Read 2469649 times

• CO4
  • Adventurer

• April 22, 2020, 07:49:38 pm
    • All seeing eye
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #12520 on: September 08, 2020, 01:51:25 pm »
Ronnie will just make a new account (third time's a charm) but won't be able to resist telling the same anecdotes we've all been hearing since his first one!

« Reply #12521 on: September 08, 2020, 01:59:17 pm »
I was gonna ask... who was Ronnie before Ronnie? I donít remember any such poster when I was registered as ďDonovanĒ.

Also worth noting that he did make intimations of leaving the site at some point when warnings and mutings were the talk of the town, but it was in regards to trouble with moderators, which I donít think he was experiencing at the time of his disappearance.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #12522 on: September 08, 2020, 02:07:34 pm »
I automatically assign new personalities to new user names, even if I know they're the same person, so it's kind of hard for me to draw the lines from nameA to nameB, but I *do* remember englishrose as being a fairly well-spoken (albeit snarky) user not unlike of our deerly departed rommelette.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #12523 on: September 08, 2020, 02:34:01 pm »
you guys don't think i'm a sock right?
more gg more skill

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #12524 on: September 08, 2020, 02:54:54 pm »
I was gonna ask... who was Ronnie before Ronnie? I donít remember any such poster when I was registered as ďDonovanĒ.

Dave Stepz

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #12525 on: September 08, 2020, 03:01:33 pm »
You sound too sheepish to be a 양말.   
ETA 2day 4hour 45min to next reboot.
DO NOT UNPLUG

• 745sticky
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #12526 on: September 08, 2020, 03:07:38 pm »

I mean, considering the dynamic between you and Colburnnn, I was a bit suspicious...
but then Colburnnn moved on and you're still here so I guess that's moot.

• tylerthegloob
  • The Legend

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #12527 on: September 08, 2020, 03:10:26 pm »
You sound too sheepish to be a 양말.   
i give that a perfect 5 groans out of 7
more gg more skill

« Reply #12528 on: September 08, 2020, 03:15:51 pm »
well, I think I've come to a decision to leave Korea after my contract is over and leave my husband.....It's driving me crazy feeling like I'm making a mistake leaving but with so many people telling me to leave...of course based on what I told them and my side of the story only.....it makes me feel like maybe I was the problem....but also I just absolutely love his family and they have done so much for me.....I also don't want to look back on Korea and only see bad memories....but I'll be ok after a while......still don't know if I should bring the hanbok I've always wanted and had custom-made for our wedding home with me......

anyway gotta talk to a professional to work those things out....just wanted to vent for now......

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 16, 2017, 09:01:06 am
« Reply #12529 on: September 08, 2020, 03:40:21 pm »
Sorry to hear that, nightninja. Guess you can be grateful you don't have kids to further complicate things.

Good luck!

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #12530 on: September 08, 2020, 03:44:17 pm »
p.s. You should totally use this as a sounding board if you aren't fully confident in your decision. We love to give each other shit on this forum, but we're all good people (for the most part :p)

« Reply #12531 on: September 08, 2020, 03:57:05 pm »
It's just to the point we cannot communicate anymore.

He might jokingly grab my cheeks (face) and pull quite hard and I might say stop that actually hurts....but his response would be really? I just picked you up from school and this is what I get......

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #12532 on: September 08, 2020, 04:12:16 pm »
Fair enough

« Reply #12533 on: September 08, 2020, 08:45:45 pm »
Dave Stepz

Ah, right. That checks out.

Course not, sonny~~

« Reply #12534 on: September 08, 2020, 09:21:13 pm »
....just wanted to vent for now......

Hey Ninja, Iím sorry you havenít been able to work out your difficulties with your husband. Iím glad you have people to talk to about this and that you largely have their support. It canít be an easy decision. In the end I hope you do whatís best for yourself without guilt or shame.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu County, Taiwan (not part of China)
    more
« Reply #12535 on: September 08, 2020, 09:34:28 pm »
It's just to the point we cannot communicate anymore.

He might jokingly grab my cheeks (face) and pull quite hard and I might say stop that actually hurts....but his response would be really? I just picked you up from school and this is what I get......

