Read 2818167 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #13160 on: August 13, 2021, 11:50:58 am »
The inside of my nostril started itching while I was in the middle of class.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #13161 on: August 14, 2021, 07:47:17 pm »
In every nation of the world there are more boys born than girls.

Absent gender selective abortion, there are around 105 males per 100 females at birth.

It's almost as if Mother Nature is a misandrist troll.

In China, the world's most populous country, the ratio is 115:100.

In India, the second most populous, which also has over a billion, it's 111:100.

In the Middle East, when men take four wives, that leaves others with zero.

My heart breaks for the guys who want to get married, but can't.

https://ourworldindata.org/sex-ratio-at-birth

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #13162 on: August 14, 2021, 10:08:51 pm »
How could my dad be the same man who grew veggies and fruit in his garden regularly yet stepped away to smoke tobacco continually?

(He was healthy as an Olympian until age 75. Then he suffered a car accident and the oh so wise doctors prescribed a liquid malt carb diet that exactly coincidentally matched cancer growth rates for casein and excess carbs. Two years later, surprise, surprise, he succumbed to cancer.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 10:10:52 pm by VanIslander »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #13163 on: August 14, 2021, 10:59:23 pm »
In every nation of the world there are more boys born than girls.

Absent gender selective abortion, there are around 105 males per 100 females at birth.

It's almost as if Mother Nature is a misandrist troll.

In China, the world's most populous country, the ratio is 115:100.

In India, the second most populous, which also has over a billion, it's 111:100.

In the Middle East, when men take four wives, that leaves others with zero.

My heart breaks for the guys who want to get married, but can't.

https://ourworldindata.org/sex-ratio-at-birth

Well, you start off pretty well, with the "absent gender selective abortion" bit, but then ignore the China and India imbalance. 

However, there's probably evolutionary effects going on.  Male infants more often suffer from health complications than female infants.  Boys and men tend also to die younger due to being idiots and due to war (though I repeat myself). 

The widely-accepted answer to this question was first put forth by Sir Ronald Fisher, a renowned evolutionary biologist who worked in the first half of the 20th century. Fisher's Principle holds that differences in the sex ratio will tend to diminish over time because of the reproductive advantage automatically held by members of the minority sex. Suppose, for example, that male births were far less common than female births. If this were the case, then newborn males would naturally have better mating prospects than newborn females, and could expect to have more offspring. Parents who are genetically disposed to produce males will thus tend to have more grandchildren, and so their male-producing genes will spread, and male births will become more common. Gradually the population will approach a gender balance.
https://www.livescience.com/33491-male-female-sex-ratio.html

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #13164 on: August 15, 2021, 01:20:57 am »
More female than male embryos are offset by the more sustained development of the male.

There should be an extra million women for every billion men, but there aren't.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #13165 on: August 15, 2021, 12:39:15 pm »
In areas without gender selected abortion and female infanticide, there are still more men than women until middle age (when women's fertility window closes). Why? Nature. Miscarriages are more likely to be female. Cave people aren't killing each other in tribal warfare, as civilization has advanced.

USA:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/241488/population-of-the-us-by-sex-and-age/

Canada:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/444858/canada-resident-population-by-gender-and-age-group/

Where preferences for a son led to aborted female fetuses, the imbalance is more severe.

In South Korea, the 20 to 29-year-old age bracket has 113.7 males per 100 females.

Worldwide at age 20, 106.636 males for every 100 females. Only at age 50 do women begin to outnumber men. Could the men without partners partner with the women over 50? Well, they could, but those women are no longer biologically capable of bearing children, meaning the man's dream of having a family will go unfulfilled.

https://statisticstimes.com/demographics/world-sex-ratio.php

« Reply #13166 on: August 15, 2021, 01:33:08 pm »
In areas without gender selected abortion and female infanticide, there are still more men than women until middle age (when women's fertility window closes). Why? Nature. Miscarriages are more likely to be female. Cave people aren't killing each other in tribal warfare, as civilization has advanced.

USA:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/241488/population-of-the-us-by-sex-and-age/

Canada:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/444858/canada-resident-population-by-gender-and-age-group/

Where preferences for a son led to aborted female fetuses, the imbalance is more severe.

