Read 1578942 times

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #10680 on: October 17, 2019, 04:46:44 pm »
I remember a 6 year old doing “Manic Monday” routine back in Canada back the 1980s. 

“Let’s go make some noise!”

It isn’t just “Here and Now”.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10681 on: October 17, 2019, 08:27:52 pm »
ronnie omelettes is kind of annoying

there. now let the next 10-page argument commence

More of a bellend to be honest.  I suppose we could have ten pages of other insults which I'll probably not argue with. 

Seriously, I'd give you two or three days tops with that punishment before you go mental or before you hurry out and buy some ridiculously overpriced hiking clothes from the plethora of hiking shops around your house.  Also buy the brand new Hyundai car on credit, which is really similar in design to the other brand new Hyundai you bought last year.  But you then have bragging rights in the garage, and you let the others know that by parking in the most obstructive way.  At school, every day you pull out one of those white feather dusters out of the boot and lightly dust your car like the principals do here, when they really should be doing some important work, like running the school.   Then you spend your limited 5 vacation days going on a whistle-stop Hanatour to Rome, Berlin, Budapest, London, Paris, Barcelona and Split, spending all of 3 hours in each city taking photos in front of the local sights before buying some overpriced chocolates that were actually made in Korea.  You come back saying how refreshed you feel and show everyone the photos that show what a great time you had and how you're really worldly-wise.  Then someone gives you a mug of Yorkshire Tea and ginger nut and then you wake out of your Korean stupor. 
ronnie, is this you?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContagiousLaughter/comments/dit8jm/its_an_emu/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

« Reply #10682 on: October 18, 2019, 09:23:21 am »
ronnie omelettes is kind of annoying

there. now let the next 10-page argument commence

More of a bellend to be honest.  I suppose we could have ten pages of other insults which I'll probably not argue with. 

Seriously, I'd give you two or three days tops with that punishment before you go mental or before you hurry out and buy some ridiculously overpriced hiking clothes from the plethora of hiking shops around your house.  Also buy the brand new Hyundai car on credit, which is really similar in design to the other brand new Hyundai you bought last year.  But you then have bragging rights in the garage, and you let the others know that by parking in the most obstructive way.  At school, every day you pull out one of those white feather dusters out of the boot and lightly dust your car like the principals do here, when they really should be doing some important work, like running the school.   Then you spend your limited 5 vacation days going on a whistle-stop Hanatour to Rome, Berlin, Budapest, London, Paris, Barcelona and Split, spending all of 3 hours in each city taking photos in front of the local sights before buying some overpriced chocolates that were actually made in Korea.  You come back saying how refreshed you feel and show everyone the photos that show what a great time you had and how you're really worldly-wise.  Then someone gives you a mug of Yorkshire Tea and ginger nut and then you wake out of your Korean stupor. 
ronnie, is this you?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContagiousLaughter/comments/dit8jm/its_an_emu/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Classic  :laugh:  Makes me miss living in the north.  But happy that I never picked up their pronunciation.  'It's a focking emu'  :laugh:

Is this you when you let your hair down at the weekends?

https://www.reddit.com/r/holdmybeer/comments/di9tgy/hmb_because_i_need_to_knock_down_some_beers/

• sbk
  • Veteran

• March 22, 2016, 02:44:47 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #10683 on: October 18, 2019, 05:02:41 pm »
My CT is preparing the students for 'talent show', they're performing a dance, the same one as last year.

I find it bewildering that, to my knowledge, no parent, teacher or student has raised concerns over the utterly uncomfortable and inappropriate spectacle  of a bunch of 12-year old girls (and younger) gyrating and semi-twerking to the choreography of raunchy k-pop videos.

They're all cool with pretty much anyone coming off the street, into the school hall, and filming these children.

You mean something inappropriate like this?

https://youtu.be/gJghnwR6AWA

* It's a girl kpop group dancing at a boys high school.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 05:05:08 pm by sbk »

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #10684 on: October 18, 2019, 05:29:39 pm »

Didn't tkae 30 seconds before I had said "Jesus Christ :huh:" 3 times.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #10685 on: October 18, 2019, 05:53:43 pm »
My CT is preparing the students for 'talent show', they're performing a dance, the same one as last year.

I find it bewildering that, to my knowledge, no parent, teacher or student has raised concerns over the utterly uncomfortable and inappropriate spectacle  of a bunch of 12-year old girls (and younger) gyrating and semi-twerking to the choreography of raunchy k-pop videos.

They're all cool with pretty much anyone coming off the street, into the school hall, and filming these children.

You mean something inappropriate like this?

https://youtu.be/gJghnwR6AWA

That's not a K-pop group but a dance team.

Just a group of girls who spend umpteen hours practising dance choreography but can't sing.

Sorry, you're right...a K-pop group.

• stoat
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #10686 on: October 18, 2019, 06:21:37 pm »
Reminds me of the playboy bunnies scene in Apocalypse Now.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #10687 on: October 18, 2019, 10:53:55 pm »
Maybe...

