Read 2728761 times

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #13180 on: September 16, 2021, 11:47:44 am »
I don't know about switchblades, but balisongs (butterfly knives) are dirt cheap and widely available in Korea.
They're a lot of fun to play with, unless you're a blithering idiot and spend an entire day grinding a nice edge, then hold onto the wrong part of the handle so that that the sparkly edged side of the blade swings against your fingers when you inevitably fail to close it properly and end up having to go to the clinic to sew up the huge gash on the back of your fingers and have to claim that you dropped a plate rather than admit to being a total dumb-ass while your friend is smirking the whole time because they know better and you have yet to live it down 5 years later.

This is too specific to be a hypothetical.

« Reply #13181 on: September 16, 2021, 12:15:15 pm »
I once had to get stitches in one of my fingers because I accidentally stabbed myself with an especially sharp pencil.

Everyone in the clinic I went to kept looking at me like I was an idiot. And yeah, I was an idiot, for being totally ****** honest about how I got that hole in my finger. I'd been watching a lot of House at the time, though, and didn't want to die of rabies or worse just because I couldn't tell the truth. Ended up getting a shot in my butt, too.

I hate this story, lol.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #13182 on: September 16, 2021, 12:18:29 pm »
Hypotheticals can be specific!

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #13183 on: September 16, 2021, 12:27:13 pm »
I suspect that the shot in the butt was punishment for being an idiot  because graphene can't host either rabies or tetanus which is what those shots are often for.
Although on second thought it mightve been some kind of antibiotic/vitamin cocktail that docs here are so fond of, which would make sense.

And sometimes lying your butt off is a *great* idea.
I tripped and got hopelessly tangled up with some barbed wire in Beijing. Some of the cuts got badly infected, and I had to go to the hospital to have necrotic tissue cut out. Fever or no, I had the presence of mind not to mention trespassing etc to the doctors there. The clinic I got dumped in, by the way, was pretty amazing: everybody there had nearly perfect English, the offices were super high-tech and clean as well. Definitely exceeded my expectations. Travel insurance (world nomads)  covered nearly everything.

« Reply #13184 on: September 16, 2021, 12:36:08 pm »
I once had to get stitches in one of my fingers because I accidentally stabbed myself with an especially sharp pencil

This reminds me of a couple of years ago. A boy in my class started crying really hard. I turned around to see what was wrong and saw that another boy had stabbed him in the arm with his pencil. Bleeding nicely, so off to the hospital. A couple of stitches.

The 'stabber' had always had learning problems, and a flash temper. To quote another student "He's broken." The 'stabbee' was, and still is, the nicest, smartest kid you'll meet. It was all over sitting too close.

That was his last day. Relief all round. The kid still unerves me when I see him on the street

• D.L.Orean
  • Expert Waygook

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #13185 on: September 16, 2021, 12:39:47 pm »
This reminds me of a couple of years ago. A boy in my class started crying really hard. I turned around to see what was wrong and saw that another boy had stabbed him in the arm with his pencil. Bleeding nicely, so off to the hospital. A couple of stitches.

The 'stabber' had always had learning problems, and a flash temper. To quote another student "He's broken." The 'stabbee' was, and still is, the nicest, smartest kid you'll meet. It was all over sitting too close.

That was his last day. Relief all round. The kid still unerves me when I see him on the street

He's hiding in the shadows. Pencil in hand. Waiting for the right moment to strike. Be careful out there.

« Reply #13186 on: September 16, 2021, 12:51:56 pm »
I tell you mate, He has the kind of eyes that look empty.
Every times I see him. He says an expressionless hello, and follows me with those eyes.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #13187 on: September 16, 2021, 12:56:37 pm »
Don't lead him too close or he'll erase you. It'll look like something out of an HB Lovecraft novel!

« Reply #13188 on: September 16, 2021, 01:01:50 pm »
I suspect that the shot in the butt was punishment for being an idiot  because graphene can't host either rabies or tetanus which is what those shots are often for.
Although on second thought it mightve been some kind of antibiotic/vitamin cocktail that docs here are so fond of, which would make sense.

According to House, it definitely could have been rabies. This would have been clued in by the fact that the initial treatment of my wound resulted in me going into a coma and bleeding out of my ass. Then the diligent doctors of the ER, after finally managing to get me stable enough to wake me up from said coma, would have confronted me about my dishonesty and eventually gotten me to confess that I had not, in fact, gotten injured while wrestling with a bear; however, I'll still be too embarrassed to give them a straight answer, so then the doctors would have had to break into my school for answers because what other choice had I given them? And then they'd come across the offending pencil, which they'd know is the right one because it'd still have blood on it and also the right shape for the hole in my finger. But they'd also notice the chew marks along the pencil's shaft, and they'd take it in for testing, upon which the test results would confirm their suspicions: an animal infected with rabies had been chewing on it prior to my using it. So then the mystery would be solved but I'll be dead in 24 hours because rabies is a death sentence once symptoms appear, and it's my own damn fault had I just been honest about it sooner.

