Read 1233486 times

Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #7800 on: May 27, 2020, 12:50:44 pm »
had my first class today, students didnt talk, wearing a mask was difficult and since I have to recreate the exact same lesson for the students as the ones who had the current lesson online to make it fair......exhaustin g

« Reply #7801 on: May 27, 2020, 12:54:16 pm »
I taught my first class before lunch today.  Really missed my students, although I've had weekly contact with them with emails since the online classes started, so I know where they're at.  So today was just - Travel - Part 2 after last week's part 1.  I walked around the class a little and make the point of sanitising my hands before giving the handout.  But they laughed at my 아재, so I'm happy.  I felt sorry for them during the 'lockdown', so it's nice to see them back with their classmates and enjoying themselves. 

Actually, wearing a mask for a while rubs against the top of my ears making them sore.  Maybe I shouldn't have such a big head.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7802 on: May 27, 2020, 01:02:03 pm »
I taught my first class before lunch today.  Really missed my students, although I've had weekly contact with them with emails since the online classes started, so I know where they're at.  So today was just - Travel - Part 2 after last week's part 1.  I walked around the class a little and make the point of sanitising my hands before giving the handout.  But they laughed at my 아재, so I'm happy.  I felt sorry for them during the 'lockdown', so it's nice to see them back with their classmates and enjoying themselves. 

Actually, wearing a mask for a while rubs against the top of my ears making them sore.  Maybe I shouldn't have such a big head.
i got that problem with my nose. the masks always chafe me big conk

« Reply #7803 on: May 27, 2020, 01:14:56 pm »
Try the masks that wrap around your head instead of your ears, if you can find one.  Something like this one, but not this one. I have one similar to the one in the link, but it NOT good for anyone with a large nose. The wrap around the head it good. I have another one that wraps around, which has a single valve and a very soft nice material, but I can't find it. I'll look a bit more and update if I can find it.

https://www.amazon.com/Activated-Cycling-Breathing-Padding-Walking/dp/B087ZP397V/ref=sr_1_117?dchild=1&keywords=mask+filters&qid=1590556332&rnid=2941120011&s=sports-and-fitness&sr=1-117

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #7804 on: May 27, 2020, 01:17:43 pm »
I bought the child masks to fit my face, they are perfect on my face but hurt my ears, the strings are too small which in turn hurts my long nose!! 

« Reply #7805 on: May 27, 2020, 01:22:54 pm »
Maybe you can find some stretchy fabric and stitch it once to make a loop, then you can loop that around the ear string, effectively making an extension. Then you can remove it and use it one the next mask that you use. A rubber band would also work, but I doubt it would be very comfortable.

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #7806 on: Yesterday at 12:39:23 pm »
Maybe you can find some stretchy fabric and stitch it once to make a loop, then you can loop that around the ear string, effectively making an extension. Then you can remove it and use it one the next mask that you use. A rubber band would also work, but I doubt it would be very comfortable.

Thank you. I used thin hair ties to attach to the ear strings. worked out well!

« Reply #7807 on: Yesterday at 03:04:09 pm »
Thank you. I used thin hair ties to attach to the ear strings. worked out well!

Glad to hear!

• Colburnnn
  • Expert Waygook

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #7808 on: Today at 07:20:26 am »
75% of foreigners regularly hang out in Itaewon. Only about 0.001% of Koreans do.

« Reply #7809 on: Today at 07:37:01 am »

Finally! Have a good one. One class today in the afternoon. Going to be a not so productive morning. I may just take a nap.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #7810 on: Today at 07:38:10 am »

You posted this last week and no one acknowleged you, so I will now.

I notice you, Senpai and Happy Friday.
레새 뭐 페르, 커나르드. 에스티 타베르낰 트루 드 볘르즈.

« Reply #7811 on: Today at 08:14:43 am »
I remember reading somewhere that they (her, her family, and whoever her agent was) tried to monetize on that song. Like they released it for free at first, but then after the song and music video went viral, they tried to charge people for it. I mean it went viral because of how bad it was, lol, so I don't think it worked out for them.