In South Korea, the 20 to 29-year-old age bracket has 113.7 males per 100 females.

Worldwide at age 20, 106.636 males for every 100 females. Only at age 50 do women begin to outnumber men. Could the men without partners partner with the women over 50? Well, they could, but those women are no longer biologically capable of bearing children, meaning the man's dream of having a family will go unfulfilled.

https://statisticstimes.com/demographics/world-sex-ratio.php

From the moments before conception till the death rattle, we are competing.

No man is entitled to a woman, he has to compete with other men. Same for women.

If you're struggling to attract a mate it means your relationship/dating value is low. Good news is that there are numerous
ways for both sexes to make themselves more attractive.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

« Reply #13167 on: August 15, 2021, 01:45:29 pm »
I wish "There's someone out there for everyone." could be true. A surplus of men means women's standards will go up. A lot of blokes will become incel.

« Reply #13168 on: August 15, 2021, 05:54:01 pm »
I wish "There's someone out there for everyone." could be true. A surplus of men means women's standards will go up. A lot of blokes will become incel.

If that were true we probably wouldn't exist. Humankind thrives because we are driven by 200 000yrs of instinct to find the best mate so we can raise strong offspring. All of our male ancestors were able to outrun/outsmart the Wooly Mammoth while our female ancestors were resilient and clever enough to nurture and raise strong kids. The drive to attract a good mate is what makes us take care of our physique, learn manners, study, get good jobs etc.

The ones in trouble are the ones whose game extends to nothing further than "Send pics of bobs and vagene?" or fat, angry internet trolls who're upset that hot girls don't go for "Nice guys like him".

Not to sound cold, but I can't feel sympathy for most grown men who can't find someone. While some have more than others, I believe almost every guy has a certain amount of drive to get what he wants or make things happen for him. The entitled ones who refuse to make an effort and opt to just blame society or others because they can't get laid have put themselves in that position and nature is doing what it does to keep their bitch genes out of the pool.

Nature isn't kind, but it is fair.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 05:56:41 pm by Aristocrat »

« Reply #13169 on: September 16, 2021, 08:26:09 am »
Why do I always get looks of irritation whenever someone asks me where I'm partying and I tell them that I'm not?

Never fails, I'm in a daiso or something, someone approaches me asking for directions for somewhere, and after I give it to them they ask me where I'm partying. Then they get all pissy-faced when I tell them that I'm going home.

****** hell, dude, I'm wearing an oversized shirt with a bleach stain on it and yoga pants and sneakers. Does it look like I'm about to go party? Wtf.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #13170 on: September 16, 2021, 09:02:59 am »
Why do I always get looks of irritation whenever someone asks me where I'm partying and I tell them that I'm not?

Never fails, I'm in a daiso or something, someone approaches me asking for directions for somewhere, and after I give it to them they ask me where I'm partying. Then they get all pissy-faced when I tell them that I'm going home.

****** hell, dude, I'm wearing an oversized shirt with a bleach stain on it and yoga pants and sneakers. Does it look like I'm about to go party? Wtf.

Is "where are you partying?" code for something here? maybe some new young-people lingo? :O
I think, one of the foreign teachers who left my area, did so because guys kept doing stuff like that to her.
Sucks people are annoying you in that way too. Stay safe, Chinguetti!

• CO4
  • Adventurer

• April 22, 2020, 07:49:38 pm
    • All seeing eye
« Reply #13171 on: September 16, 2021, 09:10:33 am »
I take a few months off of reading this hell hole, browse for a couple of days and nothing has changed.  Absolutely nothing.

Hangook still hasn't gone to China, Tyler still the world's biggest virtue signalling soyboy and Chinguetti kool aid manning through the wall with her 700th post about how hot she is and that men can't resist hitting on her.

Change the record people!

Although I seem to have missed the story about CO2 getting fired...what happened buddy?   :shocked::shocked:

« Reply #13172 on: September 16, 2021, 09:20:21 am »
Is "where are you partying?" code for something here? maybe some new young-people lingo? :O
I think, one of the foreign teachers who left my area, did so because guys kept doing stuff like that to her.
Sucks people are annoying you in that way too. Stay safe, Chinguetti!

