• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #12061 on: June 23, 2020, 12:19:47 pm »
>:(   "You've released the virus. Do you know what you've done?!?"
 :cry:   "Sorry Sir"
 >:(   "That's one whole OSHA violation. You just lost out on the pizza party this Friday"
...and ruined it for everyone else.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #12062 on: June 23, 2020, 09:52:17 pm »
I shared this in Foreigners in South Korea but they didn't approve it. Still applies to everyone.

Something I've noticed about Foreign Groups on Facebook that I'd like to say. It specifically concerns people posting and looking for work in Korea.

a) Do not tell people from countries other then US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa that they have a chance at teaching English here. It's not kind. I always see some 20 something year old girl from SEA come in here and ask about teaching English here and there's always one person who says "Oh yeah, you just gotta find someone who will hire you. You're not a native speaker? Oh, but you speak English well? Oh, yeah. No problem! Just look for privates!" This is NOT helpful. There are, like, 2 Thai people in the country doing this and it's probably illegal anyway. It's not realistic to tell people who aren't native speakers that they can do it.

This doesn't mean that it CAN'T happen, or that it never happens, but you're not being realistic telling some Nepalese guy that teaching English here is a realistic option for them.

b) Speaking about employment more generally.......... ...

Person A: I want to work in Korea.

Person B: Oh, you need a visa for that. What job experience do you have?

Person A: I am 20. I graduated high school and live at home. I worked on my uncle's farm for 3 months one summer.

Person C: Get an F Visa! Then you can work anywhere!

Don't be person C. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY for this person to get an F visa.

They're not a gyopo. They're not marrying a Korean. They don't have 100 000 000W in investment money (if they did, do you think they'd be asking US for help? C'mon) and the points system for the merit based F visa just got a lot more difficult. They don't live here, it's NOT realistic.

I know you're probably trying to be helpful, but you're really not.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 10:22:23 pm by CO2 »
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #12063 on: June 23, 2020, 11:40:55 pm »
Check out laowhy86's videos on the research centre. Long story short, in October there were job adverts trying to get more people in to work on a 'new strain'. Basically either some of the workers got contaminated (liquid spills/close contact with the virus) and went to the wet market without knowing, OR someone tasked with disposal of the subjects decided to make a quick buck and sell them instead. (common in China) One of the whistleblowers from the facility was silenced and 'removed' from the website worker bio page and hasn't been heard from since.

Yet there are people out there who believe it DIDN'T come from Wuhan, China. If there are any conspiracy theorists out there, it's them.

While I don't buy the idea that China purposefully released the virus to whipe us out or anything, some idiot screwing around in a lab and accidentally spreading it is pretty plausible. Hey man, we all have our bad days!

This is utterly insane. Numerous scientists around the world have debunked the "COVID19 was made in a lab" nonsense that you both are pushing. No-one doubts the virus originated in Wuhan, but it occurred naturally. It doesn't matter what you want to believe to push whatever agenda you're pursuing. The only thing that matters is actual objective facts.

"Scientists: 'Exactly zero' evidence COVID-19 came from a lab" https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/05/scientists-exactly-zero-evidence-covid-19-came-lab

"How we know the COVID-19 coronavirus wasn't made in a lab" https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-lab-manmade-myth-debunked-2020-6

These are just two articles from countless others you could find with a simple search.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #12064 on: June 24, 2020, 12:11:57 am »
Debunked?

Read every line closely.

... Nonsense.
"Suggestions" and probabilities are unfounded and speculative.

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #12065 on: June 24, 2020, 07:43:26 am »
Chillsberg, have you read either of the articles that you yourself posted, or did you just grab the top 2 google search results that appeared to substantiate your claim?
Neither of those "debunk" the possibility that Covid was made in a lab.

« Reply #12066 on: June 24, 2020, 07:53:24 am »
Not to be that "Listen to Guy on Joe Rogan" guy, but biologist Bret Weinstein has some things to say on COVID's origins that are certainly food for thought. Does this mean he is right and should be taken as true? Of course not, but between this and his discussion of telomeric differences in lab mice, regular mice, and humans is certainly something to consider.

https://youtu.be/pRCzZp1J0v0?t=6770

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #12067 on: June 24, 2020, 07:56:15 am »
Oh dear...

''But it occurred naturally''

Did it? Do you know that? How do you know that? Has there been an international investigation from a non-CCP bankrolled organisation? Have China allowed countries into the area to completely strip apart the reasons why this happened? Have the CCP admitted to attempting to cover up/silence/disappear people who tried to raise the alarm? Did the WHO advise that 'there is no proof of human to human transmission' and that 'border closures are unnecessary'?

Looks to me like you have already decided that China must be believed and that possible reasons why this happened that paint China in a bad light are 'CoNSpIrAcY tHeOriEs'

12 posts and you are going to pipe up on this topic?... HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 08:00:04 am by Colburnnn »
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #12068 on: June 24, 2020, 09:52:25 am »
12 posts and you are going to pipe up on this topic?... HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ah yes this is definitely encouraging for any new posters...

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #12069 on: June 24, 2020, 10:13:57 am »
ah yes this is definitely encouraging for any new posters...

Seems strange to pick this topic to start your Waygook career, don't you think?

One would choose a lighter topic such as various food threads, work related threads, lesson planning threads and the like. Not staunch defence of the CCP and going after credible viral outbreak theories. No one said that the CCP deliberately released the virus, only it may have escaped from.

C H A R I S M A

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #12070 on: June 24, 2020, 10:15:27 am »
Seems strange to pick this topic to start your Waygook career, don't you think?

