Read 3447735 times

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #13500 on: November 30, 2021, 02:25:52 pm »
Well considering the same 5 posters for at least the past year obsess over me nonstop without delay and without skipping a beat, it would seem to me which users have the real lizard brains (since they are going on obsessive instinct).  As for me, I'm glad to be living in your heads rent free.  Though it is kind of pathetic. 

I think the fact that you were derailing other threads constantly with your China jobs promotions crap is really lost on you.  And stop stealing Martino's living in our heads rent free line.  It only worked when one person did it.  Reading you do it is like having watched Borat and then running into a guy who keeps going "Very nice."

« Reply #13501 on: November 30, 2021, 04:19:57 pm »
This really hurt. You cut deep Mr. DeMartino.
Sorry, it wasn't really fair to you. Let me tend thy wound. I mean, while it was somewhat predictable that it would veer into what it did, you at least have the defense of making the first move in an unknown space and probably just wanted some yuks.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #13502 on: December 01, 2021, 07:57:09 am »
Nail. Head. CO2 gave a good start but the next sentence was just like...there's no reason to do it after that because you know what it's going to end up as- just a bunch of people trying to top each other with absurd stuff and it peters out in a few pages. I tried to pull it back because I knew what would happen and predictably, it did.

Can't people think things out? Don't you know if you do that this is what is going to happen and it's going to be cringe af? Was anyone actually laughing at what people wrote? Throwing a moose or a kangaroo into things doesn't make things automatically funny or absurd. The absurd is in stuff that is routine shown in the light of how, well, absurd it is. Look at a good Seinfeld episode if you want to do absurd and really understand what absurd humor is about. The rain of frogs should come either in the climax or the resolution, not the opening unless it precedes some sort of coherent conflict set up. Finally, this made the "Poochie" writers and execs from I&S studios from The Simpsons look inspired.

Also, you don't have to go to instant absurd.  Everyone was a two-pump chump with their take on this. Shot their wad early and all that was left was a mess and no satisfaction.

The 1-2 sentence format can work as a fun exercise, but that's usually best for something dialogue heavy.

who cares? im p sure everybody went into the thread knowing it was going to be some dumb shit, that was sort of the point. plus im also sure none of us expected to script the next episode of seinfeld, lol. lighten up and have some fun

« Reply #13503 on: December 01, 2021, 11:17:23 am »
who cares? im p sure everybody went into the thread knowing it was going to be some dumb shit, that was sort of the point. plus im also sure none of us expected to script the next episode of seinfeld, lol. lighten up and have some fun
I stand by my criticism. If it was meant to be comedy, people need to work on their comedy.

You know the stuff people come up with their friends when drunk/high and write down and the next day they read it and realize it wasn't that funny/great after all? This was that. It read like that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 11:20:46 am by Mr.DeMartino »

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #13504 on: December 01, 2021, 11:27:38 am »
I stand by my criticism. If it was meant to be comedy, people need to work on their comedy.

You know the stuff people come up with their friends when drunk/high and write down and the next day they read it and realize it wasn't that funny/great after all? This was that. It read like that.

Oh, come on. It wasn't that good.  The stuff written by high or drunk people at least got a laugh once. 

« Reply #13505 on: December 01, 2021, 11:59:13 am »
Oh, come on. It wasn't that good.  The stuff written by high or drunk people at least got a laugh once. 
:laugh:

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13506 on: December 01, 2021, 01:03:09 pm »

it was meant to be a time-waster and something other than the usual posts that plague this site. i doubt anybody expected it to be particularly much of anything, comedy or otherwise

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 02, 2027, 11:00:00 pm
    • 🇰🇷
« Reply #13507 on: December 02, 2021, 07:02:24 am »
I enjoyed it. I'm also totally game for a more serious story sharing thread, maybe a few paragraphs at a time? I promise I won't try to turn it into a Rocky and Bullwinkle episode this time!

« Reply #13508 on: December 02, 2021, 09:53:53 am »
I am ranting and venting that my other thread wasn't approved. I just wanted to let you all know that you can see rates that your place of work may be charging. Maybe you rant/vent that you aren't making or being offered enough. Well, you can get some data about a lot of Hakwons in different areas, here. This may help you with negotiations, or rant that they are raking it in off your back...

https://allhakwon.com/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:23:26 am by lifeisgood6447 »

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #13509 on: December 02, 2021, 12:50:56 pm »
Except folks with the vaccine still get covid.

Maybe because vaccinated folks need more booster doses?
___________________ _________________

“It's urgent to finish the third shot vaccination early,” said President Moon Jae-in. “A third shot is not an optional shot but a basic shot, and people need to realize that an inoculation will only be complete if they receive a third shot.”