Sorry to hear about your troubles and we all know divorce isn't a pleasant thing to go through but in the end it's your happiness that counts and you don't want to spend your life being miserable.

I wish you all the best for the future and may everything work out for you. God bless.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #12536 on: September 09, 2020, 07:46:45 am »
Sorry to hear about your troubles and we all know divorce isn't a pleasant thing to go through but in the end it's your happiness that counts and you don't want to spend your life being miserable.

I wish you all the best for the future and may everything work out for you. God bless.

Thanks....He finally talked to me for the first time in 3 days, yesterday, and I told him how I was feeling and he said he would go on a trip for a few days so I could think about it.....I don't think his reaction will be good when I tell him we will be living separately for now at least..........he does need to find a new job so he is looking and I hope he finds something in another city because that would be the best option. That way I could finish my contract and not have to move......but I know there are some things that make me think it's just never gonna change and I will leave and go home at the end of my contract......thing s like the fact that I am not really healthy enough to have children now but he is pressuring me to do so and he knows about the health issues.......he said "you know I thought we would have a baby within the first year of our marriage and it's been 2 years and we still don't......."  He thinks it's a big problem, but I am not ready yet......When talking about this before marriage he said whenever, and even no baby is ok....he also, despite very good english, refuses to use it because it's unfair to him....these may seem like minor issues but they add up....

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #12537 on: September 09, 2020, 07:56:22 am »
Dave Stepz

That fits.  Both were always doing bits and left abruptly.  I wonder who CO4 was before he was reincarnated as CO2's foil?  I mean that in a spiritual sense rather than a periodic table of the elements way for any chemistry buffs. 

• OnNut81
  • The Legend

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #12538 on: September 09, 2020, 08:03:07 am »
Thanks....He finally talked to me for the first time in 3 days, yesterday, and I told him how I was feeling and he said he would go on a trip for a few days so I could think about it.....I don't think his reaction will be good when I tell him we will be living separately for now at least..........he does need to find a new job so he is looking and I hope he finds something in another city because that would be the best option. That way I could finish my contract and not have to move......but I know there are some things that make me think it's just never gonna change and I will leave and go home at the end of my contract......thing s like the fact that I am not really healthy enough to have children now but he is pressuring me to do so and he knows about the health issues.......he said "you know I thought we would have a baby within the first year of our marriage and it's been 2 years and we still don't......."  He thinks it's a big problem, but I am not ready yet......When talking about this before marriage he said whenever, and even no baby is ok....he also, despite very good english, refuses to use it because it's unfair to him....these may seem like minor issues but they add up....

And sorry nightninja about your marital difficulties.  I see the way my post is right after yours that I read it and thought "whatever' but I read it after I posted my above comment.  Everyone's different but for me my only regret about finishing my marriage was I didn't do it sooner.  Had a great relationship but tried to force a marriage to work and after making the decision we were too different for that level I am a much happier person.  It may be tough at first but if you have the kind of doubts and issues you've conveyed here you're making the right choice for both of you.

« Reply #12539 on: September 09, 2020, 08:24:57 am »

You have the chance at a clean break, this is something many in a position similar to yours would kill for. Not only don't you have kids, but you'll be in different countries.

A family member came to Korea, she married a Korean guy and she realized after she travelled to South Africa with him, on 2-week holiday and to meet her family, that she'd made a mistake and he'd completely changed. He became so "homesick" that he refused to leave her parents house, where they stayed, and only wanted to eat Korean food, which he asked his mother-in-law to cook for him. The mother-in-law was obsessed with him getting her pregnant (they wanted a son to carry on the family name), he was also pretty much a deadbeat and had no interest in doing anything other than obeying his mom. Luckily, she managed to end things off and leave before that happened.

Not trying to generalize Korean guys, but if he's pressuring for a kid, it could be coming from his mother and what woman wants to marry a man who prioritizes his mother over his wife? Those cultural differences aren't easy to ignore.

Living separately for now is probably the smartest move to make. All the best and hope you can use some 'you time' to relax, find some peace and make the best decision.