Read 13059 times

• moonbrie
  • Expert Waygook

• March 31, 2016, 10:32:14 am
    • Busan
Re: Musical Pursuit (Music Game)
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 01:32:15 pm »
This works on my work computer, but not on the one in my English room... I don't know what the problem is. I was so excited to use this today too.

Oh no! I'm sorry it doesn't work. :( Are the versions of PPT different in your office and your English room computers?

You can try Powerpoint Viewer if your English room is running PPT 2007 and not 2010 or 2013: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13

tried powerpoint viewer, it didn't work :(

what did work was dragging the tech lady down to my room and saying "파와포인트 업데이트! 이전십 필요해요."

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 02:26:03 pm »

Also, the question grid squares didn't disappear after they were selected.  I was expecting to click on, say, K-Pop 3, do the question, then when I got back to the main page, to see that K-Pop 3 had disappeared.  Is it supposed to?  I got around this by drawing the question grid on the board and marking off each question as it was used.

I'm glad it worked well for you! The squares are supposed to disappear once clicked on--I've tested it on multiple computers, so I don't know what the problem is. Sorry that I can't be of more help.  :sad:

moonbrie: I'm glad you got your PPT updated and it works for you now!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:40:25 pm by perpetualjoy »

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 02:52:57 pm »
Ok, thanks.  If I know they are supposed to disappear I can look for the problem.  Thanks for confirming.

It could be the ancient version of PPT we have here, but all the media and graphics worked, so that's the important thing.

Thanks again!

• gunit
  • Newgookin

• December 26, 2012, 08:19:48 am
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 02:48:48 pm »
this is amazing! Haven't tried it yet but I work at a Girls MS and they love music games! going to try it out with my camp

thank you so much

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 11:58:34 am »
You should make a note of the answers in advance, so that you can see if the fastest team is actually correct.

Here you are:
Pop:
1) gonna, bird, night, Sia, "Chandelier"
2) go, sun, pretend, One Direction, "Live While We're Young"
3) reason, wasted, young, Adam Levine, "Lost Stars"
4) called, tonight, time, Taylor Swift, "We Are Never Getting Back Together"
5) night, position, soon, Carly Rae Jepson, "I Really Like You"
6) love, gone, place, Beatles, "Yesterday"

I usually insist that the students only write the three missing words, and I don't show the answer slide immediately.  Once I see the three words I announce that team to be the winner then ask for singer and song name (from any team) for bonus points.  After that I show the answer.

K-Pop:
1) BTS, "I need U"
2) SNSD, "Nengmyeon"
3) Produce 101, "Pick Me"
4) Super Junior, "Sorry"
5) Urban Zakapa, "I Don't Love You"
6) Yoon Mirae, "Always"

Number 3 is shown as "Pick Me Up", but my students insisted it was "Pick Me".  You should edit the PPT if you agree.

Words:
baby, tree, middle, love, go, open

Listen:
1) Bruno Mars, "Marry You"
2) EXO, "Call Me Baby"
3) A-Pink, "Mr. Chu"
4) Carly Rae Jepson, "Call Me Maybe"
5) Maroon 5, "Payphone"
6) Girls Generation, "Gee"

Watch:
1) pink
2) bag
3) 7:15
4) skateboarding
5) four
6) defeat

Corrections welcome, but I think that's all right.  Also, the volume levels vary a lot between clips, so watch out for that.

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 09:32:58 am »
Thanks for making the answer sheet for those who need it! The song is actually "Pick Me," but I forgot to change it when I uploaded the PPT to waygook.

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:35 am »
Excellent game, I used it for the first time today and it was a hit!  Thanks for all your efforts OP. 

I would like to keep making more of these for future classes, so I was wondering if you could post a link to the sites that you used to get the 8bit music on the listening section.  I'm sure I can easily find english songs, but please link the site you used for Kpop songs.

Thanks again!

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 08:07:35 am »
I find 8-bit versions of songs on YouTube and then use a youtube to mp3 converter. :) A lot of popular K-pop songs have 8bit versions, so they're fairly easy to find!

• ncrippen
  • Explorer

• September 04, 2014, 05:35:39 pm
    • sOUTH kOREA
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2019, 12:09:13 pm »
This is so so so awesome!!!