Read 2037438 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #11560 on: April 13, 2020, 11:50:37 am »
I only really get this with Korean drivers.  Every day I see just plain dangerous, 'the rules don't apply to me' bollocks that just have me frowning.  Every day.  And my drive to school is only 10kms.  Last Friday for example, halfway to school there is a three-way junction with lights, it is a straight two-lane road with an apartment complex making up the third part of the junction and it joins from the right.  There are two lanes on my road and a third that turns right into the apartments, without fail every day while waiting for the lights to change somebody will bomb up the third turning lane and the fire off straight on and in front of everyone else.  The entrance is a blind junction.  If a car pokes its front out, then you'd smash it off, and also considering it's the driver side, a probable fatality.  So last Friday this fukcwit did that, and he was going about 60/70kms an hour.  For no real advantage, and the cars waiting at the lights are maybe 10 or so.  Further on, I caught up with him and decided to give him a prolonged toot on the horn as I go past.  We're both travelling at this point.  As we come into the city, he starts to filter off right, and I go left towards my school.  He took the time as he passed me to put his window to eyeball me, so my window is open so I did some finger-wagging and head-shaking to him, which I can see he enjoyed.  If he'd stopped, I'd have been quite happy to tell him in Korean why he was a cutn.  Who does that?  And yes martin, this doesn't happen in other developed countries, and definitely not the frequency we see here.  Every day I see this and have done for almost the whoel time I've lived here. 

I don't think waygook.org user Mr.DeMartino would disagree that there is a much higher disregard for traffic rules and safety here when compared to other developed countries.

I wouldn't want to generalize about whether there are more bad drivers here than in other developed countries, but certainly there's a much higher percentage here who have a flagrant disregard for traffic rules.

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 16, 2017, 09:01:06 am
« Reply #11561 on: April 13, 2020, 12:06:25 pm »
Oh man, the K-girl death stare, lol.

I usually only experience those while at bars or clubs.
I get at least one every day, from my wife

« Reply #11562 on: April 13, 2020, 03:06:41 pm »
Ride a bike. Better for the environment, better for your health.

Unless you're hit by a car.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #11563 on: April 13, 2020, 03:11:52 pm »
What are the odds of that happening?

• AvecPommesFrites
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2017, 02:19:33 pm
    • Incheon International Airport Immigration Office Detention Facility
« Reply #11564 on: April 13, 2020, 03:56:20 pm »
I only really get this with Korean drivers.  Every day I see just plain dangerous, 'the rules don't apply to me' bollocks that just have me frowning.  Every day.  And my drive to school is only 10kms.  Last Friday for example, halfway to school there is a three-way junction with lights, it is a straight two-lane road with an apartment complex making up the third part of the junction and it joins from the right.  There are two lanes on my road and a third that turns right into the apartments, without fail every day while waiting for the lights to change somebody will bomb up the third turning lane and the fire off straight on and in front of everyone else.  The entrance is a blind junction.  If a car pokes its front out, then you'd smash it off, and also considering it's the driver side, a probable fatality.  So last Friday this fukcwit did that, and he was going about 60/70kms an hour.  For no real advantage, and the cars waiting at the lights are maybe 10 or so.  Further on, I caught up with him and decided to give him a prolonged toot on the horn as I go past.  We're both travelling at this point.  As we come into the city, he starts to filter off right, and I go left towards my school.  He took the time as he passed me to put his window to eyeball me, so my window is open so I did some finger-wagging and head-shaking to him, which I can see he enjoyed.  If he'd stopped, I'd have been quite happy to tell him in Korean why he was a cutn.  Who does that?  And yes martin, this doesn't happen in other developed countries, and definitely not the frequency we see here.  Every day I see this and have done for almost the whoel time I've lived here. 

Oh boy.

I actually got into a spot of trouble for this sort of thing.

Well after about 12 years of this nonsense I finally did it. I finally lost my shit.

As I was crossing a pedestrian crossing (cars MUST give way to pedestrians/ 보행자에게 양보 해야돼 writing ones) I'm about just less than 1/2 way across this thing and a car comes around the corner, continues at speed to proceed in front of me on the last slither of pedestrian crossing on our 2 lane side of the road. Well, I carried on walking and and this car shows no signs of yielding. Thing is, I'm on foot but I've got my bicycle in my hands wheeling it. The car is almost at the crossing and not showing any signs of slowing down. At our current trajectories we are going to collide unless one of us yields. I ain't yielding this time. I've had enough. Fight or flight has kicked in and we've gone with fight. This white generic car blasts the horn and goes for glory... I sling the bike straight out in front of me and the car slams the anchor down and clatters into it. This ahjoessi gets out the car and he's flipping his shit. I'm pumped up to my eye sockets with the fight response pulsating through body. He's going crazy and then this calmness just comes over me like that monk from the Avengers End game movie when she realises she has to give the stone to the hulk and I say to this guy; you can either pay for a new bike, deal with the police when I call them for attempted murder with a vehicle or you can get the **** out of here now before I put your skull through your windscreen... cars horns behind are blaring. It's like the vuvuzelas at the world cup in South Africa. This guy bottles it, gets back in his car and fucks off.

Soggy undergarments

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #11565 on: April 13, 2020, 04:26:12 pm »
Why didn't you get out of the way?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #11566 on: April 13, 2020, 04:31:32 pm »
Why didn't you get out of the way?
Cuz it was one of those bloody Korando drivers.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #11567 on: April 13, 2020, 06:05:31 pm »
After a long day of sitting at a desk, I'm pumped to head to the track and do some training.

