Read 2245566 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #12860 on: December 30, 2020, 08:16:22 am »
Nice.

I hope you get a lot of use out of it. I bought one a while ago because I wanted to be able to do cardio in my apartment without disturbing my lower neighbors, but I ended up selling it off later because I didn't like how much space it took up in my little one-room, haha.

Took me over an hour to get the pedals attached, too. I should probably start looking for a bigger place. But moving in Korea is such a chore.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #12861 on: December 30, 2020, 08:21:00 am »
The rest of the bike ended up arriving yesterday, and the seat that arrived first was like a free gift, so a spare seat, or can change to it for more comfort or whatever.
The new exercise bike is really comfortable :D so can start using it today

Lucky! Now you can have your bike and seat it too!

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #12862 on: December 30, 2020, 12:44:10 pm »
Nice.

I hope you get a lot of use out of it. I bought one a while ago because I wanted to be able to do cardio in my apartment without disturbing my lower neighbors, but I ended up selling it off later because I didn't like how much space it took up in my little one-room, haha.

Took me over an hour to get the pedals attached, too. I should probably start looking for a bigger place. But moving in Korea is such a chore.

Oh damn. I first bought one 3 weeks ago, but the seat was too uncomfortable and never used it. So, I donated it to my school, as a couple of the teachers were interested in using it, and then got this new one. It's much more comfy.
I live out in the wops and have a small 3 bedroom apartment, so, I have the space for a mini home gym set up. My bench and squat rack takes the bulk of my gym space, but I can store the bike next to the bench and have enough room to walk around :D

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #12863 on: December 30, 2020, 12:44:24 pm »
Lucky! Now you can have your bike and seat it too!

Sure can! :D

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• NZ
« Reply #12864 on: December 31, 2020, 10:10:47 am »
I feel like a huge jackass.
We were doing straw weaving in my class earlier. The top student at doing that, wound the wool up too tightly, that she couldn't get the straws out.
She asked me to do it for her. After using what I thought was reasonable force, it wouldn't even budge for me either. So I put in a bit more oomph into it and got the ball rolling, but it ruined the bracelet at the same time.
The student asked to make 1 more, and I said sure, as I got told I can use the periods after mine to carry on if the students want, or need the extra time. However, that got changed last minute and the students had to go elsewhere, which made the student get really upset. >.<
I did apologize a lot, and explained what happened to the co-teacher, who just laughed.
I still feel like crap over it though. >.<

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #12865 on: January 04, 2021, 01:40:44 pm »
I got told off by a parkie today for letting my 5 year old throw a small stone onto the surface of a frozen pond. What's next? You're not allowed to pick up a stick or kick through a pile of leaves?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #12866 on: January 04, 2021, 01:47:17 pm »
I got told off by a parkie today for letting my 5 year old throw a small stone onto the surface of a frozen pond. What's next? You're not allowed to pick up a stick or kick through a pile of leaves?

A guy from Parkiestan??
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #12867 on: January 04, 2021, 02:06:36 pm »
korea is soooo full of jobsworths. i wonder what goes through these people's minds. it's like a child's smile is their worst enemy

• stoat
  • The Legend

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #12868 on: January 04, 2021, 02:52:03 pm »
A guy from Parkiestan??

Nah, he definitely wasn't posh

« Reply #12869 on: January 05, 2021, 01:42:23 pm »
I can imagine that Amazon is just as frustrated with Korean customs as I am.

When registering a delivery address on Amazon, you're given the option to register an import code for customs. Previously, this was a problem as the input field only allowed you to input a code, inputting a DOB or passport number yielded an error message. This makes things silly as Korean customs keeps telling us that foreigners are to use their DOB or Passport number as the code. Fine, you log onto Korean customs and get a code.

Amazon changes their input field and you're now free to input a DOB, passport number or clearance code, so I use my passport number.

