spelling and grammar only…

From a dozen contributors: CO2, D.L.Orean, Mr.DeMartino, tony tony tony, VanIslander, Kyndo, 745sticky, pkjh, hangook77, MayorHaggar, tylerthegloob, Mr. C

Heather’s Dream

Heather lowered her binoculars, not believing what she had just seen. She had heard the rumors, but never dared believe Canadians actually practiced that. She quickly set about recording everything they were practicing, with luck it would be enough to give her team the edge.

Within a week she had recovered footage of the blindfolded moose, but the quality of the video was terrible - it only lasted 300 seconds before the camera was shut off, but the moose was clearly seen from the very first moment. How the University of Toronto's engineering team stealthily got the live moose into the Hyatt penthouse suite clearly used techniques they had practiced in class, but Heather was determined that her Aussie team would accomplish something more challenging with a live kangaroo before the contest ended.

The only problem was, all the kangaroos they had shipped over had died en route and were now decomposing nicely in her storage shed, that is, all except for the alpha kangaroo, which was feasting on the remains of the others and had grown too strong to be safely handled. So a team of kangaroo behavioral experts from the University of Vladivostok were brought in to figure out how to move this unique alpha kangaroo. They arrived on the scene and, within a few months, the alpha 'roo had learned every language known to man, could speak perfectly and was known to make a pretty mean bibimbap when asked.

It was fortunate for Heather that because COVID19 delayed the contest and the kangaroo went alpha, her team had time to devise a way to get the animal into The White House oval office undetected. Then she realized how, with a long hair wig and some makeup on it, they could just tell the President that the kangaroo was actually the Vice President due to her natural ditziness and his senility.  Surely, this would work and her chance to get this historic and unique video into the office would be a success. The plan was put into motion. Heather quickly threw on her crocs and made her way to the local wig shop.

Meanwhile, the legendary alpha kangaroo had cornered the global dogecoin crypto market and crashed the Hang Seng Index with the intention of bringing about a one-world government run by the Knights Templar. While the alpha kangaroo and the Aussies worked towards global domination, Olivia and her Illuminati-funded University of Toronto team had engineered their own super-beast: the sigma moose. The Queen had decided that the winner of this Battle Royale would submit the new Monarch to the Commonwealth; Kylie Minogue or Justin Bieber would take the crown. But, then out of the University of Toronto, came Jordan Peterson. He was not going to recognize any of their transspecies or transgender identity confusions. Then, others rose up to follow and challenge these groups’ new orthodoxies, especially the sigma moose. Then the sigma moose remembered being told not to make abrupt left turns, so the moose decide to turn right: right into a newly opened Lotteria franchise where they cook up brethren ruminants.

At the same time, given the sudden wealth and fame she saw forming, Heather quit university and signed the alpha kangaroo to a 5-year services contract wherein she gets 20% of all income (money & crypto currency) from fights, translations and merchandise in exchange for a legal waiver of animal ownership and full declaration that animals are people too.

Then she woke up--it had all been a strange dream; she drifted over to her bedroom window, reminding herself to stop eating cheese shortly before bedtime.

The End.

« Reply #13523 on: December 02, 2021, 01:27:29 pm »
The dream sequence actually ALMOST flows:

With minimum editing for spelling and grammar only…

From a dozen contributors: CO2, D.L.Orean, Mr.DeMartino, tony tony tony, VanIslander, Kyndo, 745sticky, pkjh, hangook77, MayorHaggar, tylerthegloob, Mr. C

Heather’s Dream

Heather lowered her binoculars, not believing what she had just seen. She had heard the rumors, but never dared believe Canadians actually practiced that. She quickly set about recording everything they were practicing, with luck it would be enough to give her team the edge.

Within a week she had recovered footage of the blindfolded moose, but the quality of the video was terrible - it only lasted 300 seconds before the camera was shut off, but the moose was clearly seen from the very first moment. How the University of Toronto's engineering team stealthily got the live moose into the Hyatt penthouse suite clearly used techniques they had practiced in class, but Heather was determined that her Aussie team would accomplish something more challenging with a live kangaroo before the contest ended.