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/11/29/national/socialAffairs/covid19-booster-shot-home-treatment/20211129192337531.html

With the new measure, people will be required to get booster shots every six months.
___________________ __________________

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
« Reply #13510 on: December 02, 2021, 12:55:03 pm »
Honestly it wasn't a story. It was more like "Let's tell a sequence of vaguely connected absurdities."
The dream sequence actually ALMOST flows:

With minimum editing for spelling and grammar only…

From a dozen contributors: CO2, D.L.Orean, Mr.DeMartino, tony tony tony, VanIslander, Kyndo, 745sticky, pkjh, hangook77, MayorHaggar, tylerthegloob, Mr. C

Heather’s Dream

Heather lowered her binoculars, not believing what she had just seen. She had heard the rumors, but never dared believe Canadians actually practiced that. She quickly set about recording everything they were practicing, with luck it would be enough to give her team the edge.

Within a week she had recovered footage of the blindfolded moose, but the quality of the video was terrible - it only lasted 300 seconds before the camera was shut off, but the moose was clearly seen from the very first moment. How the University of Toronto's engineering team stealthily got the live moose into the Hyatt penthouse suite clearly used techniques they had practiced in class, but Heather was determined that her Aussie team would accomplish something more challenging with a live kangaroo before the contest ended.

The only problem was, all the kangaroos they had shipped over had died en route and were now decomposing nicely in her storage shed, that is, all except for the alpha kangaroo, which was feasting on the remains of the others and had grown too strong to be safely handled. So a team of kangaroo behavioral experts from the University of Vladivostok were brought in to figure out how to move this unique alpha kangaroo. They arrived on the scene and, within a few months, the alpha 'roo had learned every language known to man, could speak perfectly and was known to make a pretty mean bibimbap when asked.

It was fortunate for Heather that because COVID19 delayed the contest and the kangaroo went alpha, her team had time to devise a way to get the animal into The White House oval office undetected. Then she realized how, with a long hair wig and some makeup on it, they could just tell the President that the kangaroo was actually the Vice President due to her natural ditziness and his senility.  Surely, this would work and her chance to get this historic and unique video into the office would be a success. The plan was put into motion. Heather quickly threw on her crocs and made her way to the local wig shop.

Meanwhile, the legendary alpha kangaroo had cornered the global dogecoin crypto market and crashed the Hang Seng Index with the intention of bringing about a one-world government run by the Knights Templar. While the alpha kangaroo and the Aussies worked towards global domination, Olivia and her Illuminati-funded University of Toronto team had engineered their own super-beast: the sigma moose. The Queen had decided that the winner of this Battle Royale would submit the new Monarch to the Commonwealth; Kylie Minogue or Justin Bieber would take the crown. But, then out of the University of Toronto, came Jordan Peterson. He was not going to recognize any of their transspecies or transgender identity confusions. Then, others rose up to follow and challenge these groups’ new orthodoxies, especially the sigma moose. Then the sigma moose remembered being told not to make abrupt left turns, so the moose decide to turn right: right into a newly opened Lotteria franchise where they cook up brethren ruminants.

At the same time, given the sudden wealth and fame she saw forming, Heather quit university and signed the alpha kangaroo to a 5-year services contract wherein she gets 20% of all income (money & crypto currency) from fights, translations and merchandise in exchange for a legal waiver of animal ownership and full declaration that animals are people too.

Then she woke up--it had all been a strange dream; she drifted over to her bedroom window, reminding herself to stop eating cheese shortly before bedtime.

The End.
Life's to live! Live! Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. Animals teach us to focus on family, friends and avoid danger. Get what you need and get along with others. That said, some rock the boat, but they know capsizin' it means they're sunk. Some sink, let's swim! The sea's big, great, but has undercurrents.

« Reply #13511 on: December 02, 2021, 01:27:29 pm »
The dream sequence actually ALMOST flows:

With minimum editing for spelling and grammar only…

From a dozen contributors: CO2, D.L.Orean, Mr.DeMartino, tony tony tony, VanIslander, Kyndo, 745sticky, pkjh, hangook77, MayorHaggar, tylerthegloob, Mr. C

Heather’s Dream

Heather lowered her binoculars, not believing what she had just seen. She had heard the rumors, but never dared believe Canadians actually practiced that. She quickly set about recording everything they were practicing, with luck it would be enough to give her team the edge.

Within a week she had recovered footage of the blindfolded moose, but the quality of the video was terrible - it only lasted 300 seconds before the camera was shut off, but the moose was clearly seen from the very first moment. How the University of Toronto's engineering team stealthily got the live moose into the Hyatt penthouse suite clearly used techniques they had practiced in class, but Heather was determined that her Aussie team would accomplish something more challenging with a live kangaroo before the contest ended.

The only problem was, all the kangaroos they had shipped over had died en route and were now decomposing nicely in her storage shed, that is, all except for the alpha kangaroo, which was feasting on the remains of the others and had grown too strong to be safely handled. So a team of kangaroo behavioral experts from the University of Vladivostok were brought in to figure out how to move this unique alpha kangaroo. They arrived on the scene and, within a few months, the alpha 'roo had learned every language known to man, could speak perfectly and was known to make a pretty mean bibimbap when asked.

