• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #11840 on: May 29, 2020, 10:11:05 am »
my man is VENTING

Yeah, I get that. 

What I don't get is why anyone would possibly expect something set up TWO WEEKS AGO to be operational at this point in these circumstances.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #11841 on: May 29, 2020, 10:28:46 am »
Yeah, as a preventative measure, it makes absolutely zero sense.

It's like they think Koreans are immune to covid-19 if they're coming from overseas. If that's the case, why worry about foreigners at all, lol?

Gawd.

I think the thing that I find most absurd about it is that F-4 visa holders are excluded from these new requirements.

« Reply #11842 on: May 29, 2020, 10:49:46 am »
Yeah, I have a lot of feels about it and can rant about it all day. But I won't. I'm properly frustrated enough over it that I need to force myself to focus on other things right now, lol. It's Korea. It's gonna have to reevaluate its views on foreigners (and subsequently its views on what is Korean) eventually if it ever wants to recover its birthrate.

I choose instead to be angry about the fact that I accidentally snorted up some spicy ramen powder a few minutes ago. I can't see through my tears.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #11843 on: May 29, 2020, 11:01:25 am »
Agreed. When I think about it I actually become quite angry, disgusted even. Despite all of it's quirks and piles of spit on the floor, I like Korea, Koreans have in general been nothing but welcoming to me. This is a deal breaker. Either you are for discrimination or against it. Black, White, Brown or Yellow.

If Korea thinks it's ok to behave like this, one hopes it is left out of important global conversations going forwards.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #11844 on: May 29, 2020, 11:36:28 am »

I choose instead to be angry about the fact that I accidentally snorted up some spicy ramen powder a few minutes ago.
jesus christ

« Reply #11845 on: May 29, 2020, 11:43:23 am »
jesus christ

You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

Do you know my pain?

« Reply #11846 on: May 29, 2020, 11:47:42 am »
I think the thing that I find most absurd about it is that F-4 visa holders are excluded from these new requirements.

I agree. It's nakedly racist/xenophobic coming from Korea's 'pure race' narrative that relies heavily on the idea of bloodlines. There's a certain group of Koreans, many of them older and in positions of power, whose understanding of human rights is not based on assumptions of humans being fundamentally equal but on 'harmony' i.e putting a 'no foreigners' sign on a business is a problem not because it fails to recognize an out-group as equals but because it makes some people upset.

My prediction is that if this F4 visa exemption is acknowledged by Korea it'll just be to say to the non-Koreans that "we're sorry if you were offended". It'll seem tone-deaf and to miss the point entirely because the people writing it fundamentally do not acknowledge discrimination as a problem in and of itself.

The main reason I stayed here was because I felt like Korea is a country progressing, and FAST. I thought that whatever problems they had they'd reduce or eliminate them in the foreseeable future; like a real-time enlightenment. Dumb waygook.  :rolleyes:

« Reply #11847 on: May 29, 2020, 12:21:08 pm »
You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

Do you know my pain?

The things kids do these days for their kicks!   :-*

I hope you videoed it, posted it on r/whatcouldgowrong and then waited for your medal!!

It would be so cool that every time a Korean questions your ability to eat spicy, just pull out a packet of 'Jin Ramyeon' powered soup and then snort it, while that is still burning, follow that up by eating a pack of the 'Buldalkbokkeum' ramyeon sauce and maintaining steely eye contact while you do it.  No questions asked ever again regarding your toughness and spicy food.  Never.  Again. Guaranteed.  You may even get a holiday replacing 개천절 which is lame in comparison.  I mean, a bear who ate 20 cloves of garlic over 21 days?  Pfft!! Chinguetti, 'hold my beer.....'. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:22:43 pm by Ronnie Omelettes »

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #11848 on: May 29, 2020, 12:28:59 pm »
Chinguetti at the office:

« Reply #11849 on: May 29, 2020, 12:30:32 pm »
As much as I also hate this new policy with the entry permit because I have an F6, and gotta see family in 2 countries but still treated like I have no business here in Korea, it may actually have reasoning behind it not related to corona but put in place because of corona......I imagine if all the foreigners living in Korea canceled summer vacations elsewhere and spent their money in Korea.....
 the actual impact might be small but its something to think about.....on top of not having to worry about many bringing in corona......

Does this policy also affect those not currently in Korea, who may come for jobs later?

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #11850 on: May 29, 2020, 12:38:12 pm »
As much as I also hate this new policy with the entry permit because I have an F6, and gotta see family in 2 countries but still treated like I have no business here in Korea, it may actually have reasoning behind it not related to corona but put in place because of corona......I imagine if all the foreigners living in Korea canceled summer vacations elsewhere and spent their money in Korea.....
 the actual impact might be small but its something to think about.....on top of not having to worry about many bringing in corona......

Does this policy also affect those not currently in Korea, who may come for jobs later?

