Read 1933285 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #11620 on: April 20, 2020, 08:50:37 am »
there are so many argumentative people on FB right now
I haven't logged into facebook a single time since 2015. In fact I disabled my account altogether. Try it.

« Reply #11621 on: April 20, 2020, 08:50:49 am »
Maybe it's just the quarantine and self-isolation, but there are so many argumentative people on FB right now, far more than the norm. All they want to do is fight, and if they can't find a reason, they'll make one up until they can provoke someone into taking the bait.  Lots of one-upmanship taking place, too, and with none of the friendly banter that can go along with more of the lighthearted cases.

It's like there's some kind of psychosis going around where people feel an incessant need to prove that they're better than everyone else. I know that this is the internet, but there were pockets of safety here and there, and they've all been invaded.

The chill just isn't there.

I've said it before in reference to a few posters here, but it's literally just people looking for that next little dopamine hit they get whenever someone responds to whatever they're posting, either in agreement or against. And everyone is also super cranky, too, so more inclined to get into an argument over stuff, which just makes a positive feedback loop for people to keep posting antagonistic BS.

« Reply #11622 on: April 21, 2020, 08:31:50 am »
My new CT is one of those people who simply does not know when a conversation has ended.

We're in separate rooms and she's kind enough to pop in and greet me in the mornings. Thing is, after exchanging pleasantries and discussing the plan for the day, she'll just stand there... waiting for me to bring up a new topic... we seem to average around 4 awkward silences per conversation.

I'll throw hints like "I've got a lot of work to do today", "I have an assignment due tomorrow", "Thanks, I'll let you know if I need anything", "I'm about to record my video lessons" no dice.
I feel guilty throwing her under the bus, she's really sweet and constantly asks if there's anything I need, but the cringe is getting a bit ridiculous.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #11623 on: April 21, 2020, 08:42:16 am »
My new CT is one of those people who simply does not know when a conversation has ended.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI5wg2atSL8
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #11624 on: April 21, 2020, 08:46:23 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI5wg2atSL8

Perfection!

Though not sure it would work. I said "Thanks, I'll see you at lunch" then fixed my gaze to my laptop and started typing... 10sec later... she's still standing there.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #11625 on: April 21, 2020, 08:58:39 am »
I've said it before in reference to a few posters here, but it's literally just people looking for that next little dopamine hit they get whenever someone responds to whatever they're posting, either in agreement or against. And everyone is also super cranky, too, so more inclined to get into an argument over stuff, which just makes a positive feedback loop for people to keep posting antagonistic BS.

I mostly just use facebook as instagram these days. Some of my family members, like my parents, don't use instagram. So, I occasionally drop photos and stuff on there for them to see what I'm up to; and I use it more like skype to video call them too. Having the 1 platform that can do that, makes it easier on them.
I also check it at work while bored haha.

« Reply #11626 on: April 21, 2020, 09:14:26 am »

We're in separate rooms and she's kind enough to pop in and greet me in the mornings. Thing is, after exchanging pleasantries and discussing the plan for the day, she'll just stand there... waiting for me to bring up a new topic... we seem to average around 4 awkward silences per conversation.

I'll throw hints like "I've got a lot of work to do today", "I have an assignment due tomorrow", "Thanks, I'll let you know if I need anything", "I'm about to record my video lessons" no dice.
I feel guilty throwing her under the bus, she's really sweet and constantly asks if there's anything I need, but the cringe is getting a bit ridiculous.
Wait, does she know you're married? Sounds like your religious workout regimen is paying off :laugh:

« Reply #11627 on: April 21, 2020, 09:43:36 am »
Wait, does she know you're married? Sounds like your religious workout regimen is paying off :laugh:

She knows, she's also pregnant so... that would be beyond scandalous.

Maybe she likes the Prada L'Homme? Started using it for work this year. I'll try spraying it in her classroom, maybe that'll keep her there.

« Reply #11628 on: April 21, 2020, 09:47:46 am »
I'll try spraying it in her classroom, maybe that'll keep her there.
Spray some on me too :laugh: Umm, you know, for the wife...

« Reply #11629 on: April 21, 2020, 09:56:23 am »
Prada L'Homme
On a serious note, I've never been one for male perfume, but maybe it'll help me feel more distinguished. Aren't they ludicrously expensive? How long will a small-ish bottle (100ml) last? Is their a website for these things?

I feel like everything's just a little more expensive on Gmarket.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #11630 on: April 21, 2020, 10:08:12 am »

This Olive Young is the largest one I've ever seen and had a massive selection.

http://naver.me/5jW6o0Rq

« Reply #11631 on: April 21, 2020, 10:33:42 am »
On a serious note, I've never been one for male perfume, but maybe it'll help me feel more distinguished. Aren't they ludicrously expensive? How long will a small-ish bottle (100ml) last? Is their a website for these things?

Quite a markup in Korea and it's pretty reckless to "blind buy" and blow $100 on something you smelled once in the store.
It takes time to find something you like, so no use buying a whole bottle and discovering you don't like it.

