Read 1347 times

Hi!

Sorry, I did try the FAQS and search function here and on google first.  No help.  Hoping Someone has experience with this:

I taught in Korea from 2012-march 2016.  Decided to take break and now have a decent job offer lined up.  I thought I had my paper work sorted, but I guess I forgot how complicated this is.

In 2012 Immigration kept my apostilled Diploma copy (new policy at the time). I called immigration before leaving Korea and they verified they have the copy on file. 

I was under the impression I could just leave it there and when I applied again they would have it?  Or do I need a new copy and apostille? 

Currently living in Taiwan so stateside affairs are not easy.  Nor is my phone situation, though I will try to call immigration help line on Monday if I can figure out calling cards.

I have a brother in Austin Tx who may be able to get my CBC and Degree notarized and apostilled, but does he need some kind of special authorization form me?  And can I send a digital file of my degree for apostille?  or has to be original?

Appreciate the kind and decent help any one has to offer.   I am aware of various Apsotille services and may have to go that route, but anything to save me time money would be good.

Cheers!
save $5 on iherb by using discount code TCB077  !

1. Be good 2. Be nice  3. Be clean

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
If your previous visa ended and/or you gave in your arc card on your way out, you'll have to start afresh.

New everything.

It sucks. But if it was March, you are past the 90 day period, so you'll have to start from scratch again. Last I heard, the FBI criminal check takes around 3-4 months to get now..so a heads up on that one. I really, really wish there was a more streamlined way to do the stupid background checks...it is ridiculous waiting that long and then having to wait even longer getting the apostille. What utter nonsense. Anyhow, best of luck and apply for the criminal check as soon as possible.

• Imogen1991
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 18, 2015, 12:26:47 am
    • Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Sorry to hijack your thread but.. you said immi confirmed they have your apostilled degree copy, do you know if its possible to get them from them? I'm moving to Vietnam next month and it would save me lots of hassle to not have to do that document dance again

Sorry to hijack your thread but.. you said immi confirmed they have your apostilled degree copy, do you know if its possible to get them from them? I'm moving to Vietnam next month and it would save me lots of hassle to not have to do that document dance again

If it's past 90 days(ie you've been out of Korea for 90 days), you'll have to get all new documents. Copies of your previous one will mean nothing. This mean, if you are from the US, ordering from the FBI will take 3-4 months, plus 2-4 weeks for the apostille(unless you pay for a courier).

• Imogen1991
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 18, 2015, 12:26:47 am
    • Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

If it's past 90 days(ie you've been out of Korea for 90 days), you'll have to get all new documents. Copies of your previous one will mean nothing. This mean, if you are from the US, ordering from the FBI will take 3-4 months, plus 2-4 weeks for the apostille(unless you pay for a courier).

I'm not from the US, I need to get a new police check anyway
What I meant was getting the actual degree document back from immigration, not to use in Korea, to use in Vietnam, I'm still currently in Korea

UPDATE:

I talked with Immigration today and I will NOT have to get a new Apostille for the Degree copy.  I was assured that, even after 90 days, as long as it was still on file that was fine. 

Of course I already have my CBC, just looking for a service to apostille it.  Any suggestions on that appreciated.  My brother will send it to the service from Texas, then it will be shipped to me here in Taiwan. 

Yes, if you are still in Korea you can visit the immigration office and ask for it to be returned.  You should call immigration and verify which office has it.

You can get an expedited FBI check within a few days/ few weeks using an approved FBI channeler. 

Hope this question helped others.

Thanks for all your responses!
save $5 on iherb by using discount code TCB077  !

1. Be good 2. Be nice  3. Be clean