Read 4046 times

• Loki88
  • Expert Waygook

• July 25, 2014, 08:41:07 am
    • Seoul
Re: Bullying in the Classroom and at School
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 11:23:40 am »

In the UK you are legally bound to ask for signed permission to post someone's photo or video online. If you don't, they can sue you even if you take it down on request.

Absolutely nothing about this statement is true, just a heads up.

Would it no the dependent on the place the video or photo was taken?
Ie. public spaces are fair game, private places are not. I wonder what a school would qualify as.

• DLJL
  • Super Waygook

• July 26, 2015, 08:33:30 pm
    • Yeosu
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 11:29:17 am »

In the UK you are legally bound to ask for signed permission to post someone's photo or video online. If you don't, they can sue you even if you take it down on request.

Absolutely nothing about this statement is true, just a heads up.

Would it no the dependent on the place the video or photo was taken?
Ie. public spaces are fair game, private places are not. I wonder what a school would qualify as.

There's a whole myriad of rules regarding photographs, who owns the photograph, who is allowed to be depicted in photographs and when. For example, for a while it was illegal to photograph police at all. Now they've watered it down so that it's only illegal if they have cause to believe that you're photographing them to assist in planning some sort of crime.

There are so many rules, regulations and exceptions to what you can and cannot photograph but the assertion that you need written permission from anyone to post a picture of them on the internet is something he's just pulled from his bum hole. If that were the case there's about 50 people I can sue on facebook right now for uploading pictures of me without my written consent; I'm going to be rich.

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 11:34:30 am »
I was hoping for feedback on how people handle bullying, harassment, and general put-downs among classmates.  The information about the video project was purely to give the context in which the comments were made, but my concern lies more in the fact that the kids are so frequently slamming one another's appearances and shaming one another.
I think pretty much everybody did give you good feedback (minus one douchebag). The best way to handle it is to not post video footage of your students. This happened outside of class time so there's nothing you can, or should do about the bully/teasing. If you tried to do something you would just make things worse and distance yourself from your students. You can't control what kids say outside of class, or how kids feel about their bodies. But you can try to be a good role model and help the student with their body image issues. And you can control your own video content.