Read 1933268 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #12180 on: June 27, 2020, 06:41:59 pm »
hmm.. are there any religions where the main god isn't a massive cnut* and generally a nice guy? i can't think of any. i guess buddhism is the nicest religion, but doesn't really count as there isn't really a central god

referring to cnut the great, so you can't ban me for this, innit

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #12181 on: June 27, 2020, 07:20:48 pm »
Or how about we come out of the clouds and deal with the divinity within and around us and heal our beautiful world, our selves and each other with compassion and loving-kindness, because we have won the genetic lottery! 

We actually have the opportunity to exist on this Earth.....(I don't know the odds of us even existing)? (probably a trillion to1 or more)??  How can we know?  We are so lucky to be here!!  Living and breathing.   Isn't that enough magic?  Do we need to hurt each other so?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:21:30 am by dippedinblush »

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #12182 on: June 27, 2020, 07:40:39 pm »
It doesn’t need to be the perfect sock. Rather it is the holy intention of charity in the act. It is showing compassion and kindness to those in need. Any functional pouch fashioned from sock and veil will do when drawing water from the well. The pureness of heart is what matters.
A holy sock won’t work. The water will run out.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #12183 on: June 29, 2020, 11:18:51 am »
A high-profile Egyptian belly dancer has been sentenced to three years in prison and received a £15,000 fine for sharing photos and videos of herself on social media that were deemed to incite “debauchery” and “immorality” in a country with conservative social norms.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/egyptian-belly-dancer-sentenced-prison-111732559.html

Other influencers were expected to face the same prison terms as Ms El-Masry as they had committed the same crime. The court also ordered the 42-year-old dancer to be put under police surveillance for three years, according to news site Egypt Today.

Ms El-Masry said she would appeal the sentence.

Since President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi came into power in 2014, hundreds of journalists, activists, lawyers and intellectuals have been arrested in the name of state security.

Young TikTok stars have become the latest target of Egyptian state authorities. In May, a 17-year-old girl posted a TikTok video of herself crying, saying she had been gang-raped by a group of young men. The authorities swiftly arrested her and charged her with “promoting debauchery”.

« Reply #12184 on: June 29, 2020, 11:31:45 am »
A high-profile Egyptian belly dancer has been sentenced to three years in prison and received a £15,000 fine for sharing photos and videos of herself on social media that were deemed to incite “debauchery” and “immorality” in a country with conservative social norms.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/egyptian-belly-dancer-sentenced-prison-111732559.html

Other influencers were expected to face the same prison terms as Ms El-Masry as they had committed the same crime. The court also ordered the 42-year-old dancer to be put under police surveillance for three years, according to news site Egypt Today.

Ms El-Masry said she would appeal the sentence.

Since President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi came into power in 2014, hundreds of journalists, activists, lawyers and intellectuals have been arrested in the name of state security.

Young TikTok stars have become the latest target of Egyptian state authorities. In May, a 17-year-old girl posted a TikTok video of herself crying, saying she had been gang-raped by a group of young men. The authorities swiftly arrested her and charged her with “promoting debauchery”.

And?
A heading or caption would be nice.

« Reply #12185 on: June 29, 2020, 02:08:11 pm »
Or how about we come out of the clouds and deal with the divinity within and around us and heal our beautiful world, our selves and each other with compassion and loving-kindness, because we have won the genetic lottery! 

We actually have the opportunity to exist on this Earth.....(I don't know the odds of us even existing)? (probably a trillion to1 or more)??  How can we know?  We are so lucky to be here!!  Living and breathing.   Isn't that enough magic?  Do we need to hurt each other so?

Compassion? Loving kindness? Do we need to hurt each other so?

You, yourself are not exactly off to a flying start.

I took the time to respond to your long story and relay what I thought was a beautiful story of compassion and forgiveness. Did you criticize it? No, not a single constructive argument or response that was anything more than a joke. Are you in the habit of asking people serious questions and making fun of their responses? In the future, inform more that you have zero intention of engaging in an intelligent conversation and I'll know better than to waste my time.

You may have your reservations about Religion, that's fine, but that's no excuse to not have any manners.

You responded to my previous argument by bringing up my family, yes, you did apologize, but I wouldn't so quick to grandstand my "lets be compassionate and kind to others" beliefs so soon after being that nasty to a stranger.

