Read 3336869 times

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #13320 on: October 26, 2021, 08:57:00 am »
You don't have to get tested to travel abroad. That depends on your destination. Some places require a negative test ( no more than 72 hours before departure) to even board the plane or enter said country. You can prepare this test at designated places all over the country. It costs 70-80k but there are some cheaper places too.
If someone is dumb enough to go to the airport without one, they can have it done there.
Korea doesn't require a negative test to exit the country!

Big announcements I'm waiting for are how Korea is going to produce a vaccine passport that is accepted abroad (U.S.) before February, and will I have to quarantine upon my return after a couple of weeks in the states?

• Lazio
  • Expert Waygook

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #13321 on: October 26, 2021, 09:02:19 am »
Big announcements I'm waiting for are how Korea is going to produce a vaccine passport that is accepted abroad (U.S.) before February, and will I have to quarantine upon my return after a couple of weeks in the states?

If you were vaccinated in Korea, you can re-enter without quarantine already. You need a negative pcr test at the place of departure and then once again they test everyone after arrival. Once you receive the negative result, you are good to go. At least that is how I understand it.
''Jealous of those who make more, have a 2 bedroom apartment to live in, ride a GIANT mountain bike, and drive a car that gets them around?  Well, I can't help myself.  It's too bad you are jealous of me for you having less. I am at least able to say I am living better than most ESLers '' hangook77

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #13322 on: October 26, 2021, 09:04:42 am »
If you were vaccinated in Korea, you can re-enter without quarantine already. You need a negative pcr test at the place of departure and then once again they test everyone after arrival. Once you receive the negative result, you are good to go. At least that is how I understand it.

This was my understanding of it. No quarantine necessary for the fully vaccinated. Need the negative test upon arrival so will probably need to spend a day or two at home depending on what time you arrive and can get a test done.
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" to me." - hangook77

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #13323 on: October 26, 2021, 09:18:43 am »

from what ive read you have to do the 14-day check thing but idk if that necessarily means self-quarantining or just filling out the thing on your phone daily. im def more interested on the first question. im sure my vaccination is recorded on my medical history somewhere but all the clinic gave me was some button, lol.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #13324 on: October 26, 2021, 09:26:27 am »
from what ive read you have to do the 14-day check thing but idk if that necessarily means self-quarantining or just filling out the thing on your phone daily. im def more interested on the first question. im sure my vaccination is recorded on my medical history somewhere but all the clinic gave me was some button, lol.

You can go to a local health center and have them print a certificate, in English, showing you have been vaccinated. There is also the coov app for digital proof of vaccination.
"I put quite a few pics online and got rated anywhere from 8.2 to 9.6 by lots of chicks. Of course, I can't claim to have the same looks now though Koreans are always saying "handsome" to me." - hangook77

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13325 on: October 26, 2021, 09:28:16 am »
You can go to a local health center and have them print a certificate, in English, showing you have been vaccinated. There is also the coov app for digital proof of vaccination.

true, but its not so much the local stuff im worried about. the question is whether the US will accept the print certificate or not

« Reply #13326 on: October 26, 2021, 09:33:13 am »
A bunch of users in different groups I'm in (and all of whom have successfully traveled out and returned to Korea) have confirmed that it will be. You just need to make sure it's an official document (if you get it from the local health center, it will be), and that it's in English. They won't accept the one in Korean. They also won't accept anything digital. Must be a hard copy. And I think you still have to get a PCR test done, both for outgoing and incoming.

I'd personally get two hard copies, one in English and one in Korean, just because I've read that some foreigners had some issues with some Korean airline companies not allowing them to board without having a hard copy in Korean, too (which is weird since the COOV app is supposed to be enough for them). Just best to have all of your bases covered.

