Read 2405873 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #12860 on: January 04, 2021, 01:47:17 pm »
I got told off by a parkie today for letting my 5 year old throw a small stone onto the surface of a frozen pond. What's next? You're not allowed to pick up a stick or kick through a pile of leaves?

A guy from Parkiestan??
ETA 2day 4hour 45min to next reboot.
DO NOT UNPLUG

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #12861 on: January 04, 2021, 02:06:36 pm »
I got told off by a parkie today for letting my 5 year old throw a small stone onto the surface of a frozen pond. What's next? You're not allowed to pick up a stick or kick through a pile of leaves?
korea is soooo full of jobsworths. i wonder what goes through these people's minds. it's like a child's smile is their worst enemy

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #12862 on: January 04, 2021, 02:52:03 pm »
A guy from Parkiestan??

Nah, he definitely wasn't posh

« Reply #12863 on: January 05, 2021, 01:42:23 pm »
I can imagine that Amazon is just as frustrated with Korean customs as I am.

When registering a delivery address on Amazon, you're given the option to register an import code for customs. Previously, this was a problem as the input field only allowed you to input a code, inputting a DOB or passport number yielded an error message. This makes things silly as Korean customs keeps telling us that foreigners are to use their DOB or Passport number as the code. Fine, you log onto Korean customs and get a code.

Amazon changes their input field and you're now free to input a DOB, passport number or clearance code, so I use my passport number.

No, Korean customs still sends messages asking for my DOB/passport number (seems this changes like the colour of the the agent's socks and the clearance code isn't allowed for foreigners anymore). So.... I go to their website, via the Kakao message link and input my passport number and address... why my address? Wouldn't the package have the freakin' address listed?  Anyway, after inputting the passport number I'm asked (Is this item from an online shopping mall?), it's from Amazon so I click yes.

"Sorry, if the item is from an online shopping mall, please input your DOB."
FFS, I input my DOB and guess what? "Invalid entry, please input your passport number"

« Reply #12864 on: January 06, 2021, 07:38:44 am »
Ugh, so the gate dude has stopped unlocking the back gate since no students are here now and the cafeteria ladies just told me I can't use their gate anymore. (It's right next to the back gate, but they have their own key so it was still unlocked) So now I have to go through the front entrance.... it's a good extra 5 minutes walk (this is after my 10 min usual walk) Wouldn't mind normally except it's cold af here.....

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #12865 on: January 06, 2021, 07:48:01 am »
When registering a delivery address on Amazon, you're given the option to register an import code for customs.

Yeah, Coupang does this, too. What's the point of asking me once and then asking me again for half of my Rocket Jigu orders? IT'S ME, KEVIN. THE SAME GUY.
ETA 2day 4hour 45min to next reboot.
DO NOT UNPLUG

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #12866 on: January 06, 2021, 07:56:03 am »
Yeah, Coupang does this, too. What's the point of asking me once and then asking me again for half of my Rocket Jigu orders? IT'S ME, KEVIN. THE SAME GUY.

I find with Amazon I get the request for passport # (I also submitted my customs clearance code when I first registered) when it's a different courier, or I haven't had something delivered from that courier in a while.  It's annoying, but there does seem to be some kind of pattern.  If it happens to be Lotte delivering and I haven't had something from them in some time I'll get the kakao message I have to reply to, but if something else comes through Lotte within a month or so, no message. 

« Reply #12867 on: January 06, 2021, 08:03:33 am »
I find with Amazon I get the request for passport # (I also submitted my customs clearance code when I first registered) when it's a different courier, or I haven't had something delivered from that courier in a while.  It's annoying, but there does seem to be some kind of pattern.  If it happens to be Lotte delivering and I haven't had something from them in some time I'll get the kakao message I have to reply to, but if something else comes through Lotte within a month or so, no message. 

Seems the new thing is to input a letter + a two letter country code (South Africa is ZA) in front of your passport number otherwise it doesn't work. This seems idiotic because, unless I'm mistaken, the first two letters/numbers of your passport are in fact the passport code of your country.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #12868 on: January 06, 2021, 02:44:56 pm »

Get this everyf*ckingtime now with Coupang. I use the same name and personal customs number each time and still I get the text about my personal customs number couldn't be confirmed bla bla bla.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12869 on: January 06, 2021, 03:27:20 pm »
i never get this. you guys should get new names

but really, not having a middle name is a huge blessing

« Reply #12870 on: January 06, 2021, 08:45:57 pm »
Ugh, so the gate dude has stopped unlocking the back gate since no students are here now and the cafeteria ladies just told me I can't use their gate anymore. (It's right next to the back gate, but they have their own key so it was still unlocked) So now I have to go through the front entrance.... it's a good extra 5 minutes walk (this is after my 10 min usual walk) Wouldn't mind normally except it's cold af here.....

