Read 1543018 times

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #10440 on: September 26, 2019, 03:06:30 pm »

My friend texted me today and said he was gonna get bimbop.

I made fun of him so he fixed it to bimpbop.

That's amazing.

• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #10441 on: September 26, 2019, 03:25:57 pm »
Lol have you ever seen an open class here?  It's like a Beauty Pageant at my school.  Korean teacher gets dressed up like she's going to get professional head shots taken, the students have practiced the material a million times, no talking, no messing around, NO KOREAN is spoken (hahahaha).  It's like another planet.

My first open class experience was this exactly. My co-teacher even bought costumes for us (I had one too  :afro:) so we were dressed up like Snow White and Prince Charming for a lesson of 'What does she look like?'. The audience lapped it up, even made me consider a career change! But in a normal class she just sat in front of the PC clicking away at the sh*te CD for 40 minutes.
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10442 on: September 26, 2019, 03:58:35 pm »
i never understand the people that make a song and dance for open classes. to me this seems like your normal classes are not good enough, so you need to do something "better" than usual. treat every class like an open class. as my old director said in australia, "if you get nervous when i walk in your class, maybe you haven't prepared your class properly"

Lol have you ever seen an open class here?  It's like a Beauty Pageant at my school.  Korean teacher gets dressed up like she's going to get professional head shots taken, the students have practiced the material a million times, no talking, no messing around, NO KOREAN is spoken (hahahaha).  It's like another planet.

I think Koreans would be disappointed if your open class didn't look any different to your regular ones  :laugh:
yeah that's my point. wonder if this happens in any other countries. the parents must know it's all bollocks, right?

nice story btw aristocrat

« Reply #10443 on: September 27, 2019, 08:37:21 am »
My co-teacher even bought costumes for us (I had one too  :afro:) so we were dressed up like Snow White and Prince Charming for a lesson of 'What does she look like?'. The audience lapped it up, even made me consider a career change!

Erm, I'm pretty sure the story for Snow White was the prince had to kiss her.  Do you think there is a chance she did it on purpose?  She was trying to initiate something you didn't somehow catch onto?  The next year, did she drop a bigger hint making you dress as Ron Jeremy and her as Jenna Jameson?  What an open class that would have been.   :huh:

• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #10444 on: September 27, 2019, 10:51:57 am »
Erm, I'm pretty sure the story for Snow White was the prince had to kiss her.  Do you think there is a chance she did it on purpose?  She was trying to initiate something you didn't somehow catch onto?  The next year, did she drop a bigger hint making you dress as Ron Jeremy and her as Jenna Jameson?  What an open class that would have been.   :huh:

Haha is it sad that I know who Ron Jeremy is but not Jenna Jameson? I'm guessing now isn't the time to Google her! And tbh going by Aristocrat's (awesome) tale I think we could have gone with any theme possible and she still would have received a standing ovation  :undecided:
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #10445 on: September 27, 2019, 11:59:31 am »

Haha is it sad that I know who Ron Jeremy is but not Jenna Jameson? I'm guessing now isn't the time to Google her! And tbh going by Aristocrat's (awesome) tale I think we could have gone with any theme possible and she still would have received a standing ovation  :undecided:

You may want to NOT use the school computer on that search... ;)

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10446 on: September 28, 2019, 08:09:03 am »
Western tourists coming here is still a comparatively novel thing. Obviously if it's an important enough event to make a TV show about it, viewers would rather see Western tourists liking stuff here than slagging it off. Koreans also get a lot of propaganda at school - in particular in English lessons they're specifically taught how to tell foreigners how great Korea is. Hence you only have to mention K pop to a Korean adult and they will tell you apropos of nothing that K pop is famous all over the world. Straight from Middle School English unit 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpE5Yg1qrjw

This Korean news program says BTS "stirred up the biggest fandom since the Beatles" and predicts they'll someday top the Billboard charts.

Well, if they've never been #1, how could that assertion about biggest fandom since the Beatles be true?

More popular than Michael Jackson at the height of his fame? I doubt it.