Other than that, I've read that many states have different requirements and definitions for incoming travelers. What you're concerned about doesn't sound like a mandatory quarantine at all, regardless, but have you tried calling them?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 09:43:19 am by Chinguetti »

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #13327 on: October 26, 2021, 09:39:51 am »
true, but its not so much the local stuff im worried about. the question is whether the US will accept the print certificate or not

Good to know if I'm fully vaccinated here about coming back.  Thanks all. 

But, yes, this second part is key.  I want to book my flight for some Florida sunshine ASAP.

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #13328 on: October 26, 2021, 09:43:38 am »
Good to know if I'm fully vaccinated here about coming back.  Thanks all. 

But, yes, this second part is key.  I want to book my flight for some Florida sunshine ASAP.

The burden will be on the airline staff in Korea. They should recognise the hard copy of vaccination proof. You will also need a negative test result. Neither of these will be checked in the US. If you are worried about the ceritficate being accepted you can check with the airline you're flying with or book the covid test for 24 hours before the flight (to meet new requirements for the unvaccinated)

*EDIT* the unvaccinated part won't apply to non-US citizens. So best to check with the airline.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 09:50:00 am by D.L.Orean »

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #13329 on: October 26, 2021, 09:55:49 am »
A bunch of users in different groups I'm in (and all of whom have successfully traveled out and returned to Korea) have confirmed that it will be. You just need to make sure it's an official document (if you get it from the local health center, it will be), and that it's in English. They won't accept the one in Korean. They also won't accept anything digital. Must be a hard copy. And I think you still have to get a PCR test done, both for outgoing and incoming.

I'd personally get two hard copies, one in English and one in Korean, just because I've read that some foreigners had some issues with some Korean airline companies not allowing them to board without having a hard copy in Korean, too (which is weird since the COOV app is supposed to be enough for them). Just best to have all of your bases covered.

Other than that, I've read that many states have different requirements and definitions for incoming travelers. What you're concerned about doesn't sound like a mandatory quarantine at all, regardless, but have you tried calling them?

That's good.  I can't remember my COOV password, but I never use it anyways.  My Kakao QR code always says I'm fully vaccinated when I use it.  I guess I just need to figure out where my local health office is and try and get those documents in English and Korean. 

« Reply #13330 on: October 26, 2021, 10:28:57 am »
I've read on this forum so MANY times about feminism/feminazis/3rd wave feminists!  A lot of fear from a lot of men...I don't think a lot of men know what they are even complaining about when it comes to feminism at all.  They are focusing on a minority of radical feminists.  At its core feminism is just about equality. 

Perhaps some men are complaining, but I think most of us just find it to be a source of amusement. Building on what 745sticky said, people make their money on Youtube by mocking the same controversial topics/crowds over and over (3rd wave feminists, fat acceptance movement, trans activists). Most of us like to watch YouTube and listen to someone agree with us, there's a word for this phenomenon but I forget what it's called.

As far as 'legitimate' feminism goes, I think it's pretty redundant, particularly in the western world, where I can't think of any special legal right men have that women don't. Heck, if we look at Korea it's men who're required to sacrifice 2yrs of their life for military service.

I don't see the point of arguing for mens' rights, womens' rights, black people's rights or whoever's right.
Everyone has the same rights and no special privileges, that takes care of everyone.

The issue isn't about rights, it's about opportunities and I'm sorry to say, but no large-scale, functional society is able to provide equal opportunities for everyone, it just DOES NOT align with human nature.

« Reply #13331 on: October 26, 2021, 11:04:09 am »
yeah i'm sure lots of people find the "reeeeeeeeee" feminists entertaining but, in my opinion, their opposite is even more entertaining. i'm talking about the "b-b-b-but all the women are going to choose from a small pool of successful and handsome men and then i won't have a girlfriend and also the West will collapse" types

« Reply #13332 on: October 26, 2021, 11:20:42 am »
yeah i'm sure lots of people find the "reeeeeeeeee" feminists entertaining but, in my opinion, their opposite is even more entertaining. i'm talking about the "b-b-b-but all the women are going to choose from a small pool of successful and handsome men and then i won't have a girlfriend and also the West will collapse" types

You mean the incel crowd? Nah, 3rd wave feminists are entertaining with their bat-shit craziness, the incel crowd you've described just come off as pathetic... and sometimes disturbing, see Eliot Rodgers.

