Read 1998339 times

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #10260 on: September 04, 2019, 08:23:28 am »
An old colleague of mine spent a week in Thailand one summer, and he said that he only ate Thai food until he could find a Korean restaurant near his hotel. He found one on the second day. It was all Korean food the rest of the trip because Thai food was, you guessed it, too oily.

I had a co-teacher years ago who went to Thailand but couldn't eat the food because it had such a strong smell.   :rolleyes:

When someone opens one of those massive containers of kimchi or 'jongkak' kimchi, I do have to hold back a gag reaction.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #10261 on: September 04, 2019, 08:53:27 am »
This must be absolute torture for DM hahaha  :laugh:

How long is he banned for?
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10262 on: September 04, 2019, 09:07:08 am »
An old colleague of mine spent a week in Thailand one summer, and he said that he only ate Thai food until he could find a Korean restaurant near his hotel. He found one on the second day. It was all Korean food the rest of the trip because Thai food was, you guessed it, too oily.

I had a co-teacher years ago who went to Thailand but couldn't eat the food because it had such a strong smell.   :rolleyes:

When someone opens one of those massive containers of kimchi or 'jongkak' kimchi, I do have to hold back a gag reaction.
mate. i've had so many arguments about this. in our old apt, we had no space for a separate fridge (for the kimchi). it would literally stink out the whole fridge, and make EVERYTHING taste of kimchi. it was my MIL's kimchi, but, my god, it was one of the stinkiest things i've ever smelt (i'm not exaggerating - it made me gag!). good grief. i'd open the fridge, but hold my breath every time :(

but i've heard the same thing about thai food. what's the specific "strong" smell that's the complaint i wonder?

« Reply #10263 on: September 04, 2019, 09:31:10 am »

mate. i've had so many arguments about this. in our old apt, we had no space for a separate fridge (for the kimchi). it would literally stink out the whole fridge, and make EVERYTHING taste of kimchi. it was my MIL's kimchi, but, my god, it was one of the stinkiest things i've ever smelt (i'm not exaggerating - it made me gag!). good grief. i'd open the fridge, but hold my breath every time :(

but i've heard the same thing about thai food. what's the specific "strong" smell that's the complaint i wonder?

Maybe it's the galangal, it can't be the lemongrass, considering that's a fairly popular aroma oil. 

« Reply #10264 on: September 04, 2019, 09:32:53 am »
Boris Johnson is a fukcing twaat.

The only country that isn't making us the laughing stock of the world is the US. 

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
« Reply #10265 on: September 04, 2019, 09:52:12 am »

I'm not sure but I love how everyone is completely letting loose in here now without any comebacks haha.  It's like being at school when your teacher doesn't turn up for class and everyone goes a bit crazy  :laugh:

« Reply #10266 on: September 04, 2019, 11:33:06 am »

I'm not sure but I love how everyone is completely letting loose in here now without any comebacks haha.  It's like being at school when your teacher doesn't turn up for class and everyone goes a bit crazy  :laugh:

Imagine literally being this petty.

« Reply #10267 on: September 04, 2019, 11:38:05 am »
Speaking of food, can we talk about how most cream pasta is actually gross? Especially pasta alfredo. It's like eating a big bowl of fat and noodles. Now that
is greasy. And it's usually a fairly large portion at restaurants. I don't know how people eat that.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10268 on: September 04, 2019, 11:38:31 am »
Boris Johnson is a fukcing twaat.

The only country that isn't making us the laughing stock of the world is the US. 
and brazil!

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #10269 on: September 04, 2019, 11:39:26 am »

Lol do you know what petty means?

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #10270 on: September 04, 2019, 11:41:42 am »
Speaking of food, can we talk about how most cream pasta is actually gross? Especially pasta alfredo. It's like eating a big bowl of fat and noodles. Now that
is greasy. And it's usually a fairly large portion at restaurants. I don't know how people eat that.

I didn't even know that carbonara wasn't creamy in Italy. It's eggy? haha

Yeah, the oil pastas here SWIM in that shit. Ugh.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #10271 on: September 04, 2019, 11:43:57 am »

To clarify, how are any of the above comments petty?  I don't get it.  It's not like Dmart is laid up with a serious illness and people who are usually cowed by his sharp wit and encyclopedic knowledge of facts are coming out of their shells now that can't respond.  Presumably he is on mute for a good reason and people are enjoying a thread staying on track without his meddling.  Nothing petty there. 

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10272 on: September 04, 2019, 11:44:04 am »
carbonara is just parmesan and egg. it's the easiest thing to make, too. and way better than any gross "creamy pasta" thing. also, oil pasta can smd too

« Reply #10273 on: September 04, 2019, 11:54:27 am »
Pasta in general is just kind of gross. Unless it's like, really really good pasta.

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #10274 on: September 04, 2019, 11:56:45 am »

To clarify, how are any of the above comments petty?  I don't get it.  It's not like Dmart is laid up with a serious illness and people who are usually cowed by his sharp wit and encyclopedic knowledge of facts are coming out of their shells now that can't respond.  Presumably he is on mute for a good reason and people are enjoying a thread staying on track without his meddling.  Nothing petty there. 

Yeah exactly.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10275 on: September 04, 2019, 01:02:47 pm »

I don't think  they're being petty.

Frankly, my hope is that DMT will take this opportunity to relax, perhaps find a new hobby.  Something that occupies his time more fruitfully than being a supercilious, lying sack on a web forum.

See? That's petty!
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #10276 on: September 04, 2019, 02:18:18 pm »

Frankly, my hope is that DMT will take this opportunity to relax, perhaps find a new hobby.  Something that occupies his time more fruitfully than being a supercilious, lying sack on a web forum.

See? That's petty!

no THAT was super silly. it was only a little cilious

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10277 on: September 04, 2019, 03:38:17 pm »

See? That's petty!

no THAT was super silly. it was only a little cilious

I’m sure he’s drafting responses, getting ready for his first “only about 15 minutes a day” without a ban.

« Reply #10278 on: September 06, 2019, 08:47:58 am »
I finally had the chance to catch up in some sleep last night after getting a max of 4 hours every night this week... aaaaaaand, I stayed up until 2 AM binge-watching Stranger Things because I got tired of not getting the memes.

I could have waited to watch it later. But I didn't. Wtf is wrong with me?

I've had two cups of coffee this morning, but I'm still dead af and I'm about to have one of my most difficult classes.

TGIF. But **** me.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10279 on: September 06, 2019, 08:58:45 am »
anyone else think stranger things is a bit lame?