Read 2038569 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #12540 on: September 08, 2020, 09:21:13 pm »
....just wanted to vent for now......

Hey Ninja, Iím sorry you havenít been able to work out your difficulties with your husband. Iím glad you have people to talk to about this and that you largely have their support. It canít be an easy decision. In the end I hope you do whatís best for yourself without guilt or shame.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #12541 on: September 08, 2020, 09:34:28 pm »
It's just to the point we cannot communicate anymore.

He might jokingly grab my cheeks (face) and pull quite hard and I might say stop that actually hurts....but his response would be really? I just picked you up from school and this is what I get......

Sorry to hear about your troubles and we all know divorce isn't a pleasant thing to go through but in the end it's your happiness that counts and you don't want to spend your life being miserable.

I wish you all the best for the future and may everything work out for you. God bless.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #12542 on: September 09, 2020, 07:46:45 am »
Sorry to hear about your troubles and we all know divorce isn't a pleasant thing to go through but in the end it's your happiness that counts and you don't want to spend your life being miserable.

I wish you all the best for the future and may everything work out for you. God bless.

Thanks....He finally talked to me for the first time in 3 days, yesterday, and I told him how I was feeling and he said he would go on a trip for a few days so I could think about it.....I don't think his reaction will be good when I tell him we will be living separately for now at least..........he does need to find a new job so he is looking and I hope he finds something in another city because that would be the best option. That way I could finish my contract and not have to move......but I know there are some things that make me think it's just never gonna change and I will leave and go home at the end of my contract......thing s like the fact that I am not really healthy enough to have children now but he is pressuring me to do so and he knows about the health issues.......he said "you know I thought we would have a baby within the first year of our marriage and it's been 2 years and we still don't......."  He thinks it's a big problem, but I am not ready yet......When talking about this before marriage he said whenever, and even no baby is ok....he also, despite very good english, refuses to use it because it's unfair to him....these may seem like minor issues but they add up....

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #12543 on: September 09, 2020, 07:56:22 am »
Dave Stepz

That fits.  Both were always doing bits and left abruptly.  I wonder who CO4 was before he was reincarnated as CO2's foil?  I mean that in a spiritual sense rather than a periodic table of the elements way for any chemistry buffs. 

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #12544 on: September 09, 2020, 08:03:07 am »
Thanks....He finally talked to me for the first time in 3 days, yesterday, and I told him how I was feeling and he said he would go on a trip for a few days so I could think about it.....I don't think his reaction will be good when I tell him we will be living separately for now at least..........he does need to find a new job so he is looking and I hope he finds something in another city because that would be the best option. That way I could finish my contract and not have to move......but I know there are some things that make me think it's just never gonna change and I will leave and go home at the end of my contract......thing s like the fact that I am not really healthy enough to have children now but he is pressuring me to do so and he knows about the health issues.......he said "you know I thought we would have a baby within the first year of our marriage and it's been 2 years and we still don't......."  He thinks it's a big problem, but I am not ready yet......When talking about this before marriage he said whenever, and even no baby is ok....he also, despite very good english, refuses to use it because it's unfair to him....these may seem like minor issues but they add up....

And sorry nightninja about your marital difficulties.  I see the way my post is right after yours that I read it and thought "whatever' but I read it after I posted my above comment.  Everyone's different but for me my only regret about finishing my marriage was I didn't do it sooner.  Had a great relationship but tried to force a marriage to work and after making the decision we were too different for that level I am a much happier person.  It may be tough at first but if you have the kind of doubts and issues you've conveyed here you're making the right choice for both of you.

« Reply #12545 on: September 09, 2020, 08:24:57 am »

You have the chance at a clean break, this is something many in a position similar to yours would kill for. Not only don't you have kids, but you'll be in different countries.

A family member came to Korea, she married a Korean guy and she realized after she travelled to South Africa with him, on 2-week holiday and to meet her family, that she'd made a mistake and he'd completely changed. He became so "homesick" that he refused to leave her parents house, where they stayed, and only wanted to eat Korean food, which he asked his mother-in-law to cook for him. The mother-in-law was obsessed with him getting her pregnant (they wanted a son to carry on the family name), he was also pretty much a deadbeat and had no interest in doing anything other than obeying his mom. Luckily, she managed to end things off and leave before that happened.

Not trying to generalize Korean guys, but if he's pressuring for a kid, it could be coming from his mother and what woman wants to marry a man who prioritizes his mother over his wife? Those cultural differences aren't easy to ignore.

Living separately for now is probably the smartest move to make. All the best and hope you can use some 'you time' to relax, find some peace and make the best decision.

« Reply #12546 on: September 11, 2020, 11:06:09 am »
Dave Stepz

What, is Ronnie really Dave, or is this just a guess? DAVE, WHY WOULD YOU GHOST US LIKE THIS AGAIN PLZ COME BACK

I admit, #3 is driving me to the edge as well.

But hopefully Chinguetti can pick up some of the slack left by Ronnie's departure!

There are a few ways you could interpret #3.

Was he murdered or something? 

Why donít you ask chinguetti...

People will write songs about me someday.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #12547 on: September 11, 2020, 11:17:38 am »

« Reply #12548 on: September 11, 2020, 11:20:33 am »
Oh, but they already have!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chinguetti/dp/B0080AJNTG

I need it to be a chart-topper that people will argue about for decades to come. It needs to be the right blend of revolutionary and mainstream or else it won't work.

« Reply #12549 on: September 11, 2020, 12:23:43 pm »
You have the chance at a clean break, this is something many in a position similar to yours would kill for. Not only don't you have kids, but you'll be in different countries.