Fragrances are like clothes, you wouldn't wear a tuxedo to an ESL classroom, nor would you wear beach attire. Certain fragrances are made for work, they have more of a clean subtle smell and they don't project far (good when you're sitting close to others). Others work best in winter, they have leathery or woody notes and a strong enough to tolerate low humidity environments. Use a winter fragrance, like Bvlgari Man in Black in humid summer, in the class and you'd probably be asked to leave.

When I want something new, I first consider what occasion and season I'll be wearing it.
I narrow down a list of say 10, then I order 1ml samples, each lasts a few days.
Once I've made up my mind, I wait till I go on vacation and pick up what I need at duty-free. There are websites, but you're pretty lucky if it gets through customs without duties being applied.

How long does a 100ml bottle last? It depends

Prada L'Homme is my year-round work fragrance, that's exactly what it's made for, it's clean, unoffensive and professional. It's a 100ml bottle and will probably be the first one I have to replace since I wear it the most often. About 3 sprays are enough for me, where you spray is down to preference, but behind the earlobe and at the neck are good choices (don't rub it in). It should last about a year, I'm guessing. A tip is to get a small jar of vaseline, or even unscented Nivea. Rub a bit of that on the areas of your skin you're spraying and the fragrance will last longer.

Something like my Armani Code Profumo is strictly for cool to cold days and is a bit more potent, so 2 sprays are plenty for me.
For summer outside school, I'm going to use Guerlain Ideal Cool, most don't like this one but I do.

You don't need to spend loads, nobody can smell how much you paid for something. Just make sure you buy the correct fragrance for the correct occasion.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #11633 on: April 21, 2020, 10:58:27 am »
Quite a markup in Korea and it's pretty reckless to "blind buy" and blow $100 on something you smelled once in the store.
It takes time to find something you like, so no use buying a whole bottle and discovering you don't like it.

Fragrances are like clothes, you wouldn't wear a tuxedo to an ESL classroom, nor would you wear beach attire. Certain fragrances are made for work, they have more of a clean subtle smell and they don't project far (good when you're sitting close to others). Others work best in winter, they have leathery or woody notes and a strong enough to tolerate low humidity environments. Use a winter fragrance, like Bvlgari Man in Black in humid summer, in the class and you'd probably be asked to leave.

When I want something new, I first consider what occasion and season I'll be wearing it.
I narrow down a list of say 10, then I order 1ml samples, each lasts a few days.
Once I've made up my mind, I wait till I go on vacation and pick up what I need at duty-free. There are websites, but you're pretty lucky if it gets through customs without duties being applied.

How long does a 100ml bottle last? It depends

Prada L'Homme is my year-round work fragrance, that's exactly what it's made for, it's clean, unoffensive and professional. It's a 100ml bottle and will probably be the first one I have to replace since I wear it the most often. About 3 sprays are enough for me, where you spray is down to preference, but behind the earlobe and at the neck are good choices (don't rub it in). It should last about a year, I'm guessing. A tip is to get a small jar of vaseline, or even unscented Nivea. Rub a bit of that on the areas of your skin you're spraying and the fragrance will last longer.

Something like my Armani Code Profumo is strictly for cool to cold days and is a bit more potent, so 2 sprays are plenty for me.
For summer outside school, I'm going to use Guerlain Ideal Cool, most don't like this one but I do.

You don't need to spend loads, nobody can smell how much you paid for something. Just make sure you buy the correct fragrance for the correct occasion.

You put in a too much effort for this.
If I can get NZ deo, I go with Lynx anarchy white (it's a dry one, nice smell, but not over powering, and inexpensive); In Korea, Nivia dry for men, in the silver bottle. <- much simpler and just as good, IMO. Actually, probably better, cause based on stuff you said, it sounds much more expensive than my way. :P

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #11635 on: April 21, 2020, 11:03:27 am »

« Reply #11636 on: April 21, 2020, 11:12:25 am »
You put in a too much effort for this.
If I can get NZ deo, I go with Lynx anarchy white (it's a dry one, nice smell, but not over powering, and inexpensive); In Korea, Nivia dry for men, in the silver bottle. <- much simpler and just as good, IMO. Actually, probably better, cause based on stuff you said, it sounds much more expensive than my way. :P

Just putting the options out there.

The name antiperspirant should be your first hint as to what it's meant to be used for.
It's not the same as perfume, but hey, by all means, you rock that "I'm 14 and going to get all the bitches now that I've baptized myself in my dad's Old Spice" strategy.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:14:44 am by Aristocrat »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #11637 on: April 21, 2020, 11:19:35 am »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #11638 on: April 21, 2020, 12:55:42 pm »

The name antiperspirant should be your first hint as to what it's meant to be used for.
It's not the same as perfume, but hey, by all means, you rock that "I'm 14 and going to get all the bitches now that I've baptized myself in my dad's Old Spice" strategy.

It's close enough though. And I've always been someone who perspires a lot, even back when I was in shape and played sports a lot.
So, deodorants like nivea and lynx are all I've needed to stick with.
And in NZ, perfumes, even ones marketed for men, are considered really girly/womanly.

And the names you listed for your perfumes make me have no idea what they are meant to be used for.

• Renma
  • Adventurer

• September 01, 2014, 06:09:42 am
« Reply #11639 on: April 21, 2020, 01:38:13 pm »

I'll counter kayos and say I tend to enjoy reading these long informative posts you make.