I was going to say it was probably for antibiotics, but I actually do remember them saying that the shot was for tetanus because I couldn't tell them the last time I had gotten a tetanus shot, lol. I don't know if it was because of my pencil injury or if it's because they thought I should have it, though.  :undecided:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 01:13:17 pm by Chinguetti »

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #13189 on: September 16, 2021, 01:15:01 pm »
Did you know that emergency rabies shots used to be administrated in sets of 20 with large bore needles right into the belly (stomach adipose tissue)?  Yikes.  :huh:

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #13190 on: September 16, 2021, 01:17:35 pm »
According to House, it definitely could have been rabies. This would have been clued in by the fact that the initial treatment of my wound resulted in me going into a coma and bleeding out of my ass. Then the diligent doctors of the ER, after finally managing to get me stable enough to wake me up from said coma, would have confronted me about my dishonesty and eventually gotten me to confess that I had not, in fact, gotten injured while wrestling with a bear; however, I'll still be too embarrassed to give them a straight answer, so then the doctors would have had to break into my school for answers because what other choice had I given them? And then they'd come across the offending pencil, which they'd know is the right one because it'd still have blood on it and also the right shape for the hole in my finger. But they'd also notice the chew marks along the pencil's shaft, and they'd take it in for testing, upon which the test results would confirm their suspicions: an animal infected with rabies had been chewing on it prior to my using it. So then the mystery would be solved but I'll be dead in 24 hours because rabies is a death sentence once symptoms appear, and it's my own damn fault had I just been honest about it sooner.

I was going to say it was probably for antibiotics, but I actually do remember them saying that the shot was for tetanus because I couldn't tell them the last time I had gotten a tetanus shot, lol. I don't know if it was because of my pencil injury or if it's because they thought I should have it, though.  :undecided:

HaHa, I think you finally edited it so that no one can come back with any snarky "That's what she said" comments.  The original version was really asking for it with "They insisted on poking me in the butt." 

« Reply #13191 on: September 16, 2021, 01:23:27 pm »
Did you know that emergency rabies shots used to be administrated in sets of 20 with large bore needles right into the belly (stomach adipose tissue)?  Yikes.  :huh:

Yeah, my dad had to go through the experience after he was bitten by a racoon, lol. I don't think it had to be 20 at the time, though, it was more like... 5? I guess that's how much they managed to improve the process, haha.

Apparently still painful, though.

HaHa, I think you finally edited it so that no one can come back with any snarky "That's what she said" comments.  The original version was really asking for it with "They insisted on poking me in the butt."

ShhhhHhhHhhHhh.  >:(

« Reply #13192 on: September 16, 2021, 03:49:09 pm »
Or maybe he had to get sets of 20 five times?  :shocked:

It was one of his war stories from before my time, and I can't ask him about it now.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #13193 on: September 21, 2021, 02:15:32 am »
Get the hate out of your heart.

Breathe!

Let that "bug" in your bathroom live.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #13194 on: September 21, 2021, 09:56:32 am »
Get the hate out of your heart.

Breathe!

Let that "bug" in your bathroom live.

Donít use my personal email address that you are able to access because you are inexplicably a mod to send me harassing emails.  I am glad I didnít pay to join this site so you donít have access to my credit card details.  Creepy and inappropriate and immature on your part.  Please donít do it again. Iím asking you politely to acknowledge this and apologize.  Donít just delete and pretend you didnít do it. 

• chimp
  • Veteran

• April 19, 2015, 05:16:31 am
    • Zoo
« Reply #13195 on: September 21, 2021, 10:16:54 am »
Donít use my personal email address that you are able to access because you are inexplicably a mod to send me harassing emails.  I am glad I didnít pay to join this site so you donít have access to my credit card details.  Creepy and inappropriate and immature on your part.  Please donít do it again. Iím asking you politely to acknowledge this and apologize.  Donít just delete and pretend you didnít do it. 

What did the emails say?
oo oo ahh ahh

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #13196 on: September 21, 2021, 10:23:28 am »
What did the emails say?

The inappropriateness wasnít so much the content as the fact that he accessed my private information to send me email.  There is a message function on here he couldíve used.  Why he didnít I am not sure. Another user came on and said Van had used his personal email as well but Van quickly deleted our discussion.  Anyways, that is info that is used to register on the site.  Not for him to use to contact us outside of waygook.org.  His doing this might explain the lack of female participation on this site.  Van scaring people away.   Because he deletes all discussion that calls him out we canít know who else he has creeped on.  Vanislander, the journalist warrior oddly takes a strong stand against free speech.  Our comments here will be deleted once he wakes up from his soju slumber. 

• nightninja
  • Expert Waygook

• April 02, 2018, 03:20:32 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #13197 on: September 24, 2021, 03:37:33 pm »
bring lunch to school because I dont eat the school lunch to be a bit healthier......brin g cup rice today cause no time to prepare anything.....microw ave said lunch take it out of the microwave and trip over cables running across the floor......food goes everywhere and I spend the entire lunch time cleaning the floor, my coteachers fan and fridge......i was super hungry......ended up eating chips.....happy friday

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #13198 on: September 28, 2021, 01:47:53 pm »
What is with the ridiculous amount of copycats making a "Reaction to..." channel on Youtube?  It's become ridiculous.  How many Black couples have to make a channel reacting to classic white rock so that white people can watch and say "Oh my God!  I knew Let It Be and Wuthering Heights would blow anyone away?"  We got Jamel_AKA_Jamal already doing fine. And White U.S. college kids? Andy and Alex have had you covered for awhile now.  It's getting out of hand.  And so many of them are full of sh*t.  Love it, hate it or indifferent I don't believe anyone has not heard Hey Jude.  One of the reasons I like the two channels I mentioned above is that they're honest about already knowing some of the music.  Jamel explained he would never play Beastie Boys because they've always been one of his favourites and no reaction video to any of their stuff would be genuine.  The two Black guys who are beyond high when they put out a video is good, but it usually has nothing to do with their reaction to the music.  Those dudes are already hearing colours and seeing music. 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #13199 on: September 28, 2021, 01:49:28 pm »
What is with the ridiculous amount of copycats making a "Reaction to..." channel on Youtube?   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEG_h2xB3g0