"Kpop, the biggest music phenomenon since the Beatlemania, has rightfully become synonymous with words like top, hot, best, and global success."

What do y'all think? Is Kpop the biggest music phenomenon since Beatlemanina? Agree or disagree?

• stoat
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #10447 on: September 28, 2019, 09:38:02 am »
They'll be replaced by the next big thing in a couple of years and no one will be able to remember their songs 10 years from now.  Or do you think 'fake love' will some day be competing with "Yesterday' as the most covered song ever?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:42:03 am by stoat »

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10448 on: September 28, 2019, 09:55:20 am »

« Reply #10449 on: September 28, 2019, 05:05:22 pm »
It could be as big an explosion as rap was when it came out or at the very least, Reggaeton.

It could also end up like Disco.

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #10450 on: September 28, 2019, 05:30:23 pm »

It could also end up like Disco.

...God willing.

« Reply #10451 on: September 29, 2019, 12:39:35 am »
I think a few of their songs are pretty decent but that isn't my type of music. But are they huge and do they cross a lot of borders that was not crossed before? yes. I really have no idea where I am going but your point is just weird. 
edit: i watched LI's Colbert vid and I would say that they are talented and show just as much "watchability" as anything else these days. Stop being an old man yelling at clouds...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 12:52:27 am by MaximusPrime »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10452 on: September 29, 2019, 02:08:39 pm »
BTS would be less annoying if their crazy fans were less annoying imo

most kpop fans in general seem pretty nuts

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #10453 on: September 29, 2019, 02:17:24 pm »
BTS would be less annoying if their crazy fans were less annoying imo

most kpop fans in general seem pretty nuts

If they were actually playing instruments instead of doing what all other worthless charlatans do...I could buy into it.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10454 on: September 29, 2019, 02:34:57 pm »
i saw some article the other day and the headline called BTS a boyband. everyone in the comments were going crazy about how BTS is more than just a boyband. they should be called "innovators" or some shit like that, instead of boyband. then there were comments like "well if BTS are a boyband, Nirvana should also be called a boyband". ughhh such drivel. their fans seem weirdly defensive and neurotic

« Reply #10455 on: September 30, 2019, 07:19:02 am »
i saw some article the other day and the headline called BTS a boyband. everyone in the comments were going crazy about how BTS is more than just a boyband. they should be called "innovators" or some shit like that, instead of boyband. then there were comments like "well if BTS are a boyband, Nirvana should also be called a boyband". ughhh such drivel. their fans seem weirdly defensive and neurotic

BTS are a 'boyband' like 'New Kids on the Block' and crap manufactured stuff like that.  They don't play their own instruments.  They are dancers, that's it.  They're here today, and they'll be gone tomorrow, like 'One Direction'. 

Nirvana are, and always will be, innovators.   :-*

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #10456 on: September 30, 2019, 09:30:20 am »

BTS are a 'boyband' like 'New Kids on the Block' and crap manufactured stuff like that.  They don't play their own instruments.  They are dancers, that's it.  They're here today, and they'll be gone tomorrow, like 'One Direction'. 

Nirvana are, and always will be, innovators.   :-*

That's my opinion on K-pop in general. It's all girl/boy dancer groups. They lip sync and don't play instruments.
What exactly do they do that is music related? haha

There are usually a couple that chime in and say: "it's not all that;" but K-pop is typically a genre of music, like English pop music, which is linked to, or mostly to, all the boy/girl bands

• L I
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10457 on: September 30, 2019, 09:46:38 am »
New song by BTS member 제이홉. Where does it go on the innovation scale?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i23NEQEFpgQ

« Reply #10458 on: September 30, 2019, 09:52:36 am »
New song by BTS member 제이홉. Where does it go on the innovation scale?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i23NEQEFpgQ

Pure crap on the innovation scale.  The only thing that was innovative was a monster truck falling out of the sky.  Never seen that before.   :undecided:

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #10459 on: September 30, 2019, 10:12:27 am »
Why won't summer finally end! D:
Why does it linger just to torment me?! D:
ugghhhhh, I HATE summer. >:(