Read 1933322 times

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #11600 on: April 16, 2020, 11:13:17 am »
The irony is Bill Gates tried to warn us about a future pandemic and even donated his own money towards stopping it. Without him, the situation would be worse.

I KNOW!!!!!

I try telling them QAnon is pushing this and they don't flinch.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #11601 on: April 16, 2020, 11:39:20 am »
It makes me sad to see a good man smeared as bad.

George Soros donated tons of his money to help make the world a better place and he was slandered as evil (by some).

He's about to die because he's so old so I guess Bill Gates is the next boogieman.

• L I
  • The Legend

« Reply #11602 on: April 16, 2020, 11:41:57 am »
Some rich people are good.

Rich doesn't necessarily equal evil.

Many want to help the world.

They donate their money to do so. 

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #11603 on: April 16, 2020, 11:42:42 am »
Thanks for posting before I was born there Brainiac.  Maybe put some money on there being a pandemic in 2020 and see if you can win some money. 
Great, well done there futuristic brainiac.  Did you put that money on there being a pandemic?  Also, is EPIK still hiring and firing in 2257?  Is Alex still living in Korea wondering if he's a good teacher or not?  Curious.
Good job!

1. Nah. In the multiverse reality where we have internet and unironic bellbottoms concurrently was able to purge the first incidences of anti-vaxxers and was therefore able to synthesis universal vaccines for everything well before 2020. Too bad about how it ultimately led to the creation of grey-goo... although I guess that did sort of put to rest the whole environment issue...

2. Yep. As Chinese has replaced English as second language in all of East Asia a century ago, Alex is the only remaining English teacher left in the whole peninsula.  During those intermittent periods when he's actually employed, he basks in the sure knowledge that he is the very *best* English teacher in Korea!

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #11604 on: April 16, 2020, 12:13:15 pm »
The irony is Bill Gates tried to warn us about a future pandemic and even donated his own money towards stopping it. Without him, the situation would be worse.
How does the blue pill taste?

« Reply #11605 on: April 16, 2020, 12:19:24 pm »
CT - Your online lesson was very good, when c you do the next one?

Me - How many periods are you allocating to each lesson?

(back and forth trying to clarify to an English major what a period means)

CT - 6 "times" for lesson 1.

Me - ... Lesson 1's title is "What Grade are you in?" I'm not going to make 6 PPTs on counting from 1-12 in ordinal numbers.

Me - Also, online lessons start today, it's April 16th, the semester has been delayed by nearly 2 months. If I spend 6 periods/weeks on one lesson, we wouldn't be able to finish even half the textbook by the end of the year.

CT - ... Ok, 2 "times" per lesson.

Me - ... ok (She went from 6 periods to 2 periods within 30 seconds?)

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #11606 on: April 16, 2020, 12:22:53 pm »
Out of curiosity, what's the red pill in this scenario? That Bill Gates and his foundation are spending hundreds of millions of USD on vaccine and treatment possibilities in order to... what? Fill it with Ethylmercury and poison everybody?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:42:14 pm by kyndo »

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
« Reply #11607 on: April 16, 2020, 12:25:48 pm »
Me - ... ok (She went from 6 periods to 2 periods within 30 seconds?)

Classic  :laugh:

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #11608 on: April 16, 2020, 12:53:06 pm »
Oh my f'ing gawd, if one more of my friends or family members tries to tell me Bill Gates started the virus to control the entire human population. GTFOH!!!

My uncle is one of those people posting all over facebook about that too.
If it's not the Bill Gates one, it's: "google is a leftist propoganda tool used to try silence trump supporters."
If it's not that: "why do all the healthy people have to suffer during this virus. Shouldn't only the at risk people have to isolate?" <- he's someone who has an underlying health issue too.
If it's not that: "trump is handling covid-19 better than obama handled the swine flu (or whatever it was) during his presidency."
or other crap like this.
I feel ya on this one man.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #11609 on: April 16, 2020, 01:07:40 pm »
How does the blue pill taste?
Out of curiosity, what's the red pill in this scenario? That Bill Gates and his foundation are spending hundreds of millions of USD on vaccine and treatment possibilities in order to... what? Fill it with and poison everybody?

