Read 1825686 times

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #10020 on: July 04, 2019, 09:39:29 am »
Love is nothing more than chemicals in your brain that make you want to have children.
They hit hard and fast, and slowly dies down. And once they are gone, all you are left with is a failing marriage.

I was exaggerating for effect, for the record. But I get what you're saying.
레새 뭐 페르, 커나르드. 에스티 타베르낰 트루 드 볘르즈.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #10021 on: July 04, 2019, 09:40:19 am »
Love is nothing more than chemicals in your brain that make you want to have children.
They hit hard and fast, and slowly dies down. And once they are gone, all you are left with is a failing marriage.

I was exaggerating for effect, for the record. But I get what you're saying.

What I said was just a joke from Rick and Morty haha

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10022 on: July 04, 2019, 10:08:53 am »

Ah ok sorry.  I suppose personally, I think it's bad form to mock your opponents' culture like that.  Just seems really trashy (whatever the opposite of "classy" is) to me.
yeah, it didn't feel very "gracious". comes across as being a bad winner, for me. same with celebrating every goal in that 13-0 game. but whatever, not an overly big deal

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10023 on: July 05, 2019, 04:47:30 am »
Warning for Canadians:

Yesterday, my KEB-Hana MasterCard was declined at Tim Horton’s in Saint John, NB.

I paid in cash, and called the bank. My wife in in Manitoba, and was  planning to use that card quite a bit this week!

The bank saw the two attempts  “Declined”, put couldn’t explain why. There was plenty of available credit, and I was up to date on payments.

In any event, I used my card later that day.  My wife used hers in Manitoba a two times... but in the third purchase today it was declined. At a Tim Horton’s half way across the country.

Has anybody else had this happen? Are there other vendors I should avoid with this card?

« Reply #10024 on: July 05, 2019, 08:49:21 am »
Warning for Canadians:

Yesterday, my KEB-Hana MasterCard was declined at Tim Horton’s in Saint John, NB.

I paid in cash, and called the bank. My wife in in Manitoba, and was  planning to use that card quite a bit this week!

The bank saw the two attempts  “Declined”, put couldn’t explain why. There was plenty of available credit, and I was up to date on payments.

In any event, I used my card later that day.  My wife used hers in Manitoba a two times... but in the third purchase today it was declined. At a Tim Horton’s half way across the country.

Has anybody else had this happen? Are there other vendors I should avoid with this card?

Before going abroad, you're required to notify your bank otherwise there's a chance they'll view the international payment as suspicious and decline it.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10025 on: July 05, 2019, 09:00:46 am »
Warning for Canadians:

Before going abroad, you're required to notify your bank otherwise there's a chance they'll view the international payment as suspicious and decline it.
I travel a lot.
It works everywhere else.
Most Canadian banks no longer require reporting.
It’s just at Tim Horton restaurants - the biggest coffee shop chain in Canada.

« Reply #10026 on: July 05, 2019, 09:12:25 am »
I travel a lot.

In the U.S., a lot of the big chain stores and shops require banks to sign some type of agreement in order to accept their charges.

If Canada works in a similar way, it could be that KEB-Hana failed to sign the agreement with Tim Hortons. So then the business can't recognize that charge card as coming from an accepted or legitimate bank.

Or something.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #10027 on: July 05, 2019, 09:39:48 am »
Sitting in a huge, 3 level coffee shop. One of the few in my city that opens early. 2 other customers in the whole place. Probably 80-100 free seats on this level. I never choose prime seating by the window as they attract the most people. Sitting in peace, mentally preparing myself for the day. Some absolute **** chooses to sit right next to me. Out of the other 100 vacant seats, he has to sit within a meter of me.

No that's not all, this pos starts watching a video on his phone, while not at full volume, still without headphones. And he slurps his drink.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10028 on: July 05, 2019, 09:54:12 am »
I travel a lot.

In the U.S., a lot of the big chain stores and shops require banks to sign some type of agreement in order to accept their charges.

If Canada works in a similar way, it could be that KEB-Hana failed to sign the agreement with Tim Hortons. So then the business can't recognize that charge card as coming from an accepted or legitimate bank.

Or something.
Nope.
If there is a MasterCard sign in the window, they take it. Canada has few large banks, like Korea and unlike the USA with many small banks.
The payment networks (Visa, MasterCard, Interac, Amex, etc) are pretty solid here.
My bank saw the declines, but couldn’t explain why.