1. You haven't seen people scream in agony as they burn up in a helicopter crash (details minus video on the 6pm evening news);

2. You weren't right there in the other lane when dozens of people died in a runaway downhill truck crash in front of the hospital;

3. You didn't play soccer with one of the guys who died in the Bali bombings;

4. You didn't interview - prior to your first job here - a foreigner who vouched for the position, the recruiter and the city, then you accepted his word, only to later hear he suddenly went to work in China where he jumped off an apartment building to his death;

5. You didn't lose your father to lung cancer, mother to heart attack, only sibling to breast cancer;

6. You haven't lost two children in their earliest years to SIDS, and your wife insufferably to divorce;

7. You ...

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10688 on: October 19, 2019, 06:11:44 pm »
Dude, talk to someone.

Seriously.

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #10689 on: October 19, 2019, 06:41:03 pm »
That's not a K-pop group but a dance team.

Just a group of girls who spend umpteen hours practising dance choreography but can't sing.

Sorry, you're right...a K-pop group.

..indeed.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10690 on: October 19, 2019, 07:20:06 pm »
Maybe...

1. You haven't seen people scream in agony as they burn up in a helicopter crash (details minus video on the 6pm evening news);

2. You weren't right there in the other lane when dozens of people died in a runaway downhill truck crash in front of the hospital;

4. You didn't interview - prior to your first job here - a foreigner who vouched for the position, the recruiter and the city, then you accepted his word, only to later hear he suddenly went to work in China where he jumped off an apartment building to his death;

5. You didn't lose your father to lung cancer, mother to heart attack, only sibling to breast cancer;

6. You haven't lost two children in their earliest years to SIDS, and your wife insufferably to divorce;

7. You ...
.....it was a joke

you ok?

• Cohort 2019
  • Veteran

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90°S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #10691 on: October 20, 2019, 02:54:59 am »
My colleague had given me a Shakespeare reader to teach from in which she spelled re-enactment as: reinactment.
I didn't want to come across as an ass so I kept quiet about it and just skipped that part during class. Now I have 2 students who have misspelled it as reinactment on their tests and now I can't do anything else but to count that as an error.  >:(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:57:04 am by Cohort 2019 »
incumbo studiis

• fka
  • Veteran

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10692 on: October 20, 2019, 09:10:27 am »
I just learned recently that all these K-Pop dance teams / clubs exist primarily to copy the choreography of the music videos. So, assuming the audience is K-Pop savvy, they will have seen the music video, seen the dance rehearsal / practice videos, possibly seen lots of amateurs practicing the routines, and will then go and watch a group of live amateurs doing the same thing.

(Note: Mr. DeMartino, I don't need a big explanation about this. I'm sure it's enjoyable for some people, like watery coffee and Transformers movies. I'm not angry about it.)

I'm just surprised as I'd assumed - foolishly, I guess - that the point of these things was to choreograph your own routines. I was talking to a student, who was part of some such club, about this and he looked completely uncomprehending when I said something to that effect.

« Reply #10693 on: October 20, 2019, 06:37:31 pm »
I'm just surprised as I'd assumed - foolishly, I guess - that the point of these things was to choreograph your own routines. I was talking to a student, who was part of some such club, about this and he looked completely uncomprehending when I said something to that effect.
A lot of them are composed of the local chapter of whoever's "army" and thus they want to do the same routine as their heroes.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10694 on: October 20, 2019, 07:54:57 pm »
I just learned recently that all these K-Pop dance teams / clubs exist primarily to copy the choreography of the music videos. So, assuming the audience is K-Pop savvy, they will have seen the music video, seen the dance rehearsal / practice videos, possibly seen lots of amateurs practicing the routines, and will then go and watch a group of live amateurs doing the same thing.

(Note: Mr. DeMartino, I don't need a big explanation about this. I'm sure it's enjoyable for some people, like watery coffee and Transformers movies. I'm not angry about it.)

Most dance groups are like that everywhere.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #10695 on: October 21, 2019, 07:39:56 am »
What is a dance group?

The Backstreet Boys were a weird sensation but considered bad musicians. I can't recall a "dance group" before them in all of history.

I guess "dance group" is a way of seeing them as doing entertainment rather than making music: watch them rather than listen to them, except to copy their moves.

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #10696 on: October 21, 2019, 08:04:26 am »
What is a dance group?

The Backstreet Boys were a weird sensation but considered bad musicians. I can't recall a "dance group" before them in all of history.

I guess "dance group" is a way of seeing them as doing entertainment rather than making music: watch them rather than listen to them, except to copy their moves.

A dance group in this case is like a cover band, but instead of playing a famous band's music, they perform a famous group's dance routine. The Backstreet Boys wouldn't have been considered a dance group, but if a group of people decided to learn the choreography to a Backstreet Boys song and then perform it, they would be.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #10697 on: October 21, 2019, 08:05:09 am »
Maybe...

7. You ...

Ummm.

Apropos of .......?
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #10698 on: October 21, 2019, 08:08:20 am »
Ummm.

Apropos of .......?

Yeah, I saw this on Friday and I have no idea where this comment came from.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10699 on: October 21, 2019, 11:42:30 am »
Maybe...

7. You ...

Ummm.

Apropos of .......?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYcfIrI5CEc