Read 1806 times

SOOOOO Frustrated
« on: April 27, 2011, 12:50:01 pm »
So my school has FINALLY received an after-school budget from the local education office. I wanted to buy the Genki English online pack, because I have heard its REALLY good with young learners. But the school is now telling me I can't use the budget to buy those materials, even though its cost is a fraction of what it would be to buy individual books/cds/flashcards because it is not a Korean company and has no Korean ID number.
ALL IT TAKES IS INPUTTING THE CREDIT CARD, DOWNLOADING THE FILES, AND THE CHILDREN WOULD START LEARNING TODAY!!!! WHAT IS SO TERRIBLY HARD ABOUT GRASPING THAT CONCEPT?????
Has anyone ever thought that maybe part of the reason Korea is 77th or so in the world in terms of English is because of their reliance on Korean companies to provide their educational materials? Do you know how many uninteresting and grammatically incorrect workbooks and readers I've found on the shelves of English Education Bookstores?
Korea does alot of things well, but English language learning is not one of them. LET US HAVE ACCESS TO THE MATERIALS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR KIDS LEARN!

• Cereal
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 16, 2011, 12:51:55 pm
    • Earth
    more
Re: SOOOOO Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 01:00:19 pm »
Agreed.
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

• pyeager
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• January 19, 2010, 08:19:14 am
    • Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:04:51 pm »
You could try this:
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/243069749/Genki+english?tab=summary

(Let's please not start a discussion about copyrights...)

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 01:57:13 pm »
I will try downloading that when I get home.
You rock!
It's still a shame that someone has to lose out on their money because of their stupid bureaucratic rules, however.

• mdahl45
  • Adventurer

• November 29, 2010, 07:51:52 am
    • pohang, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 02:00:26 pm »
Even if you don't use school money for it will the school let you use a non-Korean English program?

• yonag
  • Waygookin

• March 28, 2011, 02:21:02 pm
    • Seoul, Korea
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 02:12:59 pm »
It's still a shame that someone has to lose out on their money because of their stupid bureaucratic rules, however.
It's all according to plan, man.  The Korean government is just as interested (if not more so) in supporting their own economy as they are in teaching their kids English, as they should be and as is entirely reasonable for them to be... that's all!  They're feeding the Korean taxpayer's money back into the system... they'll be damned if some other economy gets their grubby hands on their hard-generated wealth!!!

And to make the deal sweeter, the frustrated NET will now pirate the more effective teaching materials, while the Korean co-teacher will undoubtedly spend the allotted money on Korean-made products.. down to the very last won.  Win-win!

Just sayin.  :P

• gookway
  • Super Waygook

• March 31, 2011, 12:22:19 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 02:20:32 pm »
Yeah, it's true, but I've noticed the Korean English (standardized government curriculum) has gotten much better from the old curriculum.  The songs and the cgi characters dancing is down right scary.

• Schellib39
  • Expert Waygook

• March 10, 2011, 03:08:04 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 02:21:35 pm »
Mate look at it as job security, let them continue using terrible materials all they would like. lol