Read 2843819 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #13460 on: November 02, 2021, 12:31:54 pm »
My friend from Vietnam is named Tran Nee. Nice guy.
Join the WhenInRome Fan Club!
Shout out to Mr. DeMartino... the first member. Thank you my son! ;)

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13461 on: November 02, 2021, 12:34:14 pm »
Au contraire!
Positive humor facilitates real reappraisal, and is often used as a systematic desensitization to reduce social fears.  :smiley:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11506052/

Ok since you have evidence and a testable thesis I can concur but one wonders why that thread was closed down?  I thought it was hilarious.  :blank:

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #13462 on: November 02, 2021, 12:35:18 pm »
Banned for Thread got quashed. My pun is gone!

Did it have to do with Hangook's clear double entendres about transgender dates not being honest and shoving it down your throat?  That's where I went.  I don't think he realised what he was writing. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #13463 on: November 02, 2021, 12:45:50 pm »
Au contraire!
Positive humor facilitates real reappraisal, and is often used as a systematic desensitization to reduce social fears.  :smiley:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11506052/
Ok since you have evidence and a testable thesis I can concur but one wonders why that thread was closed down?  I thought it was hilarious.  :blank:
I wasn't there when the walls slammed down, but I suspect that one or another of the long term mods felt that the conversation was bumping up against the no-religious-discussions-rule-thingy, and was getting a bit heated/personal.

...hilarious... maybe. But was it positively hilarious?  ;D

• Adel
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13464 on: November 02, 2021, 12:48:30 pm »

I wasn't there when the walls slammed down, but I suspect that one or another of the long term mods felt that the conversation was bumping up against the no-religious-discussions-rule-thingy, and was getting a bit heated/personal.

...hilarious... maybe. But was it positively hilarious?  ;D

Perhaps not, more a kind of dark and twisted humour. Some of us have different tastes I suspect.  :evil:

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #13465 on: November 02, 2021, 01:13:39 pm »
Not everyone, but if you're fully vaxxed and are going to/from an approved country, then you can. You just have to apply for a re-entry permit with immigration before leaving, and of course you need to get PCR tests done 3 days prior to leaving and 3 days prior to coming back (subject to change based on who you might be traveling with, though). You should also keep hard copies of your vaccinations in English and Korean on hand.

It's still a major pain in the ass, and not everyone will get approved for re-entry, but if you plan ahead and schedule those appointments and meet all of the other requirements, then yeah, you can leave.

With that being said, people do still have to make sure that the receiving country will also accept people coming from Korea. I've read stories of people paying a ton of money to travel to certain places (I think mostly in Europe, but I can't remember for sure) only to get denied entry because they were coming from Korea. Doesn't matter that they're not citizens of Korea or that they're citizens of countries that ARE approved. The fact that they were coming from Korea still barred them. So they had to turn around, lol.

Ooo, is there a website or something with approved countries?
I'm fully vaxxed, so likely wouldn't be a problem with the other stuff. :o

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #13466 on: November 02, 2021, 01:19:48 pm »
Ah, thanks.  I'll have to remember to get a re-entry permit. 

As for living with Covid, got a message from my gym that starting from November 15th only vaccinated people are allowed in.  I don't think Hangook works out so that won't be an issue but pretty soon the same may apply to other services he uses.  I think that's what a lot of private businesses are going to go with and that may get the fence sitters and needlessly paranoid to go get their shots.  No one is going to force you, but don't step foot in this place of business.  And I'm willing to bet eventually Hangook's school is going to present him with an ultimatum and he'll get his shots like a big boy.

I'm not sure if schools can force it, cause I think there are legit medical reasons people can't get it, but I heard, they'll be bringing in mandatory covid tests fortnightly for all unvaccinated teachers, I think they were also pushing for the teachers with only 1 jab too. Obviously, schools likely won't like teachers that need to get tested that frequently, due to having to be at home while waiting for results, so I can see people getting non-renewed over it.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #13467 on: November 02, 2021, 01:23:05 pm »
Did it have to do with Hangook's clear double entendres about transgender dates not being honest and shoving it down your throat?  That's where I went.  I don't think he realised what he was writing. 