Which is funny because they could have made money if they'd focused on merch instead of on the song itself.  :undecided:

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #7812 on: Today at 08:19:03 am »
I remember reading somewhere that they (her, her family, and whoever her agent was) tried to monetize on that song. Like they released it for free at first, but then after the song and music video went viral, they tried to charge people for it. I mean it went viral because of how bad it was, lol, so I don't think it worked out for them.

Which is funny because they could have made money if they'd focused on merch instead of on the song itself.  :undecided:

Just googled RB Net worth.

"Rebecca Black net worth: It might hurt a little to read this, but singer of the infamous viral anti-hit "Friday" Rebecca Black has a net worth of $1.5 million dollars."
레새 뭐 페르, 커나르드. 에스티 타베르낰 트루 드 볘르즈.

« Reply #7813 on: Today at 08:26:35 am »
Just googled RB Net worth.

"Rebecca Black net worth: It might hurt a little to read this, but singer of the infamous viral anti-hit "Friday" Rebecca Black has a net worth of $1.5 million dollars."

Hahahaha

I guess she was able to cash in on a little bit of that notoriety, although from what I remember she comes from a family with money, so I'm guessing a good size chunk of that cash is due to other investments.

If she made all of that from her song, "Friday," I'd be seriously impressed.

Also, a look at wiki gives more detail into that whole pay-to-watch controversy: " In June 2011, ARK Music Factory started charging $2.99 (equivalent to $3.4 in 2019) to watch the music video on YouTube.[35] Later that month, "Friday" was removed as a result of the legal dispute; it was restored to YouTube on September 16, 2011, on Black's official channel."

Which makes me wonder if part of that legal dispute was her disagreeing with ARK Music Factory's move.

• Colburnnn
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #7814 on: Today at 08:45:38 am »
You posted this last week and no one acknowleged you, so I will now.

I notice you, Senpai and Happy Friday.

And I will continue to do so from now on. The spirit of deciding which seat to take when your friends arrive to commute on the final day of the working week shall live on!
75% of foreigners regularly hang out in Itaewon. Only about 0.001% of Koreans do.

• Colburnnn
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #7815 on: Today at 08:52:14 am »
I saw a short documentary on YT about it, apparently she was in the drama club at school and they were asked to make some promo thing. They liked RB and asked her to make a song. They had a multiple to choose from and landed on Friday.

She got bullied to shit about it and had to leave school.

Now she is doing her own YT stuff and what not. I guess all celebs started out doing equally cringe stuff.

Friday is permanently etched into the meme hall of fame with the likes of numa numa guy, Sith Kermit and Harambe.

« Reply #7816 on: Today at 10:09:51 am »
I saw a short documentary on YT about it, apparently she was in the drama club at school and they were asked to make some promo thing. They liked RB and asked her to make a song. They had a multiple to choose from and landed on Friday.

She got bullied to shit about it and had to leave school.

Now she is doing her own YT stuff and what not. I guess all celebs started out doing equally cringe stuff.

Friday is permanently etched into the meme hall of fame with the likes of numa numa guy, Sith Kermit and Harambe.

Yeah, I didn't really follow her deal very closely, only that people thought she was crazy for thinking that she could get people to pay that much money to watch her youtube video.

Then after that she kind of faded into obscurity, and the only time I hear about her is when this song is brought up.

It's too late for it now, but she definitely could have made some serious money off of it without having to resort to making people pay to watch it. It makes sense that she wasn't part of that decision, though, and that she would want to try to move on from it asap after the fallout. Not everyone can ramp it up like the Cash-Me-Outside girl.

In any case, she's clearly got some sponsors and other investments, so she's doing fine now.

« Reply #7817 on: Today at 11:59:26 am »
Lot of teachers are trying to buy the pencil tumbler by Starbucks. Locations are selling out of them quick.

I don't get the fuss. I know they're kind of school related, but they're fugly as hell.

« Reply #7818 on: Today at 04:58:06 pm »
Whenever I see people wearing white trousers, my mind always arrives at the same thought.  There is no way I could get away with it.  I just imagine after about 5 minutes being covered in ketchup, mud or blood or something else.  To me, white trousers = be very very careful.  Also, I'd need white undies too.  Which would bring their own problems. 

Pointless Friday ramble finished....