It was fortunate for Heather that because COVID19 delayed the contest and the kangaroo went alpha, her team had time to devise a way to get the animal into The White House oval office undetected. Then she realized how, with a long hair wig and some makeup on it, they could just tell the President that the kangaroo was actually the Vice President due to her natural ditziness and his senility.  Surely, this would work and her chance to get this historic and unique video into the office would be a success. The plan was put into motion. Heather quickly threw on her crocs and made her way to the local wig shop.

Meanwhile, the legendary alpha kangaroo had cornered the global dogecoin crypto market and crashed the Hang Seng Index with the intention of bringing about a one-world government run by the Knights Templar. While the alpha kangaroo and the Aussies worked towards global domination, Olivia and her Illuminati-funded University of Toronto team had engineered their own super-beast: the sigma moose. The Queen had decided that the winner of this Battle Royale would submit the new Monarch to the Commonwealth; Kylie Minogue or Justin Bieber would take the crown. But, then out of the University of Toronto, came Jordan Peterson. He was not going to recognize any of their transspecies or transgender identity confusions. Then, others rose up to follow and challenge these groups’ new orthodoxies, especially the sigma moose. Then the sigma moose remembered being told not to make abrupt left turns, so the moose decide to turn right: right into a newly opened Lotteria franchise where they cook up brethren ruminants.

At the same time, given the sudden wealth and fame she saw forming, Heather quit university and signed the alpha kangaroo to a 5-year services contract wherein she gets 20% of all income (money & crypto currency) from fights, translations and merchandise in exchange for a legal waiver of animal ownership and full declaration that animals are people too.

Then she woke up--it had all been a strange dream; she drifted over to her bedroom window, reminding herself to stop eating cheese shortly before bedtime.

The End.

Remember that overwrought story about some suicidal Korean high school girl that had ridiculous prose and all the joy of AIDS? THAT was better than this dreck. This was Scorch PFG-TV levels of inane rambling.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13512 on: December 02, 2021, 01:29:39 pm »
Remember that overwrought story about some suicidal Korean high school girl that had ridiculous prose and all the joy of AIDS? THAT was better than this dreck.

wow, a story written by a single person with a set goal was better than a sentence-by-sentence collaboration from various people on a teachers website. more shocking news at 11. i suppose you would like to pit my childhood crayon drawings against the mona lisa next?

« Reply #13513 on: December 02, 2021, 01:31:56 pm »
it was meant to be a time-waster and something other than the usual posts that plague this site. i doubt anybody expected it to be particularly much of anything, comedy or otherwise
We've had threads that went off into pun land or some other jokes that turned out pretty well and showed some decent skill. This one just went nowhere. Nothing in it was original or witty. This is the kind of shit you'd write in 4th grade with your friends, read it in front of the class, all of you would be laughing at the in-jokes, everyone else would be wondering wtf was wrong with you and why do you think this is funny? Then you find it in your folder a year later, read it and realize what a dweeb you were that day.

wow, a story written by a single person with a set goal was better than a sentence-by-sentence collaboration from various people on a teachers website. more shocking news at 11. i suppose you would like to pit my childhood crayon drawings against the mona lisa next?
I legit think 11 of us could turn out something better than that pile of horseshit, but this wasn't it. Sorry, this just wasn't a good effort.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13514 on: December 02, 2021, 01:35:37 pm »
i see you are still completely missing the point, as per usual

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13515 on: December 02, 2021, 01:43:27 pm »
We've had threads that went off into pun land or some other jokes that turned out pretty well and showed some decent skill. This one just went nowhere. Nothing in it was original or witty. This is the kind of shit you'd write in 4th grade with your friends, read it in front of the class, all of you would be laughing at the in-jokes, everyone else would be wondering wtf was wrong with you and why do you think this is funny? Then you find it in your folder a year later, read it and realize what a dweeb you were that day.
I legit think 11 of us could turn out something better than that pile of horseshit, but this wasn't it. Sorry, this just wasn't a good effort.

Marti, most of your posts are a pile of horseshit. When has that ever deterred you?

« Reply #13516 on: December 02, 2021, 01:45:14 pm »
i see you are still completely missing the point, as per usual
Yeah, yeah yeah. Cheap fun and good time had by all and that. Perfectly true and fine.

It still turned out like a hot mess.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13517 on: December 02, 2021, 01:50:42 pm »
i see you are still completely missing the point, as per usual (x2)

« Reply #13518 on: December 02, 2021, 01:55:38 pm »
i see you are still completely missing the point, as per usual (x2)
Yes, yes low expectations. No one thought they were writing the next Iliad. Heck, they didn't even think they were writing the next Ziggy comic.

It still didn't even meet those expectation. It wasn't just a flop, it was cringe.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13519 on: December 02, 2021, 02:05:59 pm »
what expectations?