A family member came to Korea, she married a Korean guy and she realized after she travelled to South Africa with him, on 2-week holiday and to meet her family, that she'd made a mistake and he'd completely changed. He became so "homesick" that he refused to leave her parents house, where they stayed, and only wanted to eat Korean food, which he asked his mother-in-law to cook for him. The mother-in-law was obsessed with him getting her pregnant (they wanted a son to carry on the family name), he was also pretty much a deadbeat and had no interest in doing anything other than obeying his mom. Luckily, she managed to end things off and leave before that happened.

Not trying to generalize Korean guys, but if he's pressuring for a kid, it could be coming from his mother and what woman wants to marry a man who prioritizes his mother over his wife? Those cultural differences aren't easy to ignore.

Living separately for now is probably the smartest move to make. All the best and hope you can use some 'you time' to relax, find some peace and make the best decision.

Obviously he is pressuring me to reconsider my decision.......it's funny though , for him he would rather work it out living together or go straight for divorce rather than live separately...when in my mind one is definitely worse than the other......but his pressuring for a child stems from 2 main things: pressure from friends and coworkers (not his family....they asked once and never again) and the fact that he is 39 yrs old and doesnt want to be called grandpa by his kids....I kind of understand the second reason but still....I'm not ready and only 32 so I do have some time, though not a lot

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #12550 on: September 11, 2020, 12:55:33 pm »
Couple of things.

The TDS takedown was way overdue. I forget who wrote it, (I think one nut?) but it was spot on. Perfection.

Birdwatching is dry as a bone. You must not have much going on to be obsessed with it.

Me and Tyler have had our differences, but heís one of the characters who actually has something about them on here, I respect that.

Itís Friday.

That is all.

CB x
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #12551 on: September 11, 2020, 01:00:43 pm »
Couple of things.

The TDS takedown was way overdue. I forget who wrote it, (I think one nut?) but it was spot on. Perfection.

Birdwatching is dry as a bone. You must not have much going on to be obsessed with it.

Me and Tyler have had our differences, but heís one of the characters who actually has something about them on here, I respect that.

Itís Friday.

That is all.

CB x

No Rebecca Black picture? Man, Colburnnn really has moved on.

« Reply #12552 on: September 11, 2020, 01:10:33 pm »
the fact that he is 39 yrs old and doesnt want to be called grandpa by his kids

Many men, including myself, have the same concerns, it's the reality of the world we live in. I try to keep my body in peak condition to maximize the chances of having healthy kids later in life and having the energy to raise them.

....I kind of understand the second reason but still....I'm not ready and only 32 so I do have some time, though not a lot

Once the kid comes along it's no longer about you or him, it's pretty much checkmate. Your reluctance at 32 sounds like your intuition speaking to you. You could always adopt or meet someone later. There's a family of 4 (boy, girl and parents) down the hall from my apartment. Police have been called multiple times in response to their fighting and the kids are going through hell.
No kid deserves to go through that.

If you decide to leave and start fresh, please DON'T go to India to "find yourself".

« Reply #12553 on: September 11, 2020, 01:22:25 pm »
Many men, including myself, have the same concerns, it's the reality of the world we live in. I try to keep my body in peak condition to maximize the chances of having healthy kids later in life and having the energy to raise them.

Once the kid comes along it's no longer about you or him, it's pretty much checkmate. Your reluctance at 32 sounds like your intuition speaking to you. You could always adopt or meet someone later. There's a family of 4 (boy, girl and parents) down the hall from my apartment. Police have been called multiple times in response to their fighting and the kids are going through hell.
No kid deserves to go through that.

If you decide to leave and start fresh, please DON'T go to India to "find yourself".

intuition perhaps, health too though.....high bp and back pain from 2 previous back surgeries........I would love to adopt in the future and have wanted to do so for a very long time

although I love indian food, it would not be a place I have any interest in traveling ...

Anyway thanks for the discussion

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #12554 on: September 15, 2020, 06:23:18 pm »
students are coming back to school next week. not all, but 1/3 at any one day.

i hate this because i have to do online/offline classes at the same time. it's impossible to teach. and double impossible to do any kind of activity

my school is also changing the timetable back to the "regular" timetable. back to leaving at 3.30pm rather than at 12pm :(

« Reply #12555 on: September 25, 2020, 11:52:32 am »
People who try to make anything and everything about their political views. And I mean anything.

Like being a member of an FB group dedicated to sharing pictures and videos of cats, and thinking that it's okay to rant about antifa or "the orange devil in the White House " under the picture of an innocent and extra-floofy ginger tabby.

It's a ****** cat, man, can't we just enjoy the picture of a cat?

ijdgi

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #12556 on: September 25, 2020, 12:03:20 pm »
Like being a member of an FB group dedicated to sharing pictures and videos of cats, and thinking that it's okay to rant about "the orange devil in the White House ".

The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #12557 on: September 25, 2020, 12:06:57 pm »

ffs, tho, it really be like this.  :laugh:

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #12558 on: September 25, 2020, 12:10:26 pm »
People who try to make anything and everything about their political views. And I mean anything.

Like being a member of an FB group dedicated to sharing pictures and videos of cats, and thinking that it's okay to rant about antifa or "the orange devil in the White House " under the picture of an innocent and extra-floofy ginger tabby.

It's a ****** cat, man, can't we just enjoy the picture of a cat?

ijdgi

Yeah, its gotten a bit too pervasive for my liking. Obviously there are big issues that deserve attention but I can't dedicate 100% of my time to that and occasionally I do just need a break. People that claim they don't are lying.

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #12559 on: September 25, 2020, 12:12:29 pm »
On another note, my favorite cat group is famtastic voids amd wheremst they expamd