The only problem was, all the kangaroos they had shipped over had died en route and were now decomposing nicely in her storage shed, that is, all except for the alpha kangaroo, which was feasting on the remains of the others and had grown too strong to be safely handled. So a team of kangaroo behavioral experts from the University of Vladivostok were brought in to figure out how to move this unique alpha kangaroo. They arrived on the scene and, within a few months, the alpha 'roo had learned every language known to man, could speak perfectly and was known to make a pretty mean bibimbap when asked.

It was fortunate for Heather that because COVID19 delayed the contest and the kangaroo went alpha, her team had time to devise a way to get the animal into The White House oval office undetected. Then she realized how, with a long hair wig and some makeup on it, they could just tell the President that the kangaroo was actually the Vice President due to her natural ditziness and his senility.  Surely, this would work and her chance to get this historic and unique video into the office would be a success. The plan was put into motion. Heather quickly threw on her crocs and made her way to the local wig shop.

Meanwhile, the legendary alpha kangaroo had cornered the global dogecoin crypto market and crashed the Hang Seng Index with the intention of bringing about a one-world government run by the Knights Templar. While the alpha kangaroo and the Aussies worked towards global domination, Olivia and her Illuminati-funded University of Toronto team had engineered their own super-beast: the sigma moose. The Queen had decided that the winner of this Battle Royale would submit the new Monarch to the Commonwealth; Kylie Minogue or Justin Bieber would take the crown. But, then out of the University of Toronto, came Jordan Peterson. He was not going to recognize any of their transspecies or transgender identity confusions. Then, others rose up to follow and challenge these groups’ new orthodoxies, especially the sigma moose. Then the sigma moose remembered being told not to make abrupt left turns, so the moose decide to turn right: right into a newly opened Lotteria franchise where they cook up brethren ruminants.

At the same time, given the sudden wealth and fame she saw forming, Heather quit university and signed the alpha kangaroo to a 5-year services contract wherein she gets 20% of all income (money & crypto currency) from fights, translations and merchandise in exchange for a legal waiver of animal ownership and full declaration that animals are people too.

Then she woke up--it had all been a strange dream; she drifted over to her bedroom window, reminding herself to stop eating cheese shortly before bedtime.

The End.

Remember that overwrought story about some suicidal Korean high school girl that had ridiculous prose and all the joy of AIDS? THAT was better than this dreck. This was Scorch PFG-TV levels of inane rambling.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #13524 on: December 02, 2021, 01:29:39 pm »
Remember that overwrought story about some suicidal Korean high school girl that had ridiculous prose and all the joy of AIDS? THAT was better than this dreck.

wow, a story written by a single person with a set goal was better than a sentence-by-sentence collaboration from various people on a teachers website. more shocking news at 11. i suppose you would like to pit my childhood crayon drawings against the mona lisa next?

« Reply #13525 on: December 02, 2021, 01:31:56 pm »
it was meant to be a time-waster and something other than the usual posts that plague this site. i doubt anybody expected it to be particularly much of anything, comedy or otherwise
We've had threads that went off into pun land or some other jokes that turned out pretty well and showed some decent skill. This one just went nowhere. Nothing in it was original or witty. This is the kind of shit you'd write in 4th grade with your friends, read it in front of the class, all of you would be laughing at the in-jokes, everyone else would be wondering wtf was wrong with you and why do you think this is funny? Then you find it in your folder a year later, read it and realize what a dweeb you were that day.

wow, a story written by a single person with a set goal was better than a sentence-by-sentence collaboration from various people on a teachers website. more shocking news at 11. i suppose you would like to pit my childhood crayon drawings against the mona lisa next?
I legit think 11 of us could turn out something better than that pile of horseshit, but this wasn't it. Sorry, this just wasn't a good effort.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13526 on: December 02, 2021, 01:35:37 pm »
i see you are still completely missing the point, as per usual

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13527 on: December 02, 2021, 01:43:27 pm »
We've had threads that went off into pun land or some other jokes that turned out pretty well and showed some decent skill. This one just went nowhere. Nothing in it was original or witty. This is the kind of shit you'd write in 4th grade with your friends, read it in front of the class, all of you would be laughing at the in-jokes, everyone else would be wondering wtf was wrong with you and why do you think this is funny? Then you find it in your folder a year later, read it and realize what a dweeb you were that day.
I legit think 11 of us could turn out something better than that pile of horseshit, but this wasn't it. Sorry, this just wasn't a good effort.

