Read 2037974 times

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #11120 on: December 31, 2019, 04:07:42 pm »
Sounds like the total opposite of escape to the sun where you see ordinary British couples turn their noses up at amazingly cheap places with swimming pools in Spain. Just watched an episode where they were looking at places for 300 grand in Cosra Rica. 'Yeah, we like the 6 acress of land, 3 en suite double bedrooms and open plan dining/living area the size of a church hall but the 4th bedroom's a bit on the small side and the pool's the wrong shape ' etc..

Haha yeah, totally agree.

Location, Location, Location is a guilty pleasure of mine.  I can't get enough of it but I get so wound up at people who refuse amazing houses based on things that can easily be changed. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #11121 on: December 31, 2019, 04:58:08 pm »
Sounds like the total opposite of escape to the sun where you see ordinary British couples turn their noses up at amazingly cheap places with swimming pools in Spain. Just watched an episode where they were looking at places for 300 grand in Cosra Rica. 'Yeah, we like the 6 acress of land, 3 en suite double bedrooms and open plan dining/living area the size of a church hall but the 4th bedroom's a bit on the small side and the pool's the wrong shape ' etc..
yeah i find this mental too. same when they go to australia (on a similar programme). "oh, we felt homesick". ok, give up your huge house with outdoor swimming pool and wages that were double, and go back to your small attached house in birmingham

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #11122 on: December 31, 2019, 07:44:19 pm »
has anyone seen the korean tv show 구해줘 홈츠? it's a show about some celebrities going to these "nice" apartments and showing of where you can live. the apartments are usually garish or tiny or with a shit layout. the celebrities do that weird over-acting thing where they act like they've just won the lottery, when all they are doing is going into a cramped, undecorated bedroom.

"WOOOOOOW! look it has a tiny rooftop area!!!" -> cuts to studio with more celebrities. "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT IT'S A TINY USELESS ROOFTOP AREA" -> insert canned cheering sounds and lots of onscreen text

then it shows the price: one billion, trillion, gazillion won

You mean a Seoul version of MTV's 'Cribs' only in a place where rent is sky high due to population density and lack of arable land?
i don't know what cribs is, but they also show places outside of seoul. if they show really amazing houses or unique, quirky places, then cool. or if they helped actual couples/families find their "ideal" home. but they seem to show nothing but celebrities, who do nowt but look through these bog-standard apartments. but it's the weird fake reactions that annoys me most tbh

Koreans do the over-acting t hing in various situations....I find it annoying as well.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #11123 on: January 01, 2020, 12:02:42 am »
has anyone seen the korean tv show 구해줘 홈츠? it's a show about some celebrities going to these "nice" apartments and showing of where you can live. the apartments are usually garish or tiny or with a shit layout. the celebrities do that weird over-acting thing where they act like they've just won the lottery, when all they are doing is going into a cramped, undecorated bedroom.

"WOOOOOOW! look it has a tiny rooftop area!!!" -> cuts to studio with more celebrities. "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT IT'S A TINY USELESS ROOFTOP AREA" -> insert canned cheering sounds and lots of onscreen text

then it shows the price: one billion, trillion, gazillion won

Yeah, I'm going to trust my money to a bunch of comedians who know nothing about property, interior design and location..

Some of their choices are just garish.

« Reply #11124 on: January 03, 2020, 01:07:20 pm »
UGH. Today is graduation and all the students left at about 11:30.  2 of my co-teachers randomly told me yesterday that I could leave early today after lunch. Cue today when one asks if I'd put it into Neis....so basically they were informing me that I was "allowed" to use part of my vacations days to leave early on a day with no students...

I was really looking forward to leaving early.  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

« Reply #11125 on: January 03, 2020, 02:54:09 pm »
UGH. Today is graduation and all the students left at about 11:30.  2 of my co-teachers randomly told me yesterday that I could leave early today after lunch. Cue today when one asks if I'd put it into Neis....so basically they were informing me that I was "allowed" to use part of my vacations days to leave early on a day with no students...

Don't ever expect free time

• Datasapien
  • Expert Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #11126 on: January 03, 2020, 03:25:28 pm »
Left at 4:28 yesterday and a teacher who I've never spoken to tells me in Korean that I'm meant to stay until 4:30. I smiled and left. This morning got to school and she mentioned it again. It's 4:24 now ... do I stay or do I go now?  :P
I never finish anyth

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #11127 on: January 03, 2020, 03:30:36 pm »
Iíd stay if I were you. If you donít sheíll probably tell on you.

• L I
  • Waygook Lord

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #11128 on: January 03, 2020, 03:32:41 pm »
If you openly defy the contract with a smile itís gonna make NETs look bad.

« Reply #11129 on: January 03, 2020, 04:47:57 pm »

Don't ever expect free time

Yeah, but don't know why they even brought it up. Obviously I'd be allowed to use my vacation time (early leave) if there's 0 students and 95% of the teachers are gone, lol.

« Reply #11130 on: January 06, 2020, 01:05:37 pm »
The English room at my main school doubles as my office. Since I'm stuck here deskwarming for a few days, I decided to do some deep cleaning. The desk in here is really big and heavy, so it probably hasn't been moved since the day it was put in, and I know there's gotta be some nasty shit built up underneath it.

