Read 1933258 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #11640 on: April 21, 2020, 01:43:00 pm »
"I'm 14 and going to get all the bitches now that I've baptized myself in my dad's Old Spice" strategy
Hahahahaha

« Reply #11641 on: April 21, 2020, 01:47:53 pm »
School just sent out a notice about teacher lunches for after school starts back in-person 5,000 won per day.....think I'll bring my own from now on

« Reply #11642 on: April 21, 2020, 02:14:00 pm »
It's close enough though. And I've always been someone who perspires a lot, even back when I was in shape and played sports a lot.
So, deodorants like nivea and lynx are all I've needed to stick with.
And in NZ, perfumes, even ones marketed for men, are considered really girly/womanly.

And the names you listed for your perfumes make me have no idea what they are meant to be used for.

How you think you smell and how others think you smell aren't always the same. Antiperspirant and deodorant aren't meant to have smells, they're meant to keep your pits dry so you sweat and are less likely to stink. If you want to use it as a substitute for a perfume, go ahead, but it has its risks; you'll smell synthetic, generic, cheap or just plain foul.

I train 4-6 times a week and have worked out that, at least for me, BO is eliminated by proper hygiene, breathable clothing and a solid antiperspirant that goes on DRY and has almost no smell. Cheap polyester doesn't breathe and makes you sweat more profusely, those expensive Adidas Clima-Cool tees do serve a purpose other than looking cool while training.
My wife actually says that even when I sweat or come home after a long workout, I smell amazing. I'm guessing that since I put on perfume almost every morning, it starts to mix into my body chemistry.   

I really don't have to prove my masculinity to anyone. Some balding dude with a beer gut wants to call me prissy for wanting to smell and look nice, go ahead.

Male fragrances range from very effeminate to uber masculine and you're free to pick whichever you like. The names are usually in French or Italian and won't likely tell you exactly how you should use them... it's an Art. Just like MJ didn't title "Billy Jean" as "That one song that's good to dance to". You kind of have to do a bit of the work yourself and believe it or not, some people find the process enjoyable.

I'm far from an expert in perfume, I've learned what I believe is enough to be able to find something that works for me.

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
« Reply #11643 on: April 21, 2020, 02:36:15 pm »
I really don't have to prove my masculinity to anyone.

Which is really confusing since you mention it about a twenty times a day in just about every thread on the site.  Have a day off mate.

« Reply #11644 on: April 21, 2020, 03:02:46 pm »
Which is really confusing since you mention it about a twenty times a day in just about every thread on the site.  Have a day off mate.

Post count has definitely upped during these deskwarming days, there's only so much music theory to study, YouTube to watch and assignments to procrastinate from 9 - 16:30.

« Reply #11645 on: April 21, 2020, 04:41:01 pm »
How you think you smell and how others think you smell aren't always the same. Antiperspirant and deodorant aren't meant to have smells, they're meant to keep your pits dry so you sweat and are less likely to stink. If you want to use it as a substitute for a perfume, go ahead, but it has its risks; you'll smell synthetic, generic, cheap or just plain foul.

I train 4-6 times a week and have worked out that, at least for me, BO is eliminated by proper hygiene, breathable clothing and a solid antiperspirant that goes on DRY and has almost no smell. Cheap polyester doesn't breathe and makes you sweat more profusely, those expensive Adidas Clima-Cool tees do serve a purpose other than looking cool while training.
My wife actually says that even when I sweat or come home after a long workout, I smell amazing. I'm guessing that since I put on perfume almost every morning, it starts to mix into my body chemistry.   
Aristocrat is 100% right on all of this. Anti-perspirant/Deoderant should be unscented with a cologne as your scent or nothing at all. Smelling like "Mountain Fresh" smells more like an air freshener than anything else.

From past comments on here, it seems a number of posters are ignorant and/or dismissive of hygiene. Ignorance regarding breathable fabrics. Not bathing everyday. Not wearing an undershirt. Taking a dump post-morning bathing and just using dry toilet paper. Not using a fresh towel every day. Not understanding about unscented deoderant and whatnot. Not showering twice a day during the summer. Etc. Etc.