« Reply #13333 on: October 26, 2021, 11:32:08 am »
   22, 2021, 01:24:46 am
I've read on this forum so MANY times about feminism/feminazis/3rd wave feminists!  A lot of fear from a lot of men...I don't think a lot of men know what they are even complaining about when it comes to feminism at all.  They are focusing on a minority of radical feminists.  At its core feminism is just about equality.   

Firstly if you want to engage properly on this topic, avoid using weasel words like 'fear/anger etc. Which are designed to undermine opposing points of view by suggesting they stem from irrational emotions.
Secondly, don't listen to people like rhe woman who wrote that article who say things like 'if you're in favour of equality for women you're a feminist. This is as pointless as saying something like if you're not a racist you should support BLM or if you're in favour of economic prosperity, you're a Republican' . Obviously people can want the same thing but believe it can be achieved in different ways.
Lastly if you want to make the case for 'normal' feminists, tell people what specific issues they're campaigning for. If it's all woman shortlists, a government imposed 50/50 split in government company directors etc , making wolf whistling a hate crime, count me out. If it's about cracking down on FGM and forced marriages, providing cheaper childcare etc. sure why not?

« Reply #13334 on: October 26, 2021, 12:08:46 pm »
You mean the incel crowd? Nah, 3rd wave feminists are entertaining with their bat-shit craziness, the incel crowd you've described just come off as pathetic... and sometimes disturbing, see Eliot Rodgers.
yeah it can definitely get disturbing, especially the individuals themselves. i guess im talking more about being entertained by their "gurus" on youtube or wherever. those guys really have some "interesting" ideas

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13335 on: October 26, 2021, 12:17:16 pm »

tbh even at their peak the "reeeeeeeeee" feminists (or, more specifically, the compilation videos/reaction channels/etc mocking them) were never particularly entertaining, it just so happened that point and laugh was basically the trending content until youtube started kicking leafy and his ilk off the front page.

theres def a lot more interesting characters out there on the internet. i personally find wignat drama/infighting, which is almost always over something inanely dumb (especially in contrast to their political beliefs), particularly hilarious. that said unlike the far-left, the far-right is downright diabolical and thus are (appropriately) deplatformed enough to keep the the worst of them relegated to relative obscurity, which is probably part of why there was never an epidemic of epic incel fail videos. 

yeah it can definitely get disturbing, especially the individuals themselves. i guess im talking more about being entertained by their "gurus" on youtube or wherever. those guys really have some "interesting" ideas

im a shrigma male
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 12:19:03 pm by 745sticky »

• hangook77
  • Waygook Lord

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #13336 on: October 26, 2021, 01:43:56 pm »
No more ranting.  It's not hot anymore.  yay!
745sticky, Augustiner, Bakeacake, D.L.Orean, Lazio, Mithras, Renma, Rye are losers who are blocked.  Good riddance to them. They will still be in Korea 10 years from now unless they are retired.  Either way, they will be poor since all they know how to do is troll rather than work for something more

« Reply #13337 on: October 26, 2021, 02:46:43 pm »
Chester Jim is back and hangook77 made another reasoned, well thought out post! Best day ever!

• 745sticky
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #13338 on: October 26, 2021, 03:02:52 pm »
Jester Jim

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #13339 on: October 26, 2021, 07:26:09 pm »
Feb. 20, by when all distancing curbs will be scrapped except for mask-wearing mandates, a government health panel said.

I thought in 2022 fully vaccinated folk would no longer be forced to wear a mask. I thought wrong.

Maybe 2023?