Read 2623920 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #12720 on: November 21, 2020, 12:31:28 pm »
The other issue is that it's against the law to not allow a student into the class or kick them out, apparently, you're robbing them of the opportunity to receive an education.

well the whole point is it's an after-school class - extra-curricular - not a compulsory one. by not letting him in i just meant dump him with the manager/HR teacher. and i refuse to give him anything fun like a word search because it's 1) extra work for me and 2) unfair on the students who have to study

i've tried similar techniques to what you've said but it doesn't seem to change much. momentary embarrassment but then 15 minutes later, back to normal (ie being a little dickhead). it is weird.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #12721 on: November 23, 2020, 12:09:26 pm »
Why are comments on a job posting thread deleted when they are legitimately critical of the job offered?  There is a job up now that is below standard in pay, but the poster tried to couch it in terms that justified the low wage.  People called him on it, and I see now that the multiple comments have been deleted and the ad still stands.  So, is the position now taken by waygook that unsuspecting, inexperienced applicants can be taken advantage of because legitimate critiques exposing the flaws will be summarily deleted?  It would be good to have some clarification on this so people don't waste their time.  Seems like a benefit of having jobs posted here would be that more experienced players could help people out. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12722 on: November 23, 2020, 12:20:39 pm »
Why are comments on a job posting thread deleted when they are legitimately critical of the job offered?  There is a job up now that is below standard in pay, but the poster tried to couch it in terms that justified the low wage.  People called him on it, and I see now that the multiple comments have been deleted and the ad still stands.  So, is the position now taken by waygook that unsuspecting, inexperienced applicants can be taken advantage of because legitimate critiques exposing the flaws will be summarily deleted?  It would be good to have some clarification on this so people don't waste their time.  Seems like a benefit of having jobs posted here would be that more experienced players could help people out. 
yes this point has been brought up many times before. often, when i post something like you have above, that post would also get deleted

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #12723 on: November 23, 2020, 12:24:21 pm »
yes this point has been brought up many times before. often, when i post something like you have above, that post would also get deleted

They should just clarify that any posts critical of a paid ad will be deleted.  Save people the effort. 

« Reply #12724 on: November 23, 2020, 12:35:55 pm »
They should just clarify that any posts critical of a paid ad will be deleted.  Save people the effort. 

If there isn't a justifiable explanation I will just post on reddit or other places. If we can't call out Mcdonalds level salaries and stick together as teachers then what is really the point of having a place like this? Part of the benefit is being able to band together and flush out scumbags who try to lowball.

« Reply #12725 on: November 23, 2020, 12:58:11 pm »

My comment was deleted and all I had done was highlight their part-of-the-family work environment and premier location.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #12726 on: November 23, 2020, 01:04:26 pm »
My comment was deleted and all I had done was highlight their part-of-the-family work environment and premier location.

Well, that'll teach you for trying to help promote that position.  Although, I think we can all agree Yanggu pretty much sells itself.  I didn't think Gunpo's English slogan of "With Book" could be topped, but when I discovered Yanggu's slogan was "Where you goin'?" I knew we had a new winner. 

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #12727 on: November 23, 2020, 01:11:25 pm »

Pretty sure there was a post about a rule change earlier in the year. While we can be critical of a job posting, we aren't allowed to do so in the job ad thread. You need to make a new thread criticizing the job ad now.
Back once they made this rule, there was a mod or 2 doing this every other day for a short time.

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• Anyang
« Reply #12728 on: November 23, 2020, 01:20:28 pm »
Pretty sure there was a post about a rule change earlier in the year. While we can be critical of a job posting, we aren't allowed to do so in the job ad thread. You need to make a new thread criticizing the job ad now.
Back once they made this rule, there was a mod or 2 doing this every other day for a short time.

Thanks, never noticed the change. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• I am a geek!!

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #12729 on: November 23, 2020, 01:35:07 pm »
As I understand it, you create a new topic and post the link to it on the offending job posting.
   The idea is that you still are able to give valuable insight to job seekers without every job posting immediately being overrun by comments like "This job sucks, the employer sucks, and whoever posted this sucks, and if you're considering applying, then you suck too."

There was an issue a few months back with the same number of posters bombing *every* job posting, mostly because they felt like doing so would somehow drive up the ESL wage norms or something. This obviously lead to a number of complaints from those posting the jobs.

On the other hand, if you feel that there's something *illegal* about a job posting *please please please* report it so that it can be dealt with (removed, and the poster issued a warning and explanation of why the post was bad. Some honestly had no idea.).