You encounter these people on a regular basis. Most are already somewhat slovenly in appearance. But there's a few who seem to have gotten 8~9/10 things right but missed the last, and on a hot summer day, boy can you tell.

If you don't do these things or a few others, say these words: "I'm foul and I need to step up my game." The key is admitting where you have a problem.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #11646 on: April 21, 2020, 04:45:31 pm »
Haven't you got anything more mature to do than tell people you don't know and you're never going to meet that they smell?

« Reply #11647 on: April 21, 2020, 05:25:55 pm »
Haven't you got anything more mature to do than tell people you don't know and you're never going to meet that they smell?

Like telling people you don't know and you're (sic) never going to meet that they should change their Religious views to whatever you deem correct?

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #11648 on: April 21, 2020, 05:55:30 pm »

Like telling people you don't know and you're (sic) never going to meet that they should change their Religious views to whatever you deem correct?

Oh, you're still going on about that, i thought you were claiming to be bored of it a few posts ago. Also there's nothing wrong with 'you're never going to meet.' Try giving the weight lifting/guitar playing/perfume sniffing a break for a while and look at a few grammar books. It is your job afterall.

« Reply #11649 on: April 21, 2020, 06:14:02 pm »
Oh, you're still going on about that, i thought you were claiming to be bored of it a few posts ago. Also there's nothing wrong with 'you're never going to meet.' Try giving the weight lifting/guitar playing/perfume sniffing a break for a while and look at a few grammar books. It is your job afterall.

OK...

Grammar Lesson 1:

after all not "afterall"
...and are never going to meet, not  "and you're never going to meet"

Practice what you preach

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #11650 on: April 21, 2020, 06:20:52 pm »
General teaching lesson 1.

Learn the difference between grammar and vocabulary. 

Grammar lesson 1.

You're talking crap. It's perfectly OK to repeat the subject in a sentence.

E.g. 'I went to the shops and I bought some cheese. ' You don't have to say 'I went to the shops and bought some cheese.'

« Reply #11651 on: April 21, 2020, 06:48:28 pm »
General teaching lesson 1.

Learn the difference between grammar and vocabulary. 

Grammar lesson 1.

You're talking crap. It's perfectly OK to repeat the subject in a sentence.

E.g. 'I went to the shops and I bought some cheese. ' You don't have to say 'I went to the shops and bought some cheese.'

The joke doesn't quite deliver if I'm pedantic enough to say "Grammar and Vocab"

I'm trying to figure out why you have such a problem with me. I've been in Korea a while, don't have kids and haven't really studied Korean, which means I've had plenty of free time to improve my skills and develop my interests in a variety of fields.
I speak about these things with passion because I'm passionate about them. If it bothers or intimidates you that I take I have gathered knowledge in a number of fields then that's your problem.

If it bothers you that I follow a Religion you have an issue with, that is, again, your problem. My account says I've been a member since 2014, I challenge you to find a single post where I mock someone's beliefs, even Atheists. You come across as far more intolerant than any Muslim I've ever met. Ironic, isn't it?
If I come across as a know-it-all, I'm not apologizing. I speak with passion and conviction, not arrogance. If you think otherwise, don't engage. I'll continue to post and start threads on anything that tickles my fancy.

That aside, I'm not looking to make enemies here are for things to get ugly. So, I'll just forget everything that happened up to this point.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #11652 on: April 21, 2020, 06:59:44 pm »
As I said before, you can dish it out (stick) but you can't take it. Not interested in debating relaigion with you either, I just react when someone has an unecessary go at someone, like you did to Titus Groan.  Also as I said before I don't see religion as a sacred cow.  He made some comment about drinking instead of exercising so you took the piss out of him. You made some comment about not eating during day time and I took the piss out of you. Same thing IMO. 

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #11653 on: April 22, 2020, 07:35:46 am »
He made some comment about drinking instead of exercising so you took the piss out of him. You made some comment about not eating during day time and I took the piss out of you. Same thing IMO. 

you really can't see the difference between making fun of someone for saying "i'm drinking for exercise" and "i'm fasting for religious reasons"?

