Read 2037361 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #12080 on: June 24, 2020, 10:53:23 am »
But the poster's IP address is from within Korea and no other user is currently sharing it, if that's at all reassuring.

Okay smarty pants, what colour sweater am I wearing?

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #12081 on: June 24, 2020, 11:14:07 am »
It's not ok to 'keep posting about' this but it is ok to 'keep posting about' the President every damn day... Highly selective one aren't you goob.
what in the world are you on about? it's okay to keep posting about whatever you want. it's just a fact that you guys keep posting about it so idk why you're surprised that a new account would comment on it.

and there's still nothing suspicious about it. check the dude's post history. nothing seems even a little suspicious. it's just another case of someone disagreeing with you, so of course they must be a troll/insane/have a log up their ass.

That's fine, but you come across as suspicious if you haven't taken the time to establish you are not a troll or a sock.
what are you taaaaaaaalking about. just look at your own post history dude. from your fifth post on you started posting about political stuff

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #12082 on: June 24, 2020, 11:55:50 am »
Okay smarty pants, what colour sweater am I wearing?
Ha! Trick question! We all know you teach shirtless.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #12083 on: June 24, 2020, 12:10:14 pm »
I don't feel that just because somebody has a lower post count that they should stay out of discussions. Just the opposite, really.

Waygook is like any other forum: some people post a lot, and some people don't. Doesn't really say anything about the quality of their posts.  :undecided:

Exactly.  This is why post counts really need to be removed.  They don't confer any sort of insight.  There are plenty of people in Korea who have been here ages that if they joined Waygook would be considered a newb because of post count by some posters and their opinions considered less valid.  I remember years ago some poor admitted new arrival came on with a question and mistaking post count for experience I guess, specifically named the leading posters of the time, Pecan and DMartin, hoping for their help.  Can you imagine any two posters less inclined to help?  Two of the angriest dudes out there.  I almost miss Pecan's way of taking some posters small issue and ratcheting it up to an extreme catastrophe with the goal of making the person in question feel more concerned and worried.  DMart we all know. 

Anyways, I say eliminate the post count and the titles that go with it.  It's misleading.  It's especially unfair to those poor few that did so much posting that they obtained the 5000 poster title of Waygook Loser.  Couldn't Arsalan have found a gentler LO word that doesn't mock them as much?  Haha, I'm joking of course. It's quite an accomplishment. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #12084 on: June 24, 2020, 12:21:43 pm »
I, uh, just want to point out that my obnoxiously high post count is totally due to the fact that I set up all the textbook LP threads.  :lipsrsealed:

Speaking of which, if there are textbooks that you want to see resource threads started for, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #12085 on: June 24, 2020, 12:58:27 pm »
NE 능률 Middle School English 1, 2, and 3:
https://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=117374.msg824059#msg824059

« Reply #12086 on: June 24, 2020, 01:02:56 pm »
The post count envy currently raging through this thread is sickening. Fret not, Legends and Lords; youíve earned your stripes.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
« Reply #12087 on: June 24, 2020, 01:05:33 pm »
I, uh, just want to point out that my obnoxiously high post count is totally due to the fact that I set up all the textbook LP threads.  :lipsrsealed:

Speaking of which, if there are textbooks that you want to see resource threads started for, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Got ya.  I was just having some fun. But I truly don't see the benefit of the post counts being displayed.  People (like me) make incorrect assumptions based on that number.  I can't imagine people being upset if they go.  Unless there's a cash prize somewhere I don't know about or these points can be converted to Happy Points.

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

• November 21, 2013, 11:15:05 am
    • Yangpyeong, South Korea
« Reply #12088 on: June 24, 2020, 01:06:19 pm »

Btw a big thanks to you for doing that kyndo!!!  You're a good egg :D

« Reply #12089 on: June 24, 2020, 01:08:30 pm »
You're a good egg :D

My ears are burning!!!

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Anyang
« Reply #12090 on: June 24, 2020, 01:10:04 pm »
The post count envy currently raging through this thread is sickening. Fret not, Legends and Lords; you’ve earned your stripes.

Post count envy?  Where are you getting that vibe?  I have post count shame that started soon after I topped a thousand, but it's one of the many fallouts from Coronavirus is how I console myself for how much I've posted this school year. 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #12091 on: June 24, 2020, 01:10:23 pm »
Btw a big thanks to you for doing that kyndo!!!  You're a good egg :D
Found a picture of Baby Kyndo before he got sent to his parents.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #12092 on: June 24, 2020, 01:16:35 pm »
Post count envy?  Where are you getting that vibe?  I have post count shame that started soon after I topped a thousand, but it's one of the many fallouts from Coronavirus is how I console myself for how much I've posted this school year.

Only joking. Between corona and my daughter napping on my arm in such a way that I canít wrest myself free without waking her as she is currently, my own post count would be far less inflated.