« Reply #10029 on: July 05, 2019, 09:59:19 am »
Sitting in a huge, 3 level coffee shop. One of the few in my city that opens early. 2 other customers in the whole place. Probably 80-100 free seats on this level. I never choose prime seating by the window as they attract the most people. Sitting in peace, mentally preparing myself for the day. Some absolute **** chooses to sit right next to me. Out of the other 100 vacant seats, he has to sit within a meter of me.

No that's not all, this pos starts watching a video on his phone, while not at full volume, still without headphones. And he slurps his drink.

And you laughed at me for buying traffic cones. Bet you wish you had some now.

• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
« Reply #10030 on: July 05, 2019, 10:19:20 am »

Haha I feel your pain.  I hate that so much.

I was rewatching There Will be Blood last night and this line really spoke to me..."I want to earn enough money that I can get away from everyone"   :laugh:

« Reply #10031 on: July 05, 2019, 10:58:55 am »

I love hearing people's reasons for invading others' personal spaces without having any rhyme or logic to it, haha. What do you think? Maybe it was HIS spot, where he'll sit no matter what's going on as long as it's free. Maybe he was making some weird power play and trying to see if he could get you to move. Or maybe he just really liked the look of you and wanted to be close. ;)

This is like those guys who slide up to use the urinal next to yours, even when there are plenty of other free ones.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #10032 on: July 05, 2019, 11:01:35 am »

happens all the time to me too. zero spacial/social awareness. absolute mongs

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10033 on: July 05, 2019, 11:04:27 am »

I love hearing people's reasons for invading others' personal spaces without having any rhyme or logic to it, haha. What do you think? Maybe it was HIS spot, where he'll sit no matter what's going on as long as it's free. Maybe he was making some weird power play and trying to see if he could get you to move. Or maybe he just really liked the look of you and wanted to be close. ;)

This is like those guys who slide up to use the urinal next to yours, even when there are plenty of other free ones.
Is the urinal thing a big issue for you?

« Reply #10034 on: July 05, 2019, 11:08:58 am »

Probably because Chinguetti is female

« Reply #10035 on: July 05, 2019, 11:15:03 am »

For me? No. I don't generally sneak into men's restrooms to use their urinals.

But it's a recurring complaint I hear from the men in my life, lol.

https://medium.com/@chrishiggins/an-explanation-of-urinals-and-urinal-culture-66dc3cd0364b

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #10036 on: July 05, 2019, 11:35:58 am »
I travel a lot.

Or something.

Not to be brusque, but there is no way that system of doing things could ever work.  It would be impossible to set up.  If they have agreements with Visa or Mastercard or some other umbrella organization that takes care of the leg work.  Can you imagine Tim Horton's or any other corporate entity having to sign agreements with every bank in the world?

« Reply #10037 on: July 05, 2019, 11:36:06 am »

And you laughed at me for buying traffic cones. Bet you wish you had some now.

This is the post.

« Reply #10038 on: July 05, 2019, 11:42:58 am »
I travel a lot.

Or something.

Not to be brusque, but there is no way that system of doing things could ever work.  It would be impossible to set up.  If they have agreements with Visa or Mastercard or some other umbrella organization that takes care of the leg work.  Can you imagine Tim Horton's or any other corporate entity having to sign agreements with every bank in the world?

This is exactly how an old high school job of mine worked, and it was with a pretty big chain. We couldn't get a customer's card to work, there was no apparent reason for it, the customer was super angry and wanted an explanation because apparently it wasn't on the bank's side, we did some digging, and that's what we learned after making lots of phone calls for about an hour.

I don't know the 'ins and outs' of it, but it does happen, and for different reasons. The financial world is far more complicated than most consumers realize. Some big businesses want or need that extra thing of a thing, no matter what logo is on the card, because it has something to do with other agreements they might have, and they need to have all their bases covered. It could be something as simple as that, and it may not be consistent from one region or country to the next.

I know it sounds impossible and illogical and counterintuitive, but trust, this isn't even the most ridiculous thing I've come across or learned about how different financial institutions and big businesses work or fail to work with each other.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 11:48:36 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #10039 on: July 05, 2019, 11:44:07 am »
But it's a recurring complaint I hear from the men in my life, lol.

I find that when I walk into the male toilet at school and all four urinals are occupied, I start to mark out my territory by pissing around the four teachers at the urinals, as a sign of dominance.  'That's my bit, alright'.  Or if I know that one of the teachers taking a leak is more of an alpha-male than me, I stand by the door and do my business without taking my trousers down, and as they walk past, seeing I pissed myself, I get the sympathy look.  Winz all round!  I take it as my immense popularity at my school that the teachers are always talking about me.  *happy face*