Read 3072859 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #13380 on: October 28, 2021, 08:30:01 am »
You might want to look into removing that stick.
:cry:  :cry:  :-[  :-[  :cry:  :cry:

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #13381 on: October 28, 2021, 08:37:52 am »
:cry:  :cry:  :-[  :-[  :cry:  :cry:

*hug* *hug* *headpat* *headpat* *hug* *hug*

Edit: missed the 2nd headpat. :p

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #13382 on: October 28, 2021, 08:52:28 am »
You might want to look into removing that stick.

I'm guessing he was just channeling SPQR there for some larfs. 

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #13383 on: October 28, 2021, 08:53:26 am »
*headpat* *headpat*

cursed waygook interactions

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #13384 on: October 28, 2021, 09:05:44 am »
I'm guessing he was just channeling SPQR there for some larfs.

Oof, it went over my head.

It's okay, I like CO2, he's a fairly swell human. :D
I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time he's said something as a joke, that went over my head, that made me think he was being serious. D:
He seemed to take my comment well, so hopefully if he sees the hugs, he'll know there is no hard feelings. If not, sorry CO2!

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #13385 on: October 28, 2021, 09:13:31 am »
Oof, it went over my head.

It's okay, I like CO2, he's a fairly swell human. :D
I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time he's said something as a joke, that went over my head, that made me think he was being serious. D:
He seemed to take my comment well, so hopefully if he sees the hugs, he'll know there is no hard feelings. If not, sorry CO2!

Being accused of subtlety is new for me, too.

Errbody be confused. hahahahha

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #13386 on: October 28, 2021, 09:15:10 am »
Being accused of subtlety is new for me, too.

Errbody be confused. hahahahha

Quick, let's use a family guy cut away!
Everyone, Mr. Conway Twitty.

« Reply #13387 on: October 28, 2021, 09:17:26 am »
I think the worst pizza I ever had was one my co-workers ordered one time. It had lemon stuffed into the crust, and had something like: Tomato paste, cheese, beetroot, and a bunch of other 'earthy' vegetables. It literally tasted like dirt until you got to the crust, and then you just get rush of lemony sourness.
It's the only pizza I've ever eaten that I couldn't even down a single slice.

Worst was during Ramadan, all the NETs including my wife and I had to attend a mandatory workshop for the weekend. Wasn't all bad as it was in a small seaside town, but yeah, after going all day without eating or drinking you want a decent meal. We ordered a "pizza" from the hotel restaurant.

Being pretty hungry we ordered the seafood pizza as we couldn't eat the meat.

We got the most disgusting off cuts of probably 2 dozen different kinds of seafood on the pizza though mainly rubbery squid. Worst of all, everything was covered in honey and mayonnaise! One bite was all either of us took.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #13388 on: October 28, 2021, 09:22:14 am »
Worst was during Ramadan, all the NETs including my wife and I had to attend a mandatory workshop for the weekend. Wasn't all bad as it was in a small seaside town, but yeah, after going all day without eating or drinking you want a decent meal. We ordered a "pizza" from the hotel restaurant.

Being pretty hungry we ordered the seafood pizza as we couldn't eat the meat.

We got the most disgusting off cuts of probably 2 dozen different kinds of seafood on the pizza though mainly rubbery squid. Worst of all, everything was covered in honey and mayonnaise! One bite was all either of us took.

That also sounds horrible, because I'm both allergic too, and don't like the taste, of seafood. D:

« Reply #13389 on: October 28, 2021, 11:13:41 am »
Found another Ranting Thread, but it's about us!

https://www.reddit.com/r/korea/comments/qgywth/another_one_on_waygookorg/

I can't speak for what it's become now as I stopped being involved in early-2010 

It sucks that it's gone downhill in the last 10 years  or so.

Is this really the same guy writing?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 11:16:26 am by grimlock2 »

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #13390 on: October 28, 2021, 11:27:42 am »
That also sounds horrible, because I'm both allergic too, and don't like the taste, of seafood. D:
Count your blessings that your allergic to the food you dislike!

I have 2 sisters. The first is the pickiest eater in the world. Hates everything. Disassembles her pizza into separate piles of ingredients before eating it. Would probably separate flour from oil from yeast from salt in the cooked crust if it were humanly possible.