Don't share your confused state of mind with us.  Just because you love dudes without nuts Mr Nut.  Don't project your propaganda onto the rest of us.  Keep that shit to yourself.  I don't care what kinks you're into in your free time.  But the rest of us could care less and don't need to listen to your bragging about it.  I understand now why you want to stay in Seoul for 2.1, trans hill in Itaewon is calling your name.  They shout out: "Where are my nuts?"  On Nut, your name is being called.  Go get your lovin' peachy boy....

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #13468 on: November 02, 2021, 01:24:35 pm »
Don't share your confused state of mind with us.  Just because you love dudes without nuts Mr Nut.  Don't project your propaganda onto the rest of us.  Keep that shit to yourself.  I don't care what kinks you're into in your free time.  But the rest of us could care less and don't need to listen to your bragging about it.  I understand now why you want to stay in Seoul for 2.1, trans hill in Itaewon is calling your name.  They shout out: "Where are my nuts?"  On Nut, your name is being called.  Go get your lovin' peachy boy....

this is a new low in the waygook discourse

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #13469 on: November 02, 2021, 01:27:47 pm »
this is a new low in the waygook discourse

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.  Smarten up hypocrite. 

I didn't start it.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #13470 on: November 02, 2021, 01:31:45 pm »
Don't dish it out if you can't take it.  Smarten up hypocrite. 

I didn't start it.

?? you just dedicated an entire post to onnut's nuts. guess you are good at taking something at least  :wink:

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #13471 on: November 02, 2021, 01:33:54 pm »
?? you just dedicated an entire post to onnut's nuts. guess you are good at taking something at least  :wink:

I'm sure you are both taking it in the nuts.  That to which I have no doubt...

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Korea
« Reply #13472 on: November 02, 2021, 01:35:14 pm »
on second thought its probably preferable that the innuendo lead back towards slapstick violence, i'll give you a pass on that one even if the nut puns are getting a bit tired

« Reply #13473 on: November 02, 2021, 01:37:06 pm »

Hangook! To be fair, the way you constructed that sentence did make it look like you were telling it from personal experience. I immediately thought the same as OnNut.
And...believe me, I'm not having a go at you in any shape or form.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #13474 on: November 02, 2021, 01:42:07 pm »

I respect and take no offense at your attempts to throw it back in my face.  Your attempts at humour were limp, but I have nothing against you making the effort. 

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #13475 on: November 02, 2021, 01:47:49 pm »
I respect and take no offense at your attempts to throw it back in my face.  Your attempts at humour were limp, but I have nothing against you making the effort. 

Limp is so witty........

Anyways, kids.  All kidding around aside, don't go out an commit violence against any trans or queer crowd.  Just in case a real nutter out there is reading this.  Let folks live their life whatever if they aren't in your face and bothering you about it.  Disagree or agree with the lifestyle, but mind it to yourself. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #13476 on: November 02, 2021, 01:50:03 pm »
Perhaps not, more a kind of dark and twisted humour. Some of us have different tastes I suspect.  :evil:
It takes all kinds to make a world!

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #13477 on: November 02, 2021, 01:50:17 pm »
Limp is so witty........

Anyways, kids.  All kidding around aside, don't go out an commit violence against any trans or queer crowd.  Just in case a real nutter out there is reading this.  Let folks live their life whatever if they aren't in your face and bothering you about it.  Disagree or agree with the lifestyle, but mind it to yourself.

What if they are in my face and bothering me about it? What should I do then?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 01:51:58 pm by D.L.Orean »
"in real life I have a Mensa level IQ. Thatís the opposite of mentally retarded. People have told me Iím the smartest person theyíve ever met. Has anyone said that to you? Probably not."

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #13478 on: November 02, 2021, 02:11:48 pm »
What if they are in my face and bothering me about it? What should I do then?

Walk away? 

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #13479 on: November 02, 2021, 02:15:42 pm »
"in real life I have a Mensa level IQ. Thatís the opposite of mentally retarded. People have told me Iím the smartest person theyíve ever met. Has anyone said that to you? Probably not."