One would choose a lighter topic such as various food threads, work related threads, lesson planning threads and the like. Not staunch defence of the CCP and going after credible viral outbreak theories. No one said that the CCP deliberately released the virus, only it may have escaped from.

C H A R I S M A

I mean I'm pretty sure I started my Waygook career either here or on the Trump thread lol

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #12071 on: June 24, 2020, 10:20:30 am »
I mean I'm pretty sure I started my Waygook career either here or on the Trump thread lol

Going after 3 prominent posters with bs articles that don't support your argument around a sensitive topic on your 12th post is pretty ballsy/bizarre and a recipe for blowback.

Perhaps we should have responded with balloons a welcome card and some rainbow candy to keep Tyler happy.

« Reply #12072 on: June 24, 2020, 10:20:34 am »
"How we know the COVID-19 coronavirus wasn't made in a lab" https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-lab-manmade-myth-debunked-2020-6

These are just two articles from countless others you could find with a simple search.

I went through the 2nd article. The first required turning off my adblocker, which I never do.

"certainly, accidents happen in laboratories," the high level of biocontainment at Shi's lab makes it unlikely, he said. BSL-4 labs have the most stringent biosafety protocols"

Much as I'd love to remain as objective as possible and detach politics from the equation, it's simply NOT possible when talking about China. In China, you're able to get away with marketing a decrepit, old sh*tbox as a 4-star Sheraton. The Red Cross in China functions nothing like the international standards of the Red Cross in other countries. You simply can't trust China to follow the same protocols other countries adder to.

"Having attended conferences at which Shi has spoken about her work, Le Duc said she is a highly reputable scientist. "She's always been extremely open, transparent, and collaborative, and I have no reason to doubt that she's telling the truth," he said.

Again, the CCP has a way of making you sing a very different tune and why should I take this guys word for it?

"Even so, Perlman decried the use of unproven origin theories to push agendas. "I think it's been used way too much as a political issue," he said. "This politicization of this is very unfortunate."

This stinks of soft-power propaganda. If a scientist is going to discuss the virus on a purely biological level, fine, but don't bring your political opinions into it by saying "the politicization is very unfortunate" when you're trying to detach politics... screw this person. Politics is the reason the virus spread through China and the rest of the world. Imagine your friend or family member got hit by a drunk driver and some asshat says "It wasn't the drunk driver that killed your sister, it was his car, so we should focus on reprimanding the car and be emphatic to the driver."

If the same thing happened in a country like the US, Korea or any other Democratic nation, yes, we could accept this kind of conclusion as there'd be transparency. Any kind of data coming out of China cannot be trusted. Scientists use this data to draw conclusions and create theories, so in this case, every single research methodology regarding the CCP virus will have the "China factor".

With this in mind, I think it would be foolish to blindly trust any scientific evidence regarding the origin of the virus. Science is only as good as the data.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #12073 on: June 24, 2020, 10:27:43 am »
I don't feel that just because somebody has a lower post count that they should stay out of discussions. Just the opposite, really.

Waygook is like any other forum: some people post a lot, and some people don't. Doesn't really say anything about the quality of their posts.  :undecided:

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #12074 on: June 24, 2020, 10:31:04 am »
I don't feel that just because somebody has a lower post count that they should stay out of discussions. Just the opposite, really.

Waygook is like any other forum: some people post a lot, and some people don't. Doesn't really say anything about the quality of their posts.  :undecided:

^Exactly. There's no reason to point out the post count, especially when we can just call out their argument itself for being nonsense

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #12075 on: June 24, 2020, 10:31:39 am »
Perhaps we should have responded with balloons a welcome card and some rainbow candy to keep Tyler happy.

yeah you probably should've, huh?

idk why you're surprised a new poster commented on a topic you guys wont stop posting about. your "12 posts and you are going to pipe up on this topic?... HMMMMMMMMMMMMM" comment makes it seem like you think it's a troll account or something. the colburnnn i know sticks to the arguments. LOL

after all, i began my waygook "career" arguing with eggieguffer (miss u buddy) about whether or not armenians are white. it just happened to be the topic of discussion at the time.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #12076 on: June 24, 2020, 10:38:51 am »
yeah you probably should've, huh?

idk why you're surprised a new poster commented on a topic you guys wont stop posting about. your "12 posts and you are going to pipe up on this topic?... HMMMMMMMMMMMMM" comment makes it seem like you think it's a troll account or something. the colburnnn i know sticks to the arguments. LOL

after all, i began my waygook "career" arguing with eggieguffer (miss u buddy) about whether or not armenians are white. it just happened to be the topic of discussion at the time.

No, I shouldn't have. At all.

It's not ok to 'keep posting about' this but it is ok to 'keep posting about' the President every damn day... Highly selective one aren't you goob.

It's suspicious. Hence the sarcastic HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMM

bb has the biggest cnut award, but you sir, seem to have been born not with a stick, but a huge log up your arse. It needs removing.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:41:33 am by Colburnnn »

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #12077 on: June 24, 2020, 10:40:18 am »

That's fine, but you come across as suspicious if you haven't taken the time to establish you are not a troll or a sock.

• 745sticky
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #12078 on: June 24, 2020, 10:42:50 am »
That's fine, but you come across as suspicious if you haven't taken the time to establish you are not a troll or a sock.

innocent until proven guilty  >:(

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #12079 on: June 24, 2020, 10:50:01 am »

That's true I guess.
But the poster's IP address is from within Korea and no other user is currently sharing it, if that's at all reassuring.