Nah, it's the same here as it is back home as far as I know, they're either just hoping you'll give them an "in" to hook up with you (pretty much guaranteed that's what they want if it's a Korean man), or they're not from around the area and are hoping you'll give them the details for some good partying somewhere.

Either way, I'm the wrong person to be asking, lol. It's always the creepiest dudes at the most inappropriate times, too. Anyway, no worries, I always have my trusty shank on me, thanks for the looking out!

Chinguetti kool aid manning through the wall with her 700th post about how hot she is and that men can't resist hitting on her.

No means no, CO4, take a hint.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 09:24:49 am by Chinguetti »

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #13173 on: September 16, 2021, 09:29:29 am »
Nah, it's the same here as it is back home as far as I know, they're either just hoping you'll give them an "in" to hook up with you (pretty much guaranteed that's what they want if it's a Korean man), or they're not from around the area and are hoping you'll give them the details for some good partying somewhere.

So, what I'm getting out of this is that the ladies in yoga pants in Daiso are down to party.  Good to know.  I'm not sure I've ever stepped into one of those places.  That's going to change this weekend, fer sure eh.

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #13174 on: September 16, 2021, 09:40:14 am »
Tyler still the world's biggest virtue signalling soyboy

lol. fair, i guess i dont virtue-signal enough (on this website) to beat him in this distinction

« Reply #13175 on: September 16, 2021, 09:43:52 am »
So, what I'm getting out of this is that the ladies in yoga pants in Daiso are down to party.  Good to know.  I'm not sure I've ever stepped into one of those places.  That's going to change this weekend, fer sure eh.

Not just in Daiso. You need to chase them down in grocery store parking lots, and hover near them at bus stops, too. Everyone knows those are the best places to find ladies who can party hard. Bonus points if they have more than one stain on their shirts and have their hair up in messy top-knots. That basically screams "hot girl summer," and you should totally follow them home to seal the deal.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #13176 on: September 16, 2021, 10:23:50 am »

Either way, I'm the wrong person to be asking, lol. It's always the creepiest dudes at the most inappropriate times, too. Anyway, no worries, I always have my trusty shank on me, thanks for the looking out!

No means no, CO4, take a hint.

I got hit on by a creepy gay dude late last year, and when I told him I'm straight but don't care that he is gay, he got creepier and tried to convert me.
So after he got a bit too creepy, I said: "I carry a switchblade on me, and I enjoy using it." It freaked him out and then he left me alone haha. For the record, I don't own a switchblade. At least not yet... :P

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #13177 on: September 16, 2021, 10:28:07 am »
lol. fair, i guess i dont virtue-signal enough (on this website) to beat him in this distinction
i have the high ground
more gg more skill

« Reply #13178 on: September 16, 2021, 10:55:35 am »
I got hit on by a creepy gay dude late last year, and when I told him I'm straight but don't care that he is gay, he got creepier and tried to convert me.
So after he got a bit too creepy, I said: "I carry a switchblade on me, and I enjoy using it." It freaked him out and then he left me alone haha. For the record, I don't own a switchblade. At least not yet... :P

Like I totally don't have a shank... or do I? 

You'll never know until it's too late.  :shocked:

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #13179 on: September 16, 2021, 11:15:19 am »
"I carry a switchblade on me, and I enjoy using it." It freaked him out and then he left me alone haha. For the record, I don't own a switchblade. At least not yet... :P
I don't know about switchblades, but balisongs (butterfly knives) are dirt cheap and widely available in Korea.
They're a lot of fun to play with, unless you're a blithering idiot and spend an entire day grinding a nice edge, then hold onto the wrong part of the handle so that that the sparkly edged side of the blade swings against your fingers when you inevitably fail to close it properly and end up having to go to the clinic to sew up the huge gash on the back of your fingers and have to claim that you dropped a plate rather than admit to being a total dumb-ass while your friend is smirking the whole time because they know better and you have yet to live it down 5 years later.