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #11654 on: April 22, 2020, 07:58:38 am »
I can't. Because the person who is not religious doesn't see religion as an excuse for something. Some catholic priests abused some kids? Yes, but they are catholic. Some Muslims murdered some people at at concert, a beach promenade, at a gay club? Yes, but they are muslim. No, mate. Some pedos and some terrorists.

Being religious is not an excuse for something. It is YOUR excuse for something.

Also, park the whole, you can't make fun of someone for 'religious reasons'. You can make fun of anything someone chooses to do. For example, you can take the piss out of someone who chooses to go birdwatching, you can't take the piss out of someone for having a big nose. This whole, '<insert whatever type of person>...phobia' bs needs to die, and fast. Things need criticising so they fit into our societies.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:36:43 am by Colburnnn »
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #11655 on: April 22, 2020, 08:02:54 am »
enter "corporate needs you to find the difference between these sentences" meme here

i need to lose weight
- don't drink alcohol then

i need to get more energy while exercising
- don't fast then

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #11656 on: April 22, 2020, 08:24:04 am »
Aristocrat is 100% right on all of this. Anti-perspirant/Deoderant should be unscented with a cologne as your scent or nothing at all. Smelling like "Mountain Fresh" smells more like an air freshener than anything else.

From past comments on here, it seems a number of posters are ignorant and/or dismissive of hygiene. Ignorance regarding breathable fabrics. Not bathing everyday. Not wearing an undershirt. Taking a dump post-morning bathing and just using dry toilet paper. Not using a fresh towel every day. Not understanding about unscented deoderant and whatnot. Not showering twice a day during the summer. Etc. Etc.

You encounter these people on a regular basis. Most are already somewhat slovenly in appearance. But there's a few who seem to have gotten 8~9/10 things right but missed the last, and on a hot summer day, boy can you tell.

If you don't do these things or a few others, say these words: "I'm foul and I need to step up my game." The key is admitting where you have a problem.

I disagree on the deodorant/antiperspirant needing to be unscented thing. I've always used a scented one and unless it has a really strong smell, tends to be really subtle, to the point you can't even smell it after a couple mins anyway. There are also some really nice smelling ones.
But like I mentioned, where I'm from, guys who get perfumes / colognes are gay. So when I saw the original post about it, I couldn't, and still don't, understand how someone, who claims to be straight, puts that much effort into choosing and using that stuff, when there are much simpler solutions out there; but again, it stems from guy culture from where I was raised.

Before Korea, I worked out every day, I always shower twice a day, and have never had a complaint about smell; unless after farting counts. :P

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #11657 on: April 22, 2020, 08:28:01 am »
I can't. Because the person who is not not religious doesn't see religion as an excuse for something. Some catholic priests abused some kids? Yes, but they are catholic. Some Muslims murdered some people at at concert, a beach promenade, at a gay club? Yes, but they are muslim. No, mate. Some pedos and some terrorists.

Being religious is not an excuse for something. It is YOUR excuse for something.

Also, park the whole, you can't make fun of someone for 'religious reasons'. You can make fun of anything someone chooses to do. For example, you can take the piss out of someone who chooses to go birdwatching, you can't take the piss out of someone for having a big nose. This whole, '<insert whatever type of person>...phobia' bs needs to die, and fast. Things need criticising so they fit into our societies.

This. If someone chooses to do something they can't claim victim status when someone mocks them. Like the BJ letterbox comment, those women are choosing to wear that gear.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:30:02 am by stoat »

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #11658 on: April 22, 2020, 08:29:00 am »
Steels is clearly not a Lynx man.

• Datasapien
  • Expert Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #11659 on: April 22, 2020, 08:31:17 am »
Steels is clearly not a Lynx man.

Lol god, the smell of Lynx  :laugh: Remember at school most of the lads would just drown themselves in Lynx rather than shower after PE. You could taste it in the back of your throat for the rest of the day.
I never finish anyth