• AvecPommesFrites
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2017, 02:19:33 pm
    • Incheon International Airport Immigration Office Detention Facility
« Reply #12730 on: November 25, 2020, 03:57:00 pm »
Dumped w500k into Coupang money to get 5% cashback on a big purchase, got the confirmation screen, closed all them boxes, bought what I wanted, job done.

NOPE

The mother fuckers auto debitied another w100k from my bank immediately after the purchase.

Went back and had a look what just happend and they set the Coupang money to auto recharge if it falls below x amount.

Now I've got w100k sitting on there and nothing I want to spend it on. Raging.
Soggy undergarments

« Reply #12731 on: November 25, 2020, 10:28:59 pm »
Just got my heart shot down, but I knew that it was coming.  Being gay in Korea is so so hard (as it is everywhere), but at this moment!  Holy!  I will never again be someone's secret, as I have been for the past three relationships!  I do wish I could smoke a j here legally! 

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #12732 on: November 26, 2020, 10:00:40 am »
I do wish I could smoke a j here legally!

I don't miss it enough for it to be an issue, but I do miss it a lil bit. Especially since I drink more now.
Sometimes I wonder if I should take up vaping again

• nightninja
  • Expert Waygook

• April 02, 2018, 03:20:32 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #12733 on: November 26, 2020, 10:54:34 am »
Just got my heart shot down, but I knew that it was coming.  Being gay in Korea is so so hard (as it is everywhere), but at this moment!  Holy!  I will never again be someone's secret, as I have been for the past three relationships!  I do wish I could smoke a j here legally! 

no matter what....never be a secret....gay, straight, bi, never let yourself be with someone that wants to hide you.....you can't be yourself that way and will always be made to feel like you arent worthy enough
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 10:56:32 am by nightninja »

« Reply #12734 on: November 26, 2020, 10:55:07 am »
Sometimes I wonder if I should take up vaping again

Please donít  :sad:

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
« Reply #12735 on: November 26, 2020, 04:46:41 pm »
no matter what....never be a secret....gay, straight, bi, never let yourself be with someone that wants to hide you.....you can't be yourself that way and will always be made to feel like you arent worthy enough

^ This.

« Reply #12736 on: November 26, 2020, 09:01:35 pm »
At this point, I'm considering wearing a t-shirt to the gym that says "Wear your damn mask properly, you asshole!" (in Korean).

It's a popular gym and for every person you ask to wear their mask properly, 3 more will walk in wearing it around their chin. Last thing I want to do is to walk around like some kind of cop and ruin my session by telling everyone to cover their stupid grin. I try not to bother when there aren't many people in the gym, but when it's busy (in the evenings), it's incredibly irritating to see people leaving their noses and mouths exposed. This is a gym where the windows are closed and everyone's breathing heavily.

I spoke to the owner and he told his staff to tell people to wear their masks properly, but he's rarely there and the 20 something staff seem to not give a crap/are too chicken to tell people to wear their masks properly. I'm pissed because my membership is paid for the next few months and I really do need to lift heavy for a while. so i can't just leave.

Why are people so stupid/selfish/irresponsible?

« Reply #12737 on: November 27, 2020, 11:24:54 pm »

Absolutely! I will never do this again~ I just put up with it because I know Korean women do this with Korean men...BUT being a woman I was introduced as the "best friend" and met 2/3 of the families and grew attached. We also could show great affection with each other and not raise any suspicion.  We went on family vacays together, slept in the same bed......etc... 

I was broken up with last week because she said she could NEVER do THAT to her family....(they are quite wealthy and she didn't want her parents to suffer the ridicule of their friends).... I get it..but I always hoped that she would be stronger.   She told me that she will marry one of the sons of her parents' friends soon (apparently she started dating with him for two months) and hoped I would attend their wedding next year in April.  Her parents and sister love me so much and want me to attend.
No regret.  Just done, and a punch to the gut.  We have been together for about a year......

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12738 on: November 28, 2020, 09:03:47 am »

Why are people so stupid/selfish/irresponsible?
i probably mutter under my breathe "what the **** are you doing...." about 8 times a day. not just in korea, just generally. but yeah, i'd like to know what truly goes on in these people's peabrains

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12739 on: November 28, 2020, 12:41:28 pm »
korean parents are so mental.

i do a skype group class every week. last week, one kid forgot to turn her mic off and asked her mum in korean "what is cucumber in english?". this has happened once in........8 classes.

well, the other parents heard her say this and are now really annoyed about it.

apparently it's a big deal and they want her out the class now. they're apparently annoyed at me for not telling her to speak english, even though she was talking to her mum. ughhh.

this shit is exactly why i couldn't deal with opening my own study room or whatever. christ
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:47:50 pm by oglop »