Are you suggesting the money that would have been spent overseas would be spent in Korea (stimulating the economy/helping local businesses) If so, wouldn't it be 100x better to ban foreign travel? Then everyone would be spending their money here.

We know it isn't to stop corona virus as Koreans / F4 / Others are all at equal risk of importing it.

Interesting point, but it's xenophobia, nothing more nothing less. Let's call it what it is.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

« Reply #11851 on: May 29, 2020, 01:15:35 pm »
Friday lunchtimes are my thermal camera duties.  So I stand and check the students' temperatures as they walk through to go the canteen.  Two problems today, no three.  One was there were two guys calibrating the camera while I was doing the temperatures.  Doing a lot of talking and getting in my way.  Can you do that when the students aren't walking through?  Second, the weather is getting warmer so if the students are waiting outside the front door to come in, then they're waiting in the sun, so they're hotter when they walk through.  Last week, most students were about 36.3 but this week they are noticeably hotter at about 36.9.  How can we accurately tell the students' temperature as it gets warmer?  Third is, I told the senior teacher we should think about extending lunchtime from next Wednesday, because the 1st graders are back so that's about 500 students in total.  He told me, all the teachers have their various ideas about how we should do this.  At the moment, all students go home at 4:30pm so why not scrap the 20-minute cleaning time for the time being and have it from 4:30 to 4:50?  The students can still go home early.  We'll see. 

« Reply #11852 on: June 01, 2020, 08:17:35 am »
When does the air start getting consistently better? Late June? July? August?

« Reply #11853 on: June 01, 2020, 08:43:17 am »

For the past few years, you can never tell.  Now it's all year round.  Today is really nice, but from Wednesday is predicted crap air in the 140+ region by the AQI site.  But nowadays, there are no predictable decent bits like there were before.  IF there is a raining season this month/next month, then that could clear the air for a period.  But there hasn't been a decent raining season for yonks. 

The fukcing janitor guy just walked in all suited up with his disinfectant machine spraying essentially water + disinfectant all over my classroom.  This isn't the stuff that evaporates, so basically he's soaked my tables, chairs and sofas with liquid.  And even over the electrical equipment.  My classroom hasn't been used this year and there are no plans to use it this semester, so why soak my classroom?   >:(

« Reply #11854 on: June 01, 2020, 08:43:54 am »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #11855 on: June 01, 2020, 08:49:25 am »
For the past few years, you can never tell.  Now it's all year round.  Today is really nice, but from Wednesday is predicted crap air in the 140+ region by the AQI site.  But nowadays, there are no predictable decent bits like there were before.  IF there is a raining season this month/next month, then that could clear the air for a period.  But there hasn't been a decent raining season for yonks. 

The fukcing janitor guy just walked in all suited up with his disinfectant machine spraying essentially water + disinfectant all over my classroom.  This isn't the stuff that evaporates, so basically he's soaked my tables, chairs and sofas with liquid.  And even over the electrical equipment.  My classroom hasn't been used this year and there are no plans to use it this semester, so why soak my classroom?   >:(

Foreigners carry the Corona virus. I'm surprised he didn't hose you down too. :p <3
(Just joking for those who can't tell)

« Reply #11856 on: June 01, 2020, 08:52:37 am »
Lol

Hey theman, are you laughing at whether I'm qualified for this job?  I have the prerequisite.  Eyes.  Easiest job I ever got.  They just looked me deep in the eyes......and said, yes, you can do it. 

Third is, I told the senior teacher we should think about extending lunchtime from next Wednesday, because the 1st graders are back so that's about 500 students in total.  He told me, all the teachers have their various ideas about how we should do this.  At the moment, all students go home at 4:30pm so why not scrap the 20-minute cleaning time for the time being and have it from 4:30 to 4:50?  The students can still go home early.  We'll see.

Somebody listened.  All classes cut to 45 from 50 minutes meaning lunch time is an hour and a half long.  So no stress of getting students through quickly. 

« Reply #11857 on: June 01, 2020, 09:06:42 am »
Hey theman, are you laughing at whether I'm qualified for this job?
Haha. I'm laughing because I can't imagine my school asking me to do something like this. Must be a trust thing (or lack thereof)

• Lazio
  • Super Waygook

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #11858 on: June 01, 2020, 09:25:45 am »

When you move back home.
This year hasn't been that bad so far. It's all relative though so I'm comparing it to previous years. As long as the air is dry, there can be bad pollution days. Once the monsoon arrives it will be much better. Even if there is no rain, we would get more humid air coming from the South and not the West (China).

« Reply #11859 on: June 01, 2020, 11:33:57 am »
When you move back home.
This year hasn't been that bad so far. It's all relative though so I'm comparing it to previous years. As long as the air is dry, there can be bad pollution days. Once the monsoon arrives it will be much better. Even if there is no rain, we would get more humid air coming from the South and not the West (China).

Wow that's awful. Glad I'll be going home then. It's such a shame.