Just use the cafeteria gate anyway. What do you think they're going to do? Piss in your kimchi?

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #12871 on: January 06, 2021, 10:26:49 pm »
Piss in your kimchi?
That explains the tart, sour taste. Dang you ajumma!

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #12872 on: January 11, 2021, 03:37:23 pm »
When you have allergies and your tissues are scented.

0 <itchy nose>
1 <sneeze into tissue>
2 goto 0

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12873 on: January 11, 2021, 03:40:02 pm »
just finished my vacation. students are still online, yet i have to go to school and conduct online classes in an empty classroom from tomorrow

literally why

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #12874 on: January 12, 2021, 07:52:55 am »
My internet at home was down for about 10 minutes last night, and I was really worried about what I was going to do with the rest of my life.

• dippedinblush
  • Expert Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #12875 on: January 12, 2021, 09:20:57 pm »
I think Korean is such a pretty language....
BUT>>>There is one word I can not stand hearing and that is 햄버거/hamburger.  I hate the sound of 햄버거...its not a konglish hate thing,.....its the sound of the word...its skeeves me out and makes me physically cringe

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12876 on: January 15, 2021, 02:56:08 pm »
genuinely: why do my posts get deleted on the job board? i only pointed for one job that the contract was for 10 months, not a year, so you wouldn't get severance.

that's only helping out people who might apply to stop them getting ripped off

what's going on? i'm trying to be helpful, not negative

« Reply #12877 on: March 29, 2021, 03:32:34 pm »
I'm truly so done with my co-teacher that I've had for the past three years. She always just sits in the back and works on her "paperwork" because she's just "so busy" and never helps. The first year I asked her to help more because the students that year were really unruly and had gotten so bad to the point that they were climbing their desks and chairs during class time (mind you this was middle school grade 2 students and it was on a day when my co-teacher just didn't come to class at all, something she frequently does...cause she's so busy with her paperwork.), and she was good for a few weeks and then just went back to the same old routine. Then last year was better because she switched to grade 1 and also corona had most students at home a majority of the time. Now we are almost back to normal and it's the same thing again. I teach a majority of my classes with her, upon demand from the Principal and VP, in both grades 1 & 2, and she either just doesn't show up at all or leaves early cause she's just....so....freak ing....busy (literally what she's always telling me.)

Today she left early during my grade 1 class, which was somewhat okay because those students' English levels are higher than G2 students and they understand me fairly well, then the very next period (which is G2) she just didn't show up at all and that class was horrible. There's a special needs boy in the class and every time he yells or just speaks in a loud voice all of the other students just crack up laughing and it take a good few minutes to get them to focus again. I finally gave up doing anything around the game time and just had them do some homework because they refused to do the game I made. Then, my third class of the day with her, she yet again sat in the back and zones me out so much that she literally didn't hear my speaking in a loud voice (I wouldn't quite say I was yelling, I was just a level below and getting close to it) to a boy who was straight up refusing to do what I'd asked and just walked out of my class. She literally didn't look up or do anything until the kid was out the door. Of course later it's just "he has issues....blah blah blah....we need to endure him...blah blah blah".

I'm just truly done with her. Also 4 years was definitely too long for me to stay at this one school - deeply wishing I'd transferred.

• DocH
  • Veteran

• March 01, 2021, 11:25:39 am
    • pub
« Reply #12878 on: March 30, 2021, 02:19:32 am »
genuinely: why do my posts get deleted on the job board? i only pointed for one job that the contract was for 10 months, not a year, so you wouldn't get severance.

Perhaps the moderators are on the cancel culture bandwagon, as well? 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #12879 on: March 30, 2021, 06:55:07 am »

Perhaps the moderators are on the cancel culture bandwagon, as well?
Just gonna pop in and say that this question ("Why have my comments on job postings been deleted?") has been asked several times on various different threads, and has also been answered at length several times. At length! Lengthy length! Mr.DeMartino length!

Also, just to clarify, I don't usually mod the job posting boards so the reasons I gave here may or may not be the reasons why *your* particular comments were deleted.

I'm wondering, would it be better if somebody amended the TOS (somebody who isn't me, as I don't have the permissions to edit it. Fortunately, probably!) and mentioned this issue specifically?

Also also: the only time I ever hear or read the word "bandwagon" is when people are falling off of it, soooo...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 08:22:49 am by Kyndo »