Being a Lesbian and an Atheist does not make you tolerant or open-minded, in fact, your views sound as fascist and narrow-minded as some of the most conservative and fundamentalist Afrikaner Christians, from the Dutch Reform Church, and fundamentalist Muslims (the ones who beat their wives) that I've heard of:

- You aren't interested in discussing or even hearing about the beliefs of others, you simply want to mock and rant.
- You know next to nothing about beliefs other than your own.
- You discriminate and group all people of a Religion into a single mindset because you don't know any better.
- You don't tolerate others having views which don't coincide with yours.
- You believe everyone should be like you.

... sounds pretty fascist and right-wing Southern Baptist/ pro-Sharia Muslim to me.

It's ironic that you ended up becoming exactly like the people who gave you a hard time as a kid.
Being compassionate and kind is step 4, if I were you I'd work on step 1, which is "don't be an asshole".

You disagree? Fine...

Ignore everything and tell me how your "f*ck your stupid beliefs, you dumb f*ck. Lets just be nice to each other" approach ends up working in reality.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:07:33 pm by Aristocrat »

« Reply #12186 on: June 29, 2020, 06:37:18 pm »
So found out while at dinner that I was supposed to have an after school class today. (Got a call that my "students were waiting for me") Literally no one told me + I wasn't even at that school today.  Fun times, lol.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #12187 on: June 29, 2020, 09:23:24 pm »
Aristocrat,

I don't know how to quote Waygook properly so I will write in a different medium and hope it transfers well.  (Colburrn...sorry if the format is weird)

First of all, I thank you? for responding to me but I never asked for it and you didn't do me a favour so let us squash that right now.

Also, the parable you chose from the hadith was not a beautiful one to me.  It was insulting.  As far as I can gather it was an attempt by you to patronise me further.  The prostitute offering a dog water is being kind and then Allah smiles on her because of her kindness.  OK...and so?  How does that apply to me?  Am I the dirty prostitute, or the dog?  Does that mean I have never performed a kindness to someone in need, and need to?  Does it mean if I am kind, Allah/God will forgive me of my sins?? It didn't translate well at all.. and I treated it as a joke, because it is ridiculous as hell.   Honestly...??  Was I supposed to take that well? 

The hadith is biblical exegesis much like the talmud/midrash is in Judaism.  It's just a bunch of stories and commentaries from biblical fathers and scholars expounding on the main Quran text itself.  Some of it becomes a part of the belief system as the culture sees fit...Doesn't sharia law do that to establish itself as Law and don't you follow your own type of sharia yourself?

You keep saying......beheadi ngs aren't the real Islam...it's Sharia.... stonings, and all of the bad shit we see about Islam, aren't the real Islam, it's Sharia...where does the "real Islam" start then?  It doesn't!  Islam and sharia law are intertwined. And u know it! I know you are fine with judging me and your own gay family (who you have mentioned here) and I find that truly awful.  Who needs that hanging over them??!  You must be the last person they wish to be at family gatherings!!!

As for your other comments which were based in anger.  How do you know I'm atheist?  You don't know what I believe at all...I'm just a lesbian atheist to you....perhaps the scariest of creatures.....

In fact my undergraduate was ....get this ...a degree in religious studies.  I am open to talk about religion all day long.  (Granted...I never really did study Islam as much as I would have liked to),  but I do know a bit more than you think.  It's very hard for me to talk with you candidly about Islam in this forum and knowing that I am gay and sinning......your immediate beliefs hurt much more than I would/could have expected.  I have never encountered that before.  I was taught through my "courses" not to judge any religion...but I think that stony view is bullshit.  If a religion is hurting good people, for no reason it should be turned upside down, much like fucked up Christian groups like the Westboro Baptist church has been. 

I would encourage you to not judge me as well (even though you don't WANT judge me...you HAVE to because your god demands it)~ I'm not an asshole (as much as I would like to be....and scream at you from the top of my lungs), and I can't help but judge your beliefs because they pertain deeply to me and cut at my heart for being NORMAL, not a prostitute or a murderer. Being gay is normal, you asshole.

I don't think you are a dumbfuck for believing in Allah, but I can call you a dumbfuck for continually calling the video game you are playing...LAST OF US 2 as the "angry lesbian" game over and over.  It's like...hey dudes....I'm gonna play the angry lesbian game!!!!!! Hyuck hyuck hyuck......Ok Aristocrat...hyuck hyuck are you sure you wanna???

