Read 1512657 times

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #10280 on: September 04, 2019, 11:41:42 am »
Speaking of food, can we talk about how most cream pasta is actually gross? Especially pasta alfredo. It's like eating a big bowl of fat and noodles. Now that
is greasy. And it's usually a fairly large portion at restaurants. I don't know how people eat that.

I didn't even know that carbonara wasn't creamy in Italy. It's eggy? haha

Yeah, the oil pastas here SWIM in that shit. Ugh.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #10281 on: September 04, 2019, 11:43:57 am »
This must be absolute torture for DM hahaha  :laugh:

How long is he banned for?

I'm not sure but I love how everyone is completely letting loose in here now without any comebacks haha.  It's like being at school when your teacher doesn't turn up for class and everyone goes a bit crazy  :laugh:

Imagine literally being this petty.

To clarify, how are any of the above comments petty?  I don't get it.  It's not like Dmart is laid up with a serious illness and people who are usually cowed by his sharp wit and encyclopedic knowledge of facts are coming out of their shells now that can't respond.  Presumably he is on mute for a good reason and people are enjoying a thread staying on track without his meddling.  Nothing petty there. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10282 on: September 04, 2019, 11:44:04 am »
carbonara is just parmesan and egg. it's the easiest thing to make, too. and way better than any gross "creamy pasta" thing. also, oil pasta can smd too

« Reply #10283 on: September 04, 2019, 11:54:27 am »
Pasta in general is just kind of gross. Unless it's like, really really good pasta.

« Reply #10284 on: September 04, 2019, 11:56:45 am »

I'm not sure but I love how everyone is completely letting loose in here now without any comebacks haha.  It's like being at school when your teacher doesn't turn up for class and everyone goes a bit crazy  :laugh:

To clarify, how are any of the above comments petty?  I don't get it.  It's not like Dmart is laid up with a serious illness and people who are usually cowed by his sharp wit and encyclopedic knowledge of facts are coming out of their shells now that can't respond.  Presumably he is on mute for a good reason and people are enjoying a thread staying on track without his meddling.  Nothing petty there. 

Yeah exactly.

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10285 on: September 04, 2019, 01:02:47 pm »

I don't think  they're being petty.

Frankly, my hope is that DMT will take this opportunity to relax, perhaps find a new hobby.  Something that occupies his time more fruitfully than being a supercilious, lying sack on a web forum.

See? That's petty!

« Reply #10286 on: September 04, 2019, 02:18:18 pm »

Frankly, my hope is that DMT will take this opportunity to relax, perhaps find a new hobby.  Something that occupies his time more fruitfully than being a supercilious, lying sack on a web forum.

See? That's petty!

no THAT was super silly. it was only a little cilious

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10287 on: September 04, 2019, 03:38:17 pm »

See? That's petty!

no THAT was super silly. it was only a little cilious

I’m sure he’s drafting responses, getting ready for his first “only about 15 minutes a day” without a ban.

« Reply #10288 on: September 06, 2019, 08:47:58 am »
I finally had the chance to catch up in some sleep last night after getting a max of 4 hours every night this week... aaaaaaand, I stayed up until 2 AM binge-watching Stranger Things because I got tired of not getting the memes.

I could have waited to watch it later. But I didn't. Wtf is wrong with me?

I've had two cups of coffee this morning, but I'm still dead af and I'm about to have one of my most difficult classes.

TGIF. But **** me.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10289 on: September 06, 2019, 08:58:45 am »
anyone else think stranger things is a bit lame?

« Reply #10290 on: September 06, 2019, 09:06:04 am »

Loved the first season, didn't like the second and haven't bothered with the third.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10291 on: September 06, 2019, 09:15:57 am »
i watched the first series. it was...okay? i couldn't get why everyone went crazy about it. mindhunter is the best netflix original imo

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #10292 on: September 06, 2019, 09:16:39 am »

Most TV shows are lame TBH :p
Lacks the crazy magic battles I've come to expect from anime / cartoons :P

« Reply #10293 on: September 06, 2019, 10:03:37 am »
I like the atmosphere and the setting (the 80s was a hell of a time) of the series. They're also good at giving it a sense of mystery and tension. The acting is decent, too, except I think Hopper is a little over the top, but he's not Jim Carrey levels, so there's that.

I find most of the characters annoying, though, ranging from a little to I can barely stand them.  I ****** hated Mike in the 3rd season. In fact, the only characters I honestly like are Dustin and Lucas. ngl, though, I think they're doing a good job on Eleven's character development.

But for the rest of it -- the plot, the main antogonists/bad guys, etc... -- that's all super lame. I really hate what they've done with it and where they seem to be taking it.

I'll probably watch the next season, though, because I like the memes and I want to be the loser who bashes one of my friends' favorite series. There's gotta be at least one in every group to balance everything out.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:06:15 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #10294 on: September 06, 2019, 10:31:16 am »
my only problem with it is that in every season if they just all talked to each other and worked together, they could solve the problem pretty easily. that usually doesn't start happening until the problem is wayyyyy too big. it made sense in the first season, but after that, they could (and should) be more organized...

« Reply #10295 on: September 06, 2019, 10:37:28 am »
Yeah, but then the series would be too short.  :laugh: You're right, though, it's one of the reasons why the plot has problems and is so ****** frustrating. Third season, they tried to create situations for why there was a lack of initial communication between the characters, but the holes are still there.

Just stop it with the sitcom writing. You don't need to have disjointed "side quests" to make it interesting.

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #10296 on: September 06, 2019, 11:44:04 am »
I grew up in the eighties so I enjoyed the nostalgic flavour of the first season and the story was fine.  Winona's constant hysterical "where is my son?" thing got to be a bit jarring.  Nothing sticks out about season 2 and during the third season I really started to think maybe this show's target audience is not adults.  You had such cliché characters from the sassy tell it like it is black girl, completely stereotypical Russian characters across the board to the angry Cop with Hopper going overboard most episodes.  If I thought they were doing a send up of eighties stereotypes I'd applaud them.  The scenes with them sorting through their dating issues was also quite painful, and again, I figured adults was no longer their target audience.  Stranger Things action figures and video game cartridges will sell better among teens and under, I get it. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10297 on: September 06, 2019, 01:23:17 pm »
if i hear one more ****** kid shout "i hate japan" today i'm going to ****** snap

« Reply #10298 on: September 06, 2019, 01:44:41 pm »
if i hear one more ****** kid shout "i hate japan" today i'm going to ****** snap

are you teaching elementary? i've read a lot on here recently about students talking about japan but none of my students have said anything

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10299 on: September 06, 2019, 02:05:51 pm »

are you teaching elementary? i've read a lot on here recently about students talking about japan but none of my students have said anything
Me too neither.

One of my colleagues has a daughter in univerrsity in Japan, and the other teachers seem more jealous than anything.