Read 476 times

• bsweet
  • Adventurer

• September 10, 2010, 10:21:23 pm
    • Waegwan
I bought a refurbished HP Probook 4520s last summer on GMarket and yesterday it froze up and stopped working. I had a lot of video tabs open and it just froze. I turned it off and now it won't work. When I push the power button, it lights up, then the Caps Lock light flashed 3 times, pauses, and repeats, and the fan starts blowing. Doing research, it seems that it may be a memory issue. I tried a force reset, removing the battery and power cord, and holding the power button for 15 seconds. That didn't help. Then I opened it up and took out the memory cards and put them back in, but that didn't help either.

I think I need to have it serviced. Where can I go and how much is reasonable to spend for parts (if it needs replacement RAM) and labor?

I live in Gumi, but am going to Seoul this weekend. So Seoul, Gumi, and Daegu are all options.

Thanks!

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
Korea MacPC guys'

Look these guys up on Facebook, they will sort you for the best possible price. They are expats so you won't get ripped off.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• Inge1415
  • Veteran

• August 23, 2014, 09:43:50 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Korea MacPC guys'

Look these guys up on Facebook, they will sort you for the best possible price. They are expats so you won't get ripped off.

I second this. Bought a used laptop through them, they were great.

Since you're gonna be in Seoul, give Phil a shout at https://www.facebook.com/groups/PhilsComputerRepository/

He's great.  He works fast and keeps you updated on the whole process.  When my laptop stopped working, I sent it to him and it was done in a day.  He's very generous with his pricing as well. 

• jonnyT
  • Waygookin

• August 06, 2016, 09:08:27 am
Jody at EnglishPCSales.com does repairs.  He is based in Sejong, which is halfway between Gumi and Seoul.

EnglishPCSales.com