Get a grip!  You are acting like a pompous grosso on all levels Aristocrat. 

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 12:07:07 am by dippedinblush »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #12188 on: June 30, 2020, 12:19:29 am »
Last night, my girlfriend's parents said that "she could do better" in front of me.

And, that hurts. A lot.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #12189 on: June 30, 2020, 02:06:57 am »
Last night, my girlfriend's parents said that "she could do better" in front of me.

And, that hurts. A lot.

That’s hard to take. It probably says more about their high regard for their daughter than it does anything about you personally. I’m sure my parents-in-law have thought similarly about me (but with good reason!), and perhaps even said as much within earshot if only I had the lingual capacity to understand. This is further proof that foreigners are better off not learning the language here!

« Reply #12190 on: June 30, 2020, 06:25:13 am »
This is further proof that foreigners are better off not learning the language here!
Amen bra. Ignorance is bliss 8)

CO2, doesn't your girlfriend have a kid from a prior relationship? Nothing wrong with that in my book, but divorcees aren't exactly cream of the crop here in Korea. Her parents are either deluded or flat out racist, possibly both. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a hand in the demise of her previous relationship. Put your foot down now or you'll be in for a shitstorm (speaking from experience)

« Reply #12191 on: June 30, 2020, 06:41:08 am »

And, that hurts. A lot.

Don't focus on it too much.  Korean parents can be very picky and direct when they have correct or incorrect reservations about their son/daughter's partner.  I heard from some parent's that I met that they had reservations because they thought 'I'd steal their daughter and move abroad'.  What it should do is make you try harder, through your actions and words.  Show how you get on well with their granddaughter and how well you take care of their daughter.  Then they'll come around.  I've also heard numerous stories from Korean friends who didn't get the blessing from their future parents-in-law.  One elementary teacher I used to work with was 7 years older than his girlfriend and they flat out told him no to his face, because he was too old.  He stuck at it for months, they came around and they got married and are now very happy with a family.  Also, when you understand Korean you hear a lot of '불상'and '아깝다' when people gossip about other's potential partners.  The second expression is said more in jest, by their friends.  Different cultures n'all.  Don't take it to heart, but see it as a opportunity to prove yourself if you're serious about her.  Love isn't easy would be the old cliche. 

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #12192 on: June 30, 2020, 07:22:35 am »

And, that hurts. A lot.

Ahh dude that sucks, you shoulda snapped back with something. 'Well she could do worse, she could be dating a Korean!' 'Well she could do worse, she could be dating someone who pretends to be a woman on the internet!' Something along those lines...

Keep your head up, you are dating her not her parents. Their opinion is pretty meaningless.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #12193 on: June 30, 2020, 07:36:24 am »

And, that hurts. A lot.
Have they not seen your memes!?!
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #12194 on: June 30, 2020, 07:36:58 am »
'Well she could do worse, she could be dating someone who pretends to be a woman on the internet!'
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #12195 on: June 30, 2020, 07:38:20 am »
And, that hurts. A lot.
If they can't appreciate you, that's their loss!

« Reply #12196 on: June 30, 2020, 07:52:35 am »
If I may attempt to console you with music...

youtu.be/PIh2xe4jnpk

« Reply #12197 on: June 30, 2020, 07:54:59 am »
Definitely don't take Ronnie's blue pill advice. You'll be pandering to their delusion for the rest of time. They should be kissing your ass for offering to fill the void in their daughter's (and especially their granddaughter's) lives. Come on man, you're too old to be dealing with that shit. You're not 16 anymore. Do you really need that stone around your neck?

Required reading: https://www.amazon.com/No-More-Mr-Nice-Guy/dp/0762415339

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #12198 on: June 30, 2020, 07:58:55 am »
Definitely don't take Ronnie's blue pill advice. You'll be pandering to their delusion for the rest of time. They should be kissing your ass for offering to fill the void in their daughter's (and especially their granddaughter's) lives. Come on man, you're too old to be dealing with that shit. You're not 16 anymore. Do you really need that stone around your neck?

Required reading: https://www.amazon.com/No-More-Mr-Nice-Guy/dp/0762415339

+1. No parent wants their daughter to date a weak, limp, beta. Stand up for yourself.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

« Reply #12199 on: June 30, 2020, 08:02:47 am »
What it should do is make you try harder, through your actions and words.
I keep reading this purely for the laugh