Read 3271501 times

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #13340 on: October 27, 2021, 03:47:27 am »
Here’s the article:

https://news.yahoo.com/south-korea-plots-course-scrapping-104907948.html

Things will be back to normal February 20th, four months from now, is the plan. Back to normal except the mask mandates will stay in place. Hopefully there won’t be any more big variants like Delta Plus spreading so much, or feared so much, that the timeline is further delayed.

• Adel
  • The Legend

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13341 on: October 27, 2021, 05:10:55 am »
Here’s the article:

https://news.yahoo.com/south-korea-plots-course-scrapping-104907948.html

Things will be back to normal February 20th, four months from now, is the plan. Back to normal except the mask mandates will stay in place. Hopefully there won’t be any more big variants like Delta Plus spreading so much, or feared so much, that the timeline is further delayed.

Not a lot of detail it the link but in other parts of the world the lessening of restrictions has been tied to vaccination rates rather than a specific date. In our state the plan is to remove the mask mandate when 90% of the population over 12 years old are fully vaccinated. Given Korea is at a little under 72% now  https://covidvax.live/location/kor, you wouldn't expect it to take another year, unless they're waiting for approval of vaccines for kids under 12 and much higher levels of vaccination among the whole population.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #13342 on: October 27, 2021, 05:54:12 am »
In our state the plan is to remove the mask mandate when 90% of the population over 12 years old are fully vaccinated.

And what if it never gets above 90% because of conspiracy theorists? Then everyone keeps having to wear a mask outside of their home forever regardless of vaccination status?

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13343 on: October 27, 2021, 06:03:15 am »
And what if it never gets above 90% because of conspiracy theorists? Then everyone keeps having to wear a mask outside of their home forever regardless of vaccination status?

I'd imagine, they'll try a combination of carrot and stick. So far the only carrot they've used is a sausage sizzle and a million dollar lottery with each vaccination. I'd imagine that'll be increased to cash incentives, and restrictions of behaviour for the unvaccinated. Social cohesion is already becoming a problem for a lot of small business owners that are faced with restrictions on the number of customers they can have within in their venues. That said, the goal posts may well move again.  Having just spoken to my barber who owns another business in the city, he doesn't expect some things to ever be normal again as some people have fundamentally changed their behaviour and ways of doing business. A significant number of people will continue to work from home which has dire consequences for small business in the CBD area.  It's a great time if you have a pathology business but I wouldn't want to be working in an ICU when the state and international borders open and Covid eventually rips the remaining unvaccinated, elderly and those with weak immune systems. Our Commie pinko health service will be strained to the absolute maximum.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:36:26 am by Adel »

• Lazio
  • Expert Waygook

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #13344 on: October 27, 2021, 08:01:34 am »
Not a lot of detail it the link but in other parts of the world the lessening of restrictions has been tied to vaccination rates rather than a specific date. In our state the plan is to remove the mask mandate when 90% of the population over 12 years old are fully vaccinated. Given Korea is at a little under 72% now  https://covidvax.live/location/kor, you wouldn't expect it to take another year, unless they're waiting for approval of vaccines for kids under 12 and much higher levels of vaccination among the whole population.

That 72% is for the entire population. It seems it will reach above 80% by the end of this year which will make it one of the highest vaccination rates in the World. Well, 72% could be already described as such.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 08:10:26 am by Lazio »
''Jealous of those who make more, have a 2 bedroom apartment to live in, ride a GIANT mountain bike, and drive a car that gets them around?  Well, I can't help myself.  It's too bad you are jealous of me for you having less. I am at least able to say I am living better than most ESLers '' hangook77

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13345 on: October 27, 2021, 09:02:37 am »
That 72% is for the entire population. It seems it will reach above 80% by the end of this year which will make it one of the highest vaccination rates in the World. Well, 72% could be already described as such.
I'm pretty sure that 72% represents the eligible population, that is 12+, which is a very good result, but not really 72% of the entire population. I will stand corrected if someone can demonstrate otherwise though.

• Lazio
  • Expert Waygook

• Gyeongi-do
« Reply #13346 on: October 27, 2021, 09:11:14 am »
I'm pretty sure that 72% represents the eligible population, that is 12+, which is a very good result, but not really 72% of the entire population. I will stand corrected if someone can demonstrate otherwise though.

Nope, that is for the entire population.
As of this morning 36,709,777 people are fully vaccinated from 51 million something population.
''Jealous of those who make more, have a 2 bedroom apartment to live in, ride a GIANT mountain bike, and drive a car that gets them around?  Well, I can't help myself.  It's too bad you are jealous of me for you having less. I am at least able to say I am living better than most ESLers '' hangook77

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #13347 on: October 27, 2021, 09:14:09 am »
As of this morning 36,709,777 people are fully vaccinated from 51 million something population.

And 79.6% (92% for over 18s) have received a first dose
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" - hangook77

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13348 on: October 27, 2021, 09:16:54 am »

Ok, I stand corrected, but it says something about the Korea's aging and shrinking population.