You guys should have a chat.  :D

BUt yeah basically Gates foundation is copyrighting viruses in order to give people sub dermal vaccines in order to track them and blah blah blah

« Reply #11610 on: April 16, 2020, 01:15:21 pm »
You do realise that Bill Gates is an anagram for 'Labs Legit', spooky huh?

It's also an anagram for 'bagel list' and 'la giblets', so probably wouldn't look too much into that. 

Sorry.

*gone*

• L I
  • The Legend

« Reply #11611 on: April 16, 2020, 01:24:55 pm »
The Gates Foundation announced that it will spend an additional $150 million on coronavirus relief efforts, bringing its total commitment to $250 million.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey announced he was donating $1 billion towards a relief fund

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg have committed $100 million and $25 million, respectively

• L I
  • The Legend

« Reply #11612 on: April 16, 2020, 01:31:49 pm »
(That's happy news, not a rant.) There are many good rich people in the world who use their wealth to help the less fortunate.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #11613 on: April 16, 2020, 01:35:08 pm »
dorsey news is good. what a dude. gates is already trying to do a lot. bezos and the zucc, on the other hand, can **** right off

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #11614 on: April 16, 2020, 01:47:25 pm »
I guess when you already have everything you've ever wanted, the next thing one would rationally work towards is securing a legacy. Having your name linked with the destruction of a disease like Malaria will mean that people will remember you long after you're dead. It's an ethically acceptable way of purchasing some kind of immortality.

Not that I'm complaining: if only more of the obscenely wealthy did this, then the world would be a much better place.

« Reply #11615 on: April 16, 2020, 03:07:39 pm »
I love how these vaxx conspiracy theory people think that 7.5 billion of these will instantly appear to vaccinate everyone simultaneously and that not one single doctor or chemist will bother to look at what is in the vaccine anywhere around the world.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #11616 on: April 16, 2020, 03:12:48 pm »
I love how these vaxx conspiracy theory people think that 7.5 billion of these will instantly appear to vaccinate everyone simultaneously and that not one single doctor or chemist will bother to look at what is in the vaccine anywhere around the world.

Apparently Gates' discussion about how vaccines will reduce human population is where people think he is now Thanos;
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bill-gates-vaccinations-depopulation/?fbclid=IwAR1X5AWtfoVl9PcfRY4SZI74IujLhsne-dMQk0qQMhv_pIVuaoIaGIqy0as

In society after society, he saw, when the mortality rate falls—specifically, below 10 deaths per 1,000 people—the birth rate follows, and population growth stabilizes. “It goes against common sense,” Gates says. Most parents don’t choose to have eight children because they want to have big families, it turns out, but because they know many of their children will die.

“If a mother and father know their child is going to live to adulthood, they start to naturally reduce their population size,” says Melinda.

« Reply #11617 on: April 16, 2020, 06:08:49 pm »

Ugh

Flat Earthers, Antivacs, Lizard Men and now this nonsense.

Best thing to do is right now is not to bother with low hanging fruit. I'm betting the mockery these 5G Space Cadets are receiving far outweigh their online or real world presence.

« Reply #11618 on: April 18, 2020, 10:49:09 am »
You can read all you want about the Covid19 virus on the internet.  You can follow the global cases and deaths and over time you get a bit immune to it and just see them as rising numbers and forget that those are real people with families and loved ones.  Then, when you know one of those who's died because of the virus, it really hits home.  Someone you've known and loved for years becomes a statistic in all that information.  Then you just don't want to read about it anymore, and just want it to stop and go away, and you want things to go back to normal.  But they can't.  So you just hope while you sit here in Korea, safe that you're not likely to be one of those statistics, you worry sick every day that another person you've known and loved for years or for your whole life, doesn't become another statistic in all this.  Tough, really tough.  My heart goes out to those who also lost loved ones because it's a horrible feeling. 

« Reply #11619 on: April 20, 2020, 08:38:29 am »
Maybe it's just the quarantine and self-isolation, but there are so many argumentative people on FB right now, far more than the norm. All they want to do is fight, and if they can't find a reason, they'll make one up until they can provoke someone into taking the bait.  Lots of one-upmanship taking place, too, and with none of the friendly banter that can go along with more of the lighthearted cases.

It's like there's some kind of psychosis going around where people feel an incessant need to prove that they're better than everyone else. I know that this is the internet, but there were pockets of safety here and there, and they've all been invaded.

The chill just isn't there.