Marti, most of your posts are a pile of horseshit. When has that ever deterred you?

« Reply #13528 on: December 02, 2021, 01:45:14 pm »
i see you are still completely missing the point, as per usual
Yeah, yeah yeah. Cheap fun and good time had by all and that. Perfectly true and fine.

It still turned out like a hot mess.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13529 on: December 02, 2021, 01:50:42 pm »
i see you are still completely missing the point, as per usual (x2)

« Reply #13530 on: December 02, 2021, 01:55:38 pm »
i see you are still completely missing the point, as per usual (x2)
Yes, yes low expectations. No one thought they were writing the next Iliad. Heck, they didn't even think they were writing the next Ziggy comic.

It still didn't even meet those expectation. It wasn't just a flop, it was cringe.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13531 on: December 02, 2021, 02:05:59 pm »
what expectations? 

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #13532 on: December 02, 2021, 02:24:17 pm »
Fears over the omicron coronavirus variant are dashing hopes for the resumption of overseas travel, forcing many to cancel or postpone travel plans, including honeymoons, only a month after the country's "living with COVID-19" policy revived expectations for a return to normal.

http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20211202000272

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #13533 on: December 02, 2021, 02:33:13 pm »
How long until fully vaccinated people will be allowed to return to living normal lives?

How long will the pandemic last?

I foolishly thought those with immunization would be able to travel and not wear a mask and not have to keep getting tested and quarantine. I pray we’ll be able to get back to how things were someday soon.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #13534 on: December 02, 2021, 02:40:17 pm »
How long until fully vaccinated people will be allowed to return to living normal lives?

I foolishly thought those with immunization would be able to travel and not wear a mask and not have to keep getting tested and quarantine. I pray we’ll be able to get back to how things were someday soon.

I've assumed masks and testing will stay for a while. I can see masks being required for at least the 2022 school year.
It's disappointing to see the return of quarantine requirements. Hopefully, it's not extended too long and those who are vaccinated will be able to avoid it in January.
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" - hangook77

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #13535 on: December 03, 2021, 09:47:27 am »

Never.  Hence all the promises in exchange for getting the vaccine are worthless. 

I put this quote under my profile because D.L. Orean is jealous of me.  He quotes my every word like gospel and stalks my every move online.  He even puts fake quotes under his profile.  How lame is that?  He must be real ugly if he's going to such great lengths to comment on my own appearance....

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #13536 on: December 03, 2021, 09:48:58 am »
All those ranting about Korea's low wages maybe should read these stories.  Seems a great time in America to kick your boss to the curb.  Get a raise too.  (Interesting read.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/r77uun/i_work_at_wendys_and_i_was_told_today_franchise/

I put this quote under my profile because D.L. Orean is jealous of me.  He quotes my every word like gospel and stalks my every move online.  He even puts fake quotes under his profile.  How lame is that?  He must be real ugly if he's going to such great lengths to comment on my own appearance....

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #13537 on: December 03, 2021, 09:50:21 am »
Why doesn't that Wendy's allow whiring?

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13538 on: December 03, 2021, 09:51:57 am »
All those ranting about Korea's low wages maybe should read these stories.

sooo, you and your alt account? just message the article to them, i mean yourself.

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• Near Busan
« Reply #13539 on: December 03, 2021, 10:01:16 am »
sooo, you and your alt account? just message the article to them, i mean yourself.

Don't have an alt account.  I'm not CO2.  Sorry to disappoint.  I just posted the feed for interest.  Take it or leave it.  Once covid is done, I may be tempted myself. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 10:26:04 am by hangook77 »