Read 1712 times

Accessing NongHyup bank back home
« on: June 29, 2016, 07:24:48 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm leaving my contract a little early, and have a feeling my school probably won't deposit the money in my bank account until after I leave...I have internet banking set up with NongHyup though so I was hoping I could just transfer the money over once I get back home. Does anybody have experience with this? Or does NH restrict access to internet banking if you're outside of Korea? Thanks.

  • gideonvasquez
  • Super Waygook

    • 464

    • August 27, 2015, 08:42:34 am
    • Uisung - Gyeongbuk-do
Re: Accessing NongHyup bank back home
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 07:58:29 am »
I'm just basing this on my experience so you might want to check with an NH representative.

I had no problems accessing my NH bank account back home when I was in America during Feb. of 2016. Just remember that you will need your account PIN, the security codes card, and all of the NH security programs updated and installed. You will also need a valid security certificate.

The important things are the PIN, card, and certificate. If you forget your PIN or put in the wrong one too many times it becomes much more difficult to create a new one without being inside a NH branch. The card is needed for fairly obvious reasons. If you did the frequent accounts thing with your remittance account then you might be good without it, however you would need the card to apply for a new certificate.

Certificates (NPKI for NH banking) are only valid for a certain period of time, I think 1 year from issuance. To get a new one you can apply in person or I think renew online using the card or other system (there were a few options last time I checked the card seemed easiest for me).

*TL;DR* As long as you don't forget your login information or mess up the login 3 or more times you're set. If you mess up it's possible to have them transfer it without going in person but it's a butt to try and get them to do it.

Re: Accessing NongHyup bank back home
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 01:54:41 pm »
You can transfer money overseas after you set up a remittance account. You have to go into a branch and sign some papers designating NH as your remittance bank.

Re: Accessing NongHyup bank back home
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 01:57:44 pm »
I transfered money from NH to Canada when I was in Canada once.  I had my yessign info on a USB key.  Had to put it on my sister's laptop there and install all their crap though.  I had to try to remove it from her computer after done.  I also brought that card thingee with all the number codes on it.  Just make sure your yessign info doesn't expire for a few months till after you go home or you'll be SOL. 

Re: Accessing NongHyup bank back home
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 09:24:19 am »
Thanks guys!