I get there, go inside, start setting up my blocks and here comes the security guard. He tells me that because of the virus, nobody is allowed in the stadium. Huh? There are 2 other people on this entire stadium (ajjumas walking laps) and I train here 2-3 times a week. I trained here throughout the pandemic, even when a guy was flying a drone around the stadium spraying disinfectant. Why now? He calls the other people and tells them to leave.

I'm perfectly on board if they shut the place off to the public, even if there hasn't been a major event at the stadium in 8 months, but why now, why not a month ago?

Why is a stadium, with daily attendees in the single digits and at least 50m distance between people closed, but:

- teachers need to come to schools to do work they can do at home
- 90% of kindergartens are open and filled with students
- hundreds of people are allowed to flock to parks to take selfies with the cherry blossoms
- gym down the street is open with about 50 people training inside and most of the windows closed

Some consistency, some effective leadership, come on Korea.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #11568 on: April 13, 2020, 06:06:41 pm »
Oh boy.

Well after about 12 years of this nonsense I finally did it. I finally lost my shit.

As I was crossing a pedestrian crossing (cars MUST give way to pedestrians/ 보행자에게 양보 해야돼 writing ones) I'm about just less than 1/2 way across this thing and a car comes around the corner, continues at speed to proceed in front of me on the last slither of pedestrian crossing on our 2 lane side of the road. Well, I carried on walking and and this car shows no signs of yielding. Thing is, I'm on foot but I've got my bicycle in my hands wheeling it. The car is almost at the crossing and not showing any signs of slowing down. At our current trajectories we are going to collide unless one of us yields. I ain't yielding this time. I've had enough. Fight or flight has kicked in and we've gone with fight. This white generic car blasts the horn and goes for glory... I sling the bike straight out in front of me and the car slams the anchor down and clatters into it. This ahjoessi gets out the car and he's flipping his shit. I'm pumped up to my eye sockets with the fight response pulsating through body. He's going crazy and then this calmness just comes over me like that monk from the Avengers End game movie when she realises she has to give the stone to the hulk and I say to this guy; you can either pay for a new bike, deal with the police when I call them for attempted murder with a vehicle or you can get the **** out of here now before I put your skull through your windscreen... cars horns behind are blaring. It's like the vuvuzelas at the world cup in South Africa. This guy bottles it, gets back in his car and fucks off.

Love this.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• pkjh
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
« Reply #11569 on: April 13, 2020, 08:53:47 pm »
- 90% of kindergartens are open and filled with students
- gym down the street is open with about 50 people training inside and most of the windows closed
Interesting... kindergartens, and gyms, are still closed in my part of the nation.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #11570 on: April 14, 2020, 07:39:30 am »
yeah i went to the gym yesterday for the first time since everything started. the owner guy was like "woah where have u been my dude?" (probably). everyone got their temperature taken and had to wear the mask. we couldn't use the gym's towels or clothes either. also there weren't many people compared to a few months ago. seemed pretty safe overall (lots of hand sanitizer) but breathing in the mask the whole time was not fun

« Reply #11571 on: April 14, 2020, 07:42:32 am »
yeah i went to the gym yesterday for the first time since everything started. the owner guy was like "woah where have u been my dude?" (probably). everyone got their temperature taken and had to wear the mask. we couldn't use the gym's towels or clothes either. also there weren't many people compared to a few months ago. seemed pretty safe overall (lots of hand sanitizer) but breathing in the mask the whole time was not fun

My gym is still closed :(

« Reply #11572 on: April 14, 2020, 07:51:40 am »
Oh boy.

:laugh:  I have this image of you, as he gets out of the car, ripping part of your shirt open and taking some of the oil from your bike chain and rubbing it in lines on your face (ala Billy from Predator) and getting ready for a dustup. 

« Reply #11573 on: April 14, 2020, 08:03:52 am »
Interesting... kindergartens, and gyms, are still closed in my part of the nation.

The ones at my schools are all filled with kids, when I drive around I'm seeing and hearing kids in kindergartens. Pretty much every hagwon is business as usual too.
The kindergartens are filled because teachers are coming to school to do work they can do at home and nobody as it home to look after their kids.

At this point, the closure of schools is completely pointless.

If you're going to do something, do it properly.

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #11574 on: April 14, 2020, 08:05:54 am »
I say to this guy; you can either pay for a new bike, deal with the police when I call them for attempted murder with a vehicle or you can get the **** out of here now before I put your skull through your windscreen... cars horns behind are blaring. It's like the vuvuzelas at the world cup in South Africa. This guy bottles it, gets back in his car and fucks off.

My new hero!!! (sorry CO2)

You really said all of that, in Korean? Even the skull through the windscreen part? Amazing!  :laugh:

« Reply #11575 on: April 14, 2020, 08:07:10 am »
Gyms and kindergartens are open in my area, too, albeit with a bunch of rules. Not nearly as many people using the gym as there would normally be, too.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #11576 on: April 14, 2020, 08:10:55 am »

You really said all of that, in Korean? Even the skull through the windscreen part? Amazing!  :laugh:
How quickly we are thrown aside.............. ................... ......

« Reply #11577 on: April 14, 2020, 08:17:35 am »

I like to imagine what would happen if a dueling law was passed; people had the right to settle disputes through unarmed combat. Ajjushis would transform into the most passive, law-abiding citizens in a heartbeat. 

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #11578 on: April 14, 2020, 08:23:29 am »
How quickly we are thrown aside.............. ................... ......
Sorry, man. Should've threatened to put her skull through her laptop screen.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #11579 on: April 14, 2020, 08:29:54 am »
Sorry, man. Should've threatened to put her skull through her laptop screen.
I will bring pepper with me wherever I go and use it in the hopes that someone will sneeze. Kinda like Lou Bloom, I'll create and manipulate my own situations.