No, Korean customs still sends messages asking for my DOB/passport number (seems this changes like the colour of the the agent's socks and the clearance code isn't allowed for foreigners anymore). So.... I go to their website, via the Kakao message link and input my passport number and address... why my address? Wouldn't the package have the freakin' address listed?  Anyway, after inputting the passport number I'm asked (Is this item from an online shopping mall?), it's from Amazon so I click yes.

"Sorry, if the item is from an online shopping mall, please input your DOB."
FFS, I input my DOB and guess what? "Invalid entry, please input your passport number"

« Reply #12870 on: January 06, 2021, 07:38:44 am »
Ugh, so the gate dude has stopped unlocking the back gate since no students are here now and the cafeteria ladies just told me I can't use their gate anymore. (It's right next to the back gate, but they have their own key so it was still unlocked) So now I have to go through the front entrance.... it's a good extra 5 minutes walk (this is after my 10 min usual walk) Wouldn't mind normally except it's cold af here.....

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #12871 on: January 06, 2021, 07:48:01 am »
When registering a delivery address on Amazon, you're given the option to register an import code for customs.

Yeah, Coupang does this, too. What's the point of asking me once and then asking me again for half of my Rocket Jigu orders? IT'S ME, KEVIN. THE SAME GUY.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #12872 on: January 06, 2021, 07:56:03 am »
Yeah, Coupang does this, too. What's the point of asking me once and then asking me again for half of my Rocket Jigu orders? IT'S ME, KEVIN. THE SAME GUY.

I find with Amazon I get the request for passport # (I also submitted my customs clearance code when I first registered) when it's a different courier, or I haven't had something delivered from that courier in a while.  It's annoying, but there does seem to be some kind of pattern.  If it happens to be Lotte delivering and I haven't had something from them in some time I'll get the kakao message I have to reply to, but if something else comes through Lotte within a month or so, no message. 

« Reply #12873 on: January 06, 2021, 08:03:33 am »
I find with Amazon I get the request for passport # (I also submitted my customs clearance code when I first registered) when it's a different courier, or I haven't had something delivered from that courier in a while.  It's annoying, but there does seem to be some kind of pattern.  If it happens to be Lotte delivering and I haven't had something from them in some time I'll get the kakao message I have to reply to, but if something else comes through Lotte within a month or so, no message. 

Seems the new thing is to input a letter + a two letter country code (South Africa is ZA) in front of your passport number otherwise it doesn't work. This seems idiotic because, unless I'm mistaken, the first two letters/numbers of your passport are in fact the passport code of your country.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #12874 on: January 06, 2021, 02:44:56 pm »

Get this everyf*ckingtime now with Coupang. I use the same name and personal customs number each time and still I get the text about my personal customs number couldn't be confirmed bla bla bla.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12875 on: January 06, 2021, 03:27:20 pm »
i never get this. you guys should get new names

but really, not having a middle name is a huge blessing

« Reply #12876 on: January 06, 2021, 08:45:57 pm »
Ugh, so the gate dude has stopped unlocking the back gate since no students are here now and the cafeteria ladies just told me I can't use their gate anymore. (It's right next to the back gate, but they have their own key so it was still unlocked) So now I have to go through the front entrance.... it's a good extra 5 minutes walk (this is after my 10 min usual walk) Wouldn't mind normally except it's cold af here.....

Just use the cafeteria gate anyway. What do you think they're going to do? Piss in your kimchi?

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #12877 on: January 06, 2021, 10:26:49 pm »
Piss in your kimchi?
That explains the tart, sour taste. Dang you ajumma!

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #12878 on: January 11, 2021, 03:37:23 pm »
When you have allergies and your tissues are scented.

0 <itchy nose>
1 <sneeze into tissue>
2 goto 0

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12879 on: January 11, 2021, 03:40:02 pm »
just finished my vacation. students are still online, yet i have to go to school and conduct online classes in an empty classroom from tomorrow

literally why