I just found two dead birds. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #11131 on: January 06, 2020, 02:06:55 pm »
The English room at my main school doubles as my office. Since I'm stuck here deskwarming for a few days, I decided to do some deep cleaning. The desk in here is really big and heavy, so it probably hasn't been moved since the day it was put in, and I know there's gotta be some nasty shit built up underneath it.

I just found two dead birds. :cry: :cry: :cry:

D: Dead animals are the worst.

In the apartment above me, lives one of my students and her family. Her father is a deadbeat and over the weekend, threw the same dead mouse into my apartment twice. I even caught him the 2nd time. He regularly throws his trash into my apartment, and if I have everything closed, he slides it under my front door, or leaves it on my tiny little balcony.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #11132 on: January 06, 2020, 02:13:54 pm »

In the apartment above me, lives one of my students and her family. Her father is a deadbeat and over the weekend, threw the same dead mouse into my apartment twice. I even caught him the 2nd time. He regularly throws his trash into my apartment, and if I have everything closed, he slides it under my front door, or leaves it on my tiny little balcony.
Amuse yourself over the next couple of months by attempting to throw anchovy bits in their a/c intake.  :azn:

« Reply #11133 on: January 06, 2020, 02:19:30 pm »

Oh man, if that's not a declaration of war, I don't know what is.

How did he react when you caught him, lol? Did he snort a bunch of snot as loud as he could? That's something a lot of my delinquent students do whenever they're trying to act tough and play like they don't care. No idea why, but they think it's intimidating, haha.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #11134 on: January 06, 2020, 02:59:00 pm »

Oh man, if that's not a declaration of war, I don't know what is.

How did he react when you caught him, lol? Did he snort a bunch of snot as loud as he could? That's something a lot of my delinquent students do whenever they're trying to act tough and play like they don't care. No idea why, but they think it's intimidating, haha.

He sprinted up the small staircase then ran back into his apartment.
The thing with him, is he is technically trespassing in the apartment he lives in.
I probably shouldn't get into the story about it publicly incase my co-t or something reads it.

Amuse yourself over the next couple of months by attempting to throw anchovy bits in their a/c intake.  :azn:

I wouldn't want to do that to my student or her mother. Her mum is nice.
Just the father is not. :\

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #11135 on: January 06, 2020, 04:33:04 pm »
I wouldn't want to do that to my student or her mother. Her mum is nice.
Collateral damage is an unfortunate but unavoidable part of modern warfare. Or so all the politicians say.
 :sad:

• Lazio
  • Super Waygook

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #11136 on: January 06, 2020, 09:09:55 pm »

He does what??? This is some mind blowing shit that I'm trying to wrap my head around.
How the hell is he able to throw anything INTO your apartment? From the street, through the window or what? How does he have access to your balcony? Also, how big of a gap do you have under your front door if he is able to slide something under it? That's not supposed to be like that.

But most importantly: why do you let this happen?

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #11137 on: January 07, 2020, 07:45:51 am »

He does what??? This is some mind blowing shit that I'm trying to wrap my head around.
How the hell is he able to throw anything INTO your apartment? From the street, through the window or what? How does he have access to your balcony? Also, how big of a gap do you have under your front door if he is able to slide something under it? That's not supposed to be like that.

Exact same questions sprung to my mind.  I cannot visualize any scenario, besides you having a wide open window that he is somehow able to chuck items into, where this could happen. Does your door contain a pet entrance?  Why would you not follow him and confront him, or go to the landlord, your school or the police?  He twice threw the same mouse in?  Did you return it for home to just send it on back? Is he mailing you garbage?  I don't care about the technically trespassing part, but the garbage in the apartment has intrigued me. 

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #11138 on: January 07, 2020, 08:19:43 am »

Exact same questions sprung to my mind.  I cannot visualize any scenario, besides you having a wide open window that he is somehow able to chuck items into, where this could happen. Does your door contain a pet entrance?  Why would you not follow him and confront him, or go to the landlord, your school or the police?  He twice threw the same mouse in?  Did you return it for home to just send it on back? Is he mailing you garbage?  I don't care about the technically trespassing part, but the garbage in the apartment has intrigued me.

I've already told the school but, they don't think there is anything that can be done, as they aren't sure it's illegal, just not very nice.
My front door has a decent gap from the floor to the start of the door. The time I did catch him and he ran off, I yelled "hajima" in an angry tone.
The first time he done it, I just kicked it back outside the apartment, and when I came home from work, he was throwing it back under my door again.
If he has things with small amounts of trash, for example a single piece of chocolate that is wrapped in plastic, he will throw that piece of plastic under my door.
If it has something bigger, that can't be slid under my door, he throws his trash onto my balcony.
My student's mum will often clean up anything that is left on my balcony, if she notices it before me though.

• Kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #11139 on: January 07, 2020, 08:39:34 am »
When you say balcony, do you mean a small platform outside your window, or do you mean the small shared walk-space in front of your apartment entrance?

If the latter, you could talk to your landlord (with the help of a co-teacher) who may care as it's littering in public space.
   If it's the former, the landlord will probably not care too much.  :sad:
  You might want to bring along a coteacher (especially an older ajjuma-style coteacher: they tend to be very assertive about these kind of things!) and politely ask the neighbour why he's throwing his trash on your living area. Hopefully being treated like a naughty child might embarrass him enough to stop. It might be helpful to get some kind of picture/video proof to head off the inevitable denials.