• Lazio
  • Expert Waygook

• Gyeongi-do
« Reply #13349 on: October 27, 2021, 10:24:30 am »
Ok, I stand corrected, but it says something about the Korea's aging and shrinking population.

To be fair, the high school seniors were already vaccinated in August. So far the fully vaccinated are 17 or above. Rather than 18 or older. The 12-17 age group started receiving their first jabs this month. (or maybe it's next month?) Anyways, none of them are fully vaccinated yet.

• Adel
  • The Legend

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #13350 on: October 27, 2021, 10:39:49 am »
Well, given the initial supply shortages that's a fairly rapid and high rate of vaccination. So it makes you wonder why they're holding out so long with the mask mandate. I guess they're still very concerned about the kids. Perhaps the goalpost might move in more favourable direction once approval to vaccinate kids under 12, hopefully sometime soon.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:03:10 am by Adel »

• Lazio
  • Expert Waygook

• Gyeongi-do
« Reply #13351 on: October 27, 2021, 11:06:17 am »
Well, given the initial supply shortages that's a fairly rapid and high rate of vaccination. So it makes you wonder why they're hold out so long with the mask mandate. I guess they're still very concerned about the kids. Perhaps the goalpost might move in more favourable direction once approval to vaccinate kids under 12, hopefully sometime soon.

I'm just guessing but perhaps seeing how other countries ended up with zero restrictions.

Although outdoor masks might not be a thing for much longer. And not even indoor from early next year. The details will be revealed soon.

http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20211025000823

''Wearing masks will continue to be mandatory indoors at least through the first and second phases. Letting go of masks may be possible in the last phase, the headquarters hinted. ''

« Reply #13352 on: October 27, 2021, 12:33:07 pm »
Someone hit the house lights switch at Yongsan IMAX the other day during Dune. Right in the heat of the battle sequence.

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/to-go-to-the-bathroom-lighting-for-2-minutes-during-imax-screening-of-dune-%E7%94%B7-the-greatest-guank/

« Reply #13353 on: October 27, 2021, 12:43:34 pm »
Someone hit the house lights switch at Yongsan IMAX the other day during Dune. Right in the heat of the battle sequence.

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/to-go-to-the-bathroom-lighting-for-2-minutes-during-imax-screening-of-dune-%E7%94%B7-the-greatest-guank/
Well, could be worse. Old man could have shat himself in the aisle and then you have 20 minutes (or however long until the end) of sucktitude rather than 2.

« Reply #13354 on: October 27, 2021, 02:05:41 pm »
i would be UPSET. im going to see it in IMAX saturday, now i have to worry about the elderly's bowel movements

« Reply #13355 on: October 27, 2021, 02:07:51 pm »
i would be UPSET. im going to see it in IMAX saturday, now i have to worry about the elderly's bowel movements
Which IMAX?

« Reply #13356 on: October 27, 2021, 02:21:31 pm »
CGV in seomyeon

« Reply #13357 on: October 27, 2021, 02:29:03 pm »
To anyone in the know, are there any basic differences in content between the threads 'when will Trump be arrested? and 'Trump permanently banned from Twitter' and wasn't there a mega thread about him being impeached a while ago that ran to hundreds of pages and also had the same basic themes. And hasn't he also been out of office for several months now? I'm trying to envisage a world where people would still be contributing to multiple Theresa May threads nearly a year after she left but am finding it difficult.

« Reply #13358 on: October 27, 2021, 02:41:28 pm »
I'm trying to envisage a world where people would still be contributing to multiple Theresa May threads nearly a year after she left but am finding it difficult.
envisage harder? or perhaps you're just not cut out for the envisaging game (sorry..) but to answer your question, no. one of the usual suspects (for example, gogators) makes a new thread and then all the arguments are rehashed with little regard for whatever prompted the new thread

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #13359 on: October 27, 2021, 02:51:35 pm »
To anyone in the know, are there any basic differences in content between the threads 'when will Trump be arrested? and 'Trump permanently banned from Twitter' and wasn't there a mega thread about him being impeached a while ago that ran to hundreds of pages and also had the same basic themes. And hasn't he also been out of office for several months now? I'm trying to envisage a world where people would still be contributing to multiple Theresa May threads nearly a year after she left but am finding it difficult.

There has been an uptick of late and it's the usual argument going on in the different threads, more or less.  Cleaning the English class has finally become more of a time killer than waygook for me.  I'm checking in less and less, which quite frankly is everyone's loss because I'm probably the most interesting poster on here.  And for those of you sniping that instead of complaining about what crap others are posting I should put up my own interesting threads, you've clearly forgotten some of my recent contributions like "Wonder what I'll find in my fridge tonight that I should've thrown out months ago?"  or what I expected to be a real barn burner, "Jackets in Seoul."  Both of these are just some of my recent efforts that have been pushed off the recent topics page in favour of petty arguments I always avoid.  Hell, even some random VanIslander post like " Cat..!  Saw it.  7-11 lady.  Vancouver Island Triumph!!!."  would be welcome at this point.