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #12093 on: June 24, 2020, 02:14:20 pm »
Got ya.  I was just having some fun. But I truly don't see the benefit of the post counts being displayed.  People (like me) make incorrect assumptions based on that number.  I can't imagine people being upset if they go.  Unless there's a cash prize somewhere I don't know about or these points can be converted to Happy Points.

You should try to understand Korea better OnNut. It's very important that we flex our post counts to establish seniority

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #12094 on: June 24, 2020, 02:22:14 pm »
My ears are burning!!!

Don't feel left out Ronnie....You'!!re speggtacular :D

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #12095 on: June 24, 2020, 02:23:33 pm »
Found a picture of Baby Kyndo before he got sent to his parents.

What do they do if the scale points to bad?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #12096 on: June 24, 2020, 02:27:33 pm »
What do they do if the scale points to bad?

They become a mod in OinK.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #12097 on: June 24, 2020, 07:30:31 pm »
Only joking. Between corona and my daughter napping on my arm in such a way that I canít wrest myself free without waking her as she is currently, my own post count would be far less inflated.
They should restore your former points, (apparent) noob.

:)

• dippedinblush
  • Super Waygook

« Reply #12098 on: June 24, 2020, 10:49:25 pm »
This is for Aristocrat....(I can't find the women and pets thread..so whatevs)

I know you were willing to open your mind about gender roles, but I really hope you open your mind about homosexuality being a sin. Please just read.

I am a girl that grew up in a small town, went to a Christian school from a young age (where i first learned homosexuality was a sin and I would go to hell only cause the teachers would pronounce it frequently)....I knew I was gay when I was 5 and every night I would pray to God to make it stop.  Honestly....during nighttime prayers I would ask God to make it stop...Now I think about a 5 year old me...I cry...a little tiny child being psychologically abused by religion...
Most nights I wished I could die because I knew I couldn't stop it...I knew what I was then and I knew at such a young age I would go to hell for nothing I could control (because of an old book)  I eventually left that school because my family moved..but  I always kept that shame inside of me really tight and tied up.  I always wished i could be straight.  I prayed every night to God to be "normal".....

So I dated many guys throughout my teens and twenties, and even loved some of them as best as I could (but I couldn't ever feel that complete love) , and I broke many hearts  (not boasting about that)...I am not a typically "butch" lesbian at all.  I think a lot of people think lesbians are manly and gay men are swishy and that is not true.... Most gay people are just regular people and don't fit any stereotype.

Anyways...I just had enough of the lies of trying to be something ....trying to feel something I couldn't feel (i wanted and tried to kill myself a few times).. I felt I would go to hell, I felt dirty, I felt like God hated me....but once I went to the hospital...almost having succeeded...I woke up and was done.

Fast forward  a while (and I am trying to be as cool as a cucumber for not exploding how any organized group can see me as a sin) but I can't understand.  Y'all still want to oppress, suppress a person's nature...Also Aristocrat you said...well hey....we think eating pork is a sin and other arbitrary shit is a sin in ISLAM so...you shouldn't feel bad.....NO NO

YOU think I am a sin  (as a person.  its not a lifestyle or a choice...its like choosing to be brown skinned or black is a choice)...WHO I am is a SIN to your religion and to you (in some sects in your religion I could be stoned to death or be murdered).....(sexuality is a huge part of who we are....and that is why u were upset by people insulting your family...which is why I apologised from my heart)...

I want to ask you...If a gay man (in the closet because he had to be...there really is no choice in your religion...because he was embarrassed or shamed into being "straight") married your sister or daughter, had children and then ran around with men and then was found out.....broke their proverbial hearts  because he had to be in the closet and couldn't actually marry the man he wanted but was forced to marry your kin cause there was no way out....what would you think?  Wouldn't he...having an open and honest lifestyle be optimal?  Instead of living a lie and crushing so many hearts because he had to hide?

I don't understand your religion...its like the religious right here, Aristocrat.  It's not compassionate.  It's judges me (i honestly can not control my sexuality....I have tried...and have wanted to die because of it) as a sin,....the same sin as eating pork ??? What?  That's so insulting, Aristocrat.

Love the sinner, hate the sin makes me wanna puke.  It's what all fundamental religious people say, whilst pontificating from their pulpits worshipping dusty old fairy tale books written by dusty old people that may or may not have existed hundreds of years ago.....

Meanwhile there are people here...living people who are suffering and bleeding because somewhere in LEVITICUS blah blah says something about gays...and people kill, hate, and judge them cause of it..  Would you be shunned and possibly stoned and killed because you ate pork, Aristocrat? 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 11:50:42 pm by dippedinblush »

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #12099 on: June 25, 2020, 07:29:14 am »
uh oh