Read 1578882 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #10700 on: October 21, 2019, 11:44:15 am »
lovely Monday morning conversations

me: Can I leave 10 minutes early today to get a flu shot? (4:30 instead of 4:40, because I need to drive 15 - 20 mins away to get it)
cot: You don't need it....it's not sick leave either, so you will have to use vacation time
me: They close at 5pm so I cannot do it afterschool.
cot: Yeah, use your vacation time
me: nevermind.......

even though I see others leaving early all the time.....

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10701 on: October 21, 2019, 11:48:44 am »
i just learnt to never ask and just go. if i ever got caught i'd just apologise afterwards. nowt ever happened

« Reply #10702 on: October 21, 2019, 11:52:03 am »

me: Can I leave 10 minutes early today to get a flu shot? (4:30 instead of 4:40, because I need to drive 15 - 20 mins away to get it)
cot: You don't need it....it's not sick leave either, so you will have to use vacation time

Tell your co-teacher it's 병외출 (byeong-wae-chool) and then tell them to fukc off. 

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #10703 on: October 21, 2019, 11:52:54 am »

Too bad you're not a DayNinja, you could sneak out.
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #10704 on: October 21, 2019, 11:53:22 am »

Honestly, just go.

• Colburnnn
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #10705 on: October 21, 2019, 12:00:23 pm »

She sounds like a cnut.

Please please please call in sick tomorrow and say you caught the flu.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #10706 on: October 21, 2019, 12:06:21 pm »

Tell your co-teacher it's 병외출 (byeong-wae-chool) and then tell them to fukc off. 

O

What would a DayNinja wear?

« Reply #10707 on: October 21, 2019, 12:11:08 pm »

[/quote]

Oh, me, me, me!!  It's a popular misconception that ninjas always wear black.  At night maybe, but their main aim is to blend in, so they wear normal clothes so as not to look conspicuous. 

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #10708 on: October 21, 2019, 12:32:08 pm »

Oh, me, me, me!!  It's a popular misconception that ninjas always wear black.  At night maybe, but their main aim is to blend in, so they wear normal clothes so as not to look conspicuous. 
[/quote]

So, fluo hiking clothes?

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #10709 on: October 21, 2019, 12:42:48 pm »

In the West, a person usually gets promoted when they show some gumption, a solid work-ethic etc.
In Korea, you get promoted based on your age your relationship with your seniors and you ability to stick to the rules... essentially, "maintaining the Confucian harmony".

When you ask your CT if you can leave early, even if it's 10min, by agreeing she officially gives you permission to break the rules. Should another staff member ask where you're off to and you blab, you could jeopardize her career. Petty and ridiculous, I know, but that's how Korea works. When you ask, unless you've got a really good relationship and your CT really trusts you, she's going to give you the official spiel.

As others have said, DON'T ASK... I haven't stuck around till 4:30 in years... On Tuesdays I leave at 2pm (after my final class), it's a small school and they use the English class for afterschool activities. Everyone knows I leave early. If I have to ask if I can leave early, I'll probably be told to wait in the library or staff room till 4:30.

Of course, there are times when you work with absolute assh*les. The principal at my wife's rural school (on Tuesdays) wanted her to deskwarm, during vacation, at a school that is a 40min drive from our place. There wasn't another soul in the school. The principal was adamant that she deskwarmed at THAT school, he didn't want her to deskwarm at her main school (5min walk from our place). The education office literally had to tell him that she was allowed to deskwarm at whichever school was closest.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #10710 on: October 21, 2019, 01:05:43 pm »
I'm now asked to provide my customs clearance code and other details for EVERY damn package! I've saved the code on Amazon, but still get asked for every single package. In the past, you'd do it once and your code was kept on the database.

Now, you've got to do it every damn time.

« Reply #10711 on: October 21, 2019, 01:08:33 pm »

So, fluo hiking clothes?

:lipsrsealed: Yes, I am at my highest state of cat-like readiness when hanging around near a 'North Face' shop.  When I was hiking last weekend the local mountaineering group got off a bus, I nearly had a heart attack.  Ninjas have also been known to drive Santa Fes or Grandeurs.  We'll never know they're here.   :cry:

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #10712 on: October 21, 2019, 01:50:31 pm »
I'm now asked to provide my customs clearance code and other details for EVERY damn package! I've saved the code on Amazon, but still get asked for every single package. In the past, you'd do it once and your code was kept on the database.

Now, you've got to do it every damn time.

Korea, sparkling.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #10713 on: October 21, 2019, 03:39:22 pm »

[/quote]

Ninja also wore red. Red in battle can/has a psychological effect, which can cause hesitation in battle.
Learnt that in ninja training in Japan. I've done ninja weapons training in Japan. :D (Although. I'm not very good :P )

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #10714 on: October 21, 2019, 03:54:20 pm »
According to Wikipedia, Jesus was a ninja. His miracles included all the signs of Ninjinity:

"Ninjas figured prominently in legend and folklore, where they were associated with legendary abilities such as invisibility, walking on water and control over the natural elements."

« Reply #10715 on: October 21, 2019, 09:10:04 pm »
Look at the number of vents! Five hundred-and-thirty-six pages worth! Oh there's enough material here to write a book. Or an entire Ph.d.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #10716 on: October 22, 2019, 07:00:18 am »
Look at the number of vents! Five hundred-and-thirty-six pages worth! Oh there's enough material here to write a book. Or an entire Ph.d.

Time for a new 4.0 thread?

« Reply #10717 on: October 22, 2019, 07:07:37 am »

Ninja also wore red. Red in battle can/has a psychological effect, which can cause hesitation in battle.
Learnt that in ninja training in Japan. I've done ninja weapons training in Japan. :D (Although. I'm not very good :P )

A New Zealand Ninja?  Get out of here!

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #10718 on: October 22, 2019, 07:22:29 am »

A New Zealand Ninja?  Get out of here!

Dressed as a sheep, I bet!

• Colburnnn
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #10719 on: October 22, 2019, 07:24:48 am »
2018: Asked to run a class in local workshop, goes down a treat. Everyone happy.

2019: Asked to run same workshop as participants loved it. Discover 3 participants attended last year. They ask to switch to 'B' class (same topic). I say no problem.

Me: Hello workshop operator, these 3 participants would like to move to 'B' class to learn new perspective on the subject.
Operator: Sorry, thats not possible.
Me: They would just be moving to the next classroom along the hallway, 302 instead of 303. I can take 3 from that class no problem.
Operator: Again, thats not possible.
Me: Why?
Operator: Thats not possible.
Me: It is possible, they just sit in the other class instead of mine.
Operator: Not possible.

9 1/2 months then I'm out.