My other sister loves everything, but has autoimmune issues, and has reactions to a lot of things, many of them being things she really likes. Not surprisingly, they dont get along very well together, especially at meal times.  :laugh:

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #13391 on: October 28, 2021, 12:03:18 pm »

Are there people who enjoy the taste of food they're allergic to?  I would think that would be one way you're body would signal you to not eat something.  It's not appetizing.  I am also allergic to shellfish and the smell puts me right off.  As a finicky eater as a kid I've tried snow crab and lobster (or been forced to) and eventually my parents realised swollen eyes and lips were not a normal way a fussy nine year old reacts.  I didn't think lobster was tasty and do not look at anyone eating lobster or mussels and feel envy.  I only know repulsion of those foods.  I know allergies can be developed later in life for things people enjoyed previously, but I'd be surprised to hear of anyone who likes a food they are seriously allergic to.  That would be tough. 

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #13392 on: October 28, 2021, 12:12:44 pm »
Are there people who enjoy the taste of food they're allergic to?  I would think that would be one way you're body would signal you to not eat something.  It's not appetizing.  I am also allergic to shellfish and the smell puts me right off.  As a finicky eater as a kid I've tried snow crab and lobster (or been forced to) and eventually my parents realised swollen eyes and lips were not a normal way a fussy nine year old reacts.  I didn't think lobster was tasty and do not look at anyone eating lobster or mussels and feel envy.  I only know repulsion of those foods.  I know allergies can be developed later in life for things people enjoyed previously, but I'd be surprised to hear of anyone who likes a food they are seriously allergic to.  That would be tough.

Back in high school I knew a guy who loved peanuts but, was allergic to them. He could be in the same room as a peanut, but he'd get swelling if he ate peanuts though.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13393 on: October 28, 2021, 12:13:45 pm »

Depends, I guess. My brother was allergic to a lot of stuff, some of it he's grown out of, often with the help of limited supervised exposure to build tolerance. And he can't get enough of most of it, especially dairy, even though he's still slightly allergic.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #13394 on: October 28, 2021, 12:15:48 pm »
Buddy of mine was allergic to shrimp. He got drunk at the Chinese buffet once and we caught him snarfing down 5 shrimps with this angry look on his face.

:police:  :police:  :police: JESSE NO

:afro: Fuuuuuu** YYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUU

We called the ambulance and they held him overnight. He's not deathly allergic but it is quite serious.

So, yes. Jesse loves the taste of shrimp and it takes him getting plastered to lose his fear of them.

« Reply #13395 on: October 28, 2021, 12:24:16 pm »
Count your blessings that your allergic to the food you dislike!

I have 2 sisters. The first is the pickiest eater in the world. Hates everything. Disassembles her pizza into separate piles of ingredients before eating it. Would probably separate flour from oil from yeast from salt in the cooked crust if it were humanly possible.

My other sister loves everything, but has autoimmune issues, and has reactions to a lot of things, many of them being things she really likes. Not surprisingly, they dont get along very well together, especially at meal times.  :laugh:

I present to you, my wife.... in the early years of our marriage.

The woman was scared, literally scared, of oranges and bananas. On a few occasions, I'd chase her around the apartment with a banana peel. Her and her sisters almost never ate fruit or vegetables growing up, unless it was mixed in a stew. She's done a complete 180 over the years and eats vegetables with every meal. She's got a weird obsession with avo, on toast, with fried egg.

I'll eat any vegetable or fruit you put in front of me.

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13396 on: October 28, 2021, 02:45:30 pm »
She's got a weird obsession with avo, on toast, with fried egg.

I used to work at a breakfast/brunch place, its a pretty common obsession stateside lol

« Reply #13397 on: October 28, 2021, 02:46:37 pm »
I used to work at a breakfast/brunch place, its a pretty common obsession stateside lol

So.... you're saying.... my wife is secretly an AMERICAN!

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13398 on: October 28, 2021, 02:59:29 pm »
So.... you're saying.... my wife is secretly an AMERICAN!

https://twitter.com/time/status/864166012689817600?lang=en the whole millennials/avocado toast thing is as admittedly a bit of a meme, but it is also true that millennials love that stuff, haha. that and the lox cream cheese bagel were probably like our two most sold items for that demographic (pretty annoying since you had to change your gloves whenever you touched the lox, for obvious reasons)

apparently the stop-eating-avocado-toast guy was an aussie, so she might be a secret australian instead... pick your poison, i guess!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 03:01:42 pm by 745sticky »

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #13399 on: October 28, 2021, 03:15:08 pm »
"you're actually kind of mild compared to the others" hangook making me feel like the cholula hot sauce of waygook  :sad:
more gg more skill